Borderlands 3 Page 29

• Daeltaja 28 Oct 2019 17:09:29 1,747 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Great game, up to level 22. Really love the job they did with the settings and aesthetics. Great move to take the game out of Pandora. Gunplay is really tight and fun, and the music deserves special praise. Having a blast!
  • MrAGSystems 28 Oct 2019 22:14:30 255 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    How's this on PS4 Pro these days? Have they locked it to 60fps or introduced a cap for 30?
  • Deleted user 28 October 2019 22:16:30
    Think it has both performance and resolution modes. Though last I read the performance mode was anything but.
  • crashVoodoo 29 Oct 2019 20:50:41 6,470 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    K9w3t-bjz59-b9shb-6b3jt-t9cff

Halloween heads
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 29 Oct 2019 23:48:01 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I have a level 50 Moze now. I got the class mod for her that reduces her health to 1 but massively increases her shield capacity (considered essential for her best end-game builds).

Fucking hell...

I had deluded myself into thinking Zane was somehow viable in end-game, largely due to a decent TTK on Graveward. I was wrong. Moze's gap over him is frankly ridiculous. Shredifier as the main weapon, with basically infinite ammo as the clip refils as fast as I can empty it. Lyuda as the boss-burn gun and FFYL emergency button. Corrosive version of the Halloween shotgun for situational damage and some SMG I can barely remember in the fourth slot

She is a fucking juggernaut.
  • crashVoodoo 30 Oct 2019 08:38:13 6,470 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Hmmm, continue to level Zane or switch to my lvl 1 moze and play her instead?
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 30 Oct 2019 14:15:20 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @crashVoodoo Eh, you can have plenty of fun playing Zane. He has a versatile, technical playstyle and unless you plan to go hardcore in endgame, there's nothing wrong with him.

The problem is that if you do go hardcore into end-game, then it is a lot of work to push out big damage numbers and you can usually only manage them in short bursts. Moze, on the other hand, doesn't have all that much burst-damage, but with the right weapon you can get insane damage throughput by just holding down fire, never bothering with grenades, action skills or even reloading.

Of course, everything might get upended in patch anyway.
  • DrStrangelove 30 Oct 2019 21:20:32 14,693 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    K9w3t-bjz59-b9shb-6b3jt-t9cff

Halloween heads
    Just wanted to mention that this expires on 4 Nov. So everyone, make sure to unlock it soon or you probably won't be able to get these heads again.
  • DrStrangelove 1 Nov 2019 01:17:36 14,693 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    In keeping with Roguey's comments on good guys vs. bad guys in BL3 compared to "moral" ambiguity in BL2... I do miss how BL2 was basically wild west without morals. Some of the best fun was by doing horrible side missions being a horrible person, like Ellie's family feud questline, helping Dr. Zed with his insane/unethical experiments, murdering a radio host for using foul language to uphold morals, or murdering a video games reviewer for giving a game a too low score. This is just completely gone in BL3.

The closest it got--and I kinda appreciated it--was to kill Claptrap's pets after he declared they made him happier than he ever was. It's kind of a tired trope to make Claptrap suffer, but still it doesn't hurt (anyone besides Claptrap).

Speaking of which, I loved how BL2 generally replaced "kill" with "murder". That was part of its special charm. It's striking how BL3 never uses this word and never tells you to "murder" someone.

Ellie used to be a caricature and that's why I loved her. She's made more relateable in BL3. Tannis was batshit crazy with no morals whatsoever but now she's made somewhat aspie but still relateable.

Tannis is a good example: in BL3 she's awkward but she's aware and feels sorry that she's not good at saying things. She's a good person with social clumsiness. In BL1+2 she didn't care, she was cold and murderous as fuck (which was why I fell in love with her, my soul mate).

What's more, the laughs you got from Tannis weren't from her being crazy itself, they were from doing and saying and ordering things in her way. In BL3, the joke is that she says something about people with social lives, or that games are for stupid people, and that's it. What was a little snarky sideline in BL2 is the entire joke in BL3.

BL3 is also, not sure how to put it... more meta? It feels more like observing a somewhat crazy world than being part of a totally crazy one. Like when your character comments on something going on and says something in the lines of "that's just crazy", reinforcing that you're not actually part of the madness. BL2 was much dryer, everyone was mad (including your allies) but in the world of BL2 that was completely normal.
  • crashVoodoo 1 Nov 2019 07:24:29 6,470 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    KB5JT-BFRZ9-XTWZ5-93KJB-3RRFT 3 golden keys
  • crashVoodoo 1 Nov 2019 22:08:19 6,470 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    turns out that the bounties on sanctuary only appear if you have friends. I only have 2 friends on EGS and neither play BL3 :-/

anybody else playing on PC ?
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 1 Nov 2019 22:40:43 6,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @crashVoodoo Yep, EGS username is ppRogue1
  • DrStrangelove 1 Nov 2019 22:58:54 14,693 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I play on PC but I really don't like multiplayer games, sorry
  • crashVoodoo 2 Nov 2019 00:51:15 6,470 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    me neither but if you kill a rare spawn it appears in my game as a bounty and vice versa ... i don't wanna get social 0_o
  • DrStrangelove 2 Nov 2019 00:56:20 14,693 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    I have a level 50 Moze now. I got the class mod for her that reduces her health to 1 but massively increases her shield capacity (considered essential for her best end-game builds).

Fucking hell...

I had deluded myself into thinking Zane was somehow viable in end-game, largely due to a decent TTK on Graveward. I was wrong. Moze's gap over him is frankly ridiculous. Shredifier as the main weapon, with basically infinite ammo as the clip refils as fast as I can empty it. Lyuda as the boss-burn gun and FFYL emergency button. Corrosive version of the Halloween shotgun for situational damage and some SMG I can barely remember in the fourth slot

She is a fucking juggernaut.
    Yeah she was brutal already when I played her with regular gear, but now that I have that class mod too and a Lyuda and two Faisors (one fire, one cryo) it's just stupid.

1 health means a flat +50% gun damage with 3/3 in Desperate Measures, 7/5 Drowning in Brass means up to +84% gun damage again after three kills, then +10% gun damage for every kill from the Phalanx thing, then extra incendiary damage added on top, +50% incendiary damage, and on every crit my shield instantly starts recharging, and there's even more that increases gun damage. And of course I can just keep shooting with the craziest guns because infinite ammo. This is insane. Add an extra +27% sniper rifle damage from the mod, add the Overkill Guardian perk and... it's hardly worth listing it all, she just does 50 bazillion gun and crit damage.

I don't bother using Iron Bear at all anymore, not even for getting out of a hairy situation, because in the rare case that I go down I'm up again in a second anyway. Any boss is a matter of a few seconds (minus their immune phases), even Troy. I can see her being nerfed soon because it's just ridiculous.

Anyway, now that I've completed grinding the Bloody Harvest items, it's time for a new character. Elemental Amara this time.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 01:13:34 02-11-2019
  • DrStrangelove 2 Nov 2019 00:58:49 14,693 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    me neither but if you kill a rare spawn it appears in my game as a bounty and vice versa ... i don't wanna get social 0_o
    You mean, just by something happening in a friend's game?
  • crashVoodoo 2 Nov 2019 02:04:06 6,470 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @DrStrangelove yeah
  • crashVoodoo 2 Nov 2019 02:08:20 6,470 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    got a new found love for the atlas Q system ... its bloody powerful
  • DrStrangelove 2 Nov 2019 02:43:40 14,693 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @crashVoodoo alright, add me then. Username is peacemon
  • crashVoodoo 2 Nov 2019 03:17:11 6,470 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    added you both thanks
    if anybody else wants to add me - crashVoodoo
  • DrStrangelove 2 Nov 2019 03:43:33 14,693 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Hmm my friends list is still empty. Restarted EGS and it still is
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Nov 2019 05:03:23 25,081 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Got this yesterday (ps4) looking forward to starting, if I can ever get off Gears 😉
  • crashVoodoo 2 Nov 2019 09:57:50 6,470 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    Hmm my friends list is still empty. Restarted EGS and it still is
    i've sent another request - Rogueys worked
  • DrStrangelove 2 Nov 2019 10:30:10 14,693 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I have a theory, having "auto decline friend requests" on might not have helped. Sorry, sent you a request, hope it works now. Roguey is already in the list.
  • crashVoodoo 2 Nov 2019 12:09:44 6,470 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @DrStrangelove yeah, that'll do it everytime
    accepted, thanks i'll be sure to check the bounty board on sanctuary later
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Nov 2019 12:19:45 25,081 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    Is it crossplay ?
    I'm on ps4 DuffmanGlen ;)
  • Vortex808 2 Nov 2019 13:05:50 13,418 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    Is it crossplay ?
    I'm on ps4 DuffmanGlen ;)
    Booo. I had a good legendary gun from robthehermit to send on to you on xbone.
  • DUFFMAN5 2 Nov 2019 13:12:50 25,081 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Vortex808
    I forgot that mate. I'm sure I will get on Xbox, obviously not expecting you to save but thank you for the thought. What you doing at 14:00 today, fancy 50 waves of Horde 2.0 (sorry to hijack BLthread)
  • crashVoodoo 3 Nov 2019 12:48:10 6,470 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I farmed gigglemind last night for about 15 mins and dropped a frosty Night Hawkin. It is powerful as fuck! fl4k can down most things quickly but this is another level for me. The ttk is down to 2 bursts on shielded enemies so I literally ran through Heck/M2 quite a few times and didn't have to keep swapping to a shock weapon.

Still haven't dropped any if the seasonal legendaries yet though or seen rakkman so that weapon skin eludes me

Edited by crashVoodoo at 12:49:50 03-11-2019

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.