Days Gone Page 10

• SnackPlissken 3 May 2019 10:35:15 934 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Also I agree with the comments above regarding RDR2. Sure it's a vastly better technical game with A.I blah blah, but it was boring as fuck. Days Gone is so much more fun.
  • greenmekon 3 May 2019 10:44:47 511 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    Also I agree with the comments above regarding RDR2. Sure it's a vastly better technical game with A.I blah blah, but it was boring as fuck. Days Gone is so much more fun.
    I thought I was unusual as I just cannot play it, I find it really boring and regret buying it digital :(
  • IronGiant 3 May 2019 10:47:39 5,893 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    greenmekon wrote:
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    I thought I was unusual as I just cannot play it, I find it really boring and regret buying it digital :(
    Physical media FTW! :)
  • erasr 4 May 2019 00:53:00 302 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    So tempted to get this. Would love to know what others are thinking after playing it since day one...
  • mothercruncher 4 May 2019 07:03:33 16,142 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    If only we had a thread that you’d created with people’s thoughts in it.
  • Frogofdoom 4 May 2019 07:13:48 12,989 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    To be fair to erasr it's gone pretty quiet after the first few days excitement. Especially when you consider how well it sold.

Edited by Frogofdoom at 07:15:09 04-05-2019
  • Bichii 4 May 2019 07:45:50 1,666 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Another quality video on days gone

https://m.youtube.com/watch?v=Je2jGINwwRg
  • garryo'neill 4 May 2019 09:55:31 13 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    Post deleted
  • garryo'neill 4 May 2019 09:55:32 13 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 8 months ago
    @Bichii i seem to have been pretty lucky - so far! and not encountered any major bugs. However the AI of the humans are stupid AF most times, the games fun so i tend to eye roll through those parts.

AI on the freaker monster things is excellent however, they really come for you its quite tense.

Edited by garryo'neill at 09:56:11 04-05-2019
  • erasr 4 May 2019 10:55:11 302 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @mothercruncher 😂 Yes but I’m looking for *updated* thoughts.
  • Derblington 4 May 2019 17:01:11 31,528 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The reviews are far too harsh. Its been patched a lot (1.07 now) and I'm not getting any of the audio issues anymore. There are some typical open world issues - enemies getting stuck in the odd place, I had one fall through the floor - but otherwise the game is really solid and a lot better than the negative reviews would have you think.

I'd say it's worth a punt if you're interested. The video up above isn't representative of what I'm playing.

Edited by Derblington at 17:01:30 04-05-2019
  • Blackmarsh63 4 May 2019 17:20:57 2,337 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well i'm still playing it and still loving . One minor gripe is you cant swim in the water surprisingly The technical issues are very minor (pop-in,audio cutting out) The human AI is a bit shoddy as has been noted by others. It's still a lot of fun and i'll probably complete it which is fairly rare for me.
  • SnackPlissken 4 May 2019 18:05:11 934 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    The biggest negative for me with about 15 hours in is still the AI. It’s just bad. As long as you have upgraded to the assault rifle you just pop their heads.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 4 May 2019 18:36:28 1,651 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm enjoying it. Not really understanding the complaints to be honest, but, you know, reviewslol - who fucking needs them, these days. If your purchases rely on them you're doing games wrong.

Shitty AI? Welcome to video games. You all wanted developers to throw all their resources at the shiny, and they embraced that. What was the last game that did AI well? How many other games are we going to have to play before they think of some other mechanic than "hide literally 30 seconds, at which point the enemy totally forgets you were ever there"?
    Open world jank? Welcome to video games. On release week, anyway.
    Isn't doing anything new? Welcome to-
    You get.
    The idea.
    /Harry Hill
    With that.

Should you wait for it to drop in price, and give it six months for them to completely iron out all the kinks? Absolutely.
    But in six months, you'll just be asking the same question, about a different new game, while trying to ignore the even larger backlog you already aren't playing.

It's only money, in the end.

I give this game a score of Daryl out of walking dead.
  • M83J01P97 4 May 2019 19:16:34 7,602 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Interesting to see that people are enjoying this.

I have found it be to totally bland, almost as if the developers ignored the steps others have made to make open world games interesting again after that slight lull we had a few years ago.

The AI is really terrible, like how did it ship with this level of poor AI terrible. And my biggest issue is that you've basically played everything the game has to offer after three or four hours of playtime.

Glad to see some people are enjoying it... but yeah this is a very forgettable waste of resources in my mind.
  • MrWonderstuff 4 May 2019 19:24:44 2,926 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    A marmite game if there ever was one.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 4 May 2019 20:40:40 1,651 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Red Dead is either genius, or controls like utter shit and an exercise in frustration, depending who you ask. I love it, but then it's a western. How often do they come around.

When it comes to open world, I do personally find the setting is all important. Other than that, they all feel the same to me now. if I fancy running around London, I stick syndicate on. For ancient Egypt, origins. As I say, this just gives me the opportunity to ride a bike around a zombie apocalypse (and I think the bike actually handles quite well, for a change).

You still hide in hedges and wait for the bad guy to say "huh, guess it was nothing" whichever one you're playing.

Edit: forgot I was going to comment on the "bland" thing. I find all open world games pretty bland tbh. They're the games I put on when I actually can't be arsed to, you know, play a proper game. All I ask is that the setting appeals and there's no fucking tearing. It's a low bar, I know.
    Still amazing how often it's not met, mind.

Edited by AboutHalfaStevas at 20:51:18 04-05-2019
  • Blackmarsh63 4 May 2019 21:24:23 2,337 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Well its not graphically bland. The weather effects and the day night cycle etc are up there with the best.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 4 May 2019 21:34:29 1,651 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah it looks great in my opinion.
    But then, no tearing.
  • SnackPlissken 4 May 2019 21:55:10 934 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    How are you supposed to kill this Breaker boss... talk about a difficulty spike.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 5 May 2019 01:10:59 1,651 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Do suppressors just disappear? Cos mine has.
    Oh, never mind, apparently they wear out...

Edited by AboutHalfaStevas at 01:18:18 05-05-2019
  • Derblington 5 May 2019 01:48:39 31,528 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    How are you supposed to kill this Breaker boss... talk about a difficulty spike.
    Yeah, it's a bit frustrating the first time. It's not that hard once you know how to handle it - it's about the prep. Use traps and fire as much as possible, and there are little shortcuts in the arena that it can't use.
    They're a lot easier to kill in the world. The enclosed space makes it difficult.
  • Derblington 5 May 2019 01:55:36 31,528 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The map is large! 3x larger than the first area you start with.
    The final area has a lot of infestation areas with a lot nests, and it adds new fauna enemies and dials up the numbers.

I really like the bike now that I've upgraded it a bit. I leant into the story and created a narrative with how Deacon would keep and use, upgrade and paint the bike, considering it's purpose and his backstory. I've found that the bike upgrades are quite a cool added motivation for progression, and there's always something else I'm wanting to add.
    Plus it looks pretty cool.
  • markytonline83 5 May 2019 09:48:22 894 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    First things first. Gameplay wise, this pisses all over RDR2 from a mighty distance.

Secondly, was playing last night and died a few times on the same section. Wasn’t anything too taxing but I was just playing fast and loose, trying things out. The game then asked if I would like to skip that area. Out of interest I pressed ‘yes’ and sure enough it bumped me along without having to do the task at hand. Anyone else done this? Is there a penalty for doing this?
  • DUFFMAN5 5 May 2019 10:32:26 24,419 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @markytonline83
    Interesting re the "bump along" I have said for years, all games should have this feature.
  • AboutHalfaStevas 5 May 2019 14:37:27 1,651 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Maybe this is what the average reviewer did by accident.
  • Blackmarsh63 5 May 2019 14:47:02 2,337 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @markytonline83 Wasn't aware of that 'feature' and i'm about 20 hours in.
  • Derblington 5 May 2019 16:06:20 31,528 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I don't think anything has taken more than 2 goes, other than the first Breaker fight which was about 4 or 5.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.