Following New Game Pass additions Page 54

• QBX 26 Jul 2020 12:32:27 174 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Just racked up another 5 via Gamepass logins and quests. That is 20 this year. MS should get more credit for this perk.
    Been doing this religiously myself. For anyone interested, aside from the GP quests points can be earned from the rewards app hidden away on the Xbox (it's a bit buggy) and online if you Google MS rewards.

I'm also making my way to the 20 milestone so the points do mount up.
  • waggy79 26 Jul 2020 13:42:04 2,295 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Seems a shame people arent seeing Carrion through to the end as it has quite an interesting ending.
  • THFourteen 26 Jul 2020 13:43:28 53,824 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    YouTube it
  • waggy79 26 Jul 2020 13:47:56 2,295 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah Youtubing is fine and all, you just dont get the sense of progression, seeing the thing evolve.
  • richarddavies 26 Jul 2020 13:55:02 7,763 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    QBX wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Just racked up another 5 via Gamepass logins and quests. That is 20 this year. MS should get more credit for this perk.
    Been doing this religiously myself. For anyone interested, aside from the GP quests points can be earned from the rewards app hidden away on the Xbox (it's a bit buggy) and online if you Google MS rewards.

I'll be honest, the website/apps put me off it a bit. Not sure if it's on purpose or not, but they're fucking dreadful to navigate. Like appallingly bad.
  • MrMumtaz 27 Jul 2020 14:04:22 1,180 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    QBX wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:

Also got into rewards spamming recently after they gave me 5000 points for buying RE3 (I gameshare so was a win win for my 50%)

Good tip is to add alt emails or your significant other to your MS Family and also do it on their account. Level 2 members can gift 5000 to other family peeps per month. I'm gonna hoard points and see what is happening with GamePass Ultimate come November when my current sub expires.
  • robthehermit 28 Jul 2020 12:11:36 7,810 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Grounded unlocks at 6pm in case anyone was wondering.
  • robthehermit 29 Jul 2020 13:16:15 7,810 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    "Obsidian's known for building rich stories with memorable characters," game director Adam Brennecke told GameSpot. "So first of all, one thing that we're trying to bring to the survival genre are memorable characters that you'll know and love, having personalities, creating a rich storyline that the player can experience."

I know it's early access and whatnot, but for a game that claims to have an emphasis on a rich storyline you'd think the currently available story content would take longer than 15 minutes to complete.
  • MrFlay 29 Jul 2020 13:24:26 4,505 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @robthehermit

It's early access. The focus is on mechanics right now. They'll add the story when the game is more complete. They don't want to do what Subnautica: Below Zero did and create lots of content they later have to scrap because the mechanics have changed.
  • Malek86 29 Jul 2020 20:00:20 10,158 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Disgaea 4+ is coming to Game Pass PC later in the year.

Haven't played one of these in a century, maybe if it's more accessible than the previous games...
  • SnackPlissken 30 Jul 2020 10:01:55 1,956 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Played a bit of Grounded. Just seems like your usual survival crafting game.. don't think its my sort of game as for me they've been done to death.
  • Ultrasoundwave 30 Jul 2020 10:46:06 5,956 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    Played a bit of Grounded. Just seems like your usual survival crafting game.. don't think its my sort of game as for me they've been done to death.
    Yeah same here - Im genuinely confused as to what Microsoft is doing with their new studios.

I understand Microsoft encouraging them to Do what they want, experiment with genres, etc but Obsidian making Grounded and Ninja Theory making Bleeding Edge both seem like a giant waste of time.

Yes, Obsidian are working on Avowed and Ninja Theory on Hellblade 2.....but why waste time on these glorified distractions?

Are Sony telling Naughty Dog to make a co-op survival game?, are they demanding that Insomniac crank out some dodgy MOBA before Spider-Man 2??

Just seems like a waste of time and resources to me.
  • SnackPlissken 30 Jul 2020 10:53:29 1,956 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    They seem about 4 years behind the curve. Only saving grace is that I didn't buy either of those games you mentioned and could try it on Game Pass.
  • Phattso 30 Jul 2020 11:15:12 25,473 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Are Sony telling Naughty Dog to make a co-op survival game?, are they demanding that Insomniac crank out some dodgy MOBA before Spider-Man 2??
    Just for the record, Insomniac spent years making niche VR games. In a lot of these cases, it's the dev teams themselves begging for something new/different/close to their hearts.

If I'd spent years making a game about mental health, you'd better believe I wanna make a dayglo brawler as a palate cleanser. :)
  • THFourteen 30 Jul 2020 11:27:33 53,824 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Malek86 wrote:
    Disgaea 4+ is coming to Game Pass PC later in the year.

Haven't played one of these in a century, maybe if it's more accessible than the previous games...
    I got as far as the stupid penguin who said "dood" in the one i tried and quit.
  • TechnoHippy 30 Jul 2020 12:48:29 17,476 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The Touryst is fun so far, although some of the platforming is a bit fiddly.
  • Ultrasoundwave 30 Jul 2020 13:01:57 5,956 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    Ultrasoundwave wrote:
    Just for the record, Insomniac spent years making niche VR games. In a lot of these cases, it's the dev teams themselves begging for something new/different/close to their hearts.

If I'd spent years making a game about mental health, you'd better believe I wanna make a dayglo brawler as a palate cleanser. :)
    Oh I absolutely understand working on something new and getting a palate cleanse....but why would you have one of the all-time great RPG makers (Obsidian) work on a co-op survival game and why would you have an incredibly talented single-player, narrative driven studio (Ninja Theory) work on a MOBA?

Especially now were in the aftermath of Bleeding Edge and its essentially been a massive flop, would that team have been better served putting all that time, effort and resources elsewhere?

Im not saying they should have just immediately jumped into Hellblade 2 and not done something new, but they should be working to their strengths - I could easily see Bleeding Edge reworked into a crazy, story driven action RPG-type game.....but I digress.
  • Ror 30 Jul 2020 13:09:37 20,223 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Grounded and Bleeding Edge were both being worked on before Microsoft aquired their developers. Both are being made by small teams (under twenty people each). It wouldn't be a very good start to the relationships to come in and immediately cancel their new teams' passion projects.

It's a win-win anyway. MS get more games out the door, and those studios still have other things on the go; Obsidian are working on Avowed, Grounded, The Outer Worlds DLC, and another small project helmed by Josh Sawyer. Ninja Theory are working on Hellblade 2, Project Mara and whatever the Insight Project ends up being.
  • robthehermit 30 Jul 2020 14:11:01 7,810 posts
    Seen 36 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Grounded was quite fun from the hour or so I spent with it and I'm interested to see where it goes. Ok, it's what you'd expect from Obsidian, but it doesn't detract from the development of Avowed and DLC for The Outer Worlds is on it's way as well so I don't see that anyone has anything to complain about.
  • THFourteen 30 Jul 2020 16:32:38 53,824 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Unavowed was great, hopefully avowed will be decent.
  • Darth_Flibble 1 Aug 2020 07:03:28 4,311 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Leaving gamepass
    Devil May Cry 5
    Kingdom Come: Deliverance
    Yoku's Island Express

I really enjoyed Yoku's Island Express, wanted to like KCD but its just painfully to play, the lockpicking is fucking horrible on a controller
  • dfunked09 1 Aug 2020 11:12:37 28 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Carrion is ace. Played through it twice now (second playthrough on PC, which is a nice change to the control scheme)

Grounded - absolutely clear that this isn't my cuppa after half an hour of play. Kudos to them for trying something different though, and it sounds like it's doing well (1 million players already)
  • AddyB- 1 Aug 2020 12:22:24 774 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Carrion does look cool. Will have to try that.
  • ozthegweat 1 Aug 2020 12:39:32 2,536 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    How's Observation?
  • TechnoHippy 1 Aug 2020 13:10:18 17,476 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    It started off great, but the drone is annoying and there's a few too many memory puzzles I couldn't be bothered with. Some nice atmosphere though, so I may give it another try.
  • ozthegweat 1 Aug 2020 19:19:07 2,536 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @TechnoHippy Thanks.
  • MrFlay 2 Aug 2020 15:50:47 4,505 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just tried Project X-Cloud and it's pretty great even in beta. I played Civ 6 which is a bad choice really but it worked fine. There are a number of games on it that aren't on Game Pass like Forza 7 and Civ. When they expand it to more devices, it will be a killer bonus for Game Pass.
  • TechnoHippy 2 Aug 2020 15:53:56 17,476 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Gave Sniper Elite 4 another try, but dropped it to easy and quite enjoying this time. I do like shooting nazis' jaws off.
  • Graxlar_v3 2 Aug 2020 16:10:43 10,218 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    TechnoHippy wrote:
    Gave Sniper Elite 4 another try, but dropped it to easy and quite enjoying this time. I do like shooting nazis' jaws off.
    You are doing it wrong!
  • BigOrkWaaagh 2 Aug 2020 16:27:16 9,443 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah you want to be aiming lower!

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.