Predator: Hunting Grounds Page 2

Next Last
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 3 Jun 2020 15:38:56 25,655 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The demo was pretty awful. And I say that as the person most gay for predator on the planet.
  • DFawkes Friendliest Forumite, 2016 4 Jun 2020 10:24:25 32,525 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Played a few rounds last night, and it's pretty much what I expected. If you played the demo I'm pretty sure it's the same as it was, with the only real changes being balance tweaks and it's cool sometimes having Dutch on your team now.

I find being a soldier a lot more fun, as I enjoyed the tension of hearing the Predator hunting you with all the little audio and visual signs. I quite like how the guns feel too, heavy without being sluggish.

As for hunting, I am the Mr Bean of Predators. Only played one match as Predator but I spent most of the match looking for the puny humans, got shot once from somewhere, and only knew where they really were when they were getting to the choppa. At that point I just sprinted at them like a giant noisy baby, got killed and took out one of them with the self-destruct. Don't think I gave them the full Predator experience :p Will have to practice more.

I can see why people might not get on with it though. Can't see it having all that much depth and I think it'll get old quick but it ticks all the boxes I wanted it to.
  • StrayBezza 4 Jun 2020 11:52:45 1,218 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @DFawkes Totally agree with all of this. Actually I'm pleasantly surprised by how much I like it.
  • LegendaryApe 4 Jun 2020 20:17:03 2,064 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    The demo was pretty awful. And I say that as the person most gay for predator on the planet.
    Hmmm I do have two full size predator helmets in my home. For sale actually.
  • mrpon 4 Jun 2020 20:42:54 36,286 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Jun 2020 20:47:46 25,655 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    LegendaryApe wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    Pics
  • LegendaryApe 4 Jun 2020 21:16:50 2,064 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    LegendaryApe wrote:
    Decks wrote:
    Pics
    http://imgur.com/gallery/AHDTmsk

For your viewing pleasure. The predator 2 one has 3 LEDs to simulate the targeting lasers. Not installed but working.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 4 Jun 2020 21:43:38 25,655 posts
    Seen 22 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Nice, where they from?
  • LegendaryApe 4 Jun 2020 21:51:28 2,064 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Nice, where they from?
    Got them on ebay, a few years ago now. For a man cave that sadly shall go unadorned with the helmets of a deadly alien species.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.