Following New Game Pass additions Page 50

• Darth_Flibble 19 Jun 2020 16:45:39 4,241 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    While FFX is not on gamepass yet, got it on ps4 as its a game wanted to play since it was released and it does not hold up. It needs some of the quality of life improvements the other remasters got. Might try ff-x2 as instead

DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @Darth_Flibble
    I played one of those on the original xbox, is it un update of that? Was it real time? I remember fighting some big rats in an Inn cellar

EDIT, just downloaded it, it is that one.
    the forest tower level is so boring, forgot how dull that bit was
  • TechnoHippy 19 Jun 2020 17:30:18 17,316 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Just played a couple of the new addition s. West of Dead is a fun setting, good art style and voice over from Ron Perlman - I so want to like it, but just haven't connected with the controls. They just feel clunky and disjointed. I'll give it another try sometime as I want to like it.

I also tried the Bard's Tale ARPG, it feels like a lazy port and for some reason I can't seem to damage the giant rat (pretty much the first enemy), so not sure what's going on there and I can't progress.
  • Darth_Flibble 19 Jun 2020 17:48:48 4,241 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    I also tried the Bard's Tale ARPG, it feels like a lazy port and for some reason I can't seem to damage the giant rat (pretty much the first enemy), so not sure what's going on there and I can't progress.
    you can't use the sword, you have to use the summon
  • DUFFMAN5 19 Jun 2020 17:57:39 25,868 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    While FFX is not on gamepass yet, got it on ps4 as its a game wanted to play since it was released and it does not hold up. It needs some of the quality of life improvements the other remasters got. Might try ff-x2 as instead

DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    @Darth_Flibble
    I played one of those on the original xbox, is it un update of that? Was it real time? I remember fighting some big rats in an Inn cellar

EDIT, just downloaded it, it is that one.
    the forest tower level is so boring, forgot how dull that bit was
    I have decided not to play, too many games too little time.
  • TechnoHippy 19 Jun 2020 18:01:53 17,316 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    you can't use the sword, you have to use the summon
    Ah - thanks.
  • richardiox 19 Jun 2020 18:35:36 8,631 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Witcher Tales: Thronebreaker is up
  • Darth_Flibble 20 Jun 2020 10:40:38 4,241 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Thought I would play a bit of metro exodus before it leaves, started the Caspian level from chapter select and it crashes all the time now. I had no issues last year when I had it on disc, guessing when they added the 20 gig to the install, they broke it.
  • MrFlay 20 Jun 2020 22:35:35 4,479 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Thought I would finish Metro Exodus before it left Game Pass. I really dislike it. It looks lovely but the gunplay is really shit. The weapons all feel like toys. They don't sound or feel right. It's hard to play a game like this after Destiny which absolutely nails the shooty bit. Enemies respawn and mutant don't drop any materials. Ammo is scarce so that's irritating. Movement is really sluggish too. It's just a very annoying game to play and I'm very glad I didn't spend any money on it.
  • Dave_McCoy 21 Jun 2020 12:47:59 3,271 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Everything that I put on my 'Play Soon' pile seems to be the next game to go. Like a curse. I did want to play Exodus so I better get on it! Probably since I'm so late to GP of course.
  • Fourwisemen 21 Jun 2020 18:06:45 902 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:
    Thought I would finish Metro Exodus before it left Game Pass. I really dislike it. It looks lovely but the gunplay is really shit. The weapons all feel like toys. They don't sound or feel right. It's hard to play a game like this after Destiny which absolutely nails the shooty bit. Enemies respawn and mutant don't drop any materials. Ammo is scarce so that's irritating. Movement is really sluggish too. It's just a very annoying game to play and I'm very glad I didn't spend any money on it.
    I tried to get into it, it does look lovely, but just found it annoying. Deleted..
  • TechnoHippy 21 Jun 2020 18:16:33 17,316 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Personally I liked it - not as much as the previous games, the semi open world didn't work all that well.
  • Malek86 21 Jun 2020 18:44:10 10,093 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I liked Metro Exodus, but I also thought the two open chapters were kind annoying.
  • Vortex808 21 Jun 2020 20:05:54 13,799 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Shite. Is exodus going? I added it ages ago and had even gone through last light in prep, then could never be arsed to start it.

Do games come back?

Better get going again with the outer worlds, but i'm kind of addicted to cod warzone when i cba to play games.
  • Vortex808 21 Jun 2020 20:07:11 13,799 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    BigOrkWaaagh wrote:
    Tell Me Why, from Dontnod of Life is Strange fame is coming to Game Pass soon. I liked LiS 1 and 2, although 1 was better imo, so will definitely give it a go.
    I'll need to look into that. Love all the LiS games.
  • Darth_Flibble 21 Jun 2020 22:14:07 4,241 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I liked exodus pretty much - the chapter loading crashing I'm getting from my save from last year was annoying. The sandbox levels are not a good idea, metro games work better as linear levels

Vortex808 wrote:
    Shite. Is exodus going? I added it ages ago and had even gone through last light in prep, then could never be arsed to start it.

Do games come back?
    some times but its not often
  • General_Martok 21 Jun 2020 22:54:37 1,236 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I started to play hellblade a few days ago. Sound and atmosphere are great. Even the combat is when I get to use it. However I have no idea how much damage I'm doing to enemies and the fucking runes! The fucking runes!

I think flawed genius is apt for this game but I don't think I can stick out much longer, too much what the fuck.
  • imamazed 22 Jun 2020 10:16:01 6,416 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    General_Martok wrote:
    I started to play hellblade a few days ago. Sound and atmosphere are great. Even the combat is when I get to use it. However I have no idea how much damage I'm doing to enemies and the fucking runes! The fucking runes!

I think flawed genius is apt for this game but I don't think I can stick out much longer, too much what the fuck.
    Hmmm, I can see that. But, I don't think it's helpful in the game to think of 'damage' like that. You just get used to what types of attacks and how many kill each type of enemy. For the basic enemy, IIRC, you basically need to do 2 sets of light attack combos, or 1 set followed by a heavy attack. Others enemies can take a little more and/or require dodging.

The combat isn't exactly revolutionary in the game, but it works.
  • triarii 22 Jun 2020 10:59:27 421 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I also panic-started Exodus. I'm quite enjoying it, but you're all correct, the open world levels (especially Caspian) are too big. Having said that, I had a great "sweaty palms" moment while stalking through a wrecked building, at night, NVGs on, following one of those mutant humans, I started shooting at him with my Kalash, after about 2 rounds and while he was charging me, the rifle jammed because it was so dirty! So I turned and legged it out of the building with him & all his mates chasing me. Good fun.
  • Vortex808 22 Jun 2020 11:27:27 13,799 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Darth_Flibble wrote:

Vortex808 wrote:
    Do games come back?
    some times but its not often
    Thanks, I will probably delete it for now then.

Shame, I had wanted to play it, but got a massive 'can't be arsed playing games' ennui over the winter, when I would have usually worked through it.

Ah well, maybe some other time.
  • nickthegun 22 Jun 2020 11:36:50 81,772 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You honestly arent missing much. The survival elements are a pain in the arse and the dialogue/VA is just atrocious. I gave it about six or seven hours before I just couldnt be arsed with it because its so fucking boring.
  • Vortex808 22 Jun 2020 11:51:20 13,799 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    :-D

I admit that reading comments like that didn't make me any keener to try it during my games inertia!
  • Darth_Flibble 22 Jun 2020 13:00:32 4,241 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Playing it on easy and the survival elements are not a problem at all. The english voice acting is still not good, playing it Russian is the best way to play it. I don't think the sandbox levels were good, metro games work better as linear levels. They could of done something new without rehashing the other 2 games
  • Theshape80 22 Jun 2020 13:17:09 289 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Typical. Started playing shadow tactics on pc as Iíve heard good things on desperados 3 and wanted to try this first. Now Iíve just realised itís leaving game pass soon.
  • MrFlay 22 Jun 2020 15:34:27 4,479 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    You honestly arent missing much. The survival elements are a pain in the arse and the dialogue/VA is just atrocious. I gave it about six or seven hours before I just couldnt be arsed with it because its so fucking boring.
    I would have enjoyed it far more without the pointless crafting and scavenging for junk. I could have dealt with that but the respawning enemies and ammo/resource scarcity ruined it for me.

Edited by MrFlay at 15:34:44 22-06-2020
  • robthehermit 23 Jun 2020 13:19:15 7,741 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Cities: Skylines Green Cities dlc is free for the next 3 days (usually £10.39)
  • IRWATWO 23 Jun 2020 14:05:27 702 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    Cities: Skylines Green Cities dlc is free for the next 3 days (usually £10.39)
    Getting it now, thanks for highlighting that rob, I haven't started Cities yet, much appreciated.
  • MrFlay 23 Jun 2020 14:38:24 4,479 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I found Cities impenetrable. Is the tutorial as bad as I remember?
  • AccidentProne 23 Jun 2020 18:28:47 1,372 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Thanks for the heads up on the Cities DLC, I'd have missed that otherwise.

I didn't find the tutorial too bad, certainly better than most Paradox games. I've only played since it's been on Game Pass, so might have improved after release?
  • Darth_Flibble 24 Jun 2020 12:30:09 4,241 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Nightcall for xbox is now on gamepass, heard mixed things when it was released on PC
  • TechnoHippy 24 Jun 2020 13:17:27 17,316 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Sounds like an interesting idea, reviews don't look great, but worth a look.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.