New Game Pass additions Page 61

• JonFE 7 Sep 2020 14:08:51 2,024 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Each and every survey I get from Xbox (I'm an ambassador don't you know*) has a "make xbox better" box to fill in. Each and every survey I request the date a game is leaving GP is permanently on the Game tile.
    If it happens it probably down to me 😂
    👍
    Thank you! I hope it does get added, because it is actually reasonable to want to know the "expiration" date...

At the moment, I'm playing through Nier (excellent) and Batman Arkham Knight, two games I purchased on PS4 on discount, but would prefer to play on the Xbox Elite controller and knowing how much time I have left could make me purchase them on Xbox as well, just to keep the save...
  • TechnoHippy 7 Sep 2020 16:43:14 17,737 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    hedben2013 wrote:
    I've fallen hard for Undermine. Great little roguelite. Emphasis on lite because you can carry gold between runs (and pay to carry a greater %). I'm just not cut out for the ones where you lose EVERYTHING on death
    It is a lot of fun - I can only play in short bursts, but the meta progression does help.
  • MrFlay 7 Sep 2020 16:56:31 4,558 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    Hiphopopotamus wrote:
    Darth_Flibble wrote:
    MS are getting really shit are saying what is leaving gamepass via dash or gamepass app.

from the above link
    Leaving September 15
    Gonner: Blueberry Edition (Console & PC)
    Jump Force (Console)
    PS Now actually shows it in the game listings, helps you prioritise! They need to add that.
    Each and every survey I get from Xbox (I'm an ambassador don't you know*) has a "make xbox better" box to fill in. Each and every survey I request the date a game is leaving GP is permanently on the Game tile.

*this is not a job they give to the xxxx kid so he will do something they don't want to do for free.
    👍
    Games usually last 12 months. There's a spreadsheet on Reddit with the info. r/XboxGamePass
  • Dave_McCoy 7 Sep 2020 19:30:59 3,290 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    hedben2013 wrote:
    I've fallen hard for Undermine. Great little roguelite. Emphasis on lite because you can carry gold between runs (and pay to carry a greater %). I'm just not cut out for the ones where you lose EVERYTHING on death
    Yes! It is indeed great. I got it recommended would have not tried it otherwise but got hooked quick.
  • Darth_Flibble 7 Sep 2020 19:37:20 4,451 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    JonFE wrote:
    DUFFMAN5 wrote:
    👍
    Thank you! I hope it does get added, because it is actually reasonable to want to know the "expiration" date...

At the moment, I'm playing through Nier (excellent) and Batman Arkham Knight, two games I purchased on PS4 on discount, but would prefer to play on the Xbox Elite controller and knowing how much time I have left could make me purchase them on Xbox as well, just to keep the save...
    Arkham Knight was on the leaving list but disappeared from there, might of been a mistake or someone jumped the gun
  • Malek86 8 Sep 2020 14:44:46 10,521 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just started RE7, the first hour is done. From the demo I thought it would be horror, turns out it's more gore/slasher. Not nearly as scary as I hoped.

Also it was almost all cutscenes, really. Just because you can move your character around doesn't make them any less cutscene-y. I guess it will pick up though.
  • StixxUK 9 Sep 2020 14:50:06 8,370 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    So apparently EA Play/Origin is getting added on to Game pass... That's pretty big!
  • Malek86 9 Sep 2020 14:54:31 10,521 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Suppose that will give me an excuse to try out Jedi Fallen Order eventually.
  • StixxUK 9 Sep 2020 15:31:38 8,370 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Might give me an excuse to not cancel my Game Pass...
  • richardiox 9 Sep 2020 15:48:05 8,902 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The whole of the EA access library being added is huge. Gamepass is almost funny now in how ridiculous it is.

Xbox Series S at 21 a month with an unbelievable catalogue of games is an amazing value proposition.
  • Darth_Flibble 9 Sep 2020 16:19:40 4,451 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Star renegades (strategy RPG) got added to PC game pass, looks good
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Sep 2020 08:39:01 26,173 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Is Stranger Things 3 new to the service ? I downloaded (3:30am no less!!!! James was up, so I was up!) today, anyway the hour I have spent has been good mindless fun and they have nailed the graphics and era of the 80's wonderfully.
  • StixxUK 10 Sep 2020 10:53:27 8,370 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    So the game pass thing, apparently its for PC only

and the PC pass, if anyone else has that (like me) for 3.99 is about to double in price. Still decent ish value but no longer a "no-brainer", might not keep it after all!
  • dfunked09 10 Sep 2020 11:15:57 286 posts
    Seen 38 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @DUFFMAN5
    Showing as new in the game pass app - just queued it up now along with hotshot racing.
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Sep 2020 13:36:47 26,173 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @dfunked09
    Nice one, it is really fun.
  • Sharz 10 Sep 2020 15:23:26 1,979 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Hot Shot Racing is so bloody infuriating.

I get the feeling this could be a great game but the AI drivers constantly bump you around. To the point you can end up loosing half a lap of progress because of one shunt. All the work went into the driving model which is proper wonderful arcade, with no work in the games balance. So much rubber banding and dick head AI.

Going to give the online a go before totally write it off though.

Edited by Sharz at 15:24:06 10-09-2020
  • Darth_Flibble 10 Sep 2020 17:05:15 4,451 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Thats good about Stranger Things 3 coming to xbox one GP, its been on PC gamepass for ages but no achievements (handy for MS rewards and quests)
  • DUFFMAN5 10 Sep 2020 20:00:35 26,173 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Darth_Flibble
    I have probably put in around 3 hours today, great fun and good for in. And at the moment not to taxing, which is a bonus! ;)
  • Darth_Flibble 10 Sep 2020 20:27:58 4,451 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @DUFFMAN5

Did the first section at the mall, its nice little game
  • monkman76 11 Sep 2020 08:31:24 16,570 posts
    Seen 26 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    With the price rise to game pass PC bringing it in line with console game pass, does that mean that the catalogue will also extend? The PC selection is a fair bit smaller currently. I know EA Play is coming, but that'll be on Xbox too as I understand it, so they'll still be imbalanced.
  • Gruff 11 Sep 2020 11:12:16 3,638 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    A prodigal son has returned.

Signed up for GamePass PC, even with the price rise its silly not to. Didn't even realise there was a PC version until I watched Alanah Pearce discussing it.

Struggled to dust off and revive my old Xbox live account though, its been a while, fond memories of my 360 days.

Will be getting a PS5 rather than a Microsoft offering but the value is too great ignore. If they get the new footy manager or baldur's gate games that alone will be all the value I need.

Wished I twigged before buying Crusader Kings 3 last week though. Eejit
  • TechnoHippy 12 Sep 2020 18:25:30 17,737 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Made it down to the Crystal Caves in Undermine, although I still have the Boss from the previous level to kill.

Gave Stranger Things 3 a try and it's sucked me in. The gameplay is quite basic, but the retro style works quite well.
  • DUFFMAN5 12 Sep 2020 18:33:39 26,173 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @TechnoHippy
    Re Stranger Things, totally agree. I have put in about 4 hours, it is just fun. I do love the show which helps of course ;)
  • CalamityJames 12 Sep 2020 19:20:49 267 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Stranger Things 3 got pretty hammered in reviews (which is why I didn't buy it when it came out), but maybe I'll give it a go if you lot are enjoying it.

I've got really hooked on Neon Abyss. I think it may have suffered attention-wise from going on the service the same day as another roguelite (Undermine), but I'm enjoying it more tbh. Couldn't ask for much more from a roguelite twin-stick shooter really, the various pick-ups and "pets" are fun and chucked at you at a rate of knots, and the shooting is done well. Only complaint is the occasional hitch when stuff's exploding, which really shouldn't be happening with a 2D game on an X1X.
  • Darth_Flibble 13 Sep 2020 09:31:28 4,451 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Read a bit of the IGN review for ST3 and its not well written, he calls the combat, streets of rage esque combat, its nothing like SoR. The combat in St3 is simple but I wasn't expecting complex combat

I looked up reviews for the Dark crystal game, everyone says its bad, will skip the game
  • TechnoHippy 13 Sep 2020 09:48:28 17,737 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Sharz wrote:
    Hot Shot Racing is so bloody infuriating.

I get the feeling this could be a great game but the AI drivers constantly bump you around. To the point you can end up loosing half a lap of progress because of one shunt. All the work went into the driving model which is proper wonderful arcade, with no work in the games balance. So much rubber banding and dick head AI.

Going to give the online a go before totally write it off though.
    I was a bit disappointed with this - I kinda hoped for a cell shaded Burnout, but it's nowhere as slick. I'd love a remaster of Burnout 2 :-(
  • Darth_Flibble 13 Sep 2020 10:31:33 4,451 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Burnout 2 was great, once it got EA-ifed a bit in 3, it was never as good as it should

Was looking forward to HSR, but rubber banding and dick head AI is a No for me (not sure why devs think all that is good idea)
  • Anthony_UK 14 Sep 2020 01:55:53 3,035 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Have to say I'm loving hot shot racing. It didn't quite click on the entry level difficulty at first, but it comes alive in the higher difficulty levels and faster cars that come with it.

The tracks are quite sparse, bland even and on the entry difficulty level it's very pedestrian to the point boring. But on the higher difficulty levels, you're approaching speeds reminiscent of something like Wipeout and it starts to make sense as you take 2-3 corners in one long almost Outrun 2 esque powerslide to charge the boost meter.

Love it
  • robthehermit 14 Sep 2020 14:55:07 7,964 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The Game Pass Cloud list is up on Xbox Wire:

https://news.xbox.com/en-us/2020/09/14/cloud-gaming-with-xbox-game-pass-ultimate/
  • imamazed 14 Sep 2020 15:17:59 6,448 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm sort of quite interested in trying out the Cloud, but I've got a launch model non-bluetooth controller so that's that. Not going to buy a new one just for the cloud, so I'll try again when/if I pick up a series x/s and the new controller with it.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.