Borderlands 3 Page 28

• DrStrangelove 24 Oct 2019 21:46:51 14,693 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Just a heads up, the Halloween stage is pretty tough compared to the rest of the game
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 24 Oct 2019 23:25:16 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @DrStrangelove Just ran it on Zane on mayhem 1. It's a bit tougher than normal content, but basically ok-ish. Boss has a nice big crit-zone, so my Lyuda build absolutely burned him down.
  • Daeltaja 25 Oct 2019 08:19:59 1,747 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    What I don't get about the skippable cinematics thing is that game events are triggered within the cutscene. Mass Effect did that too, you could install a mod that lets you skip them but then the game might break e.g. because someone died in the cutscene but if you skipped it they were still alive. Why do it that way in the first place? If what happens in the cutscene is pre-defined anyway, why not simply have a new game state after the cutscene?
    Yeah it's a strange design decision, especially in this case since there's no branching paths and everyone gets the same progression path. Before cutscenes trigger would be a better time to set progress flags. Maybe then intended for branching paths at some point?

Edited by Daeltaja at 08:20:31 25-10-2019
  • minky-kong 25 Oct 2019 08:58:19 14,434 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    The latest patch seems to have broken the "Mark as Junk/Favourite" button in the inventory (on PS4 at least). Makes selling guns a pain in the arse.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 25 Oct 2019 09:23:40 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    They really do need to get cracking on the whole skippable cutscenes thing. I've got a Zane who is post-game at level 50, a Moze in the last couple of hours of the campaign and an Amara who's just reached Eden 6 and there are a few cutscenes that really, really grate from the second viewing onwards. The ones at the end of the initial Pandora section and at the very end of Promethea, in particular, go on for ages and are not really worth rewatching.
  • gamecat 25 Oct 2019 12:25:21 899 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    The ones when you are first on Sanctuary are irritating to the extreme as well, made more so in that you can't just afk for 10 minutes, you have to 'Talk to Lillith' about 3 times to push the thing along. There was none of this press X to exposition nonsense in BL2 iirc, or if there was you could trigger it and walk away, not have to comme back several times the same NPC.
  • DUFFMAN5 25 Oct 2019 12:58:51 25,081 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    When is the first story dlc expected to drop. Looking back at BL2 it released on 8th Sept 2012 with the first dlc coming on Oct 16th.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 12:59:17 25-10-2019
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 25 Oct 2019 13:02:46 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5 Before Christmas, I think, but donít know any more. Think we have a name now... ďsomething something Maliwan BlacksiteĒ.
  • DrStrangelove 25 Oct 2019 16:29:32 14,693 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    @DrStrangelove Just ran it on Zane on mayhem 1. It's a bit tougher than normal content, but basically ok-ish. Boss has a nice big crit-zone, so my Lyuda build absolutely burned him down.
    I had some unexpected trouble with my newly level 50 Zane on TVHM (no mayhem) but then with Moze on normal Mayhem 1 it was a walk in the park. Don't know how much stronger TVHM makes enemies, but now that I've got all 4 characters on level 50, it's safe to say that at least with my builds Moze is clearly the easiest (no grenades, no Iron Bear, pure gun+shields build). No real challenge even without legendaries.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 26 Oct 2019 15:16:33 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Finally got the legendary shotgun from the Halloween event. Took me a dozen or so goes - pretty damned grindy.

It has very high damage, but is fiddly to use. Nice gun, but don't see it replacing my Conference Call in my shotgun slot.
  • crashVoodoo 26 Oct 2019 17:03:40 6,470 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    What the Heck!

I've met Maurice, collected some ghost juice and opened the door and taken on the boss and ... that's it?

If I want to run it again do i have to get some more ghost juice. Does it get progressively harder or will I just be repeating ?
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 26 Oct 2019 17:45:39 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @crashVoodoo Just repeating. It's just a small - grindy - piece of FreeLC.

There are three unique legendaries you can earn in Heck - a shotgun, a grenade and a class-mod. These have a modest chance to drop from the boss there and a much smaller chance to drop from any normal enemy in there. Took me about a dozen runs to get the shotgun. Picked up two of the grenade along the way. Never saw the class-mod, but not that fussed about it.

You can also earn some cosmetics by completing various challenges (viewable from the new tab on your echo device).
  • Dazimus 26 Oct 2019 18:40:23 999 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Iím finding Iíve lost that urge to keep playing this. BL1 and BL2 has me absolutely hooked but this really isnít. The writing and humour is really poor but there must be something else to it because Iím having to persuade myself to keep playing.
  • Addy__ 26 Oct 2019 20:51:28 2,002 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Dazimus wrote:
    Iím finding Iíve lost that urge to keep playing this. BL1 and BL2 has me absolutely hooked but this really isnít. The writing and humour is really poor but there must be something else to it because Iím having to persuade myself to keep playing.
    I got bored and got rid and I loved the others. Think I'm just bored with the whole looter shooter game now.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 27 Oct 2019 00:04:04 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Despite the shortcomings in the writing, I confess I'm loving this. Can't wait for the first piece of season-pass DLC.
  • hedben2013 27 Oct 2019 07:43:17 1,248 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I've fallen off this but I'm sure I'll be back. Reading some of the comments about late-game Zane I'm tempted to try a restart with Amara but for all I know they'll have completely rebalanced in another couple of months anyway.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 27 Oct 2019 08:09:26 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @hedben2013 A lot of that rebalancing has already happened. Zane has builds that can burn bosses in seconds, just like other characters. Some of the ridiculously OP builds for the other characters have been brought down to around Zane's level.
  • crashVoodoo 27 Oct 2019 08:43:30 6,470 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Despite the shortcomings in the writing, I confess I'm loving this. Can't wait for the first piece of season-pass DLC.
    Yeah it's all I want to play at the moment
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 27 Oct 2019 09:25:22 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I think one of the reasons I like it so much is that compared to most other shooter-looters, it's all fun, no pressure. There are no daily quests nagging at me, no grind for some additional currency that you need to keep your character up to spec (Eridium is largely useless in the end-game), no pressure to keep chasing after some particular set of numbers I need to remain "viable".

I can genuinely load this up for an hour or two of fun shooting, without feeling like I'm stuck in some corporation's hamster-wheel.
  • Deleted user 27 October 2019 09:27:15
    I had a go at the Halloween thing round my mate's the other day. The skulls are a fun mechanic.
  • crashVoodoo 27 Oct 2019 10:22:15 6,470 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    5H5JJ-KJ6HB-95JWW-BJTJJ-95FJW

1 key - valid till 10am CST today

Edited by crashVoodoo at 10:22:54 27-10-2019
  • TheMilkman 27 Oct 2019 10:30:37 595 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm struggling to finish 1 play through and absolutely loved the other games. I just recently rinsed BL1 and all its dlc so maybe I've burnt out on it.

That said I just feel like there are fundamental problems with this game. I think one of the main problems compared to the first two games is the sandbox. Even though the combat looks, sounds and feels better I just don't think it's as satisfying as the older games. I have great memories of one shotting hordes of zombies in Dr Ned with my shotty. That just doesn't happen here, even basic rank and file enemies take multiple shots to put down.

The insane length of the campaign doesn't help either. I'm not fussed about creating multiple characters and going through all that again. Especially when the last 5 hours was just following npcs to the end of a level. It's a Damn shame cos I rinsed every class in the previous games.

I've just realised I've become that guy who comes into a thread and shits on a game for no reason, so feel free to ignore all this. It's just I was really looking forward to this and so wanted to vent.
  • Deleted user 27 October 2019 10:33:21
    My mate's s shotgun (looks like a Doom Super Shotgun) was one banging plenty.
  • DrStrangelove 27 Oct 2019 16:05:24 14,693 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    adamasunder12 wrote:
    I had a go at the Halloween thing round my mate's the other day. The skulls are a fun mechanic.
    They are but there's a big issue with this event: afaik you can't opt out of it. There are people who just want to play normally and wish Bloody Harvest was purely optional like in BL2, and I can understand they're pissed off. Wouldn't be an issue if it was a one-week event, but it's six weeks. I honestly doubt I want to have it that long either, I'm tired of getting terror anointments already and after I've unlocked all the stuff from this event I'd probably prefer to opt out too. When it's over, BL3 is 12 weeks old and half of that was Bloody Harvest which just seems too much. But maybe they'll do a hotfix that allows you to opt out.

My mate's s shotgun (looks like a Doom Super Shotgun) was one banging plenty.
    If you're talking about the Hellwalker, that actual Doom Super Shotgun that does Doom death metal noises, yeah that's great. I was so lucky to get it with my Brawl Amara who's like playing Doom in the first place. Great fun.
  • DrStrangelove 27 Oct 2019 16:31:26 14,693 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    TheMilkman wrote:
    I've just realised I've become that guy who comes into a thread and shits on a game for no reason, so feel free to ignore all this. It's just I was really looking forward to this and so wanted to vent.
    Nah, those are fair points, BL3 certainly isn't perfect and certainly won't satisfy everyone. Campaign length clearly is an issue, it's great to have a lot of content if you're planning to spend a lot of time with the game, but the campaign does feel protracted especially considering the shallow narrative. Just when you think ok this has finally got to be it, it places you in another huge map. And then another huge map. And another one.

Another issue is that the real fun only starts mid- to late-game with a good build and good gear. Amara clicked early on with me, Zane somewhere in the middle at level 20, Moze only at level 28 when I unlocked the infinite ammo capstone skill that allowed me to go bonkers with rapid-fire sniper rifles. My first playthrough felt pretty grindy at times although that was in part my fault for playing it wrong. The more I'm playing the less of a problem this becomes, interestingly.

But I guess that's also down to what you want from a game. I don't like playing many different games anymore, I'm looking for one game that I can play over and over again. For most of this year that was BL2, now it's BL3. I guess in this regard it's exactly what I wanted from the sequel.
  • Deleted user 27 October 2019 16:42:52
    @DrStrangelove Yeah, The Hell walker. I remember now. I felt like I was clay pigeon shooting with those skulls.

6 weeks of Halloween? Absolute madness. Even if you start a new game you have to contend with the terror mechanics? Seems naive
  • DrStrangelove 27 Oct 2019 17:05:18 14,693 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    adamasunder12 wrote:
    6 weeks of Halloween? Absolute madness. Even if you start a new game you have to contend with the terror mechanics? Seems naive
    Yeah, unless you want to play only the part before entering Sanctuary, at which point it automatically starts. People are raging on the Gearbox forum about this already, I believe they'll fix this soon.
  • Huggybear 27 Oct 2019 18:27:27 1,632 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    adamasunder12 wrote:
    They are but there's a big issue with this event: afaik you can't opt out of it. There are people who just want to play normally and wish Bloody Harvest was purely optional like in BL2, and I can understand they're pissed off. Wouldn't be an issue if it was a one-week event, but it's six weeks.
    I just got the game on Thursday, and I find the skulls just annoying when all I really want to do is play through the story and level up. Makes the ammo economy worse as well.
  • crashVoodoo 27 Oct 2019 23:09:24 6,470 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Really? I like this mechanic but the biggest issue I have with it is any really good weapons I've pick up are going to have pointless anointments on them when the event is over
  • Daeltaja 27 Oct 2019 23:18:42 1,747 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Not mad on the skulls either tbh. The mechanic just does not suit the melee/shotgun playstyle I have as they spawn on top of me and I have to constantly back off. In most cases I get hit by them as I don't have enough lead time on them and shotgun reloads... Bleh.

Heck is a cool design, and the boss fight is fun. Not arsed with grinding the cosmetics tho, since I never see my character in 3rd person?? Random thought, would be cool if the game had armour pieces with stats. I know it's all about the guns but they get the looting side of the game so right that it's success would likely extend to armour.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.