Following PlayStation 5 Page 322

• Worlds 21 Nov 2020 13:32:11 217 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Horizontal is ugly but I just canít put it vertical next to the TV. It becomes a central focal point in the room, as in, I have a pretty cool living room but with it vertically it stands out like a sore thumb. First thing you spot when you walk in. Itís looks like one of the biggest things in the room when vertical, even though it is. Surprised Sony themselves said and thought they want it to be a centrepiece of a room.

Also, annoyingly, itís a darker white than my TV unit and wall. Doesnít look right sat on top.

Edited by Worlds at 13:33:15 21-11-2020
  • Worlds 21 Nov 2020 13:41:27 217 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Good news. VRR coming:
    https://www.videogameschronicle.com/news/sony-confirms-it-will-add-a-key-xbox-series-x-visual-feature-to-ps5/

Edited by Worlds at 13:41:47 21-11-2020
  • Gregolution 21 Nov 2020 13:41:56 10,535 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Derblington

Have you played with Dynamic EQ setting on the Denon since getting your PS5? I'm messing about and hearing some very interesting results. I think it's messing up sound in some games, sounds much better with it off.
  • Derblington 21 Nov 2020 14:03:39 34,293 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Gregolution
    No sir. I went straight for Dolby surround and havenít touched anything else - basically just copied my PS4 set-up. Had no issues anywhere so far.

Iíve just checked and it is on. I might have a play with it.
  • Jubilee64 21 Nov 2020 14:14:37 32 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    First hard lock today, happened buying a skill in Miles Morales, instant it should have unlocked everything froze requiring database rebuild. Was in the menu at the time, so hopefully just a bug and not hardware related.
  • SolidSCB 21 Nov 2020 14:19:37 13,968 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've had a few crashes and they all seem to have been tied initially to me booting a game through one of the cards.
  • KD 21 Nov 2020 14:28:48 3,084 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I didn't attach a usb drive, used a lan cable and I start and close games every time from the game icon and not had any issues so far. Mostly playing Astro, Black Ops and PS4 games, I decided to wait on Spiderman after seeing the issues.

Never used rest mode as well.

Edited by KD at 14:29:45 21-11-2020
  • b-rk 21 Nov 2020 14:30:34 1,581 posts
    Seen 60 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    gt sport doesn't give the option to change from performance mode for some reason. :/ hm.
  • myiagros 21 Nov 2020 14:39:50 1,446 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Got up the courage to plug in my external usb drive with all my PS4 games and I've found something a bit odd.

Like lots of people I own quite a lot of games both on disc, and then again digitally courtesy of PlayStation Plus.
    Almost all of these games I have only ever played from the disc, but added them to my library anyway.

About 50/50 these games now say im 'Eligible' play from the external without now needing to put the disc in, but won't actually start without it.

E.g. God of War & Crash N-Sane Trilogy say I'm 'Eligible' without the disc inserted, but Days Gone & Hollow Knight don't and want be to re-download.

None of them appear to run without the disc, but it's weird that it's inconsistent. I think it might be related to physical and digital having different SKUs for some games but not others?

I might do a test with a small game that won't run without the disc later to see what happens if I download it too. I suspect you might get similar behaviour to when people have had PS4 & PS5 versions of the same game installed.

It would be nice if it could start the game installed from disc using the digital licence, but I think that has been the case forever.

Edited by myiagros at 15:06:19 21-11-2020
  • Mark1412 21 Nov 2020 14:40:28 1,865 posts
    Seen 3 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Spent last night and most of today playing Astro and Demon's Souls and the whole experience has been brilliant. Love the controller, the UI's great and both games look and sounds incredible. Spent more time looking at Demon's Souls than actually playing it.
  • TheyreAllDeadDave 21 Nov 2020 14:41:59 79 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Anyone still struggling to get watch Dogs Legion PS5 version with a PS4 disc then the way around it is to make a Turkish account and that will allow you to start downloading it and play on your normal account. May work for AC:Valhalla too but haven't got it to test.
  • Stan546 21 Nov 2020 14:53:12 1,265 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone spotted any good black Friday deals on PSN? Last of Us 2 seems the best thing, still got the remaster to finish, but once that's done then I'll move straight onto the 2nd
  • JoelStinty 21 Nov 2020 14:58:38 9,116 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Still havnít received a tracking number from Game. Will probably be the first and last time I ever buy something online from them. Seems there quite a few people in that same boat through. Annoying as it looks like people who ordered residual stock left on Thursday have got theirs already.
  • Dougs 21 Nov 2020 15:19:51 96,721 posts
    Seen 40 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Shambles.
  • Jubilee64 21 Nov 2020 15:21:46 32 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Still havnít received a tracking number from Game. Will probably be the first and last time I ever buy something online from them. Seems there quite a few people in that same boat through. Annoying as it looks like people who ordered residual stock left on Thursday have got theirs already.
    I know most retailers have their issues, but Game are especially rotten, haven't used them for years after they refused to take faulty returns.
  • dfunked09 21 Nov 2020 15:33:21 1,028 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Having fun with it today... Randomly powered off again after turning on and booting to the dash (after a full power down, not rest mode)
    External storage was in a bit of a sorry state after that and is now refusing to download a patch. Decided to forget about that for now and unplugged it and carried on playing Spidey, but now that's soft crashed twice on the same gang hideout :(
  • Daeltaja 21 Nov 2020 15:36:12 1,922 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Funny how the two remaining brick and mortar retailers couldn't get it right. Game and GameStop (Ireland) both fucked up royally and probably put the final nails in their own coffins.
  • SolidSCB 21 Nov 2020 15:51:16 13,968 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'm quite enjoying Godfall. It's nothing extra special but the combat is nice and weighty and it's the perfect tonic in between sessions of being leathered on Demon's Souls. Scratching the loot itch up to now as well.
  • eshy76 21 Nov 2020 15:56:36 201 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Very impressed after a couple of days with the PS5...the controller is incredible, sound is punchy, graphics look great and the UI is mostly slick, with I'm sure a ton of updates to come.

I have an external HDD with 240 PS4 games on it attached and have been using Rest Mode from day 1...thankfully zero issues so far.

Only crashes I've experienced is Dirt 5 when I've finished outside the top 3...sometimes the game freezes in that scenario after the race...but with the ultra quick loading times, closing the game and rebooting is almost no bother...it seems more like a game glitch than a PS5 one.

Highlights so far are Astro, of course, Spidey MM''s super slickness, big dumb racing in Dirt 5 and marvelling at some PS4 games running at a locked 60 FPS, like Infamous Second Son.

Super happy with the console so far!
  • joeymoto108 21 Nov 2020 15:59:16 741 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Stan546 wrote:
    Anyone spotted any good black Friday deals on PSN? Last of Us 2 seems the best thing, still got the remaster to finish, but once that's done then I'll move straight onto the 2nd
    Hitman 2 Gold Edition is only 17 quid, normally 80 quid at full RRP. Picked it up for the inevitable lull after I finish my PS5 games.
  • Ultrasoundwave 21 Nov 2020 16:04:21 6,219 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    I'm quite enjoying Godfall. It's nothing extra special but the combat is nice and weighty and it's the perfect tonic in between sessions of being leathered on Demon's Souls. Scratching the loot itch up to now as well.
    The reviews have put me right off it but itís on my ďpick it up when itís cheapĒ list.

Saying that, itís probably a shoe-in for being a future PS Plus game, so might just wait for that.
  • SolidSCB 21 Nov 2020 16:19:42 13,968 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I'd have money on it being one of the first proper PS+ games this gen down the line.

Nice dumb fun and not bad to look at either.
  • Rogueywon 21 Nov 2020 16:21:05 10,178 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Had a few problems today. The front USB port stopped working entirely, until I did a restart. Then Demon's Souls froze on the loading screen and wouldn't load until another restart.

Kinda get the feeling this console was a couple of firmware updates short of ready.
  • JoelStinty 21 Nov 2020 16:21:28 9,116 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Daeltaja wrote:
    JoelStinty wrote:
    Funny how the two remaining brick and mortar retailers couldn't get it right. Game and GameStop (Ireland) both fucked up royally and probably put the final nails in their own coffins.
    Yeah from the biggest game retailer I expected better. Can understand delivery drivers being overwhelmed but it seems the measures in place for online stock seem antiquated at game and they didnít really put in place anything to make sure all orders got out of the door.

Anyway fingers crossed for Monday. Got Tuesday and Wednesday off work so will have my fun then.
  • Ultrasoundwave 21 Nov 2020 16:27:11 6,219 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    I'd have money on it being one of the first proper PS+ games this gen down the line.

Nice dumb fun and not bad to look at either.
    I can easily see Godfall and Sackboy both on PS plus within 12 months, which is why Iíve held off on both.

Will actually be quite curious to see what Decembers PS plus game will be for the PS5, would have to assume another indie title at this point, or maybe something like Observer or WRC 9?
  • Rogueywon 21 Nov 2020 16:30:46 10,178 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Ultrasoundwave I wouldn't count on a title at that level for December. It was around 18 months into the PS4's lifespan before anything approaching a full-priced game showed up on PS+. I'd figure on them having a few bigger indie titles lined up.
  • SolidSCB 21 Nov 2020 16:43:00 13,968 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    The fact they've made such a song and dance over Destruction Allstars being on there in a few months suggests we shouldn't expect too much too soon. Be a year at least before any of this launch stuff goes on.
  • richardiox 21 Nov 2020 16:47:23 9,176 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    For those looked to pick something up in the PSN sale, Borderlands 3 is £16 and looks amazing with the PS5 patch (4K60 too) and better still it makes great use of the haptic triggers. Given how many guns there are it's great to see the variety reflected in the feel of the triggers.

Can't wait for the family to get to bed. Had some terrible timing, 2 year old going through teething the same weeks I get a Series X and PS5... every half hour he's up screaming....whyyyyyyy meeeeee
  • Worlds 21 Nov 2020 16:54:29 217 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    WRC9 is giving me huge enjoyment and fun.

Anyone else with an LG OLED feel that some areas are a little dark? Or the whites are bright and darks... dark.

It looks bloody gorgeous but some tracks have the above effect.
  • TommyUnderwear 21 Nov 2020 16:57:59 341 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Question for people using headphones. I have the Astro a50 for my Xbox and was gonna just get the PS4 base station to use with the os5 but saw that using the hdmi pass through will negate being able to use 120hz at 4k which is what I will want to do as I will be playing warzone and black ops with friends. I saw the new steelseries arctis 7P which were designed to work with tempest engine. Anyone use the original arctis 7. You you recommend?
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.