Following PlayStation 5 Page 371

• Derblington 4 Dec 2020 17:47:41 34,417 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    He should go and work for Amazon instead.
  • monkman76 5 Dec 2020 08:56:33 17,700 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Trying to play 4 player Pac-Man 256 with 2 Dualsenses and 2 DS4s, but one of the DS4s doesn't respond in game (it works fine for navigating the PS5 UI so it's not the controller). Should work in theory shouldn't it?
  • Gregolution 5 Dec 2020 13:45:03 10,691 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    fk it. I just got an email about a 20 year old paypal account I'd forgotten about being shut down. Miraculously logged in first time and there was 32 quid in it! So I'm plurging on the SteelSeries Wireless 7p jobbies. With the 10% discount code that comes to 113 quid after this enormous windfall :)

Will test them out against the Pulse 3D. YOLO.
  • Scimarad 5 Dec 2020 15:04:36 9,926 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    My PS5 did a weird glitchy reset/lock-up. I booted it up with the controller and then switched the TV on at which point I got a quick flash of a screen full of multicoloured 'noise' at which point it reset and tried to do a recovery on the external drive...at which point it just stuck on a black screen. I turned it off with the power button but disconnected the external drive before turning it back on again. Seems okay now but I think I'll make sure external drive is disconnected before I turn it on in future and then connect it afterward...
  • DakeyrasUK 5 Dec 2020 17:50:31 4,815 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gregolution why the 7p and not the 7x? If design then fair enough, but the 7x are identical to 7p, but can also be used with xb should that feature ever be needed in the future.

Personally I prefer the black/green of the 7x to the 7p's white/blue. So both reasons had me go for the 7x.

Still waiting for delivery 8 day after ordering. Amazon has fucking well and truly spoiled me as more than 8 days seems ridiculous...
  • dominalien 6 Dec 2020 07:37:27 10,216 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Does someone have an HDR projector? After faffing about with cables I connected the PS5 to it in HDR mode and did the setup, but I'm not seeing any colour goodness that'd blow me away. Is HDR less visible on a projector compared to a TV for instance or do I just need new eyes?
  • smemma 6 Dec 2020 07:51:47 780 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @DakeyrasUK I got my 7x yesterday (also took ages as they ship from Denmark) and really impressed so far. Feel and sound like they should cost three times the amount of the Pulse headset, especially after tweaking the EQ a bit. More compact than the Pulse (by quite some margin), much richer, punchier sound and also hugely comfortable.

Only tested on Xbox SX so far as Iím waiting for my PS5 to be replaced, but itís been seamless so far.

Iíve got the dongle set up on a usb switch so I can easily flick them over to work on the PlayStation, and no problems so far. Very pleased!
  • neems 6 Dec 2020 08:09:56 5,183 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @dominalien

From what I can gather, HDR on projectors is... complicated. Do you have any games with HDR calibration? Or even a toggle?
  • dominalien 6 Dec 2020 08:55:14 10,216 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You mean stuff like Demon's or Uncharted 4? I have a bunch I guess, but I haven't particularly been paying attention until now. I'll wait for night, which is not long away these days and have a check once more.
  • dominalien 6 Dec 2020 09:02:25 10,216 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The PS5 has nowhere near enough USB ports. On the back I now have the PSVR thingy and the external HDD, on the front I have the headphone dongle which I already really wish were on the back. Once (if?) my PS4 camera adapter comes I'll need to connect it on the front, which I won't do. Time to look around for inobtrusive USB hubs if those work at all.

Edited by dominalien at 09:26:02 06-12-2020
  • Frogofdoom 6 Dec 2020 09:03:36 17,220 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Sackboy is so much better than the other lbp games.

Its up there with the co op mario games for me.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 09:04:16 06-12-2020
  • neems 6 Dec 2020 09:03:51 5,183 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @dominalien

Ideally something that has an actual picture that changes in real time as you alter stuff eg Ubisoft games often do this. Or if you can easily switch it on and off would be good.

I don't suppose you have Ni No Kuni 2? There's an entire area that basically sears your eyeballs.
  • dominalien 6 Dec 2020 09:17:53 10,216 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    No Ni No Kuni, though I see it's very cheap right now.

It'll be harder now that I have the PS5 connected through the non-HDR PSVR thingy, but I'll play with it some more later today. What area in NNK is that? Can I get the within an hour?
  • BigOrkWaaagh 6 Dec 2020 09:22:36 10,092 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:

I've done about 5-6 levels so far and I agree. The old format had got a bit stale for me to be honest but this new one is great.
  • Flying_Pig 6 Dec 2020 09:24:46 16,822 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:

This. Some of the levels really are exceptional and the proper 2 player co-op levels are brilliantly designed. That said, there's a fair bit of filler and I'd happily fire ZomZom into the sun
  • mothercruncher 6 Dec 2020 09:29:10 18,715 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Definitely giving Sackboy a whirl when it drops in price a bit.
  • dominalien 6 Dec 2020 09:32:01 10,216 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Iím pretty happy how my setup looks now Iíve removed the PS4:

https://ibb.co/XCMzTJy

Minus the hybrid Christmas/Easter/insert random holiday here monstrosity on the right. The external HDD is actually under the console, a bit fortuitous that.

I think Iíll need to set up/remove the PS4 camera before/after use, Iím sure thatíll get old real quick.

Edited by dominalien at 09:33:16 06-12-2020
  • dfunked09 6 Dec 2020 09:34:14 1,451 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 9 months ago
    @dominalien
    Heh, gotta love the gen 8 microservers!

Looks very nice.

Edited by dfunked09 at 09:34:44 06-12-2020
  • Gregolution 6 Dec 2020 11:02:47 10,691 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @DakeyrasUK

Aren't they the same thing? Thought it was just branding? Can't both be used with pc ps Xbox and switch?
  • DakeyrasUK 6 Dec 2020 11:26:04 4,815 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Gregolution apparently not...

Whatís odd, though, is that only the Arctis 7X model works with Xbox consoles ó even though both the 7P and the 7X cost the same. Briefly: Xbox consoles use a different wireless protocol than other systems. As such, the 7Xís dongle has a small switch that you can toggle between ďUSBĒ and ďXboxĒ when you move it between platforms. The 7Pís dongle, however, doesnít have this switch; its only advantage is that the dongle is a little smaller.
    https://www.tomsguide.com/uk/reviews/steelseries-arctis-7p-7x#:~:text=SteelSeries%20Arctis%207P%2F7X%20design&text=The%207P%20has%20blue%20highlights,the%20two%20are%20almost%20identical.&text=The%20right%20earcup%20houses%20a,well%20as%20a%20power%20button.
  • Gregolution 6 Dec 2020 11:41:02 10,691 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @DakeyrasUK

Oh right, I did not realise that! Fair enough, probably should have got the x, but the likelihood of me getting an xbox is so minimal now that all xbox games come out on PC I'm not really that bothered.

Ho hum
  • the_milkybar_kid 6 Dec 2020 11:51:06 8,389 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Downloaded a good chunkn of games yesterday, putting it out of view as its a surprise for the lad for Christmas. Had a quick go on astro and spiderman remastered. If Dec's put the time into the controller... fucking hell its good. Spiderman loaded into game in about 9 seconds as well, crazy.

Fortunately looks / sounds like the unit is one of the better ones. It's almost silent apart from when a disk is in.

Very good initial impressions.
  • Dazimus 6 Dec 2020 12:03:51 1,553 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @smemma Ohhh do you have a link to the USB switch that youíre using? Iím using my headphones plugged into the controllers at the moment but Iíd be happy with a wireless solution that worked across both consoles.
  • MMMarmite 6 Dec 2020 12:22:18 1,637 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    My PS5 did a weird glitchy reset/lock-up. I booted it up with the controller and then switched the TV on at which point I got a quick flash of a screen full of multicoloured 'noise' at which point it reset and tried to do a recovery on the external drive...at which point it just stuck on a black screen. I turned it off with the power button but disconnected the external drive before turning it back on again. Seems okay now but I think I'll make sure external drive is disconnected before I turn it on in future and then connect it afterward...
    Iíve been having similar issues with an external SSD plugged in. Randomly crashes/powers off, when powered back on pops up a screen saying repairing storage, before saying extended storage wasnít ejected correctly and repairing external storage then sits on a black screen. Have to press the power button on the console and then the PS5 shutting down screen displays fine, boots up fine after that.

Also have a weird issue with my USB headset (Logitech G633) plugged into the front of the console, mic input will randomly stop working every so often but using it as a ďdumbĒ headset plugged into the controller it works without fault.

Along with the odd sounding fan thereís either some software bugs with the OS and USB ports or I have a defective digital version.
  • neems 6 Dec 2020 14:34:41 5,183 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @dominalien

One if the first major areas in NNK2 is all golden fields, and every time I would go into battle mode the whole screen would glow yellow, it was actually painful to look at. That was probably a couple of years ago though, might have been patched. Also I have a Sony LCD, so it's very bright.
  • Scimarad 6 Dec 2020 15:01:37 9,926 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I had to laugh when I saw the PS5 splash screen for Fenix Rising. Everyone else just has a nice full screen image for the game but trust Ubisoft to use it as an opportunity to advertise the season pass! I'm surprised it wasn't the same story for Watch Dogs and Valhalla now I come to think of it...
  • smemma 6 Dec 2020 15:09:14 780 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Dazimus https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B01CU4QCRS/ref=cm_sw_r_cp_api_fabc_UppZFbZNZ3JFF?_encoding=UTF8&psc=1

According to amazon thatís the one I bought, but mine looks different (it uses all usb a connectors, not b) but it should work identically. Only thing to note is that to use the 7x on PS5 you also have to flick a switch on the actual dongle too. But itís a pretty minimal inconvenience

Edited by smemma at 15:12:39 06-12-2020
  • smemma 6 Dec 2020 15:09:16 780 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted
  • neems 6 Dec 2020 16:07:11 5,183 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Scimarad wrote:
    I had to laugh when I saw the PS5 splash screen for Fenix Rising. Everyone else just has a nice full screen image for the game but trust Ubisoft to use it as an opportunity to advertise the season pass! I'm surprised it wasn't the same story for Watch Dogs and Valhalla now I come to think of it...
    Yeah I noticed that, a bit rich. I like the game though, not an awful lot of depth but very more-ish.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.