Following New Game Pass additions Page 7

  • DUFFMAN5 18 Jun 2019 14:35:32 24,614 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    Dead Island Definitive Edition is leaving on the 30th.
    Do games get reintroduced over time, like NOW for example ?
  • robthehermit 18 Jun 2019 14:41:16 7,365 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Sometimes games come back. Riptide GP was removed at the end of January but is back as of this month.
  • PierrePressure 18 Jun 2019 19:45:31 945 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    What's the best offer on the Xbox Ultimate game pass at the moment? We've just bought our eldest the digital only One S and want to have all bases covered.
  • Spectral 18 Jun 2019 19:54:37 6,234 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @PierrePressure Best bet for ultimate so long as you haven't already signed up for it is to loading up the account with 36 months of gold and then using the current upgrade to ultimate for 1 offer. It will convert all your remaining gold time into ultimate.

    That only works when changing to ultimate for the first time though. If you add any normal gold codes afterwards they do add time, but significantly less than they are for.

    Obviously you can do any amount less than 36 months too, 36 is just the maximum.

    Edited by Spectral at 19:55:58 18-06-2019
  • PierrePressure 18 Jun 2019 20:02:01 945 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wow that is decent thanks!
  • Spectral 18 Jun 2019 20:09:58 6,234 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @PierrePressure I should add, the upgrade to ultimate for 1 offer was for E3. It is still active now but since E3 is over, who knows for how long.

    Even if that expires though its still worth loading up the account before converting
  • Derblington 18 Jun 2019 20:25:13 31,685 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I ended up doing this today, but only for a year. I realised I wanted Ori 2, The Last Night and Dead Static Drive, and the 3 of them would be more than paying for the year. everything else is a bonus.
  • whatthefu 18 Jun 2019 21:21:43 1,228 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've been watching for ages hoping Gears 5 and Ori would be added, so when they were I was happy to sign up.
    I got 2 years of gold and converted to ultimate for 1.
  • ChiefGB 18 Jun 2019 21:32:51 10,830 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    Dead Island Definitive Edition is leaving on the 30th.
    No tears from me, I downloaded one of those two recently to try and is was fucking diabolical. Terrible terrible port and was virtually unplayable for me, so fuck knows how poor the 360 version was.
  • Derblington 18 Jun 2019 22:21:32 31,685 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    whatthefu wrote:
    I've been watching for ages hoping Gears 5 and Ori would be added, so when they were I was happy to sign up.
    I got 2 years of gold and converted to ultimate for 1.
    All 1st party is added, it was a guarantee.
  • richardiox 18 Jun 2019 22:22:39 7,720 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    whatthefu wrote:
    I've been watching for ages hoping Gears 5 and Ori would be added, so when they were I was happy to sign up.
    I got 2 years of gold and converted to ultimate for 1.
    MS has already said that every first party game will launch on GamePass so no need to worry about that stuff. Hopefully this will include Flight Sim. And brilliant that we get games like Outer Worlds (and Outer Wilds) at launch too.
  • Spectral 18 Jun 2019 22:26:18 6,234 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    whatthefu wrote:
    I've been watching for ages hoping Gears 5 and Ori would be added, so when they were I was happy to sign up.
    I got 2 years of gold and converted to ultimate for 1.
    MS has already said that every first party game will launch on GamePass so no need to worry about that stuff. Hopefully this will include Flight Sim. And brilliant that we get games like Outer Worlds (and Outer Wilds) at launch too.
    The trailer for flight simulator has the "play it with xbox game pass" at the end. Hopefully that means PC too, not just Xbone. Assuming its coming to Xbone, I can't imagine playing it with a controller.

    Edited by Spectral at 22:26:47 18-06-2019
  • SiroccoJetProp 18 Jun 2019 22:35:52 280 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Spectral wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    whatthefu wrote:
    I've been watching for ages hoping Gears 5 and Ori would be added, so when they were I was happy to sign up.
    I got 2 years of gold and converted to ultimate for 1.
    MS has already said that every first party game will launch on GamePass so no need to worry about that stuff. Hopefully this will include Flight Sim. And brilliant that we get games like Outer Worlds (and Outer Wilds) at launch too.
    The trailer for flight simulator has the "play it with xbox game pass" at the end. Hopefully that means PC too, not just Xbone. Assuming its coming to Xbone, I can't imagine playing it with a controller.
    Definitely coming to Xbox One. I've got the HOTAS controller for Xbox and I imagine it will work pretty well with that.

    Edited by SiroccoJetProp at 22:36:27 18-06-2019
  • richardiox 18 Jun 2019 22:57:19 7,720 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    SiroccoJetProp wrote:
    Spectral wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    whatthefu wrote:
    I've been watching for ages hoping Gears 5 and Ori would be added, so when they were I was happy to sign up.
    I got 2 years of gold and converted to ultimate for 1.
    MS has already said that every first party game will launch on GamePass so no need to worry about that stuff. Hopefully this will include Flight Sim. And brilliant that we get games like Outer Worlds (and Outer Wilds) at launch too.
    The trailer for flight simulator has the "play it with xbox game pass" at the end. Hopefully that means PC too, not just Xbone. Assuming its coming to Xbone, I can't imagine playing it with a controller.
    Definitely coming to Xbox One. I've got the HOTAS controller for Xbox and I imagine it will work pretty well with that.
    Xbox supports keyboards too.
  • RawShark 19 Jun 2019 12:05:11 583 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just had a go at Outer Wilds. Not sure what to think yet. Got off to a bad start when I immediately killed myself by exploring the inside of a geyser and getting booted straight back to the start menu. It's also not promising that I'm lousy at piloting the ship and mincing around in zero gravity. But now I've started the gameplay loop proper my interest has been piqued.

    It's a shame there's no voice acting. I know it's a low-budget indie title but the writing seems pretty flat without it. Sometimes I barely register what is actually coming up on the screen.
  • RedPanda87 19 Jun 2019 12:48:32 1,896 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @RawShark there's very little real ship piloting needed. Most of the time you're just flying to a planet which mostly can be handled by the autopilot. You don't need to spend much time in zero G in your space suit either. This does mean you might not get much practice for the few sections that do need it though.
  • hedben2013 19 Jun 2019 13:21:45 1,105 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    RawShark wrote:
    Just had a go at Outer Wilds. Not sure what to think yet. Got off to a bad start when I immediately killed myself by exploring the inside of a geyser and getting booted straight back to the start menu.
    I did precisely this and thought it was brilliant- not often you see "You died" followed by credits within 10 minutes of starting a game.
  • RawShark 19 Jun 2019 13:23:49 583 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @RedPanda87 That's good. I feared just floating off and getting hopelessly lost in space. Like I totally would in real life.
  • robthehermit 19 Jun 2019 15:10:45 7,365 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    New titles for June announced:

    Resident Evil Revelations for Xbox One (June 20th)
    Rare Replay for Xbox One (June 20th)
    Goat Simulator for Xbox One (June 27th)
    Goat Simulator for PC (June 27th)
    Torment: Tides of Numenera for PC (June 27th)
  • hedben2013 19 Jun 2019 15:20:01 1,105 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @RawShark Even with the autopilot there are other oppotunities to be Incompetent In Space... I landed on one of the planetoids when it was way way out at the edge of the solar system, and was confused when 10 minutes later I managed to slip off the side of it straight into the sun.

    Elliptical orbits, how do they work?

    Edited by hedben2013 at 15:20:31 19-06-2019
  • Carlo 19 Jun 2019 15:38:18 20,561 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Got to say, I'm absolutely loving 'Slay the Spire'.

    No idea how long it's been out (I do now, it was released 9/6/19), but I found it on the XBox (Beta) app on PC, using the 'What will you play next? Surprise me' button.

    Such a GREAT idea for discovering games using this service.

    Edited by Carlo at 15:44:23 19-06-2019
  • Frogofdoom 19 Jun 2019 15:41:54 13,398 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Yeah its brilliant, there are quite a few of us playing it in the switch thread. I bought it on that and then got PC gamepass a few days later.... story of my life!
  • AaronTurner 19 Jun 2019 16:16:47 10,989 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    RawShark wrote:
    Just had a go at Outer Wilds. Not sure what to think yet. Got off to a bad start when I immediately killed myself by exploring the inside of a geyser and getting booted straight back to the start menu. It's also not promising that I'm lousy at piloting the ship and mincing around in zero gravity. But now I've started the gameplay loop proper my interest has been piqued.

    It's a shame there's no voice acting. I know it's a low-budget indie title but the writing seems pretty flat without it. Sometimes I barely register what is actually coming up on the screen.
    Yeah I was pretty stoked when I saw it on the Xbox but I have to say that after a couple of hours play it hasn't really grabbed me and I've moved on. It does seem like it could be fun but I had too ma y head scratching moments and realised that I wasn't enjoying them.
  • kentmonkey 19 Jun 2019 18:40:10 22,998 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    robthehermit wrote:
    New titles for June announced:

    Resident Evil Revelations for Xbox One (June 20th)
    Rare Replay for Xbox One (June 20th)
    Goat Simulator for Xbox One (June 27th)
    Goat Simulator for PC (June 27th)
    Torment: Tides of Numenera for PC (June 27th)
    Wanted to play Rare Replay and Goat Simulator so that's good for me.
  • Spectral 19 Jun 2019 18:54:42 6,234 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Urge to get a One S rising. Trying to resist buying one until Amazon's prime day next month in case there is a really good deal. Current prices just a tad too high to bite. At least I have the PC pass to be messing with though. Thinking of giving Vampyr a try. Anyone here given it a go?
  • Malek86 19 Jun 2019 19:10:08 8,482 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    RE Revelations might be worth a try. Never got it on the 3DS, even when it was a fiver, but zero is a much easier price to swallow.
  • Darth_Flibble 19 Jun 2019 19:43:47 3,459 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    RE Revelations is quite good when its on the ship but the other section of the game feels like it was made for the shooter crowd. The final boss fight was a git iirc
  • Darth_Flibble 19 Jun 2019 19:46:27 3,459 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Spectral wrote:
    Thinking of giving Vampyr a try. Anyone here given it a go?
    Yes, (played it before it was on GP) and while a bit janky because its b budget game, I quite liked it. The more of vampire arsehole you are to people, draining the NPC, the powerful you get but worse the city gets
  • AaronTurner 19 Jun 2019 22:24:57 10,989 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So is the whole of Xbox down? I can't play anything, game pass games or even games I own. I can't play either Xbox or pc games. It's pretty incredible that something so drastic has happened that I can't even play games I've bought.
  • Spectral 19 Jun 2019 22:28:35 6,234 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Seems fine for me on PC
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.