Following PlayStation 5 Page 403

• Wayne 13 Jan 2021 10:37:53 2,316 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Sony have the audacity to be now launching the console in regions like India before they can even manage to get stock the real markets like the UK that they have supposedly launched in already. Bastards. Maybe ensure the current markets can actually have stock before going for a global launch?
    Is that you Paul Nuttall?
  • PazJohnMitch 13 Jan 2021 10:55:21 16,554 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Sony have the audacity to be now launching the console in regions like India before they can even manage to get stock the real markets like the UK that they have supposedly launched in already. Bastards. Maybe ensure the current markets can actually have stock before going for a global launch?
    India is a huge potential growth market. It makes sense to get a foothold into that market.

Also why do you consider Indians to be less worthy of PS5s than you?
  • RyanDS 13 Jan 2021 10:57:21 13,673 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Nice bit of casual racism there.
  • Bichii 13 Jan 2021 11:18:02 4,214 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    :) everyone taking the post like it was serious. But seriously it would be lovely if they could get stock sometime soon. Looking forward to getting my hands on one.

Edit. Plus selectively quoting the first post when the second post makes it even more obvious it wasn't serious.

Edited by Bichii at 11:21:18 13-01-2021
  • muddyyfunster 13 Jan 2021 11:20:11 804 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Post deleted
  • SnackPlissken 13 Jan 2021 11:23:21 2,607 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Why don't you go over there and take them all back like your ancestors?
  • davidfowles 13 Jan 2021 11:44:08 323 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 months ago
    Bichii wrote:
    :) everyone taking the post like it was serious. But seriously it would be lovely if they could get stock sometime soon. Looking forward to getting my hands on one.

Edit. Plus selectively quoting the first post when the second post makes it even more obvious it wasn't serious.
    Er, people quoted the entire post. Thatís not selectively quoting. If you want to do ironic racism on the internet and have people be able to tell it apart from the real stuff, youíll need to finesse it a little more. And then be prepared that people still wonít get it.
  • DaM 13 Jan 2021 11:48:39 17,595 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    A stock update account I follow on Twitter reckons there might be some dropping tonight, on Argos and Smyths.
  • imamazed 13 Jan 2021 11:53:44 6,551 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Define tonight, pls.
  • SolidSCB 13 Jan 2021 12:00:52 14,596 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Historically speaking for PS5 stock, that will be a 5 minute window somewhere between 00:01 tonight and 31st July 2021.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 13 Jan 2021 12:03:37 16,065 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Time to start spamming F5
  • SolidSCB 13 Jan 2021 12:04:39 14,596 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You weren't pressing F5.5? That explains it.
  • papalazar0u 13 Jan 2021 12:08:48 201 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    I do the same.

Iím assuming Sony are holding off until they can deliver millions of units all at once rather than drip feeding stock that would just vanish to scalpers immediately
    I'm really hoping this is the case. It does make perfect sense to negate the scalpers, and effectively make the stock that they hold worth less than retail value (why buy from them at even retail when you can buy with confidence elsewhere).

Otherwise - it will be down to /good timing/luck/fastest reflexes/most reliable internet connection first.
  • TFM_Excalibur 13 Jan 2021 12:11:14 1,710 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Anyone else with one not massively impressed with it?
    The controller is nice but the System OS still feels like itís in beta, Iíve only switched it on 4/5 times since launch
  • SolidSCB 13 Jan 2021 12:13:34 14,596 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The fact they have reshuffled their resources so early into the PS5's life probably suggests they are still struggling behind the scenes to produce them fast enough. Timing has just been unfortunate really, if it had come out the year before it probably would have been way smoother.
  • AceGrace 13 Jan 2021 12:15:38 3,373 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I wonder when the next firmware update is going to land.

I love a good firmware update I does.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 13 Jan 2021 12:16:44 16,065 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    TFM_Excalibur wrote:
    Anyone else with one not massively impressed with it?
    The controller is nice but the System OS still feels like itís in beta, Iíve only switched it on 4/5 times since launch
    Iíll have it if youíre not arsed
  • SolidSCB 13 Jan 2021 12:18:19 14,596 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I love it. But the day they nuke that god-awful store from orbit should be considered for a national holiday or something.
  • TFM_Excalibur 13 Jan 2021 12:19:01 1,710 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe
    Only reason Iíve kept it is Iíve still got my PSVR and sold my pro to fund the 5, Iíve yet to even hook the VR up to it though
  • TFM_Excalibur 13 Jan 2021 12:19:01 1,710 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe
    Only reason Iíve kept it is Iíve still got my PSVR and sold my pro to fund the 5, Iíve yet to even hook the VR up to it though
  • PazJohnMitch 13 Jan 2021 12:25:11 16,554 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    PS5 is clearly a step up from my launch PS4 but it is not exactly a revelation, more of a refinement.
    (Although the dodgy rest mode is a big worry).
  • TommyUnderwear 13 Jan 2021 12:29:18 348 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    PazJohnMitch wrote:
    PS5 is clearly a step up from my launch PS4 but it is not exactly a revelation, more of a refinement.
    (Although the dodgy rest mode is a big worry).
    yeah, games crashing and sending off error reports when you boot back up is a pain in the hole. How many reports do they need? Good thing loading back into games is quick.
  • Decks 13 Jan 2021 12:39:41 28,417 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    What's the dodgy rest mode? I use it all the time and haven't noticed any problems.
  • mwd2000 13 Jan 2021 12:49:45 8 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Bit of drama this morning - my son left the USB dongle for his PS5 Pulse headset next to his PS5 and our dog decided to grab it and chew it up (she seems to have a predilection for USB sticks - she's chewed two cheap memory sticks in the past!).

No biggie we thought - just ring PlayStation UK and to purchase a replacement dongle expecting it to be in the £20 range only to find out they don't sell them and have no way of supplying a replacement.

In fact, the customer rep just put the phone down on us.

So that's a £90 headset down the drain? Are there compatible adaptors out there that would work?

Times like this you wish Major Nelson worked for Sony - is there an equivalent for PlayStation that would take a look at this?
  • PazJohnMitch 13 Jan 2021 12:52:43 16,554 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    What's the dodgy rest mode? I use it all the time and haven't noticed any problems.
    Mine seems to crash if left in rest mode for more than 24 hours.

My Sky Q box seems to crash alongside it most times too. So think it might be caused by a supply power fluctuation.
  • Rogueywon 13 Jan 2021 13:00:56 10,695 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @mwd2000 Suspect you're out of luck. Nintendo got away with worse for years on Wii-U gamepads. You could check eBay and the like to see if anybody's selling a dongle on its own, I guess? Always possible somebody had the headset break while their dongle was just fine.
  • DakeyrasUK 13 Jan 2021 13:11:31 4,815 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ps5 is a lovely machine, have used it loads so far. 20ish hrs on myles morales, 4 on Astros playroom, 6/7 on demon souls, 27hrs on fenyx rising.

Short load times, greatvgraphics capability on those that take advantage of it.

Just need more games, seems like there is to be a dearth of software for it for a good while longer. 1 new game every 2 or 3 months is fairly meh, but is usually the case for a new gene first year.
  • Rogueywon 13 Jan 2021 13:18:49 10,695 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @DakeyrasUK Yeah, a new console and a global pandemic doesn't make for a fast release cycle. But this is where back compatibility and the PS+ collection come into their own.
  • SnackPlissken 13 Jan 2021 13:20:56 2,607 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm seriously impressed with mine. Ghosts of Tsushima and Fallen Order next gen updates have been incredible. Maybe if you play every game that comes out then it doesn't seem as special? I've still got Control Ultimate to look forward to when the next gen update is up and Cyberpunk.
  • mwd2000 13 Jan 2021 13:21:22 8 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Roguewon thanks - yeah, I'll setup an Ebay alert.

Could also sell his current dongle-less headset on Ebay (obviously advertised as such) and buy him a new one.

Just crazy that you can't buy or order a replacement - dongles are so easily lost/broken.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.