Following New Game Pass additions Page 49

• Darth_Flibble 10 Jun 2020 17:56:59 4,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

they are just waiting for you to buy Greedfall, then they will put it on there ;)
  • Darth_Flibble 10 Jun 2020 17:59:07 4,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Vortex808 wrote:
    I had that on Amiga (I think). Never got very far, since every battle seemed to kick my arse.

No online guides then s to where to go and how to grind/class combos etc.

The little I did get to do ws ok though, but I do not plan on going near it again!
    they one might of been the other bards tale games (which are on gamepass already iirc)

this one is
    https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/The_Bard%27s_Tale_(2004_video_game)
  • Nitrous 10 Jun 2020 18:00:04 2,023 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Not great for me either as the games don't appeal to me.
    Did the ultimate thing for £1 with a new sub last year but I doubt I will renew again not before the next Xbox comes along if I decide to purchase one.
  • kentmonkey 10 Jun 2020 18:07:17 23,564 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Nitrous as good value as it is, I let mine lapse in last month.

I found that I wasn't really enjoying gaming anymore. Because I had the sub I felt like I had to justify having it by playing games from the service and, the majority, just weren't all that great. Mostly 6-7/10s.

Now it's going I feel freed up to play what I want when I want.

I realise this is more about me than the service, and I'd recommend gamepass to anyone, but it's just not for me. I'd rather play the games in my collection (that I've obviously thought highly enough of to buy in the first place) than feel like I have to play games from a sub.
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Jun 2020 18:16:51 25,868 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @kentmonkey
    I have it until late 2021 but I totally get what you are saying. I have said on here many times over the years that I enjoy gaming more when I stick to 1 or 2 games (at most) at a time, at least until I complete or sack off.
    In my "gaming/Guitar/Gears of war" room I have my ps3,4,360 and xb1x all connected to my tv...I spend most of my time deciding what I want to play and then turning the systems off and then either listening to Radio 4, BBC Radio drama or Classic fm!
  • Phattso 10 Jun 2020 18:16:53 25,306 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    As a latecomer to the XBOX One party, I've lapped up Game Pass on the console (before it suicided itself) and on PC. Lots of mileage in them there exclusives, and the rest is gravy.

If I'd been in from the start, definitely diminishing returns there though for sure.
  • Nitrous 10 Jun 2020 18:18:31 2,023 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @kentmonkey Yeah I have to admit it was/is good value and I originally took it knowing I could play through the likes of Gears 5 and Forza Horizon 4 and a few others. Now I've done that I'm left with a choice of trying a game just because its available and some like you say are not that great and wouldn't have purchased normally anyway.
  • Darth_Flibble 10 Jun 2020 18:34:29 4,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    glad others are noticing the diminishing returns, SOR4 was nice to play, minecraft dungeons - only played because its on gamepass.

I have GP ultimate until next year due to cheap deals and combining live and gamepass
  • hedben2013 10 Jun 2020 18:41:24 1,551 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    kentmonkey wrote:
    @Nitrous as good value as it is, I let mine lapse in last month.

I found that I wasn't really enjoying gaming anymore. Because I had the sub I felt like I had to justify having it by playing games from the service and, the majority, just weren't all that great. Mostly 6-7/10s.

Now it's going I feel freed up to play what I want when I want.

I realise this is more about me than the service, and I'd recommend gamepass to anyone, but it's just not for me. I'd rather play the games in my collection (that I've obviously thought highly enough of to buy in the first place) than feel like I have to play games from a sub.
    1- this is pretty much exactly how I feel about Game Pass too, but
    2- I was already doing the whole "rotate 6 games at once and hardly ever finish any" *before* Game Pass.

So I'll probably try not renewing when it runs out for me in August. But if I just end up rotating through and abandoning my owned games instead, I'll consider a resub- so at least I have a wider choice of games to faff around with and then abandon.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 10 Jun 2020 18:46:29 8,695 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    If you have PC gamepass and haven't played Battletech, then for the love of god try it. It'd definitely be on my "top 5 games of the generation" list. I'm still puzzled and saddened by the lack of console ports of it - in control and UI terms, it would be no more difficult to port across than XCom was.

Battlefleet Gothic Armada 2 is decent as well, though not on the same kind of level.
  • StixxUK 10 Jun 2020 19:27:38 8,323 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I thought I was getting a great deal but to be honest if I added it all up I'm certain I've spent more on the subscription than the total cost of the games I've played.

I also would have missed out on a few which were just fun to bash through - Slay the Spire (ended up buying on Switch), Superhot, Streets of Rage 4, Wargroove, the Age of Empires remasters, Outer Worlds...
  • BigOrkWaaagh 10 Jun 2020 19:53:38 9,369 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    StixxUK wrote:
    I thought I was getting a great deal but to be honest if I added it all up I'm certain I've spent more on the subscription than the total cost of the games I've played.

I also would have missed out on a few which were just fun to bash through - Slay the Spire (ended up buying on Switch), Superhot, Streets of Rage 4, Wargroove, the Age of Empires remasters, Outer Worlds...
    Gears 5, Surge 2, Gears Tactics, Yakuza 0, Outer Worlds, Life is Strange 2, Wolfenstein Young blood, Streets of Rage 4 are games I definitely would have bought and they've cost me a quid. I've also played a bunch that I never would have paid for like Two Point Hospital and Deliver us the Moon. Even if I'd paid the proper price of £10.99 p/m I'd still be up.
  • JamboWayOh 10 Jun 2020 20:06:24 19,356 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah, I've saved sooooo much money with gamepass had I spent it on all the games I've played, even just to try something out and find something out and find it's not for me. It's changed how many games I've actually bought which has only been Resi 3 and Doom Eternal this year.
  • StarchildHypocrethes 10 Jun 2020 20:11:42 32,968 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Yeah, same here. My spending is way down and I've played a lot of decent stuff I probably wouldn't have shelled out for.
  • THFourteen 10 Jun 2020 20:17:46 53,685 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Only been on it a month, but liking it so far. Have completed gears 4 and act 3 of gears tactics. Played a good amount of Wasteland 2 before getting bogged down. Also tried a few other games, not got into yet properly but will do at some point, but if I donít, doesnít matter!

My only concern is Iím slow at games as I donít have much time. So if I started outer worlds tomorrow and it was taken off in a month Iíd probably not be able to finish it.
  • kentmonkey 10 Jun 2020 20:43:20 23,564 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I was on it for about 15 months. And I played some games I never would have and enjoyed (Journey to the Savage Planet, Slay the Spire, Deadcells, Mutant Year Zero, Bad North Jotun) so it was definitely worth the money. More than.

And as I say, would recommend it to anyone.

Diminishing returns is a great way to sum it up though. After about 6 months, I found that I'd played all I wanted but kept trying other things just because I felt like I needed to/should. All the while I had Forza Horizon, Dishonoured 2, Spiderman, God of War, etc. all sat in my collection not being played.

Only two I played in the last 3-4 months that I really enjoyed was Journey to the Savage Planet and Streets of Rage 4. Solid 8s.

It just frees my time up to play the games I've got, and do some other hobbies as well. Which just suits my lifestyle better.

Still a great service though.
  • MrFlay 10 Jun 2020 22:32:00 4,479 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I've been buying a lot less games due to Game Pass, I just wish they had launched it with the console because I already own so many games that many of the older games on it, I already own. I'm paying Ä12.99 a month and I think it's amazing value. I've played and enjoyed so many games I wouldn't have bothered with. I'm expecting some big announcements next month but I already have about 10 Game Pass games I'm progress or on my list.

My list right now is Kingdom Come: Deliverance, A Plague Tale: Innocence, Bad North, Hellblade, Lonely Mountains Downhill, Metro Exodus, Dead Cells, The Outer World's, Nier Automata, Yakuza 0, Forza Horizon 4, Gears 5, Hollow Knight, Life is Strange 2, The Surge 2, The Talos Principle, The Turing Test, Wolfenstein Young Blood, Yakuza Kiwami. That's a lot of money to buy all those even on sale. That doesn't include any games I own.

Edited by MrFlay at 22:32:46 10-06-2020
  • Darth_Flibble 15 Jun 2020 19:05:11 4,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    West of Dead is on gamepass on 18th
  • hedben2013 15 Jun 2020 19:18:19 1,551 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Quite into No Mans Sky so far, I didn't realise it had been added
  • Cadence 15 Jun 2020 19:45:13 2,481 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    hedben2013 wrote:
    Quite into No Mans Sky so far, I didn't realise it had been added
    Its surprisingly addictive isn't it! I'm enjoying it a lot more that I thought I would given all the negative press. I guess they really turned it around the past couple of years.
  • MrFlay 16 Jun 2020 01:09:57 4,479 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Metro Exodus and Life is Strange 2 are leaving at the end of the month. I wish Microsoft would stop adding Kingdom Hearts and Final Fantasy games and removing quality games like Metro Exodus, Doom and Wolfenstein.
  • TechnoHippy 16 Jun 2020 08:41:30 17,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    West of Dead is on gamepass on 18th
    That looks mildly interesting - will check it out.
  • Darth_Flibble 16 Jun 2020 16:28:21 4,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Steamworld dig 2 is a nice little game, worth a play before it leaves. Sure flame in the flood has left GP before
  • TechnoHippy 16 Jun 2020 16:40:28 17,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    Steamworld dig 2 is a nice little game, worth a play before it leaves. Sure flame in the flood has left GP before
    I second that - I enjoyed playing it.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 16 Jun 2020 16:49:35 9,369 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Tell Me Why, from Dontnod of Life is Strange fame is coming to Game Pass soon. I liked LiS 1 and 2, although 1 was better imo, so will definitely give it a go.
  • Darth_Flibble 18 Jun 2020 18:14:46 4,241 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Played some of The Bard tale ARPG and for ps2/xbox era game it looks fine and its not like an expensive remaster. Quite enjoying it as played a lot in the xbox original days
  • DUFFMAN5 18 Jun 2020 19:01:15 25,868 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Darth_Flibble
    I played one of those on the original xbox, is it un update of that? Was it real time? I remember fighting some big rats in an Inn cellar

EDIT, just downloaded it, it is that one.

Edited by DUFFMAN5 at 19:25:07 18-06-2020
  • ChiefGB 18 Jun 2020 19:19:01 12,492 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Started exodus earlier.
    Itís just not very interesting is it? Boring characters prattling on like Iím supposed to give a shit, only I donít (and Iíve played the others) itís not terrible but I struggle to see how these games get praised so highly.
    Then thereís the gameplay, it just feels too sluggish at 30fps and Iím assuming I was supposed to be pulled in by the set piece style of the train battle, only I wasnít, just frustrated by a lack of accuracy in the shooting.

I have just left the train for the first time so itís possible itís about to get better, but Iím not convinced. Itís gone off for now.

Maybe being pressured to finally try it before it leaves isnít the best way to start.
  • DUFFMAN5 18 Jun 2020 19:24:26 25,868 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @ChiefGB
    I really enjoyed it, and the trilogy in general. As you say maybe because you are being "forced" to play?
  • Frogofdoom 18 Jun 2020 19:29:05 16,433 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @ChiefGB I didnt love it either. I always love the atmosphere in metro games but they play like shit.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.