Disney+ Page 20

  • theone1 4 Apr 2020 21:44:14 104 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He's just like a shaved gizmo
  • Nexus_6 4 Apr 2020 22:45:42 4,946 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Stop. I can only get so erect.
  • barchetta 5 Apr 2020 11:57:25 2,424 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Rewatched Finding Nemo last night. Amazing to think it is as old as boy no1.

    The DVD had some hammer back in the day as the kids loved it. 4K HDR was a revelation. Never saw it in the cinema so the extra detail - iridescence in the fish scales, Bruceís complex tooth structures were fantastic.
  • barchetta 5 Apr 2020 11:57:26 2,424 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Rewatched Finding Nemo last night. Amazing to think it is as old as boy no1.

    The DVD had some hammer back in the day as the kids loved it. 4K HDR was a revelation. Never saw it in the cinema so the extra detail - iridescence in the fish scales, Bruceís complex tooth structures were fantastic.
  • crashVoodoo 5 Apr 2020 12:22:09 6,672 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @barchetta I know what you mean. Me and the youngest watched Moana yesterday and it's looks chuffing gorgeous in 4k. I understand the bitrate is lower at the moment but even as is there is so much fine detail in the water, sand and Tomatoah's song to name a few, that you'd gloss over.

    Edited by crashVoodoo at 12:23:07 05-04-2020
  • Jono62 5 Apr 2020 12:27:06 25,062 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @crashVoodoo What about her ankles?
  • barchetta 5 Apr 2020 19:39:03 2,424 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @crashVoodoo yeah, I know a 4K disc will look a little better and be a stable feed, but for the price of 2-3 4k discs, the subscription is fantastic value. Enjoy!
  • Goban 5 Apr 2020 23:02:57 10,071 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Does Disney+ alter the quality of streaming depending on connection, like Netflix, or does it just try and batter through ignoring the bandwidth, rendering it unwatchable, like nowtv?
  • Dougs 6 Apr 2020 06:30:31 94,086 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Yeah, the former I think.
  • Spectral 6 Apr 2020 06:35:33 6,382 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    It definitely adjusts quality depending on the connection. I was watching while I had some downloads going and saw the quality increase as they finished. It wasn't as seamless as it is on netflix for me though. It did quickly flicker as the quality changed.

    Edited by Spectral at 06:37:24 06-04-2020
  • RGeefe 6 Apr 2020 13:33:05 985 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Goban wrote:
    Does Disney+ alter the quality of streaming depending on connection, like Netflix, or does it just try and batter through ignoring the bandwidth, rendering it unwatchable, like nowtv?
    I tried watching some Sky Go recently and if it hit 720 I was lucky. Absolutely shocking quality.
  • Dougs 6 Apr 2020 13:33:52 94,086 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    They make you pay extra for 1080p and 5.1
  • RGeefe 6 Apr 2020 13:35:51 985 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    They make you pay extra for 1080p and 5.1
    Really?
  • ukaskew37 6 Apr 2020 13:41:31 203 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    RGeefe wrote:
    Goban wrote:
    Does Disney+ alter the quality of streaming depending on connection, like Netflix, or does it just try and batter through ignoring the bandwidth, rendering it unwatchable, like nowtv?
    I tried watching some Sky Go recently and if it hit 720 I was lucky. Absolutely shocking quality.
    Aren't most services scaling back on quality at the moment to preserve bandwith? Disney haven't unleashed full 4K in the UK/Europe yet and Netflix have reduced bitrate etc.
  • Spectral 6 Apr 2020 13:54:49 6,382 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    They make you pay extra for 1080p and 5.1
    Isn't that NOW TV(also owned by sky)? Unless it is very very recent I don't think there is anyway get above 720p on Sky Go yet.

    Edited by Spectral at 13:57:38 06-04-2020
  • Dougs 6 Apr 2020 13:55:46 94,086 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Sorry yes, thought we were still talking about Nowtv! Didn't spot the subtle ref to Sky Go!
  • Not-a-reviewer 6 Apr 2020 13:56:44 6,227 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Now tv only has one quality option. It seems a lot better recently, is it at least 1080p now?
  • RGeefe 6 Apr 2020 13:57:22 985 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    ukaskew37 wrote:
    RGeefe wrote:
    Goban wrote:
    Does Disney+ alter the quality of streaming depending on connection, like Netflix, or does it just try and batter through ignoring the bandwidth, rendering it unwatchable, like nowtv?
    I tried watching some Sky Go recently and if it hit 720 I was lucky. Absolutely shocking quality.
    Aren't most services scaling back on quality at the moment to preserve bandwith? Disney haven't unleashed full 4K in the UK/Europe yet and Netflix have reduced bitrate etc.
    By "recently", I meant February
  • BinaryBob101 6 Apr 2020 14:02:57 27,748 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nobody needs 4K. The big steaming platforms should really downgrade customers short-term, take some pressure off the network.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 6 Apr 2020 14:03:16 24,942 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Not-a-reviewer wrote:
    Now tv only has one quality option. It seems a lot better recently, is it at least 1080p now?
    The recently added a 1080p "boost" subscription which is £3 a month.
  • Blackmarsh63 6 Apr 2020 14:07:19 3,276 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    They make you pay extra for 1080p and 5.1
    Some of their broadcast picture quality is woeful. I've just finished The Outsider on Atlantic and it barely watchable in places. 480p probably.
  • BinaryBob101 6 Apr 2020 14:08:01 27,748 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Sky are true horrors eh? More shit cunts. Glad I severed Sky a couple of months back.
  • RGeefe 6 Apr 2020 14:08:06 985 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Not-a-reviewer wrote:
    Now tv only has one quality option. It seems a lot better recently, is it at least 1080p now?
    The recently added a 1080p "boost" subscription which is £3 a month.
    So it's £3 a month EXTRA to get 1080p?
  • beastmaster 6 Apr 2020 14:10:37 20,704 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Iím amazed anyone has Sky these days. Iíve never had it and never will. Was briefly tempted by NowTV but quickly came to my senses.
  • JamboWayOh 6 Apr 2020 14:12:26 19,356 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Sky are true horrors eh? More shit cunts. Glad I severed Sky a couple of months back.
    Everything ok Bob?
  • Not-a-reviewer 6 Apr 2020 14:13:47 6,227 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Not-a-reviewer wrote:
    Now tv only has one quality option. It seems a lot better recently, is it at least 1080p now?
    The recently added a 1080p "boost" subscription which is £3 a month.
    So they do; Iíve never seen that advertised, might partly explain then putting me on some £1.60 a month deal for 9 months.

    I did watch the outsider recently and couldnít tell the difference.
  • BinaryBob101 6 Apr 2020 14:14:48 27,748 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Why are you folloowing me Jambo? It's very weird. I was ok, but if you follow me about, then I'll think bad of you and I really don't want to do that mate.
  • Not-a-reviewer 6 Apr 2020 14:15:01 6,227 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Nobody needs 4K. The big steaming platforms should really downgrade customers short-term, take some pressure off the network.
    No one needs 720p, just put it all out at 360i and make do. Same programmes.
  • BinaryBob101 6 Apr 2020 14:16:17 27,748 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Yeah I take your point. Are you using 4K?
  • JamboWayOh 6 Apr 2020 14:16:42 19,356 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    BinaryBob101 wrote:
    Why are you folloowing me Jambo? It's very weird. I was ok, but if you follow me about, then I'll think bad of you and I really don't want to do that mate.
    I'm not following you, I literally just asked you if everything is okay. A simple yes, no or none of your business would suffice.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.