I can't buy stuff in Minecraft on an iPad

• Tonka 6 May 2019 09:44:23 31,378 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I promised my 6yo he would get a Castle mod or pack or whatever they're called for Minecraft on his iPad. Running the latest version of iOS.

It says it can't connect to the internet but the iPad is conencted just fine. I looked in the "Allow in app purchases" settings (that are now under screen time) and it was allowed.

I tried to register my credit card to Apple Pay but that wasn't allowed due to my bank not supporting it. But surely in-app payments are handled in the same way as AppStore purchases, which I can do.

I spent a good quarter of an hour trying to figure it out but it's such a mess (iOS) once you open the settings. Then there's the whole layer of Xbox LIVE account and Minecraft coins and what not on top of that.

Do any of you recognise this problem? Could I buy Minecraft coins on a real computer and use on the iPad?
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.