PlayStation 5 Page 558

• spookyxelectric 14 Jun 2021 21:28:45 595 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I haven't picked it up yet, but Resident Evil Village was really well received.
  • Kay 14 Jun 2021 22:02:59 21,290 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @cjb_bjc Play through Astro first, and get all the collectables. It's marvellous.
  • Killerbee 14 Jun 2021 22:46:11 5,232 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    @cjb_bjc

Definitely Astroís Playroom first. Itís fantastic and really shows off the DualSense controller.

Immortals Fenyx Rising is a great game thatís really cheap. Ubisoft open world template but without the bloat. Not a next gen exclusive though.

Demonís Souls, Returnal and Ratchet if you want the shiny graphics to make you feel all next gen.

Definitely get on PS+ if youíre not already subbed - the PS+ collection of PS4 games has some top titles, and Sony have been doing pretty well with the monthly freebies too.

Enjoy it!
  • Worlds_ 15 Jun 2021 15:39:14 137 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Just to go back to the Xbox convo, even though I can trade a PS4 in, I think I'd only want a Series X, so that it's full fat, 4k, making use of my beautiful OLED TV.

Gone and bloody impulse bought a Switch Lite for £185 off Amazon, arrived today. That's how dull life is on PS5 at the moment, for me (not a Rachet fan). If a Pro gets announced, I can always send it back but £185 is good for a little cute handheld!
  • Armoured_Bear 15 Jun 2021 21:01:13 31,138 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Download speeds are great now, I just download the Kill Chaos thingy (11GB) in 2 mins.
    Nice.
  • Stan546 15 Jun 2021 21:26:38 1,335 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Worlds_ I was the same, but that trade in deal couple of weeks ago was so good I took the plunge as a temporary measure while Series X get back in stock.

Very glad I did it now, the better framerates and snappy cpu are simply brilliant compared to my OG one.

Edited by Stan546 at 21:27:17 15-06-2021
  • dominalien 15 Jun 2021 21:31:16 10,661 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    There actually is an xbox thread you know.
  • IronGiant 15 Jun 2021 22:28:21 6,336 posts
    Seen 18 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Ah bless heís trying his best.
  • Stan546 15 Jun 2021 23:08:18 1,335 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @dominalien Yeah, but the kool kids all hang out here.
  • Akuma 16 Jun 2021 15:42:54 3 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Out of interest has anyone else had their pre-order of the new Dualsense controller colours cancelled by thegamecollection.co.uk?
  • deez 16 Jun 2021 21:45:24 372 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Just to balance things out, I have a series X and find it a totally disappointing step up given there are zero new gen games, and none on the horizon until xmas. That's one-year with zero games. I had pretty serious buyers remorse.

Don't get me wrong, game pass is great, but it was identical in the previous console.

I'd rather a PS5, but I'll get both when it's possible...
  • spookyxelectric 17 Jun 2021 14:13:22 595 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I err, yeah. Agree with deez nuts!

I've had a PS5 since maybe a day or two after launch. I was feeling a bit bored with the slow stream of exclusives, so I started thinking about getting a Series X since it had been awhile since I last had an Xbox One X. Managed to get one about a month ago, and honestly it just made me appreciate the PS5 I already had more. If you think PS5 is just a PS4 Pro Pro, and for awhile I felt the same, that's genuinely what the Series X is. It's nice having Gears, Forza and GamePass again, but all of that was available on the One.

Buy a Series X is there are first party IPs you're interested in, or if you want to save money through GamePass, or if you enjoyed this year's E3 showcase. But if you're bored of playing last gen games on your PS5, the situation's much worse on the Series consoles.
  • mothercruncher 17 Jun 2021 14:46:14 19,416 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Agreed- the Series consoles are next gen hardware with bugger all software. My whelm is undered. At least the PS5 offers a genuine generational leap.
  • InfiniteDan 17 Jun 2021 14:55:38 142 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Yeah but we're getting a fridge.
  • DakeyrasUK 17 Jun 2021 15:06:21 5,305 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This is why I'm not interested in a getting a series x for at least 18 months. Not one truly next gen experience to be had. Sure next gen upgrades are very good (Ghost of Tsushima being the main one I have had on ps5) but whilst I have ps4 games to play on ps5 and a 1x to (not have the time to) play gamepass games I'm not about to drop hundreds to add to the back log.

I will get a series x, but only when series x games are either exclusive or I cannotnhacknloading times anymore and gamepass games become impossible to ignore (which for me will be a lot more than horizon 5 and halo).
  • nickthegun 17 Jun 2021 15:09:55 87,514 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    They are just as worthless as each other. PS5 has a few expensive exclusive games which is balanced out by the Xbox having infinite old games available on game pass.

They were just as pointless to buy before next christmas as each other.
  • Rum_Monkey 17 Jun 2021 15:13:53 3,335 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm still not sure what the newer Xbox is even called. They've really fucked up the naming system since the 360.
  • mothercruncher 17 Jun 2021 16:40:26 19,416 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    One console is definitely better if you want to play games that feel like a generational shift, the other better if you want to play through fíin loads of stuff youíve probably already looked at but at a higher framerate.
  • JamboWayOh 17 Jun 2021 16:46:48 24,972 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    They are just as worthless as each other. PS5 has a few expensive exclusive games which is balanced out by the Xbox having infinite old games available on game pass.

They were just as pointless to buy before next christmas as each other.
    Strongly agree. In time Xbox will have its own next gen exclusives and this merry go round will continue to go round and round. In all honesty it would have been better to release the consoles this year.
  • Decks 17 Jun 2021 16:54:20 30,855 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Not sure why you would lump PS5 in with the Xbox. It actually has real no fooling new games to play on it.
  • JamboWayOh 17 Jun 2021 16:57:39 24,972 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    No fooling, mister?!
  • davidfowles 17 Jun 2021 17:01:56 502 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    E3 made it look like 2022 will be the time to covet a Series X. But I guess Sonyíll be showing of THEIR 2022 exclusives soon, soÖ

Iíd actually consider a new Xbox to play Bethesda games with access to all the mods PlayStation was denied by Sony policy.
  • Awimbawe 17 Jun 2021 17:04:09 694 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Quick question about psn downloads. Thanks to some beers, I bought the new Guilty Gear on a whim and downloaded it. Is it still elegible for a refund if it's just been downloaded and not played ?
  • Derblington 17 Jun 2021 17:06:42 35,099 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I think it's probably a toss-up depending on how friendly the person you speak to s. In general refunds from Sony are a ball-ache.

Or anything that isn't giving them money, basically.
  • Awimbawe 17 Jun 2021 17:13:09 694 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Yep that's what I figured after a quick search. I thought they might have gotten a little more refund friendly, espcially as I haven't even played /
    launched the game yet.

I'm not sure I can be arsed pleading my case to someone ( that quite rightfully ) probably can't give a shit.

Time to get into fighting games again and try to put up with some anime.

Edited by Awimbawe at 17:13:40 17-06-2021
  • Pierre2k 17 Jun 2021 18:24:55 1,451 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I'm still n no rush to get a Series X because I already have a One X, and snagged a PS5 at launch. However, both are absolutely dire in terms of next gen exclusives just now.

The Series X has effectively nothing next gen, but lots of nice enhancements to older games. The PS5 has some enhanced games, and a couple of bona fide exclusives, but they are few and far between.

I look back fondly on my time completing Demon's Souls now, but it is ultimately a remake of a PS3 game (looked stunning though). Spiderman is not far off just an enhanced last gen game, though the ray tracing was very nice. We now have Ratchet & Clank, and the sublime Astro's playroom, but that's hardly a killer blow. What else is there that's a new, original, next gen game...?

Pretty disappointed with both machines. Thought the MS E3 conference was decent, but most of that content is way in the future. Don't see loads on the immediate horizon for PS5 either.

Edit: forgot, there is also Returnal. Not played yet, but I take that as being basically 3 legit next gen games.

Edited by Pierre2k at 18:27:19 17-06-2021
  • ibenam 17 Jun 2021 18:30:11 3,496 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Anybody want to sell me their shitty ps5? :p
  • JamboWayOh 17 Jun 2021 18:34:26 24,972 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Me too. Can't buy shit round these parts apart from the Series S I imported from the Spanish Microsoft store. Guess I'll try in England when I visit in the summer. I'll even take Ecosse's LOUD ps5.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 18:35:56 17-06-2021
  • Killerbee 17 Jun 2021 18:45:51 5,232 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 20 years ago
    Having just got a Series S to go alongside my PS5, itís a tidy little console but not nearly as next gen-feeling as Sonyís offer.

The UI is a lot flatter and plain to look at - no 4K sparkles to make you feel special and it lacks the whole screen those ďcardsĒ that pop up when you go to select a game on PS5. Itís just a plain game icon. Itís not bad, just underwhelming.

The controller is very plasticky and feels cheap compared to the DualSense. Buttons and triggers arenít so nicely weighted. I prefer an in-built battery to AAs. And the control sticks are the wrong way around obviously. ;)

Sure, a lot of that is subjective, but then there are little niggles too, like how plugging a headset into the controller socket doesnít automatically cut the sound going to the TV - so you have to mute or turn the volume down - are just silly omissions.

Achievement notifications pop up in the centre bottom of the screen, usually covering up any subtitles or other useful in-game information you need to see. Itís just needlessly wrong.

The main selling point is 100% Gamepass. I never had an Xbox One so thereís actually a load of old stuff Iíve not played. Itís tremendous value for money to the point that I doubt Iíll need to buy a game for it.

Iím glad to have it for Gamepass, but itís definitely a second console to the PS5 and I donít think having a Series X instead would have changed that. Anything I actually buy will be for Sonyís machine.

Edited by Killerbee at 18:47:54 17-06-2021
  • JamboWayOh 17 Jun 2021 18:54:43 24,972 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    The Xbox controller is plasticky and feels cheap?! Ok glad we're going full hyperbolic today.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.