Star Wars Episode IX: Rise of Skywalker Page 4

• Trowel 13 Apr 2019 17:32:24 22,542 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Why didn't Vader force grab Palpatine at the end of ROTJ?
  • challenge_hanukkah 13 Apr 2019 17:33:29 10,772 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Palps would have just used Force Cancel, obvs.
  • richarddavies 13 Apr 2019 17:36:59 6,713 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Then Vader should of just run in the other direction then suddenly back flipped back again and chopped his head off.

Then slowly walked away without looking back while palpatine exploded. Then high fives Luke.
  • sport 13 Apr 2019 17:38:27 15,003 posts
    Seen 52 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Pretty obvious that Rey is gonna force lift the Death Star like Luke did with the X wing.
  • SnackPlissken 13 Apr 2019 17:44:59 990 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Pretty sure Lando is going to bang Rey.
  • Dizzy 13 Apr 2019 19:53:09 3,709 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Star Wars : marvel edition
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 Apr 2019 19:58:03 19,829 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Star Trek
  • Pierre2k 13 Apr 2019 20:40:42 1,124 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    I can't stand these cinematic universes. The marvel one is one big blurry mess of action. I can't remember most of what I've seen and its starting to erode my memory of action films in general.
    I checked out of the Marvel series for this reason years ago. Up until the first Avengers movie I would make a point of going to see every Marvel movie. Even own most of them up to that point on Blu-ray. Beyond that though, I've hardly seen any of the movies. I've tried twice to sit through Age of Ultron and it's just so boring I can't do it. Ant Man and Guardian of the Galaxy were rare highlights, but I've not seen the Ant Man sequel and I found Guardians 2 to be a major slog.
    Maybe I've just become too old and cynical.

As for Star Wars, enjoyed the Force Awakens and loved Rogue One. Even found Solo to be decent. Bought the Last Jedi on 4K bluray, but....meh. Absolutely hated what they did with the Luke Skywalker character and found it overly long. Not terrible but it has definitely soured me towards the next entry. The trailer looks ok though and the Luke voiceover and Skywalker title have me interested.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Apr 2019 21:06:23 6,756 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dizzy wrote:
    Star Wars : marvel edition
    Oh yeah... this film will be designed to kick off a new trilogy or two
  • Baihu1983 13 Apr 2019 21:11:09 11,353 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Disney have said this will be the last SW film for a few years
  • thelzdking 13 Apr 2019 21:59:45 9,370 posts
    Seen 51 seconds ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    They will still make sure there's some threads to pick up for the next films.
  • Singularity 15 Apr 2019 09:43:27 3,133 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Hated TLJ so much. I liked this.
  • JoeBlade 15 Apr 2019 09:48:49 4,372 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:
    Dizzy wrote:
    Darth Vader would never jump over a tie fighter, he would just force grab it. What nonsense all this idiot action just for action sake.
    Yep, precisely. It's cringeworthy.
    Let me guess: it's not... FICTIONALLY PLAUSIBLE?
  • challenge_hanukkah 15 Apr 2019 10:06:29 10,772 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Did we ever come to a consensus whether stopping a blaster bolt was fictionally plausible or not?

Edited by challenge_hanukkah at 10:07:59 15-04-2019
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 15 Apr 2019 10:14:14 19,829 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It wasn't the stopping of the blaster bolt that he had the problem with, it was that it kept going once it was released. Which kind of makes sense in vizzini sort of way.

I wonder where he is now.
  • challenge_hanukkah 15 Apr 2019 10:40:01 10,772 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    He uploaded his consciousness to the internet is trying to fight off Elon Musk in a bid to become the firmware for the PS5.
  • ChiefGB 15 Apr 2019 10:40:02 10,708 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Oh he’ll be here somewhere, amongst us, heavy weezing in the corner. Lift your head up, sniff and see if you can catch a waft of the cheeto dust tangled in his neck beard.
  • Khanivor 15 Apr 2019 15:18:35 44,033 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I hope Vizinni reduces in time for this movie’s release.
  • Khanivor 15 Apr 2019 15:18:44 44,033 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Resubs. Whatevs
  • Zerobob 15 Apr 2019 16:20:39 2,222 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Zerobob wrote:
    Dizzy wrote:
    Darth Vader would never jump over a tie fighter, he would just force grab it. What nonsense all this idiot action just for action sake.
    Good fiction is still grounded in logic, as well as the rules of its own universe. Regardless of any sarcasm in the original comment, the only reason for Rey to attack a Tie Fighter like that was to impress somebody watching.

Directors rarely seem to understand that 'less is more' also applies to fight choreography. I would rather watch someone passionately bludgeon someone to death with their sword in a fit of anger, than pirouette around in a highly-coreographed rehearsed routine, because it shows the character's humanity, as well as the fact the fight was actually challenging for them, and something they cared about winning.
  • Graxlar_v3 15 Apr 2019 16:23:20 6,756 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Zerobob wrote:
    Dizzy wrote:
    Good fiction is still grounded in logic, as well as the rules of its own universe. Regardless of any sarcasm in the original comment, the only reason for Rey to attack a Tie Fighter like that was to impress somebody watching.

Directors rarely seem to understand that 'less is more' also applies to fight choreography. I would rather watch someone passionately bludgeon someone to death with their sword in a fit of anger, than pirouette around in a highly-coreographed rehearsed routine, because it shows the character's humanity, as well as the fact the fight was actually challenging for them, and something they cared about winning.
    or y'know... maybe she just doesn't have the decades of experience seen by Vader (don't forget Luke struggled to life the x wing even though it was stationary). I imagine force grabbing a tie fighter flying at you is more difficult then vaulting it.
  • Your-Mother 15 Apr 2019 16:24:10 2,773 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    How dare an action movie contain action.
  • Singularity 15 Apr 2019 16:24:48 3,133 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Zerobob wrote:
    the only reason for Rey to attack a Tie Fighter like that was to impress somebody watching.
    I was watching. I was pretty impressed.
  • Your-Mother 15 Apr 2019 16:25:37 2,773 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Also the slow methodical choreography of the originals was necessary due to the heavy difficult costumes. You just have to look at the prequels to know Vader would have been force flipping all up in that shit if Lucas would have thought of a way to do it.
  • Graxlar_v3 15 Apr 2019 16:27:17 6,756 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Your-Mother wrote:
    Also the slow methodical choreography of the originals was necessary due to the heavy difficult costumes. You just have to look at the prequels to know Vader would have been force flipping all up in that shit if Lucas would have thought of a way to do it.
    and the expensive fragile lightsabers.
  • Dougs 15 Apr 2019 16:28:34 89,259 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I assume we have all seen the video of the fanny incel watching the trailer for the first time?
  • Zerobob 15 Apr 2019 16:29:06 2,222 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Zerobob wrote:
    JoeBlade wrote:
    Zerobob wrote:
    Dizzy wrote:

or y'know... maybe she just doesn't have the decades of experience seen by Vader (don't forget Luke struggled to life the x wing even though it was stationary). I imagine force grabbing a tie fighter flying at you is more difficult then vaulting it.
    No no, Rey has a full grasp of the Force after no training. That's her character.
  • Your-Mother 15 Apr 2019 16:29:50 2,773 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    I assume we have all seen the video of the fanny incel watching the trailer for the first time?
    We’re seeing a couple of them in this thread, I think.
  • Graxlar_v3 15 Apr 2019 16:31:28 6,756 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Zerobob ???? i don't think anywhere in the movies did it show she had a full grasp of the force.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.