Rage 2 Page 11

• StarchildHypocrethes 16 May 2019 18:26:10 32,228 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Pretty sure id didn't make any of this one.
  • Pazie 16 May 2019 18:34:52 1,305 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Iím really enjoying this game but it does give me bad motion sickness, donít know why either.

I bought my copy from Amazon that came with the steelbook, plus Iím sure it comes with some DLCís, which I never received. I have contacted them about this and they said with DLCís it would come to £94.98. Could someone check this link out and see who is right. I donít want to keep contacting incase theyíre right and Iím wrong.
    https://www.amazon.co.uk/Rage-2-Steelbook-Xbox-One/dp/B07QGK4MZ9/ref=sr_1_fkmrnull_1?crid=2UFU7N4DZEIIU&keywords=rage%2B2%2Bsteelbook%2Bxbox&qid=1558028048&s=gateway&sprefix=Rage%2B2%2Bsteel%2Caps%2C137&sr=8-1-fkmrnull&th=1
  • Cadence 16 May 2019 18:40:39 2,301 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    My mistake then sorry. I thought they were involved in the development of Rage 2.
  • neems 16 May 2019 18:46:50 4,552 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Pazie

It's not the deluxe edition if that's what you mean?

The only DLC I can see there is 'Cult of the Death God' which is a one off mission that has some new armour and a handgun as a reward. It's fine, but nothing to write home about.
  • JamboWayOh 16 May 2019 18:50:43 13,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Cadence wrote:
    StarchildHypocrethes wrote:
    My mistake then sorry. I thought they were involved in the development of Rage 2.
    This is pure Avalanche and their own engine, although the shooting is straight up iD.
  • Frogofdoom 16 May 2019 19:06:17 13,262 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Pazie wrote:
    Iím really enjoying this game but it does give me bad motion sickness, donít know why either.

Its probably due to the FOV, I have no idea if the console versions have a slider but if they do increase it and you wont feel sick.
  • Addy__ 16 May 2019 19:22:16 740 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    I thought iD were involved. That's the impression I got from interviews from Tim Willits.
  • Derblington 16 May 2019 19:23:50 31,632 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    They were.
  • ChiefGB 16 May 2019 19:32:48 10,704 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Pazie wrote:

Its probably due to the FOV, I have no idea if the console versions have a slider but if they do increase it and you wont feel sick.
    Yes fov slider is included on consoles for this
  • Dirtbox 16 May 2019 19:43:21 91,099 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Buy y/n?
  • Addy__ 16 May 2019 19:45:40 740 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    Dirtbox wrote:
    Buy y/n?
    I love it but it doesn't do anything new so YMMV.
  • Dirtbox 16 May 2019 19:51:38 91,099 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Nothing does. I'll get it.
  • Frogofdoom 16 May 2019 19:55:36 13,262 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    If I had to guess I reckon it will annoy DB.
  • Addy__ 16 May 2019 19:57:14 740 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    If he's in it for the pew pew then it shouldnt disappoint. He might just kill himself over the rest of game though.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 16 May 2019 20:17:14 5,836 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    The more of this I play, the more I (generally) like it. I'm a sucker for old-school shooters. By that I mean shooters which:

a) Emphasise movement over cover (though cover can still be a part of the game).
    b) Allow you to hold loads of weapons, rather than just 2 (Halo's most toxic legacy to modern gaming).
    c) Have a proper health system, rather than regenerating health.

Rage 2 fits the bill nicely on all of those scores. The only elements I'm less sold on are the concessions to modernity - namely the open world. I don't mind the exploration, but everything feels just a bit too spread-out. If they'd just adjusted the world-scale to move everything a bit closer together, it would have felt a lot nicer.

I'd really like to see what this game could have been had it been either a "confined" game (like Doom 2016) or a level-based semi-open world (like Crysis).
  • Addy__ 16 May 2019 20:21:04 740 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 months ago
    It has made me want to play Doom again that's fer sure.
  • Pazie 16 May 2019 21:09:57 1,305 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @neems Thanks, I wonít bother about mentioning it to Amazon anymore 😃.

@Frogofdoom, I ended up putting the slider to 100%. Didnít get that yucky feeling this time thank goodness.
  • JamboWayOh 16 May 2019 22:35:19 13,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Managed to play a bit more and found the rocket launcher and the slam ability in quick succession. I honestly couldn't stop laughing when I was hovering in mid air shooting goons and then activating slam straight after. Quality game that really reveals itself when you get into its rhythm.

Edited by JamboWayOh at 22:35:46 16-05-2019
  • Bichii 17 May 2019 07:17:07 1,697 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Is anyone else playing through this and thinking zomg doom eternal is going to be incredible?
  • Yorkshire_Bourne 17 May 2019 07:27:39 440 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Just got the rocket launcher and realised I probably won't have to cheese the Authority towers anymore if I upgrade the jump hover ability!

I also really need to look at the menus in much more detail and read about what I buy!

Only just realised after hammering the game for the last 3 days that I can craft my own meds! Been travelling back to towns and vendors to top them up. fml.

Bought the schematic on day one from the posh talking mobile vendor, but didn't realise I could craft immediately. I though I had to visit one of the Npc characters and that would unlock me the ability ffs, lol.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 17 May 2019 09:00:03 5,836 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    EG review is up - no mark. Feels a bit on the harsh side to me. Yes, the open world could do with being a bit more compact, but that doesn't outweigh all the really good stuff in there.
  • monkman76 17 May 2019 09:04:14 14,722 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Haven't played it, but everything I've read and heard and seen in videos suggests this isn' bad, but would be a much better game if it were just a more linear shooter like Doom. Why must everything be in an open world these days?
  • JamboWayOh 17 May 2019 09:09:52 13,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    Haven't played it, but everything I've read and heard and seen in videos suggests this isn' bad, but would be a much better game if it were just a more linear shooter like Doom. Why must everything be in an open world these days?
    I would guarantee that if it wasn't open world reviewers would all question why the game wasn't made open world due to the setting of a post apocolypstic world.
  • monkman76 17 May 2019 09:16:54 14,722 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I bet they wouldn't, especially if it played anything like Doom. They didn't say that about The Last Of Us - that managed to depict a world in ruins incredibly well, despite being completely linear.

I just think a game should only be open world if the world itself (or the way you traverse the world for example) is noteworthy and enjoyable in and of itself. It doesn't sound like this is at all.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 17 May 2019 09:24:09 5,836 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @monkman76 This is a tough one. There are fun things to find in Rage 2's open world. You can head to a ? on your map and find yourself running a fair-sized optional dungeon with a boss at the end. Compared to some of the more tick-box open-world titles I've seen over the years (e.g. Dragon Age Inquisition, Mass Effect Andromeda, Far Cry 4), Rage 2's optional activities are decent.

The problem is that navigating between them is dull and takes too long. I think open world would have been fine for this, if they'd just reduced the size of the map a bit.
  • JamboWayOh 17 May 2019 09:28:34 13,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    monkman76 wrote:
    I bet they wouldn't, especially if it played anything like Doom. They didn't say that about The Last Of Us - that managed to depict a world in ruins incredibly well, despite being completely linear.

I just think a game should only be open world if the world itself (or the way you traverse the world for example) is noteworthy and enjoyable in and of itself. It doesn't sound like this is at all.
    But the Last of Us was made at the tail end of last gen and open world wasn't ubiquitous save for Ubi games. I agree with your points on open world games though.
  • Derblington 17 May 2019 09:32:25 31,632 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Rage was open (it has load gating but it;s not linear) and this is a sequel. That's part of the DNA of the franchise.

If you want a linear shooter with dope guns you already have Doom.
  • challenge_hanukkah 17 May 2019 09:34:26 10,760 posts
    Seen 21 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Guys, stop talking about what you like. It's upsetting Derbs.
  • monkman76 17 May 2019 09:35:58 14,722 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rage was linear with open bits connecting the levels. You didn't spend much time in the open world. And those parts were probably the least popular. They absolutely didn't have to make this have a (large) open world.
  • Derblington 17 May 2019 09:40:50 31,632 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Not sure how you got that from my sentence.

Just seems weird how people seem to be calling for Rage to just copy Doom. It may as well just be a Doom sequel at that point and we're already getting one of those.
    The difference between the two is that Rage makes you traverse back and forth through the open environments to get to the more linear parts.

I expect Doom Eternal to have larger combat environments due to the new mechanics like wall climb and meat hook but I assume you'll still just push forward through each environment.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.