Following PlayStation 5 Page 325

• neems 21 Nov 2020 23:50:32 5,133 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    neems wrote:
    Worlds wrote:
    Random one for anyone on WRC (might be worth making a separate thread) but Iím currently sat at 27th in the world for time on: Neste Rally Finland (Ouninpohja Reverse).

05í52í669

Would be interesting to hear your times.
    After my second go, I am second in the world :-)

5'26"432 Lots of time in there though.
    1st. 5'18" 112

Great track, gonna give it a rest for now though as my heart can't take it.
  • Immaterial 21 Nov 2020 23:52:22 2,460 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Side bonus to having a PS5: I can move the PS4 into the room I'm working from home in, 'because there's a monitor in there'. As well as being close enough to the router to run an ethernet cable.

Apparently I'm now pretty good at shooters...
  • SolidSCB 22 Nov 2020 00:01:59 13,968 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    neems wrote:
    neems wrote:
    Worlds wrote:
    Random one for anyone on WRC (might be worth making a separate thread) but Iím currently sat at 27th in the world for time on: Neste Rally Finland (Ouninpohja Reverse).

05í52í669

Would be interesting to hear your times.
    After my second go, I am second in the world :-)

5'26"432 Lots of time in there though.
    1st. 5'18" 112

Great track, gonna give it a rest for now though as my heart can't take it.
    Maybe worth doing a thread if enough people pick it up, get a bit of competition going.
  • dfunked09 22 Nov 2020 00:42:00 1,028 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Great experience when it works, but the software side definitely needed a little more time in the oven...
    Almost given up on external storage completely now. I'll just use it as offline storage and plug it in + move games to internal when I want to play them. Second rebuild of thee day happening now..

Edited by dfunked09 at 00:44:12 22-11-2020
  • StaffyDog 22 Nov 2020 02:31:21 1,666 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    All was going swimmingly untill patch popped up for DS. After patch the game seemed unsteady so restarted the console but then DS wouldn't load 🙄 tried a few times and ended up deleting and now downloading again.
  • b-rk 22 Nov 2020 04:13:43 1,581 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hmm. I patched it up and it works OK. What is the patch supposed to do, anyway?
  • Scimarad 22 Nov 2020 04:58:31 9,892 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @dfunked09

Is this a rest mode thing? I've been shutting it down completely every time and have avoided installing anything with the name Spiderman in the title and my external SSD seems fine so far.
  • b-rk 22 Nov 2020 05:39:43 1,581 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Download speeds are fast. Nice.
  • stephenb 22 Nov 2020 07:58:30 3,533 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Yeah everything seems to be quite fast, downloads, updates etc.

Finally defeated the first Demon in Souls, I remember briefly playing this in the early days of PS+, for all intents it's a brand new game to me and I'm really enjoying.
  • Jmek 22 Nov 2020 08:20:04 1,567 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Sadly I missed the pre-orders for the PS 5, so congratulations to those that managed to snag one.

Now that it's out I'm a bit confused as to why you can't order one from Amazon and they send it to you when it's in stock? Whether that's six months from now I don't care, I want it so why can't I order it?
  • leekuti 22 Nov 2020 08:42:34 35 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Jmek wrote:
    Sadly I missed the pre-orders for the PS 5, so congratulations to those that managed to snag one.

Now that it's out I'm a bit confused as to why you can't order one from Amazon and they send it to you when it's in stock? Whether that's six months from now I don't care, I want it so why can't I order it?
    Every word you said is on point
  • You-can-call-me-kal 22 Nov 2020 08:49:23 21,390 posts
    Seen 35 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Due to the nature of supply and demand at this point, it probably makes more sense to still have feeding frenzies as opposed to an orderly queue. Keep hype up and gives people a sense of hope theyíll get one soon, rather than being 10,000th in line.
  • Bichii 22 Nov 2020 09:05:42 3,856 posts
    Seen 48 seconds ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Yeah same here. I'd like to just order one and have it when ever it turns up. I want one but not in a huge rush.
  • Lexical 22 Nov 2020 09:25:17 150 posts
    Seen 39 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Dirt 5 is a bad game.

Firstly the positives... it looks stunning, incredible on my LG oled and it runs really well aside from a few hitches on a couple of tracks. The track design is also great in places.

But thatís it really....

The game is poorly presented and incredibly shallow. The AI is annoying and amazingly inconsistent. One race youíre lapping them and the next you canít keep up. Iíve also had my only two crashes with the PS5 playing this game.

I think it could have been great, but it really isnít.

Thinking about selling it on already. Avoid.
  • Trafford 22 Nov 2020 09:40:31 8,761 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Bichii wrote:
    Yeah same here. I'd like to just order one and have it when ever it turns up. I want one but not in a huge rush.
    Aye, I'm interested to see the games that release in the next 12 months that'll send us over the edge.
  • Rogueywon 22 Nov 2020 09:48:21 10,178 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Lexical Yep, I've been shoehorning "Dirt 5 is terrible" into every thread I can for the last couple of weeks. Can't remember the last time I saw a full-priced release with so little obvious effort and attention put into it. I do wonder whether it was always intended as a cheap-to-make cross-generational cash-in, or whether it just had to be stripped of features and polish because of covid disruption and a publisher unwilling to allow a delay.

The EG review was a no-mark but read like an Avoid and I wish they'd actually given it the big red triangle of doom.

If it's any consolation, it has periodic crashes to desktop on PC as well, usually 5 seconds or so after starting a race. Seems to be a known issue, but no fix yet.

Edited by Rogueywon at 09:48:55 22-11-2020
  • dfunked09 22 Nov 2020 09:57:21 1,028 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @Scimarad
    Nah, rest mode has been absolutely fine for me. This happens after powering it up from a proper shutdown.
    Gets to the dashboard then the screen just goes blank. Has to be powered off and then on with the button (short press, not a long hold) and starts repairing storage then. Exact same thing has happened with two different external drives.

I'm just going to leave the external storage unplugged for the time being and plug it in temporarily to move games to internal if I want to play them.
  • neems 22 Nov 2020 10:43:22 5,133 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Rogueywon

I thought it was weird in The Demon's Souls thread, but you do you 😀

On the plus side, WRC9 seems nice.
  • Gregolution 22 Nov 2020 10:46:58 10,535 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Lexical wrote:
    Dirt 5 is a bad game.

Firstly the positives... it looks stunning, incredible on my LG oled and it runs really well aside from a few hitches on a couple of tracks. The track design is also great in places.

But thatís it really....

The game is poorly presented and incredibly shallow. The AI is annoying and amazingly inconsistent. One race youíre lapping them and the next you canít keep up. Iíve also had my only two crashes with the PS5 playing this game.

I think it could have been great, but it really isnít.

Thinking about selling it on already. Avoid.

Yeah it's pathetic. Wonder if I could sell now for an ok price...
  • Jubilee64 22 Nov 2020 10:57:39 32 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Still loving the gaming on mine but sheís turning right noisy. Sounds like PSU whine to me.

Looking at the reported problems - USBs not charging, external HDDs not working. I read one guys kept crashing until he unplugged USB fans he had in the back. Plus random crashes.

If someone had these issues with a gaming PC Iíd be leaning towards insufficient / poor quality PSU.
  • Rogueywon 22 Nov 2020 11:03:40 10,178 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Just switched on the PS4 for the first time in a few days, to move some stuff to a USB drive and... my word, doesn't the UI look dated after just a few days with the PS5?
  • Gregolution 22 Nov 2020 11:24:31 10,535 posts
    Seen 41 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I have a confession to make. I like Bugsnax. Sorry
  • SolidSCB 22 Nov 2020 11:24:40 13,968 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Hah, yeah. I factory reset mine the other night so I could sell it and it seems archaic already. You don't realise just how nippy the new UI is sometimes, trying to do anything other than flicking through the tiles on PS4 felt like a baptism of fire.
  • PrivateFloyd 22 Nov 2020 11:38:37 5,373 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @SolidSCB

Did you see my time on Astro for the monkey climbing speed run pal?
  • Trowel 22 Nov 2020 11:39:41 23,963 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    b-rk wrote:
    Download speeds are fast. Nice.
    This has been overlooked really, given the massive bottlenecking the PS4 suffered from through its lifetime.
  • Switch-v85 22 Nov 2020 11:40:03 4,219 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Gregolution wrote:
    I have a confession to make. I like Bugsnax. Sorry
    Iíve just played an hour, itís great so far.
  • SolidSCB 22 Nov 2020 11:44:36 13,968 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    PrivateFloyd wrote:
    @SolidSCB

Did you see my time on Astro for the monkey climbing speed run pal?
    I was playing Demon's Souls last night and kept getting pop ups from you for beating my times! I'm going to have a pop at them later.
  • PrivateFloyd 22 Nov 2020 11:50:54 5,373 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Gregolution

Nowt wrong with that pal Iíve enjoyed what Iíve played!

Reminds me of Viva PiŮata crossed with Ape Escape
  • POPTONES 22 Nov 2020 11:52:40 464 posts
    Seen 23 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My PS5 is finally arriving today! I keep reading about issues and systems freezing etc. So for those that have it is there anything you'd recommend I avoid doing while we all await patches? For example it sounds like rest mode is worth steering clear of... any other small things that might make a big difference? Any games or features that seem to consistently cause problems?

Am sure they'll iron out all the creases soon enough. Just want to avoid problems for the time being!
  • Rogueywon 22 Nov 2020 11:58:10 10,178 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @POPTONES Steer clear of rest mode. Close down games when you've finished playing them, for now. Fortunately, load times are short enough that this isn't much of a sacrifice. If you get the download queue bug, there's a fix involving safe mode linked from the EG frontpage. Most other problems can be sorted with a restart.

For now, probably best to charge controller(s) from the rear USB ports - the front port is a bit temperamental.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.