New Game Pass additions Page 6

• Nitrous 12 Jun 2019 07:24:32 1,808 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Fourwisemen

I'd let your membership end. Chances are they will do this deal again to suck you back in eventually.
  • kentmonkey 12 Jun 2019 10:08:57 23,066 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Very tempted to do this but:

a) I can only order from Amazon at the moment, and that's not exactly cheap XBOX Gold

b) I'm still concerned, due to the T&C wording, that once you've gone Ultimate you might not be able to go back to standard again. The wording is unclear, and it probably means until your subscription ends, but it doesn't state that and HP do something similar where they won't let you go back to a freebie once you've gone for a higher plan. It's slightly different, but it wouldn't surprise me, and I don't want to get stuck paying 12 a month further down the line.

However, also sure that they'll bin off Gamepass and Gold only options soon, and on XBOX at least, only Ultimate will be available come 'next gen'.
  • robthehermit 12 Jun 2019 11:00:51 7,412 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @kentmonkey Amazon might not be cheap but prices have been creeping up everywhere since the increase from MS. The sudden rush on Gold following the Ultimate conversion probably hasn't helped either. CDKeys are currently charging 42 vs Amazons 50, so it's only a difference of 75p per month. As for going back to standard gold, I can't imagine that you wouldn't be able to not just have gold once your ultimate subscription ends, I think (hope) they're just saying that you can't revert while the subscription is active. As for being stuck paying whatever the Ultimate sub costs in a couple of years, I've no doubt that there will be sub cards available at a discounted price from the usual places.

Edited by robthehermit at 11:01:29 12-06-2019
  • TheSaint 12 Jun 2019 11:16:31 18,650 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah my thinking is that'll be a problem for 2022 me. In the meantime, I don't need to worry about live or gamepass for the next few years,
  • robthehermit 12 Jun 2019 16:39:18 7,412 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Phoenix Point from X-Com creator Julian Gollop is coming to Game Pass in September apparently.
  • MrMumtaz 13 Jun 2019 09:32:00 1,176 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    If I do the home Xbox sharing thing with a mate, and he lets his Gold & Gamepass lapse, will he still be able to access those services through my Ultimate sub?
  • robthehermit 13 Jun 2019 11:23:08 7,412 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Games Leaving Xbox Game Pass for Console on June 30th

Devil May Cry 4 Special Edition
    Shadow Complex Remastered
    Ultimate Marvel vs. Capcom 3
    Zombie Army Trilogy

Games Leaving Xbox Game Pass for Console on June 27th

Next Up Hero
  • tenofspades 14 Jun 2019 08:20:00 1,774 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Noo I've not yet completed Shadow Complex
  • richardiox 14 Jun 2019 08:43:33 7,740 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    tenofspades wrote:
    Noo I've not yet completed Shadow Complex
    You've got 16 days, get it rinsed. Great game.
  • tonyferrino 14 Jun 2019 11:09:42 318 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah it's not a long game. Well worth the playthrough though.
  • robthehermit 14 Jun 2019 11:15:05 7,412 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    TrueAchievements are reporting that Dying Light, Torment: Tides of Numenera and Die for Valhalla! are all coming to Game Pass next month.
  • General_Martok 14 Jun 2019 11:20:53 809 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Does anyone know if my save game will from the xbox will be used for Ori and the blind forest on my PC?

I'm not sure it's a "play anywhere" game but I'm wondering if the ultimate game pass adds this functionality?
  • Malek86 14 Jun 2019 13:05:44 8,578 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Supermarket Shriek is overall much more fun than I was expecting, even if those screams tend to haunt you for a while after you stop playing.

It might just be my sleeper surprise of 2019.
  • waggy79 14 Jun 2019 18:51:24 1,996 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    General_Martok wrote:
    Does anyone know if my save game will from the xbox will be used for Ori and the blind forest on my PC?

I'm not sure it's a "play anywhere" game but I'm wondering if the ultimate game pass adds this functionality?
    verviewtab" rel="nofollow" target="_blank">https://www.microsoft.com/en-gb/p/ori-and-the-blind-forest-definitive-edition/9nblggh1z6fb?activetab=pivot:overviewtab

Says here that it has cross save between xb1/pc.
  • Darth_Flibble 14 Jun 2019 20:14:04 3,520 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    It looks like three more games are heading to Xbox Game Pass for Console, presumably in July. We've just picked up three games that haven't been mentioned before in among the Xbox Game Pass list announced last week. There's no date attached, but it's the right time of the month to be announcing Game Pass titles for the following month, especially as we just found out about the Xbox Game Pass games leaving soon.

Here's what popped up on our radar:
    Torment: Tides of Numenera
    Die for Valhalla!
    Dying Light
    https://www.trueachievements.com/n38130/xbox-game-pass-list-july-2019
  • Malek86 15 Jun 2019 06:29:55 8,578 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Not my cup of tea, but I already have a lot on my plate anyway.
  • Vortex808 15 Jun 2019 14:17:19 13,268 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Finally cracking on with LiS2.

Bought the first ep, but the second will be thanks to game pass.
  • AaronTurner 15 Jun 2019 17:44:00 11,057 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I am so impressed with the pc game pass that I'm hovering over purchasing a new Xbox and getting the ultimate deal. They've genuinely reignited excitement in the brand.
  • richardiox 15 Jun 2019 17:48:41 7,740 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    I am so impressed with the pc game pass that I'm hovering over purchasing a new Xbox and getting the ultimate deal. They've genuinely reignited excitement in the brand.
    Get an X, do the Ultimate trick (free Gamepass with basic gold sub basically), enjoy. The Gamepass library on Xbox is pretty impressive, you won't really need to "buy" any software for it.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 15 Jun 2019 18:02:09 8,774 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    X's are cheap on eBay today with their 10% off code!
  • AaronTurner 15 Jun 2019 18:30:41 11,057 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Get an X, do the Ultimate trick (free Gamepass with basic gold sub basically), enjoy. The Gamepass library on Xbox is pretty impressive, you won't really need to "buy" any software for it.
    Think I might just pick up one of those digital ones instead since the new console is only a year or so away.
  • Spectral 15 Jun 2019 18:53:10 6,278 posts
    Seen 22 seconds ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    I'm in the same boat. Been looking at a One S. I think I'm going to wait and see if Amazon have any deals on them in this years prime day before biting though. I think its only a month or so off and theres plenty on the PC pass for now.
  • magicpanda 16 Jun 2019 10:45:46 14,870 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    It's actually put me off. I've been playing a few games with PC/Xbox cross play and a lot Sea of Thieves with Xbox players and the general community is utterly fucking unbearable.
  • FatSternKikwi 16 Jun 2019 10:57:17 1,702 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Really tempted to buy an xbox just to get the pass. Such a good selection of games coming up.
  • TechnoHippy 16 Jun 2019 11:13:39 15,275 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I combined to get the ultimate pass - I do like game pass as it allows me to try games I wouldn't normally look at. It does mean that I download and uninstall a lot though :-)
  • Malek86 16 Jun 2019 15:03:01 8,578 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I got another 3 months of GP Ultimate for 17 euro, thanks to an Amazon deal. Not as good a deal as the whole gold conversion thing, but I'm afraid I missed on that one. And I only needed this much time to play Gears 5 and perhaps Outer Worlds, anyway.
  • AaronTurner 16 Jun 2019 15:40:18 11,057 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    It's actually put me off. I've been playing a few games with PC/Xbox cross play and a lot Sea of Thieves with Xbox players and the general community is utterly fucking unbearable.
    You think the Xbox community is more unbearable than any other large platform? I mean I imagine that there are a lot of toxic people on Xbox live but I doubt it's any worse than anywhere else.
  • AaronTurner 16 Jun 2019 15:41:56 11,057 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    I got another 3 months of GP Ultimate for 17 euro, thanks to an Amazon deal. Not as good a deal as the whole gold conversion thing, but I'm afraid I missed on that one. And I only needed this much time to play Gears 5 and perhaps Outer Worlds, anyway.
    I did that and the code only added on 1 month. Going to have to go through the pain of speaking to customer service, Amazon already apologised and sent me a new code, except the new code is complete bollocks.
  • robthehermit 18 Jun 2019 11:48:13 7,412 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dead Island Definitive Edition is leaving on the 30th.
  • magicpanda 18 Jun 2019 14:24:06 14,870 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    magicpanda wrote:
    AaronTurner wrote:
    You think the Xbox community is more unbearable than any other large platform? I mean I imagine that there are a lot of toxic people on Xbox live but I doubt it's any worse than anywhere else.
    Yeah absolutely based on experience of PC, PS4 and Nintendo. I started playing Sea of Thieves not realising it was crossplay and it was like a slap to the face, unlike anything I've played in 3 decades. Sea of Cunts, great game but I had to mute everyone.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.