Borderlands 3 Page 30

• DrStrangelove 3 Nov 2019 14:12:10 14,693 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I've always been throwing surplus heads/skins away, but realised you can send them to your friends from your backpack. Are you guys interested in sending surplus skins around to each other?
  • DrStrangelove 3 Nov 2019 14:21:02 14,693 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Still haven't dropped any if the seasonal legendaries yet though or seen rakkman so that weapon skin eludes me
    For Rakkman, you can warp to Guts of Carnivora, leave the vehicle and when you're out look if the Rakksign is in the sky. If not, quit to main menu and repeat.
  • DUFFMAN5 3 Nov 2019 14:27:13 25,081 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Chaps, who is on PlayStation. The one time I don't go Xbox and no one save for FP is playing on my friends list!
  • crashVoodoo 3 Nov 2019 14:41:46 6,470 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @DrStrangelove Sure cos at the moment I'm just selling them.

Thanks about the rakkman tip, never thought to go the guts section, always tp'd to carnivora itself. Doh!

I discovered dinklebot last night as well. Was excited for the legendary that dropped except it was a 'loot a gram'. Had too Google wtf and it's a nod to dinklage/destiny 2 and the engram mechanic.

Got a white rifle.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 14:48:34 03-11-2019
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 3 Nov 2019 15:05:09 6,800 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    DrStrangelove wrote:
    I've always been throwing surplus heads/skins away, but realised you can send them to your friends from your backpack. Are you guys interested in sending surplus skins around to each other?
    With all the hours I've spent farming Graveward, I think I'm good, thanks...

Also, is it just me, or are all the top-end guns in this BL2 holdovers? If I look at the stuff that puts out top end damage, there's the Lyuda, Conference Call, Butcher and (on Moze) Shreddifier. None of the new-for-BL3 guns seem to be even close to those.
  • hedben2013 3 Nov 2019 15:31:55 1,248 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Are the seasonal legendaries time-limited? I've dropped off this and even coming back I've got a way to go before lv50, but I'm hoping I can just sort of pick up where I left off without missing out on much.
  • DrStrangelove 3 Nov 2019 15:36:59 14,693 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    @DrStrangelove Sure cos at the moment I'm just selling them.
    Alright, I think I just got one. I'll send it and if you've got it already too, just throw it away/sell it/whatever.

I discovered dinklebot last night as well. Was excited for the legendary that dropped except it was a 'loot a gram'. Had too Google wtf and it's a nod to dinklage/destiny 2 and the engram mechanic.

Got a white rifle.
    Heh yes that irritated me too the first time. Didn't know it was a parody as I haven't played Destiny 2 that far. Today I got an actual legendary for it though.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 3 Nov 2019 16:13:00 6,800 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @hedben2013 Yes, they're time limited. But they're not top-tier stuff, either. They're all good, but none of them are top-tier.
  • hedben2013 3 Nov 2019 16:25:12 1,248 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Rogueywon thanks, guess I'll take the hit and try to just finish the main campaign and get Zane to 50 before the next seasonal thing (Christmas?!) comes along
  • gamecat 3 Nov 2019 16:38:26 899 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Takedown at Maliwan's Blacksite, Nov 21st. First raid boss, new enemies new loot, specifically shields.

I'm probably not playing till then, the ghost business was just annoying after the first time, and no option to turn it off.
  • crashVoodoo 3 Nov 2019 17:07:17 6,470 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I'll miss the ghost stuff cos I've actually enjoyed it. I've equipped quite a bit of gear that has good buffs when terrified so I just ignore the ghosts and let them hit me.
  • Fontenot5 5 Nov 2019 10:28:13 1 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 3 weeks ago
    Borderlands is a series of action role-playing first-person shooter video games in a space western science fantasy setting, created by Gearbox Software and published by 2K Games for multiple platforms.
  • DrStrangelove 5 Nov 2019 10:45:06 14,693 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @Fontenot5

Now it makes sense actually. Thanks for pointing that out!
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Nov 2019 10:46:50 25,081 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Chaps how do I visit my ship ? I'm only level 5 with a few missions done, does it unlock during a specific mission ?

Also on the Skills page, there is a Action Skill box with Augment and Element skills, where do I find (augment) and change.

Really enjoying the game, went with Siren. The humour is good like the previous games.
  • Vortex808 5 Nov 2019 11:22:54 13,418 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You'll get there in due course duff. Keep following the main quest and you'll get there in a few missions.

Not long after the broadcast one if I remember rightly.
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Nov 2019 11:36:47 25,081 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Vortex808

Thank you mate.

P.s. Don't tell Gears I'm cheating on it. Although I'm still playing them 95% of my game time ;)
  • DrStrangelove 5 Nov 2019 12:05:47 14,693 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Chaps how do I visit my ship ? I'm only level 5 with a few missions done, does it unlock during a specific mission ?
    Yeah, getting there is part of the main storyline. Without side missions, I believe you'll get there at about level 7-8.

Also on the Skills page, there is a Action Skill box with Augment and Element skills, where do I find (augment) and change.
    They are unlocked by moving up the skill trees. Elements and augments are to the left and right of the main 3 columns of skills in each tree, you can tell them apart by their shapes. Once you unlock a new row in a skill tree (every 5 points invested in a single tree), the stuff left and right in that row is free to take.

The earliest possible moment to unlock the second row of a skill tree is at level 7, in the Mystical Assault tree that will unlock an augment, in the other two trees it will unlock an element.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 12:06:40 05-11-2019
  • DUFFMAN5 5 Nov 2019 12:07:22 25,081 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @DrStrangelove

Thank you :)
  • crashVoodoo 7 Nov 2019 19:03:16 6,470 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    On the back of my new love for the Atlas Q System I decided to trial other stuff I instead of mainlining through with the same type of weapons again.

Turns out a tediore shotgun that MIRVs on reload and then homes in on enemies is a thing of beauty. Literally one pump and throw. Multi coloured 'splosions later and I emerge victorious.
  • crashVoodoo 9 Nov 2019 10:36:47 6,470 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I see they've buffed the drop rate for the ghost juice. One run through eden 6 canopy start and I have enough for a heck run. Gonna finish this off tonight and get the last few haunt kills and rakkman. After that it's all up to RNGesus to give me the Halloween leg.

Side note. I've got myself a load of good terror gear that gives some good 50% dmg buffs and sweet cryo hex that applies terror on action skill end. Saving that for my Zane with his 2 skills.

Edited by crashVoodoo at 10:39:44 09-11-2019
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Nov 2019 17:22:03 6,800 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Pretty sure there's something odd going on with xp and drop rate multipliers in the Heck Hole. Enemies there give far less xp than you'd expect the same enemies at the same level to give in the "main" world. Guess that's probably because they didn't want new players to level up by just grinding Heck over and over.

But at the same time, the legendary drop rate seems really high there. I did a run on my level 16 Amara the other day and had 3 orange drops in one run (none of them a seasonal item). A second run at level 18 netted two oranges. Even by BL3's standard, that feels absurdly generous.
  • DrStrangelove 9 Nov 2019 22:46:05 14,693 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    @crashVoodoo

I hope I'm not flooding you with cosmetics? I was farming Graveward today for a specific item and he just throws them at you like it's nothing. Hope you can use some of them, tell me if it's too much.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Nov 2019 22:52:15 6,800 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I was getting some insane RNG tonight on Amara. Orange drops all over the show, most of them from loot ghosts.

Got a very nice level 19 phasor thingy.
  • DrStrangelove 9 Nov 2019 23:08:15 14,693 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    The Faisor is great, but I'd argue that it's best for Moze because of insane fire rate and huge magazine. I can basically just hold down the trigger almost all the time and I deal a ton of extra damage and fire damage thanks to skills and mods (my main Faisor is incendiary)... as if Moze wasn't OP enough with guns already, she also has massive fire damage bonuses too. It's insane.

Then again, I do wonder if there are many guns Moze isn't best with.
  • crashVoodoo 10 Nov 2019 01:25:22 6,470 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @DrStrangelove all good mate. a good few of them i didn't have, the rest were sold.

Finally got a seasonal leg and then floodgates opened. had about 7 shields and 5 or 6 grenades now. the nade is fucking awesome. got a roid version and if you score a direct hit on an enemy it lives up to its name.
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Nov 2019 05:54:19 25,081 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Any PS4 players fancy sending me some goodies (in game of course!) :)
  • crashVoodoo 10 Nov 2019 11:47:12 6,470 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    i was using the nade over and over last night and it seems to 'paint' the enemies in goop and then fire out loads more ghosts per stack of terror.

at max terror stacks it melting mobs. i love it.

just googled and there is a 'cloning' version as well which is apparently the best. I'm gonna far for that tonight
  • DrStrangelove 12 Nov 2019 20:27:15 14,693 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Approaching lvl 50 with my elemental Amara and holy crap, the higher I level up and the better I understand how she works (and what gear to use) she's devastating and almost immortal. Made me learn to treasure Maliwan and alien barrel weapons because she's so good with status effect damage. Ammo is never an issue. Can't wait to find an Antimatter Rifle (the alien-barrel Maliwan sniper) because that thing's great anyway but should be monstrous with this build. Radiation status effects last a whopping 16 seconds with 5 points in Anima. Hit an enemy triggering the status effect and go for a walk, they'll die. I'm beginning to see why this build is all the rage on the net.

Edited by DrStrangelove at 20:31:28 12-11-2019
  • crashVoodoo 13 Nov 2019 10:02:01 6,470 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    just googled and there is a 'cloning' version as well which is apparently the best. I'm gonna farm for that tonight
    Have the cloning version and it's stupid good. Google now says there is a vindicated version which is a merge of the cloning and roid variants.

Farm goes on....
  • Deleted user 13 November 2019 10:04:56
    Why the fuck is this terror mechanic still going?! It was pretty neat to begin with but now on the Endgame where so many enemies melt there are tons of stupid skulls flying around all the time.

Really stupid by gearbox there. And all because they obviously haven't come up with enough post game content.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.