PlayStation 5 Page 458

• GumboVariations 22 Feb 2021 18:09:22 187 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    See you guys next week for further adventures of The Whine.
    Did they superceded The Hiss as the baddies in Control?
  • dai_bonehead 22 Feb 2021 18:43:01 536 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Can anyone help me with a query?

We have a ps5 with an adult account on it. A child account was added and PS + activated using that account.

My son has decided he prefers xbox online so I am going to take over the device. I am right in thinking that the playstion + is tied to his account and can only be used by him? Ideally, I want to create a new profile and play online but without forking out for another playstation 5 sub.

Or is it possible (and i think I know the answer) to change the restrictions on the cild account so Ican login and play more mature games online and offline?
  • You-can-call-me-kal 22 Feb 2021 18:45:03 22,783 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You canít change restrictions but you can use an adult account to give the child account permission to play individual games. They have to be connected accounts as a family.
  • dai_bonehead 22 Feb 2021 19:04:16 536 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    You canít change restrictions but you can use an adult account to give the child account permission to play individual games. They have to be connected accounts as a family.
    Yeah I can see that. It is a very frustrating system. I'd rather be in control of what an account can or cannot play. Under the current system, his account is limited to games for 11 year olds. There's no parental choice as things stand.

That is fine but whn I take over the account I'd ideally like to remove the restictions and play online; but I can't do that so I'd have to create a new account. But then I have to purchase PS plus again and we'd also lose the digital key to Spiderman that came with the Mile Morales Ultimate edition.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 22 Feb 2021 19:09:12 22,783 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    You can give him permission to play adult games on an individual basis. There is parental choice. But yes, itís clunky and a bit annoying, although to be fair most use cases where itís annoying are for someone trying to cheat it somehow.
  • Dougs 22 Feb 2021 19:17:00 98,009 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    On the PS4, my son can't use his account to play Fortnite due to his DOB, which I can't change. I wonder if I can get round that now on the PS5? Not that I can ant him screeching to his mates in the living room
  • GumboVariations 22 Feb 2021 19:20:15 187 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Isn't Fortnite one of those games as service things that require an Epic account with an age?
  • BigOrkWaaagh 22 Feb 2021 19:21:43 10,233 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    dai_bonehead wrote:
    Can anyone help me with a query?

We have a ps5 with an adult account on it. A child account was added and PS + activated using that account.

My son has decided he prefers xbox online so I am going to take over the device. I am right in thinking that the playstion + is tied to his account and can only be used by him? Ideally, I want to create a new profile and play online but without forking out for another playstation 5 sub
    You can do exactly this, you just have to keep the old account on the device. PS+ is tied to the original account but other people on that account's main PS4/5 can also enjoy the benefits. That is, they can go online and play PS+ games 'owned' by the account with PS+. Then when PS+ runs out for him you can activate it on your new account, but I suppose you'd lose access to any games redeemed during that time.
  • Dougs 22 Feb 2021 19:23:23 98,009 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    GumboVariations wrote:
    Isn't Fortnite one of those games as service things that require an Epic account with an age?
    Yeah, not sure if it's the epic account or PSN that's causing the issue. As I say, I've not really tried that hard to solve it as he hogs the telly as it is
  • GumboVariations 22 Feb 2021 19:56:58 187 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    A Daily Mail style "my child died by building a shed and danced off the roof" headline probably isn't on the menu at Epic Towers, so I'd imagine both accounts block it.
  • Decks 22 Feb 2021 22:34:33 28,847 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Enjoying Immortals quite a bit. Yes it's a shameless rip off of Zelda but it also does a few things better, mainly the very good combat and the removal of some of the more irritating aspects. It's really fucking pretty too, just a nice place to explore. Just the type of game I need at the minute.
  • Dougs 22 Feb 2021 22:47:57 98,009 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Astrobot is doing that for the at the moment. Joyous. Late to the party of course, but it is exceptional
  • Decks 22 Feb 2021 22:57:15 28,847 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Definitely pick up Sackboy to play through with the kids once you get another pad, it's really good.
  • MasterOfSpin 22 Feb 2021 23:08:25 18 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 week ago
    I'm beginning to worry I have no soul - I can't stand Astrobot. Everything about it annoys me.
  • Armoured_Bear 22 Feb 2021 23:18:19 29,798 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    MasterOfSpin wrote:
    I'm beginning to worry I have no soul - I can't stand Astrobot. Everything about it annoys me.
    As a controller demo it's awesome, it's just if you've played Mario 3d games then you've seen exactly the same gameplay before. A great and cute controller demo though.
  • Armoured_Bear 22 Feb 2021 23:19:40 29,798 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Man they need to sort out the Playstation Store, it's fine until I'm downloading a game then slows to a ridiculous crawl.
  • DakeyrasUK 22 Feb 2021 23:20:50 4,920 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Whaaaaa?

Go and get an exorcism or have a seance to try and buy your soul back!

Have to say I am loving ghost of tsushima! 24 hrs in now, and have begun act 2 by going back to the south island and have begun to remove the remaining fog of war (still had half of the south island unexplored. Have just now unlocked the 4th stance.

Have to say the game is probably the most beautiful game I have played. The art direction is stunning.
  • Armoured_Bear 22 Feb 2021 23:34:30 29,798 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I'm deffo getting Ghost of Tsushima next time on sale, definitely fancy some 60fps goodness.
  • DakeyrasUK 22 Feb 2021 23:38:35 4,920 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I prefer the resolution mode... just looks breathtaking when you stop to take in the light filtering through the valley etc. Then you enter photo mode and spend 5 mins fucking around creating an animated camera track and who needs 60fps for that?

When in combat I dont notice the resolution of the frame rate, just who is next to die!
  • Decks 22 Feb 2021 23:42:09 28,847 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    It's the same resolution in 60fps mode on PS5.
  • richyroo 22 Feb 2021 23:45:13 517 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DakeyrasUK

You do realise that performance mode in GOT is 4k60 and has all the detail of the resolution mode? There is NO benefit of the resolution mode at all, the names of the modes have been inherited from the PS4 which is slightly confusing.

On PS5 there is NO reason to choose the resolution mode at all. The only difference is 30fps vs 60fps

Edited by richyroo at 23:47:11 22-02-2021
  • spookyxelectric 22 Feb 2021 23:45:58 368 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I own GoT, but I finished it back on PS4 Pro, and it isn't old enough for me to want to replay it. So I haven't installed it on my PS5. But are the 4K resolution mode and the 60fps performance mode not one and the same on PS5? I thought that was the entire point of these PS5 updates. Same with GoW and DG.
  • Decks 22 Feb 2021 23:48:42 28,847 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The patched it but there's still 2 options, resolution mode caps it at 30 fps, performance mode at 60fps. Both run at 4k so there's literally no reason to use resolution mode.
  • DakeyrasUK 22 Feb 2021 23:52:08 4,920 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Well woopsy daisy! Thanks for the info, will change it over tomorrow!
  • BigOrkWaaagh 23 Feb 2021 07:13:49 10,233 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm pretty sure you guys have this backwards. I just finished Tsushima on PS5, I played in resolution mode the whole time and it was clearly 60fps. Switching to framerate mode noticeably knocked the resolution down even in the menu where you choose the option and still ran at 60.
  • monkman76 23 Feb 2021 07:17:49 18,034 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah I thought GoT had its resolution mode boosted to 60fps, rather than performance mode boosted to 4K. Same with God of War.
  • Decks 23 Feb 2021 07:34:31 28,847 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah you might be right but either way he should be playing at 60fps.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 23 Feb 2021 07:42:28 22,783 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Yes, itís performance mode thatís now pointless.
  • Darren 23 Feb 2021 08:02:51 9,618 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    GumboVariations wrote:
    @Darren Have Doom Eternal running form a 5,400rpm external 4TB Seagate, haven't notice anything like that.
    The slowdown is far more noticeable than the relatively minor graphical glitching that mostly occurs in the background scenery, which I only spotted during one of the game's rare quieter moments and I was checking out the visuals as I rotated the camera.

I know PS4 emulation on the PS4 is not guaranteed to be 100% perfect so I just assumed both of these were minor issues that would eventually be fixed in a patch. As I said, I never played this game on my PS4 Pro so I have no way of knowing if these issues existed on that platform as well and it's just how the game is.

Thanks for replying though.
  • SolidSCB 23 Feb 2021 08:27:28 14,913 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Enjoying Immortals quite a bit. Yes it's a shameless rip off of Zelda but it also does a few things better, mainly the very good combat and the removal of some of the more irritating aspects. It's really fucking pretty too, just a nice place to explore. Just the type of game I need at the minute.
    Yeah it's been the sleeper hit of the PS5 era for me this one. Took a bit of a punt going for it on release at full price but it's been well worth it. I'm sure they will now ruin it with a sequel that turns all the bullshit Ubisoft stuff up to 11.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.