Star Wars Episode IX: Rise of Skywalker Page 2

• McGeeza 12 Apr 2019 19:42:46 1,963 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    It isn’t a CGI Carrie Fisher. It’s unused footage.
  • challenge_hanukkah 12 Apr 2019 19:44:02 10,772 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I want a CGI Rey. It'd look more believable.
  • arty 12 Apr 2019 20:01:45 551 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I've totally given up on SW after the last few piles of shit.
  • JamboWayOh 12 Apr 2019 20:02:39 13,245 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    This is a truly, terrible, terrible, terrible title.
  • nickthegun 12 Apr 2019 20:05:08 77,889 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Your-Mother wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    I'm looking forward to seven months of speculation as to how a Skywalker will ride when they are all dead.
    Well, Ren is technically a Skywalker. But if they do the whole redemption crap again I’m also gonna have words.
    Also Leia isn't dead.
    Leia Organa-Solo. I'm going full pedant, here.
  • Scimarad 12 Apr 2019 20:11:04 9,609 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Seriously, as has already been stated, that is a really terrible title.

They might as well have called it Star Wars: Don't Worry, It's Not The Last Jedi, That Didn't Really Happen.
  • JoelStinty 12 Apr 2019 20:13:16 7,867 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    This is a truly, terrible, terrible, terrible title.
    Yeah it is. Though at the same time, I'm really intrigued by it because it Is provocative and seemingly questions what 8 said. Hopefully it plays with the fucking trolls and enrages them.

Good trailer though. I really enjoyed 7 and for the most part 8 (though I can see some peoples pov about it, but I think it does some really good stuff) so I'm all aboard.
  • Load_2.0 12 Apr 2019 20:14:33 29,341 posts
    Seen 43 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Title is fine.

Attack of the Clones is a terrible title.
  • Your-Mother 12 Apr 2019 20:18:25 2,773 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    *Cushing
    Him too.
  • askew 12 Apr 2019 20:21:22 19,119 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Khanivor wrote:
    Cool stunt at start. Laugh at end had me mouth drop open.

So much more too, such as busted ass bit of Death Star. Also looked like they were riding a Jabba skiff at one point.

Reckon this’ll be a tour of the planets?
    Hmm, like Deathly Hallows? Need to rescue all the horcruxes to stop Kylo resurrecting him…
  • garsync 12 Apr 2019 20:23:46 167 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Horrible name...

All I can think is that the Jedi and Sith are over at the end of this film... all the force sensitive broom wielders are then called “Skywalkers” and bring the balance to the force at last....

Will be on par with the Solo name reveal
  • the_milkybar_kid 12 Apr 2019 20:24:01 7,989 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Still can't feel anything but complete detachment after 8. What a fucking waste that film was. Its telling that none of my mates that usually would do haven't shared it and after speaking to them, their reaction equates to a shrug of the shoulders. Looks alright though.

Edited by the_milkybar_kid at 21:01:17 12-04-2019
  • mangojoe 12 Apr 2019 20:33:55 2,306 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    challenge_hanukkah wrote:
    multicolouredpoopoo wrote:
    Meh. Looks kind of worse than TLJ if anything. At least that had a few spectacular scenes it could draw on to put together a teaser. Will I go and watch it though, of course.
    Would you be a bit more whelmed if a paedophile was writing the score?
    He will love it with the penetration of the black holes and plenty of dark helmet touching
  • Syrette 12 Apr 2019 20:42:11 50,234 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Got a good feeling about this one. Better director, can't be any worse than The Last Jedi, and won't suffer from being the middle part of a trilogy.

For a mere teaser trailer I thought it was decent too. Terrible name though agreed.
  • ChiefGB 12 Apr 2019 20:52:04 10,708 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Here’s hoping he can do the best with what’s left because tlj really didn’t leave things in a great place. Whereas tfa, was left in a fairly decent place.
    Tfa was a fun romp, here’s hoping it gets back to some of that.
  • ChiefGB 12 Apr 2019 20:52:05 10,708 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Here’s hoping he can do the best with what’s left because tlj really didn’t leave things in a great place. Whereas tfa, was left in a fairly decent place.
    Tfa was a fun romp, here’s hoping it gets back to some of that.
  • Red_Bool 12 Apr 2019 21:08:56 1,796 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Here’s hoping he can do the best with what’s left because tlj really didn’t leave things in a great place.
    Isn't that the point of the second part of any trilogy? ;)
  • Lukus 12 Apr 2019 21:14:35 21,934 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You can't criticise the title, Star Wars titles have always been incredibly bombastic, as a homage to the serials and movies from the early days of film and telly.

Edited by Lukus at 22:52:54 12-04-2019
  • ChiefGB 12 Apr 2019 21:27:32 10,708 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Red_Bool wrote:
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Here’s hoping he can do the best with what’s left because tlj really didn’t leave things in a great place.
    True, I just meant in my opinion it undid a lot of the good will the other had created. But none of this is new news.
  • Red_Bool 12 Apr 2019 21:38:19 1,796 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Red_Bool wrote:
    ChiefGB wrote:
    True, I just meant in my opinion it undid a lot of the good will the other had created. But none of this is new news.
    I know what you meant :) I'm hoping the same thing.
  • docrob 12 Apr 2019 21:39:46 1,170 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    I thought it looked good but I am uncomfortable with a CGI resurrection for Carrie Fisher
    They’re not though, are they? I thought that was specifically ruled out. They’re using footage they didn’t use when filming VII and VIII. I’m sure they will do some digital alteration to make it fit, but they’re not actually bringing Carrie Fisher back.
  • d_h1234 12 Apr 2019 21:40:07 140 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    garsync wrote:
    Horrible name...

All I can think is that the Jedi and Sith are over at the end of this film... all the force sensitive broom wielders are then called “Skywalkers” and bring the balance to the force at last....

Something like Spartacus perhaps? They all put down their brooms and start yelling: "I'm Skywalker..." "I'm Skywalker!" "I'M SKYWALKER!"
  • the_milkybar_kid 12 Apr 2019 22:08:18 7,989 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's pretty much fan fiction isn't it? Palpatine is back. Lando comes says "here goes nothing" and winks at the camera.
  • Ddanno 12 Apr 2019 22:21:27 1,365 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @the_milkybar_kid Yup. Same as the other two. I've given up getting my hopes up with this shite.

Edited by Ddanno at 22:22:28 12-04-2019
  • beastmaster 12 Apr 2019 22:22:28 19,231 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    docrob wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    I thought it looked good but I am uncomfortable with a CGI resurrection for Carrie Fisher
    They’re not though, are they? I thought that was specifically ruled out. They’re using footage they didn’t use when filming VII and VIII. I’m sure they will do some digital alteration to make it fit, but they’re not actually bringing Carrie Fisher back.
    J. J. said they wrote the plot around her unused footage and got it to work. No CGI.

Not a great title but will get people talking and speculating. As a teaser that was spot on imo.

Daisy Ridley’s acting was all over the place in TLJ. Looks no different here.

If you didn’t watch the panel then you wouldn’t have seen Ian McDiarmand appear after they showed the trailer and the lights came on to thunderous applause. “Roll it again!” in Palpatine’s voice. Fuck!

FORCE PUMPED
    O
    R
    C
    E
    P
    U
    M
    P
    E
    D

Oh, it’s also been confirmed that there’s going to be a hiatus in Star Wars films after this one comes out.
  • thelzdking 12 Apr 2019 22:26:54 9,370 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Calrissian and Palpatine might entice me to the cinema for this after the bore-fest that was TLJ.
  • askew 12 Apr 2019 22:28:04 19,119 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    d_h1234 wrote:
    garsync wrote:
    Horrible name...

Something like Spartacus perhaps? They all put down their brooms and start yelling: "I'm Skywalker..." "I'm Skywalker!" "I'M SKYWALKER!"
    Pretty much: with all the "lighting the torch" in the TLJ.
  • garsync 12 Apr 2019 23:01:33 167 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    askew wrote:
    d_h1234 wrote:
    garsync wrote:
    Horrible name...

Pretty much: with all the "lighting the torch" in the TLJ.
    Yeah, I now see there are some lengthy articles out there touting this theory, something similar is in some of the extended universe books... So that may point away from them doing this I guess.. who knows.
  • garsync 12 Apr 2019 23:03:34 167 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rey will be the first to take the Skywalker name, so she isn't one but becomes one...

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.