Following PlayStation 5 Page 327

  • Kernowgaz 22 Nov 2020 13:33:40 124 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If I were to borrow Miles Morales off someone and get the Remastered version through the menu for £20, can I play the Remastered version without the Miles Morales disc in the Ps5?
  • EdensDaddy 22 Nov 2020 13:35:26 22 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 1 month ago
    So I booted up my PS4 last night to factory reset it, as Iíve sold it. Iíve got to say itís a lot quieter than my Ps5. Itís a 500gb slim ps4. Still donít think I have an issue with the Ps5 , itís not really noisy. I completed astrobot last night and Iíve thoroughly enjoyed it. Iím tempted to get Demon Souls next but Iím a bit put off by how hard itís meant to be!
  • Blackmarsh63 22 Nov 2020 13:36:26 3,900 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @HisDudness Nier, Borderlands 3, Dark Souls 3, both Nioh's .
  • neems 22 Nov 2020 13:56:13 5,133 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Kernowgaz

    I don't know, but I doubt it.
  • BigOrkWaaagh 22 Nov 2020 14:07:09 9,927 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Kernowgaz I got the remastered version with the code from the box. It installs as a separate game so you don't need the MM disc in.
  • Pierre2k 22 Nov 2020 14:08:09 1,306 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    After having a full day with the PS5, whilst I've no regrets and think it's a great machine, im feeling like it's a bit of an anti-climax. No real imminent releases I fancy, and nothing that has graphically really blown me away.

    Loads to play, especially with the PS+ collection, but I'm torn between getting stuck into an old PS4 game, or getting something like Demons Souls. I'm aching for something that is visually going to make me think, Wow, this is something above and beyond (and as much as I love 60fps, that alone isn't going to cut it). Think I need to take the plunge and buy DS, but I bounced hard off of Dark Souls, putting me off giving this a go, despite it looking amazing. Think I'll just suck it up and go for it.

    On a positive, Astro's playroom is legitimately brilliant. As others have said, it feels very Nintendo. Could easily have been a Mario game. Despite owning every PS, other than the PS1 as I was a Saturn kid then), I'm not overly nostalgic for the PS brand, yet I still smiled everytime I got a new artefact, and at all the random recreations of famous PS game scenes and characters with the boys scattered throughout. Genius.

    The DualSense is a great controller. Prefer the Xbox stick layout, but no issues with this. Still think the haptics are only a tiny step above regular rumble though. On the other hand, the adaptive triggers are very nice and I can see them being used in cool ways going forward. The controller does feel nice and solid, but I have some slight concerns about longevity. Could imagine those adaptive motors easily breaking or wearing out over time, but I hope I'm wrong.
  • the_milkybar_kid 22 Nov 2020 14:15:56 8,354 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So the ps+ collection... is it just part of your existing sub? Don't have a PS5 yet but will do hopefully next month if these next 2 big waves are to be believed.
  • Kay 22 Nov 2020 14:19:48 20,851 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @the_milkybar_kid big two waves?
  • Pierre2k 22 Nov 2020 14:29:35 1,306 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    So the ps+ collection... is it just part of your existing sub? Don't have a PS5 yet but will do hopefully next month if these next 2 big waves are to be believed.
    Yes it is. You get 20 PS4 games, but the collection is exclusive to PS5 PS+ members. Includes Detroit, Days Gone, God of War, Crash Trilogy, last Guardian, Bloodborne etc. Some quality titles, great value.
  • neems 22 Nov 2020 15:05:47 5,133 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I keep hearing weird comments about haptics versus adaptive triggers, but surely adaptive triggers are part of the haptics?
  • richardiox 22 Nov 2020 15:11:46 9,176 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    dfunked09 wrote:
    @richardiox
    Yeah, I've moved on to TLOU2 now after clearing Spidey and Astro. Was planning on waiting for news of a patch, but the radio silence doesn't fill me with hope.
    Nor does the Naughty Dog prior form of charging full price for a resolution / FPS bump version of a game you've already paid them for. Ideally I'd want a free patch (next week please) but if not I'd pay a tenner upgrade. They can get fucked if they wait a year and try to charge me full price again.
    Tbf that's only one game and it was a previous generation game, it wasn't a simple port seeing as the there's a big difference between ps3 and PS4.
    They did it for every Uncharted game as well as TLOU. Basically every game they've made right?

    And I'd also add I would consider all of them as simple ports rather than remakes. In the Last of Us HD there was nothing really new other than the higher resolution and framerate enabled by the better hardware. It's not like GTA5 for example where they added a whole first person mode.
  • Dougs 22 Nov 2020 15:14:06 96,721 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Kay wrote:
    @the_milkybar_kid big two waves?
    Assume that means more stock arriving
  • PazJohnMitch 22 Nov 2020 15:16:15 16,333 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Pierre2k wrote:
    the_milkybar_kid wrote:
    So the ps+ collection... is it just part of your existing sub? Don't have a PS5 yet but will do hopefully next month if these next 2 big waves are to be believed.
    Yes it is. You get 20 PS4 games, but the collection is exclusive to PS5 PS+ members. Includes Detroit, Days Gone, God of War, Crash Trilogy, last Guardian, Bloodborne etc. Some quality titles, great value.
    About half of them have been on PS+ previously but a few nice additions like GoW and Persona 5.
  • Your-Mother 22 Nov 2020 15:30:08 5,442 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    neems wrote:
    I keep hearing weird comments about haptics versus adaptive triggers, but surely adaptive triggers are part of the haptics?
    Kind of. Haptics (in the sense of the Dual sense) is feedback through the padís motors, adaptive triggers are a change in tension. Yeah, if you get semantic thatís all haptic feedback, but itís slightly different implementations and you can have one without the other.

    Edited by Your-Mother at 15:30:34 22-11-2020
  • mothercruncher 22 Nov 2020 15:31:38 18,377 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    EdensDaddy wrote:
    So I booted up my PS4 last night to factory reset it, as Iíve sold it. Iíve got to say itís a lot quieter than my Ps5. Itís a 500gb slim ps4. Still donít think I have an issue with the Ps5 , itís not really noisy. I completed astrobot last night and Iíve thoroughly enjoyed it. Iím tempted to get Demon Souls next but Iím a bit put off by how hard itís meant to be!
    I donít know that itís hard, but you certainly play it differently, weighing risk/reward constantly as you round each corner. A lot of people bounce off it because they charge in and play it like most other games that are careful to keep handing out rewards and encouragement to keep you playing.
    Nothing wrong with that, but the early Demonís play while you adjust can feel completely unforgiving. If youíre the sort that can take their time, maybe check a wiki, etc, it may well be one of the best games you ever play.
  • smemma 22 Nov 2020 15:33:18 772 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Anyone using the arctis 7p or 7x on PS5? Just wondering if the game / chat mix control on the headset works, as Iíve read that with past models it just didnít work on PlayStation- and I donít think I can be bothered to rely on the control in the OS...
  • Phattso 22 Nov 2020 15:34:47 26,293 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I was always a fan, but it *is* hard. It demands patience, and you can make steady progress, but even then itís still hard. Hell, they played into that in all the marketing to the later games. :)
  • You-can-call-me-kal 22 Nov 2020 15:40:09 21,390 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Itís perhaps a semantic argument, but Iím in the Ďdifferent not hardí camp. Yes it requires patience but thatís not the same as difficulty. Once youíve got your head round how youíre supposed to play it and unlearned the way you play every other 3rd person RPG action game Iím not sure itís that much higher in difficulty than most other games.

    I actually find most modern games seem to require you to have a huge memory for moves, which I struggle with. To that end I find the combat in From games easier than I do something like Ghost or even Spider-Man.
  • Worlds 22 Nov 2020 15:40:44 217 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Anyone into COD or Fifa (just for a mess about) and feel achy from the DualSense? I think itís bigger than DualShock and after playing PS4 games that have muscle memory, my hands ache more. Maybe I have small hands. A girl told me that once tbf.
  • smemma 22 Nov 2020 15:43:16 772 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Kay 22 Nov 2020 16:00:05 20,851 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Dougs wrote:
    Kay wrote:
    @the_milkybar_kid big two waves?
    Assume that means more stock arriving
    Yeah that's what I assumed too, but I wanted more details! I'd sort of given up hope on the idea of there being any decent amount of stock before Christmas.
  • JamboWayOh 22 Nov 2020 16:09:07 21,665 posts
    Seen 10 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    richardiox wrote:
    dfunked09 wrote:
    @richardiox
    Yeah, I've moved on to TLOU2 now after clearing Spidey and Astro. Was planning on waiting for news of a patch, but the radio silence doesn't fill me with hope.
    Nor does the Naughty Dog prior form of charging full price for a resolution / FPS bump version of a game you've already paid them for. Ideally I'd want a free patch (next week please) but if not I'd pay a tenner upgrade. They can get fucked if they wait a year and try to charge me full price again.
    Tbf that's only one game and it was a previous generation game, it wasn't a simple port seeing as the there's a big difference between ps3 and PS4.
    They did it for every Uncharted game as well as TLOU. Basically every game they've made right?

    And I'd also add I would consider all of them as simple ports rather than remakes. In the Last of Us HD there was nothing really new other than the higher resolution and framerate enabled by the better hardware. It's not like GTA5 for example where they added a whole first person mode.
    Well no, they've only personally done a ps4 version of Last of Us and like I said it wasn't a simple port technically. The Nathan Drake Collection was done by Bluepoint Games so no it wasn't them. So again they've have only one done one remaster/port as a company.
  • neems 22 Nov 2020 16:11:17 5,133 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I think the best way to describe Demon's Souls is 'unforgiving'.
  • Stan546 22 Nov 2020 16:19:46 1,265 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Worlds Yeah, playing cod last night and the different controller layout takes some adjusting. Certainly felt some aches after 3 hours on cod.
  • Blakester 22 Nov 2020 16:46:20 5,140 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I bit the bullet and bought Demonís Souls today - while slightly hating myself for paying £70 for a game.

    THIS is the game to show off the power of your new console. Unbelievable lighting, particle effects all over the place, smooth as butter gameplay and although subtle, the dual-sense application really adds to the experience.

    Spidey MM looks cool, but it doesnít have the same wow factor in my opinion.
  • Gregolution 22 Nov 2020 16:53:25 10,535 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    So Control ultimate edition is 16 quid in the sale... that gets a free upgrade to ps5 but - what is the upgrade? 4k/60?

    Also tempted by Borderlands 3... might be fun to dual screen coop over Xmas with my kids.
  • Derblington 22 Nov 2020 16:58:41 34,293 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I fancy B3 too. Have done for a while, just donít have regular co-op partners so been putting it off.
    Cheap atm though, and crossplay coming next year.
  • Dougs 22 Nov 2020 17:03:07 96,721 posts
    Seen 6 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @Kay oh aye,me too!
  • You-can-call-me-kal 22 Nov 2020 17:03:52 21,390 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    For some reason it wonít let me add Control to cart.
  • SolidSCB 22 Nov 2020 17:06:13 13,968 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Tried out BL3 last night, looks very nice and all the menus and stuff can be breezed through. I was a bit disappointed about the triggers though. Just seems to be the one generic adaptive trigger setting rather than it being gun dependent.
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.