Oculus Quest Owners Club Page 27

Next Last
  • MrFlay 16 Sep 2020 20:39:41 4,555 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @Tomo

I don't care. Google knows far more about me then Facebook will ever know. Gmail, Maps, YouTube, Chrome etc. I bet this guy uses those services too.
  • grey_matters 16 Sep 2020 21:56:39 5,318 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Road to VR review smells about right.

An 'S' for now with a decent chance of being a '2' in the future. And if you like it, use the low price to justify the Elite strap maybe.

Linky
  • TheSaint 16 Sep 2020 23:37:11 19,877 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    MrFlay wrote:
    @Tomo

I don't care. Google knows far more about me then Facebook will ever know. Gmail, Maps, YouTube, Chrome etc. I bet this guy uses those services too.
    Itís not what they know about you thatís the problem. They platform every shitty dictator and are in the process of causing untold damage to society.
  • INSOMANiAC 20 Sep 2020 01:33:01 4,683 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Already got my preorder for the Quest 2 in. Gone the full monty this time, 265gb memory and the headstrap with battery. The headstrap at £118 seemed like a total rip off at first, but once I realised I was spending £50 on the case and £50 on the elite headstrap anyway (you get the case included with the elite battery strap) I thought I may as well plunge for the batttery one for an extra £18.

Looking forward to the better visuals but mainly being able to play the likes of Table Tennis at 90hz. I think it's an excellent upgrade for the money and the 256gb for an extra £100 was too much to resist. I think the games are only going to get larger if they have better textures, and not being able to fit films on the Quest Vintage was a bit of a shitter.

I only bought a second Quest a month ago as well for my GF, we split up and she gave it me back, I sold it to a mate last week for £300. Feel pretty guilty now that theres a better one for a lower price but what can you do. Given my Quest Vintage to my nephew so we can get up to some VR shit when my new one arrives.

Really don't like it being white, I hate stuff getting dirty.

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 01:34:44 20-09-2020
  • IJ 23 Sep 2020 09:33:41 991 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I'm hovering over the buy button of a new Quest 2, having never owned anything VR. I've had a few tries with the office Rift (Beat Saber) and at some events (GT Sport - PSVR, Elite - Oculus DK2) but that's it. My thinking is for £300 I'm going to get more interesting game experiences with a Quest 2 than the new consoles are going to deliver.

My one concern is the game catalog for the Quest, looking on the Oculus website there are perhaps 10 games which look decent, but there doesn't seem to be much beyond that. Is that fear unfounded? I've got kids so I don't get loads of time to game, but I do get 4-5 hours in a week.

Edited by IJ at 09:34:17 23-09-2020
  • christourlord 23 Sep 2020 09:38:34 2,829 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    My Rift S has been in the cupboard for months. I would probably use it a bit more if it was fully wireless, but honestly it just isn't the sort of experience I'm after.

I also have young kids and have to fit my gaming around work & family time, so strapping a hot plastic helmet to my head so I can play something that is at best an interesting novelty just isn't worth it.

I'm glad I experienced Alyx and would have loved to have played it at a higher resolution and wirelessly, but everything else I've tried just isn't worth the effort.
  • IJ 23 Sep 2020 10:10:19 991 posts
    Seen 47 seconds ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    christourlord wrote:
    My Rift S has been in the cupboard for months. I would probably use it a bit more if it was fully wireless, but honestly it just isn't the sort of experience I'm after.

I also have young kids and have to fit my gaming around work & family time, so strapping a hot plastic helmet to my head so I can play something that is at best an interesting novelty just isn't worth it.

I'm glad I experienced Alyx and would have loved to have played it at a higher resolution and wirelessly, but everything else I've tried just isn't worth the effort.
    Ok thanks. I definitely wouldn't get Rift or anything with cables, set up etc. The attraction of the Quest is I can just put it on like I would the PS4, with no hassle. I do get an hour each evening when I'm free to play, I normally wonder into the lounge and play PS4.
  • INSOMANiAC 25 Sep 2020 17:54:20 4,683 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    @IJ Theres many a decent game on the Quest, as well as many more to come. There's also sidequest to play a lot of decent games that arent on the store. If you're only playing an hour a day then even one game like Superhot is going to last you a long time. I had the Rift and barely used it after a month due to the hassle, I use the quest a lot more as well as being able to give it to family and friends to play on it's just a far superior experience in all but graphics and at £300 for the new one you really can't go wrong IMO

Edited by INSOMANiAC at 17:55:20 25-09-2020
  • HoriZon 25 Sep 2020 22:14:00 14,287 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Just messing with SideQuest now any recommendations ?
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.