Oculus Quest Owners Club

First Previous
  • INSOMANiAC 4 May 2019 15:43:34 4,636 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Anyone else got their excitment back for VR with the Quest coming out?

Got tired of my Rift and all the faffing with the wires etc, the Quest has brought back the hype! Roll on the 21st!
  • INSOMANiAC 20 May 2019 16:22:53 4,636 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Its coming tomorrow!

Well. At least I'm excited....
  • MrWonderstuff 20 May 2019 16:50:45 3,030 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Let us know how to goes. Whilst not as powerful as a PC-based system I am still intrigued by this as it has a lot going for it.
  • TPReview 20 May 2019 17:08:21 1,379 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mine is apparently coming tomorrow but still hasn't been dispatched from Amazon, we'll see I guess!
  • INSOMANiAC 20 May 2019 17:37:47 4,636 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @MrWonderstuff Shall do, I've watched a lot of footage and stuff like Beat Saber and Superhot looks practically identical, I've had a Rift so should be able to give a decent enough comparison. I'm looking forward to the higher resolution and reduced god rays. As well as being able to use it on the toilet of course.
  • INSOMANiAC 20 May 2019 17:39:09 4,636 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @TPReview Mine neither, I live right near a fulfillment centre though so I'm guessing it will just ship out tomorrow morning. I've still not been charged though which is a bit worrying. I preordered as soon as they became available
  • AaronTurner 20 May 2019 23:05:12 11,366 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    So Robo Recall looks really impressive, why didn't they show it beforehand? Madness.

Still waiting on Amazon dispatching mine.
  • TheRealBadabing 20 May 2019 23:48:54 1,889 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Got my dispatch notice from Very, not from Amazon yet.

Still very nervous about stuck/dead pixels though so I'll probably keep both orders open just in case.
  • MrWonderstuff 21 May 2019 01:02:49 3,030 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC Yes I am particularly interested in the toilet aspect; an in-depth (or not-so-in-depth) review of that would be much appreciated to me and the VR EGers.
  • INSOMANiAC 21 May 2019 08:06:17 4,636 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @AaronTurner No idea but it definitely looked better than I thought it would.
  • INSOMANiAC 21 May 2019 08:07:09 4,636 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @TheRealBadabing I'm waiting for the courier to collect mine and deliver. Lazy.
  • TPReview 21 May 2019 08:33:17 1,379 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Mine got dispatched early in the morning and is now apparently in Norwich. Just hoping they'll get it to my work before the end of the day.

No idea what games to get, obviously I'll get Beat Saber (already have it on psvr) but any recommendations on things that aren't on psvr?
  • THFourteen 21 May 2019 08:57:18 53,174 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    @MrWonderstuff Shall do, I've watched a lot of footage and stuff like Beat Saber and Superhot looks practically identical, I've had a Rift so should be able to give a decent enough comparison. I'm looking forward to the higher resolution and reduced god rays. As well as being able to use it on the toilet of course.
    Given you had a rift are there going to be any games in the 50 launch titles you havent played?

This has ended up piquing my interest after all, but i had a rift until a year or so ago, so think i'll end up with even less to play then there was at the time.
  • INSOMANiAC 21 May 2019 08:58:10 4,636 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @MrWonderstuff Getting a new bathroom door fitted today, which is ideal really as I wont be able to see them as I'm having a shite
  • INSOMANiAC 21 May 2019 09:04:15 4,636 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @THFourteen I never played Beat Saber and I couldn't complete Superhot because I had no room to play it properly. I've bought BoxVR to try and get some exercise into my wanking routine, looks good Vader Immortal is on the list and supposed to be excellent but short and Apex Construct. I've also got Job Simulator and VRchat I've never tried, Robo Recall is cross buy and I didnt complete that due to lack of room either. MY most anticipated is Eleven Tabler Tennis, no more whacking the monitor, its not a laumch game but theres a free Beta and its out very soon, thats croos buy as well.

Theres quite a lot of quality stuff, it's pretty much a 'best of Rift' at the momenet but its the ease of use, the lack of sensors and wires that really sold it to me. I'm taking it to a mates on Thursday for their furst full fat VR experience and you just can't do that with any other headset. Given the improved resolution and screen over even the Rft S it looks to be an excellent machine

Almost forgot space pirate trainer that I havent owned and this looks excellent, Ive seen Quest gameplay footage and the graphics arent far off

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcug7DvOImQ

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 09:08:16 21-05-2019
  • INSOMANiAC 21 May 2019 09:06:32 4,636 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @TPReview Apex construct looks pretty good, robo recall is excellent on Rift and it looks like the gameplay is intact on Quest, Vader Immortal reviews as a 'must buy' at only £7.99 and space pirate trainer.

Dead and Buried 2 looks excellent too and Drop dead is an instabuy for me

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Rcug7DvOImQ

Also, if you have even the slightest interest in table tennis, eleven table tennis is out shortly and is great.

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 09:12:30 21-05-2019
  • Fake_Blood 21 May 2019 09:10:51 9,813 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I got preparing for shipping last friday, and oculus charged my card, but no tracking number yet :/
  • INSOMANiAC 21 May 2019 09:14:22 4,636 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Fake_Blood Ordering straight from Oculus was a bold move given the Rift fiasco. People on Reddit are saying the couriers do have them but the tracking numbers aren't updating on the Oculus store.

Mines been dispatched, its in my City in a warehouse somewhere waiting for a courier to get out of bed (I went with Amazon this time, once bitten...)
  • AaronTurner 21 May 2019 09:15:23 11,366 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dunno why they aren't shipping them...
  • INSOMANiAC 21 May 2019 09:22:55 4,636 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    My Amazon order is now out for delivery, good times.
  • Fake_Blood 21 May 2019 09:26:47 9,813 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    INSOMANiAC wrote:
    @Fake_Blood Ordering straight from Oculus was a bold move given the Rift fiasco. People on Reddit are saying the couriers do have them but the tracking numbers aren't updating on the Oculus store.

Mines been dispatched, its in my City in a warehouse somewhere waiting for a courier to get out of bed (I went with Amazon this time, once bitten...)
    Well as a kickstarter backer I got my (free) Rift from the very first batch exactly on launch day. Oculus site still says “ships by 22/05” so I’m thinking they will send it tomorrow or something.
  • THFourteen 21 May 2019 09:29:05 53,174 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I am tempted by the idea of cable free VR but in reality i think i'd like a proper one more, they just haven't advanced the technology enough this year to tempt me.

Will probably wait it out another 6 months and see if there's improvements or price drops anywhere
  • INSOMANiAC 21 May 2019 09:49:21 4,636 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @THFourteen We're likely only two years away from a Quest that can plug into a PC as well, then youve got the ultimate VR headset. I felt a bit stupid getting the Quest and owning a aming PC, I seriously considered the RiftS but I just dont have the room, and being able to take the Quest anywhere is huge. As for 'proper' one you might be surprised by the quality of the games etc, its not going to be Rift levels of graphics obviously but in terms of experiences it seems to be right up there.
  • INSOMANiAC 21 May 2019 10:18:01 4,636 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Fake_Blood https://www.reddit.com/r/OculusQuest/comments/br7uuj/oculus_uk_told_me_my_quest_would_arrive_in_a_week/
  • Fake_Blood 21 May 2019 10:32:53 9,813 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I hope to find something when I get home, but not getting my hopes up too much. I’ve been hurt before.
  • THFourteen 21 May 2019 10:49:51 53,174 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @INSOMANiAC

Just reminded myself that for me the killer VR app is (hopefully) going to be MechWarrior 5 so i defo need a PC compatible headset.

I'm not bothered about a cable from the headset to the PC but i really would like to avoid base stations and the associated cable mess that comes with it.
  • Addy__ 21 May 2019 10:52:21 1,912 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Looking forward to your thoughts guys. I liked my rift but sold it as I just got sick of the setup and configuration each time I wanted to play it. The thought of just switching on and grabbing controls appeals a lot. Is there a list of games that work on it anywhere?
  • AaronTurner 21 May 2019 10:53:37 11,366 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    For me the cable is the absolute worst part of vr, even in seated cockpit games it is a pain in the arse and a tether to the real world.
  • THFourteen 21 May 2019 10:56:10 53,174 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Addy__

https://www.vrfocus.com/2019/04/here-are-the-50-launch-titles-for-oculus-quest/
  • THFourteen 21 May 2019 11:06:42 53,174 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    For me the cable is the absolute worst part of vr, even in seated cockpit games it is a pain in the arse and a tether to the real world.
    It's such a shame that all the headsets are so wildly different. I guess we are a couple years down the line before all the best features are in a single headset.

Want wireless? Oculus Quest. Want the best controllers? Index. Want the best resolution? HP Reverb. Want the highest refresh rate? Index. Want no base stations? Not Index. Want comfort? God knows.
  • First Previous

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.