Following PlayStation 5 Page 324

• monkman76 21 Nov 2020 20:47:57 17,299 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    See I can never be bothered to get the wheel out these days. It's stuck in the cupboard, then I need to get a chair out too. Haptics for the easy life win.
  • Gregolution 21 Nov 2020 20:50:17 10,535 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    @Decks Get WRC9 and tell me if I need to get it.

I'm annoyed I bought dirt 5
  • TommyUnderwear 21 Nov 2020 21:13:27 341 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Abarth_71 quick question on the sound quality of the 7P headset? They good enough to recommend and can you see/hear the difference in the tempest 3 audio. Seriously considering buying them but havenít seen any info on how they play with the PS5.
  • Your-Mother 21 Nov 2020 21:16:39 5,442 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Haptics in NBA 2K21 are fantastic as well, for those wanting games to demo features. Looks fantastic too. I can finally be LeJohn Brames.
  • Your-Mother 21 Nov 2020 21:18:11 5,442 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    TommyUnderwear wrote:
    @Abarth_71 quick question on the sound quality of the 7P headset? They good enough to recommend and can you see/hear the difference in the tempest 3 audio. Seriously considering buying them but havenít seen any info on how they play with the PS5.
    I have the standard 7, which is exactly the same but with a different dongle. They sound terrific and the tempest sound works really well. Iíd recommend them easily over even the platinum headset.
  • Scimarad 21 Nov 2020 21:25:42 9,892 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I'm way too into that GPU song:)
  • Gruff 21 Nov 2020 21:26:04 3,722 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    JoelStinty wrote:

Anyway fingers crossed for Monday. Got Tuesday and Wednesday off work so will have my fun then.
    Best of luck, mine came on Friday with Shopto, that was frustrating enough. Rest assured, its worth the wait JS
  • spookyxelectric 21 Nov 2020 21:31:02 276 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Mine came in a few hours ago!
    It's a chonky boi, isn't it?

Was having the database is corrupt issue while trying to redeem the PS Plus Collection titles while installing Miles Morales off disc. Happened about three or four times before I decided to just stop redeeming them.

Played a bit of Astro's Playroom, which is just lovely.

After that, went back and redeemed the rest of the Plus Collection, and all proceeded without issue, so I've decided to try not to make the PS5 do multiple things at once.

Now currently installing Valhalla off disc, then will give Miles a go once that's completed.

Oh yeah, the controller? Fantastic. Rumble is great, triggers feel nice, and the controller just feels good in the hand.

So first PS5 impressions overall are excellent.
  • joeymoto108 21 Nov 2020 21:43:09 741 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Got into the second hub world on Sackboy. This is very very good, isnít it? I reckon if this was a Nintendo title everyone would be raving about this. Gotta be one of the best platformers of the last ten years.
  • Gruff 21 Nov 2020 21:43:42 3,722 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Seems like Miles Morales is responsible for a lot of woes, I don't have it and not had a single issue so far (Jinx), and that's with a bunch of PS4 games installed on extended storage as well.

C'mon Joey, my wallet is already weeping :)

Edited by Gruff at 21:45:05 21-11-2020
  • theiceman 21 Nov 2020 21:54:51 213 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Gruff wrote:
    Seems like Miles Morales is responsible for a lot of woes, I don't have it and not had a single issue so far (Jinx), and that's with a bunch of PS4 games installed on extended storage as well.

C'mon Joey, my wallet is already weeping :)
    I have been playing Miles since thursday with no issues at all. Sometimes it is the luck of the draw. I can put my ps5 into standby with Miles on pause with no issues. Same as Demon's souls,no issues but DS is hard but gorgeous like the wife lol.
  • Abarth_71 21 Nov 2020 21:55:47 19 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @TommyUnderwear Still waiting for my PS5 to be delivered. They'll work with Tempest but I'm impressed with them so far on the PS4.
  • SolidSCB 21 Nov 2020 21:58:58 13,968 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Only thing that's stopping me is that I'd still want to use the wheel. I've been very close to getting it though. I take it it's 60fps?
    60fps yeah. I wouldn't put it down as much of a looker (still better than PS4 stuff mind), Dirt 5 is the prettier game but WRC's haptics/triggers are something else and the game itself is really good.
  • TommyUnderwear 21 Nov 2020 22:06:07 341 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Abarth_71 nice one.
  • TommyUnderwear 21 Nov 2020 22:07:09 341 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Your-Mother Iíll make a purchase so this week. Have a 10% off voucher but will see what the black Friday sales bring.
  • JoelStinty 21 Nov 2020 22:07:10 9,116 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    WRC is really tempting at price, seems to be getting good word of mouth. Think I will buy it next week on payday for sure (and you know if the consoles ever turns up)
  • Bezza09 21 Nov 2020 22:10:25 31 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Evening. Is Spiderman Remastered PS5 worth a purchase if you've played it on PS4 (Pro) - tempted by it but concerned 8m not going to see much of a difference.....
  • mikew1985 21 Nov 2020 22:32:04 15,065 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    It's the same game you already played with marginally improved visuals. Only you know if ray tracing/60fps is enough to keep you going.

The original already looked great and played great on ps4 I personally would not imagine its worth double dipping.

Edited by mikew1985 at 22:32:28 21-11-2020
  • SolidSCB 21 Nov 2020 22:36:16 13,968 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    People who have the Pulse, it seems like the sound mixing is heavily favoured towards game chat initially. I've just used the rocker to move the sound all the way across to game audio (it's not just an either/or setting which I misunderstood. It's completely changed it again for me. Playing Demon's Souls and it's absolutely overwhelming to me on full volume.
  • Worlds 21 Nov 2020 22:55:25 217 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Random one for anyone on WRC (might be worth making a separate thread) but Iím currently sat at 27th in the world for time on: Neste Rally Finland (Ouninpohja Reverse).

05í52í669

Would be interesting to hear your times.
  • DFawkes 21 Nov 2020 22:59:55 32,690 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I impulse bought WRC9 this fine evening, as that price was too tempting. I'm not a massive rally game fan in general, but I'm really enjoying it so far. They really put some effort into making the Career Mode more than just a string of races (though there is a mode that does that if you prefer) that I can see me sticking with. I suck at it, but the difficulty settings are broad enough to suit even my terrible driving skills.

The handling is great too and the DualSense stuff is lovely. Nothing revolutionary or anything, but it's nice enough that I already can't imagine it not being there.
  • Bichii 21 Nov 2020 23:01:15 3,856 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    How's battery life Vs ds4?
  • IronGiant 21 Nov 2020 23:11:35 6,196 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    SolidSCB wrote:
    People who have the Pulse, it seems like the sound mixing is heavily favoured towards game chat initially. I've just used the rocker to move the sound all the way across to game audio (it's not just an either/or setting which I misunderstood. It's completely changed it again for me. Playing Demon's Souls and it's absolutely overwhelming to me on full volume.
    Damn, Iíve gone from cancelling my order to wanting it again LOL. When you say overwhelming do you mean in a good way? I had high hopes for these headphones, sold my PS4 ones.
  • Flying_Pig 21 Nov 2020 23:15:01 16,788 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    joeymoto108 wrote:
    Got into the second hub world on Sackboy. This is very very good, isnít it? I reckon if this was a Nintendo title everyone would be raving about this. Gotta be one of the best platformers of the last ten years.
    I'm just a few levels behind you (but am getting all of the collectables on a level before moving on) - it is lovely; very imaginative with lots of variation between levels and looks brilliant.

Personally I don't rate it quite as highly as something like Mario Odyssey, but its head and shoulders above the previous Sackboy games
  • greenmekon 21 Nov 2020 23:19:31 570 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Wrc9 is ace for the money and a very enjoyable racer, great use of feedback on the controller
  • SolidSCB 21 Nov 2020 23:21:25 13,968 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    IronGiant wrote:
    SolidSCB wrote:
    Damn, Iíve gone from cancelling my order to wanting it again LOL. When you say overwhelming do you mean in a good way? I had high hopes for these headphones, sold my PS4 ones.
    Honestly, I had to turn it down. It was making my heart go ten to the dozen hearing a dragon swooshing around above me raining flames down on the ground. The level of direction and impact coming through the speakers felt almost physical.
  • neems 21 Nov 2020 23:36:02 5,133 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Worlds wrote:
    Random one for anyone on WRC (might be worth making a separate thread) but Iím currently sat at 27th in the world for time on: Neste Rally Finland (Ouninpohja Reverse).

05í52í669

Would be interesting to hear your times.
    After my second go, I am second in the world :-)

5'26"432 Lots of time in there though.
  • Worlds 21 Nov 2020 23:38:10 217 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    @neems haha, brilliant. I thought it was odd that I went up that high. Iíll give it another go and try beat ya.
  • Worlds 21 Nov 2020 23:40:10 217 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Oh shit, just realised about the car part.... yeah I was in a Junior WRC, Ford Fiesta R2 (Jon Armstrong)
  • uiruki 21 Nov 2020 23:46:05 5,493 posts
    Seen 59 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Got an alert saying someone had beaten my time on an Astro Bot time trial. I clicked the button and five secons later it was counting me down to start - that's the kind of thing they need to be pushing. The only other game I can think of that loads that fast into an actual game is the PC version of Tales of Cold Steel when they added the command line option to load the last save and skip all the menus etc.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.