Sonic The Hedgehog Movie Page 3

• JamboWayOh 1 May 2019 13:55:17 20,053 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Cocaine is a hell of a drug.
  • DangerousDave_87 1 May 2019 15:07:12 6,811 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    @Waffleaber Mushroom Hill from Sonic & Knuckles?
  • wobbly_Bob 1 May 2019 16:39:06 5,162 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Looks fucking shit but then did we expect anything less? I am confused though why this is the demon turd from hell and Detective pikachu gets a pass from a lot of the internet? That looks JUST as shit. OK. Maybe not JUST as shit but it still looks shit.
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 1 May 2019 16:59:20 2,930 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Well Detective Pikachu isn't far removed from the game for a start.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 1 May 2019 17:21:21 25,648 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think it looks every bit as bad but I've never really got the pokemon thing.
  • RichDC 1 May 2019 17:33:50 8,877 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Waffleaber wrote:
    The final shot of Carrey as Robotnik is looks good but why is he surrounded by giant mushrooms? Is he in some kind of mushroom kingdom?
    It's from the post credits sequence where him and Denis Hopper shake hands. SEQUEL
  • nickthegun 1 May 2019 17:36:18 82,363 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm not really sure how anyone with a working pair of eyes can say it looks just as shit.

And I'm not just saying that. It's night and day. You people will be the death of me.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 1 May 2019 18:13:13 25,648 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I mean the Sonic film looks really really shit and pokemon looks like a better film but I'd rather spend the evening making toast in the bath than watch either of them at this point.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 1 May 2019 18:41:52 13,999 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought Mania was to soften us up for Forces but the true plan is now just being revealed
  • up_the_ante 1 May 2019 19:15:02 1,365 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    There was next to no chance a live action Sonic movie was going to be any good. How could it be?
  • Kay 1 May 2019 19:24:40 20,631 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    I mean the Sonic film looks really really shit and pokemon looks like a better film but I'd rather spend the evening making toast in the bath than watch either of them at this point.
    It's mainly the character design that's off-putting tbh. And tonally it just doesn't seem right for Sonic at all - I mean, Coolio? The trailer itself seems fine in a family film-type way tbh.

With Pikachu, I think Ryan Reynold's involvement makes it seem like the whole thing is a lot more self-aware. Also, it helps that the characters look decent.
  • thelzdking 1 May 2019 20:07:50 10,117 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There is no way that this will not be amazing.
  • Your-Mother 1 May 2019 20:13:48 4,487 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Louis_the_Hedgehog wrote:
    I know we hear a LOT about how SEGA is screwing up Sonic the Hedgehog, and I wholeheartly agree. But these are just symptoms caused by the real problem. You want to know what that problem is? You want to know the biggest mistake they ever made is? Hang onto yourself because it's a big one, and I hope you didn't eat anything in the last 30 minutes.

Believe it or not, there was a version of Sonic the Hedgehog that when compared to all the other forms, it could kick all their butts so hard thait pelvises would vaproize! It had A LOT in common with Star Wars, James Bond, Terminator, Lord of the Rigns, The Matrix, Back to the Future, and so on and so on and so on. Allow me to explain my reasoning.

I know that voice acting is not everything, but the voice actors for THIS particular variant were so good that they later went onto other roles. These include, but certainly not limited to Tavion from the Jedi Knight games, an extra in "KOTOR II: The Sith Lords", Starscream from the "Transformers" of 2007, and Soviet Premier Chredenko from "Command and Conquer: Red Alert 3". But don't take my word for it, look it up, I'm not maing this up.

As for the designs, they don't look like they were made by kindergardeners. They look more like the work of artists, architects, and engineers, professionals who spent years of their life training for this. These designs ALONE are works of art.

But probably the most important part is the plot and character development. When Sonic and his friends were still young children, most of their parents were fighting a war. However, Sonic's uncle, who was the Albert Einstein of his time, developed a device that could chemically change damaged tissue into a robotic counterpart. But someone saw a more sinister use for this device.

When the war ended, everyone assumed that the war minister, who was a defector from the other side, would give up his war-time powers. Instead he used his control of the military to overthrow Sonic's kingdom, and used his uncle's device to enslave its citizens. Sonic and his friends narrowly escaped an eternal living death as machines, but not before seeing their kingdom lost, their families enslaved, and their lives ultimately ruined. All of this happened when he was five years old.

Yet in coping with the loss, their motiviation was amplified. Years of training have forged them into an effective resistance force, quickly becoming the stuff of legend as they fight to reclaim their lost lives. And when not fighting in their hectic lives, their friendships have grown by far stronger. And and some were driven from friendships to the point of love.

Now if that's not box office gold, I don't know what is. And if you still don't know what I'm talking about, click on the link below. I'm talking about the SECOND show, not the first one.
    http://thatguywiththeglasses.com/videolinks/thatguywiththeglasses/nostalgia-critic/4762-adventures-of-sonic-the-hedgehog
    (Management may remove this link if they feel the language is too strong.)

So now here we have something that could have easily competed with StarFox, Halo, Command and Conquer, Knights of the Old Republic, Mass Effect, Final Fantasy, and so on. Eventually many parts of this series found their way into at least one of the games, "Sonic Spinball".

So what did SEGA do? They took this masterpiece and swept it under the rug, pretending that it never existed. And now look at the mess we're in. All this because SEGA of Japan
    insisted on a stranglehold on their other branches and a public relations policy based on willful ignorance. And I can prove it too.
    http://www.tssznews.com/2009/01/05/the-blog-sega-doesnt-want-you-to-read/

That's right, even the employees are starting to become critical of SEGA's policies. More and more of them are resigning and coming out with information they feel the gamers need to know about the situation. Now I know that this site does not have the power to conduct official investigations, but this is something the editors need to blow wide open. The sooner the gaming community is made aware of this apparent apathy, the sooner we can gert back to fixing Sonic the Hedgehog.

Yet despite all of the overhelming alarms and warning signs, SEGA of Japan still thinks they're doing a good job. It's gotten bad to the point where SEGA is thinking of using the wherehog concept again! Maybe even permanently! Do you want Sonic to be rememebred for what he was or what he has become? Personally, I'm not going to clap along as the whole thing goes to hell.
    http://www.videogamer.com/wii/sonic_and_the_black_knight/preview-1531.html

Just thought I would share this information with you that I felt you have a right to know.

And please don't tell me to "get a life". Put it this way, would you rather have me on drugs? Oh and if you're intrested in changing this situation, or are just as angered as I am, speak with me about this and I will share a few ideas with you.
  • wobbly_Bob 1 May 2019 20:18:33 5,162 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think my point is that while we can all agree that sonic is really shit in almost every way I just don't get the love and hope for Pikachu movie.

It's a film about a fucking animated Pokémon... That's a defective. It's still massively stupid. Will it be better than sonic? Of course but good? Really? I really don't get the hype for it. It's close to the game? So what? I don't think that means it's going to be good and yeah it had Ryan Reynolds in it but let's not forget before Dead Pool you'll be hard pressed to find a decent movie with him in it. I don't think he's really a good actor; it's simply that he was so right for Dead Pool.

Edited by wobbly_Bob at 20:19:09 01-05-2019
  • Bedders Content Editor, Gamer Network 1 May 2019 20:23:29 261 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I mean, it looks shit but I'm not kidding myself this film was being made for me. Sonic's a property and they'll position it as they see fit for a young'uns film. I can see how it will do...well enough.

I doubt there's a major targetable cinema segment of people in their 40s with bitter memories of the Great Cultural Videogames War of 1991.

Edited by Bedders at 20:28:42 01-05-2019
  • sport 1 May 2019 20:36:16 16,120 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I actually don't think it's that bad. I won't be watching it, but that goes for pretty much any kids film these days.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 1 May 2019 21:28:48 25,648 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    wobbly_Bob wrote:
    I think my point is that while we can all agree that sonic is really shit in almost every way I just don't get the love and hope for Pikachu movie.

It's a film about a fucking animated Pokémon... That's a defective. It's still massively stupid. Will it be better than sonic? Of course but good? Really? I really don't get the hype for it. It's close to the game? So what? I don't think that means it's going to be good and yeah it had Ryan Reynolds in it but let's not forget before Dead Pool you'll be hard pressed to find a decent movie with him in it. I don't think he's really a good actor; it's simply that he was so right for Dead Pool.
    Yeah the idea of a fucking Pikachu in a Sherlock Holmes hat is every bit as repugnant as whatever the fuck that blue rat with the nice legs is.

Ryan Reynolds is an absolute dreamboat though.
  • nickthegun 1 May 2019 21:34:05 82,363 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Funnily enough, YouTube is insisting I watch the new trailer:

https://youtu.be/BRSAJdwiNcg

Stealth hit of the summer, m8s
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 1 May 2019 21:42:46 25,648 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I think Reynolds may have been a mistake to be honest. It's too similar to Deadpool. But yeah fair enough it doesn't look as hideous Sonic.
  • Deleted user 1 May 2019 23:01:29
    RR could shit on Jesus's face and I'd still clean his box with me tonsils.

Absolute babe
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 2 May 2019 06:32:01 13,999 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Here's a thing...

Detective Pikachu might technically be the better film but what if Sonic the Horrible Manhog taps into some of that Streetfighter cult camp?

Everyone knows Mortal Kombat is the better film but everybody also knows it's Streetfighter which won the hearts of a generation.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 2 May 2019 06:32:39 13,999 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Also Ryan Reynolds sucks

And so does Chris Pratt
  • SolidSCB 2 May 2019 08:01:09 12,781 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I mean yeah, haha, Pikachu is a detective and it's all quirky and stuff!

That Sonic is in a whole other stratosphere of shit though. It's almost scary looking it's that bad.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 2 May 2019 08:03:34 13,999 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The photoshops are doing to alter his proportions and colouring to be more Sonic-like look so good compared to the manhog
  • Load_2.0 2 May 2019 08:31:22 31,893 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Detective Pikachu looks as though it's going to be a bit tongue in cheek.

Sonic looks like it's channeling the bloated corpse of the Mario Bros film.

As has been mentioned many times, WTF Gangsters Paradise? That sort of error points to it being a complete disaster.
  • fontgeeksogood 2 May 2019 09:13:53 10,023 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Isn't Gangster's Paradise about chronologically right for Sonic?

Kids still play Sonic games, dads will take them to the movies and remember 90s songs.

This looks as credible as Transformers movies to me. Was expecting the trailer (based on these comments) to be some kind of abortion

Edited by fontgeeksogood at 09:14:11 02-05-2019
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 2 May 2019 09:26:48 9,028 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @fontgeeksogood "Smack My Bitch Up" would also be chronologically about right for Sonic. Doesn't mean it would be a good pick for a trailer for the Sonic film.
  • thelzdking 2 May 2019 09:44:28 10,117 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I think something by M People would be the best choice.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 2 May 2019 09:47:57 13,999 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Sonic is totally gangster

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.