Following New Game Pass additions Page 37

• Waffleaber 23 Mar 2020 10:25:26 769 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Battle Chef Brigade is one of those leaving on the 31st. If you haven't already checked it out it's a breezy puzzle/action hybrid with beautiful art and lots of charm that I've throughly enjoyed.
  • Theshape80 24 Mar 2020 08:13:14 284 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Is anyone elseís game pass on pc not working? Wanted to give bleeding edge a try but keep having to restart the app.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 24 Mar 2020 15:59:59 32,909 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Bleeding Edge seems like a bit of a clusterfuck. Even after doing the tutorials I still dont have the faintest fucking idea what's going on.
  • Malek86 24 Mar 2020 16:01:56 10,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @StarchildHypocrethes oh yeah, that was out today, right? Feels like nobody cared.

I'll give it a try, at least.
  • Theshape80 24 Mar 2020 17:00:39 284 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    So played a few games of bleeding edge. Early opinion - bleeding awful! Controls horribly on both Kb&M and controller.
  • Ror 24 Mar 2020 17:15:09 19,972 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Overbosh.
  • Darth_Flibble 25 Mar 2020 08:08:10 4,193 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    A friend who is really into overwatch and games like that, thinks BE is "cack"

Played some more of the new Ori game, had my first escape section and thankfully nothing like the tree level from the 1st game. The game does have some slight freezing on the VCR xbox one which can be annoying. Its beautiful looking game although it feels like Ori 1.5 at the minute
  • Malek86 25 Mar 2020 09:44:13 10,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I do think the game needs a lot of polish. I've had some 1-2 seconds freezes even on PC, installed on a SSD.

And yeah, it feels very much like Ori 1.5, and I hate that you still don't get a better option for fast travel. But I guess it's good enough.
  • MrFlay 25 Mar 2020 12:58:13 4,386 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Vampyr is pretty good. The combat is shit but I like the fact that every character is named and has some importance.
  • Sharz 25 Mar 2020 13:26:45 1,944 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It was odd for me, on the OneX it has hitches every so often and needed to reboot the console if it went into super slow mo. The PC on the otherhand utterly smashed it, instant loads, buttery smooth and not a single hitch.

Ok sure the PC is way more powerful than the xbox but this shouldnt be a demanding game from power point of view. The hitches must come from some technical detail which the PC overcame due to brute force. Maybe it shouldnt be 4k on the Xbox?

Anyway highly recommend Ori, but only on PC. The Xbox was just frustrating at times, just when go to do something tricky the game would hitch and buggers whole thing up.

Edited by Sharz at 13:27:42 25-03-2020
  • cov 25 Mar 2020 13:27:46 2,233 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I enjoyed it, good world, systems, character and story. Conbqt was very average but didnt mind too much
  • Malek86 25 Mar 2020 13:54:00 10,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Sharz on my SATA SSD, the initial loading is pretty slow, and I still get rare hitches (very short, but you can feel it when they happen). But it might be the CPU. What kind of hardware do you have?
  • Dave_McCoy 25 Mar 2020 20:43:05 3,258 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:
    Vampyr is pretty good. The combat is shit but I like the fact that every character is named and has some importance.
    I think I have finally had enough of that. Since I was trying to do a 'no bite' playthrough I am now starting to get battered by the enemies. They are about 7-8 levels above me now. I was going to power through before it left Game Pass but realised I'm finding it boring. Shame, as the story and setting had me at first.
  • DUFFMAN5 26 Mar 2020 03:06:20 25,703 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Dave_McCoy
    The final confrontation/s in this and A Plague take really pissed me off. Up until that point had lots of fun (I killed everyone I could in Vamp) but both soured the experience.
  • Derblington 26 Mar 2020 07:10:18 32,923 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Dave_McCoy wrote:
    MrFlay wrote:
    I think I have finally had enough of that. Since I was trying to do a 'no bite' playthrough I am now starting to get battered by the enemies. They are about 7-8 levels above me now. I was going to power through before it left Game Pass but realised I'm finding it boring. Shame, as the story and setting had me at first.
    Iíve only played a small amount of Vampyr but that sounds like your self-imposed rules (I realize itís a choice that is supported by the game) have made it too difficult. Why not just start biting people and finding the fun again?
  • Dazimus 26 Mar 2020 07:27:50 1,244 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Derblington That's what I was thinking too. Might as well finish the story off at least.
  • Malek86 26 Mar 2020 08:56:06 10,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm at an impasse in Ori... finished the dark area wisp, now the water and ice areas are left, but I can't find a way to proceed in either of them. In the water area, I've got to a point where some stones drop on you, and I'm not fast enough to pass through (did I miss some water-dashing upgrade?). In the ice area, I got to a bit where it says "bash the light shafts", except there is nothing there.

Maybe the triple jump lets me sequence break a bit too much, but this game is pretty bad at telling you where to go next.

Edited by Malek86 at 08:56:19 26-03-2020
  • Frogofdoom 26 Mar 2020 09:33:55 16,223 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    There is a water dash which will help. Also I dont think there is anything in the ice area that should block you, maybe check a walkthrough to get you on track.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 09:35:31 26-03-2020
  • Malek86 26 Mar 2020 10:16:39 10,025 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Frogofdoom yeah, I managed to get through. I had to destroy a spore thing to get it to blow bubbles.

I still don't think I'm doing things right, because sometimes I just take damage to get past some spikes. Between the triple jump and the enemy grapple, going where you aren't supposed to is a bit too easy.
  • Dave_McCoy 26 Mar 2020 10:45:04 3,258 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    Iíve only played a small amount of Vampyr but that sounds like your self-imposed rules (I realize itís a choice that is supported by the game) have made it too difficult. Why not just start biting people and finding the fun again?
    True. I could start biting. The game does even say at the beginning that it will get difficult if you don't. I think I have fallen out a bit with the story as well by Act 4. I have a few days to mull it over I guess but the completionist in my wants to heal everyone too. Fast travel would really help there. (Unless I'm missing it!)

Edited by Dave_McCoy at 10:45:20 26-03-2020
  • Sharz 26 Mar 2020 10:52:07 1,944 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    @Sharz on my SATA SSD, the initial loading is pretty slow, and I still get rare hitches (very short, but you can feel it when they happen). But it might be the CPU. What kind of hardware do you have?
    I think Ori might be on a NVME just because couldnt be arsed to move 'windows apps' around drives. Most games are on SSD though. Ryzen 3600 CPU but only set on auto, which puts it usually around 4.1ghz.

If you seriously need a nvme for no hitches then frankly they need to sort out their streaming tech.

Edited by Sharz at 10:59:22 26-03-2020
  • Sharz 26 Mar 2020 10:53:29 1,944 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    I'm at an impasse in Ori... finished the dark area wisp, now the water and ice areas are left, but I can't find a way to proceed in either of them. In the water area, I've got to a point where some stones drop on you, and I'm not fast enough to pass through (did I miss some water-dashing upgrade?). In the ice area, I got to a bit where it says "bash the light shafts", except there is nothing there.

Maybe the triple jump lets me sequence break a bit too much, but this game is pretty bad at telling you where to go next.
    The key is to buy the maps and look at what areas have a 'gap' that might lead to another area. I had few times when wasnt sure where to go and literally missed 1 area that opened up loads.
  • ChiefGB 26 Mar 2020 11:05:21 12,402 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dave_McCoy wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    True. I could start biting. The game does even say at the beginning that it will get difficult if you don't. I think I have fallen out a bit with the story as well by Act 4. I have a few days to mull it over I guess but the completionist in my wants to heal everyone too. Fast travel would really help there. (Unless I'm missing it!)
    In fairness Iíd probably have the same issue, I started it for 10 mins the other night but was just too tired for it.
  • Darth_Flibble 27 Mar 2020 16:23:06 4,193 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Its really bad at it, I know they want this open world but you can get to area and have no idea that you need a new ability to get further when you have 3 wisps to get.

I actually went back to the 1st game (non definitive edition and its brutal after playing this one)
  • StixxUK 28 Mar 2020 18:13:19 8,296 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I'm actually really enjoying Ori so far. Beautiful graphics and music.

I didn't play the first one so no idea if these were all things that were in the first one but there are a lot of similarities with Hollow Knight... which I'm not complaining about.
  • Darth_Flibble 28 Mar 2020 20:22:00 4,193 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Its getting patch next week to fix a load of stuff but they are making to the warp points a upgrade

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.