Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    Has anyone been fucked yet?
    Only metaphorically.
  • Rodimus-Prime 15 May 2019 10:44:38 340 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Bye then. Nice chatting, maybe see you in 2020.

Though I might keep reading the GoT thread at least until after the series ends, so if you see me on the forums that's why.

Goodbye friends.
  • Graxlar_v3 15 May 2019 10:46:47 7,731 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Rodimus-Prime wrote:

Though I might keep reading the GoT thread at least until after the series ends, so if you see me on the forums that's why.

Goodbye friends.
    oops.. my bad everyone - sorry.
  • AcidSnake 15 May 2019 10:46:59 8,154 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Rodimus-Prime wrote:

Goodbye friends.
    Surely a good PI knows about...incognito window?
  • Buffalo_Bertie 15 May 2019 10:50:51 32 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Rodimus-Prime wrote:
    It goes back to MySpace days, and isn't a very interesting story.

Some kid at a nearby school and I were in a local LARP group and he took a disliking to me, getting really personal. He came to my school one day, and was waiting in this little park area me and my younger brother would wait for our mum to pick us up. It was quite a nice spot with a tree and a rose bush.

I didn't want any part of the fight, but my brother wasn't having any of it, and they did that stereotypical thing where they started circling each other. I bided my time, waiting for him to get close to the rose bush, and then pushed him in it.

It was effectively a knock out blow. My mum arrived while he was trying to get himself up and asked what I was doing. I explained that I was kicking this kids arse, and she might need to hang around for a bit... but then he got up and looked pissed, so I told her actually we should go and got in the car.

But not before doing a quick DX crotch chop.
    Bit late to the party, but this is absolute gold. Reading it in Alan Partridge's voice just amps up the value.

Is this guy for real?

Edited by Buffalo_Bertie at 10:51:08 15-05-2019
  • JamboWayOh 15 May 2019 10:51:55 14,754 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Rodimus-Prime wrote:

Goodbye friends.
    oops.. my bad everyone - sorry.
    You ruined it Grax. You ruined everything!
  • SnackPlissken 15 May 2019 11:05:41 1,141 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Buffalo_Bertie wrote:
    Rodimus-Prime wrote:
    It goes back to MySpace days, and isn't a very interesting story.

Some kid at a nearby school and I were in a local LARP group and he took a disliking to me, getting really personal. He came to my school one day, and was waiting in this little park area me and my younger brother would wait for our mum to pick us up. It was quite a nice spot with a tree and a rose bush.

I didn't want any part of the fight, but my brother wasn't having any of it, and they did that stereotypical thing where they started circling each other. I bided my time, waiting for him to get close to the rose bush, and then pushed him in it.

It was effectively a knock out blow. My mum arrived while he was trying to get himself up and asked what I was doing. I explained that I was kicking this kids arse, and she might need to hang around for a bit... but then he got up and looked pissed, so I told her actually we should go and got in the car.

But not before doing a quick DX crotch chop.
    Bit late to the party, but this is absolute gold. Reading it in Alan Partridge's voice just amps up the value.

Is this guy for real?
    He's got us all good n' propa.
  • pacrifice 26 May 2019 13:52:17 4,822 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Wow.

I can't work out if real. You shouldn't have started dropping names though (yes, no surnames but still).

I'd just be diplomatic and formal.. easy going but understanding when to be firm. Keep work and personal life separate. If she asks anything non-work related, but if it's too personal or close to, "I don't really want to talk about things like and just want to focus on work right now"... Something along those lines. Any proposals just politely decline, no thank you.
  • pacrifice 26 May 2019 13:54:27 4,822 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Also,

• Rodimus-Prime 26 May 2019 14:19:09 340 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I didn't use real names.

Anyway, good news. Today i got confirmation that she is being moved to the opposing shift starting 4th June.

What's better, is another irritating woman i work with on one of my two shifts is also being moved.

One small hicup is that i am working with her today, and she kind of did ask me out to a gaming event she found in our local area on facebook. But aside from that, everything is coming up Milhouse.
  • challenge_hanukkah 26 May 2019 14:25:44 11,147 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You're just knee deep in quivering minge, aren't you.
  • Load_2.0 26 May 2019 15:01:07 29,773 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm flabbergasted that a man with a pristine Transformers collection has trouble interacting with females in a work environment.
  • pacrifice 26 May 2019 15:11:30 4,822 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Rodimus-Prime alright so you've politely declined the invite?
  • JamboWayOh 26 May 2019 15:20:00 14,754 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rodimus Prime in Confessions of a Weekend Private Detective.
  • pacrifice 26 May 2019 15:27:12 4,822 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @Rodimus-Prime actually, nvm that question. I can understand why situations can call for, it being more appropriate to turn down, but not all at once. So you give a little then start to ease off, let that mould and shape the dynamics between yourselves.

Cool.
  • Rodimus-Prime 1 Jun 2019 13:19:57 340 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I don't have trouble interacting with women at all, really. The ones that have taken a shine to me have been a bit special.

But yes, i did politely decline the invitation. I'm worried she saw me jump and kick my feet together on the way home though. At a time when i had no motivation for the job, the revelation that she is moving shift has positively rejuvenated me.

Tomorrow is my last ever shift i will have to work with her. I feel free. I'm almost happy even.
  • JamboWayOh 1 Jun 2019 13:34:01 14,754 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    You work on Sundays? I thought you only worked there Monday to Friday and did your detective work on the weekends? Which is it Rod, which is it?

Anyway good for you Rod, on to the next piece of ass right?

Edited by JamboWayOh at 13:34:38 01-06-2019
  • Rodimus-Prime 1 Jun 2019 13:42:43 340 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Nah, it's a two-on, two-off shift pattern, so i have to work weekends sometimes. I do the PI stuff in between, mostly during the week to be honest - when i do get a weekend day off i like to just relax... but we in the office refer to our 'two days off' as a weekend. It's short hand.

If i was just after a 'piece of ass' i wouldn't have turned these two women away.
  • KnuttinAtoll 1 Jun 2019 14:07:39 7,407 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rodimus-Prime wrote:

Goodbye friends.
    Goodbye.
  • JamboWayOh 1 Jun 2019 14:17:21 14,754 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Rodimus-Prime wrote:
    Nah, it's a two-on, two-off shift pattern, so i have to work weekends sometimes. I do the PI stuff in between, mostly during the week to be honest - when i do get a weekend day off i like to just relax... but we in the office refer to our 'two days off' as a weekend. It's short hand.

If i was just after a 'piece of ass' i wouldn't have turned these two women away.
    Rod, have you ever considered becoming a pick up artist or a gigolo. You'd go far my son.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 1 Jun 2019 14:29:33 1,267 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    Rodimus-Prime wrote:

Rod, have you ever considered becoming a pick up artist or a gigolo. You'd go far my son.
    The further the better...
  • robc84 25 Aug 2019 10:38:23 13,760 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I thought there was a general career advice thread but I this is the best I could find from the shitty search function. Plus itís fun to read back :)

So iíve been with my current company for 16 years, straight out of college. Itís the only place iíve ever worked. Iíve done pretty well (with support of the company) and have been part of the leadership team for about 5 years now. Itís pretty stressful, and my boss (the founder and CEO) and I see things very differently (heís a wheeler dealer sales type and iím finance).

Iíve been thinking for some time now that, while iíve got a good job here, for the sake of my future career i should really have some experience working in different environments. About a month ago I got approached by one of the former directors here about an opportunity at a company he works with. Same kind of role / level iím at now but with a bit more scope to shape the department. Fast forward a month and I need to make a decision. I think iíve pretty much decided that at some point I need to leave and this seems as good an opportunity.

Itís just really scary to move on after so many years and the fact that iím finding it so difficult to move on probably proves that I need to do it. I suppose iím not really asking for advice, just offloading. Maybe this should have gone in the random musings thread. If nothing else we can read all about the adventures of Rodimus PI again. And thatís fun, I forgot how much of a stud he is.
  • AaronTurner 25 Aug 2019 11:29:25 11,127 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Hmm, is it the boss or the former director that fancies you? Not sure youíve given us enough info to help you.
  • askew 25 Aug 2019 11:47:37 19,784 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    YES DO IT. Especially if it pays more. There might well be a lot of cash thatís been left on the table.
  • robc84 25 Aug 2019 11:50:09 13,760 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    AaronTurner wrote:
    Hmm, is it the boss or the former director that fancies you? Not sure youíve given us enough info to help you.
    Assume everyone fancies me.
  • Frogofdoom 25 Aug 2019 11:53:35 13,957 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Do it would be my advice as long as the new company is pretty secure.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 25 Aug 2019 11:55:09 16,780 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My biggest regret was spending 9 years at one place early in my career. Been moving around more since and have realised how much richer my work life is for it. Donít worry too much about the perceived risks. Itís not a big deal these days to change roles quite quickly if one doesnít work out.
  • robc84 25 Aug 2019 12:08:30 13,760 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Financially itís more stable, but itís a new role being pushed by the two NEDs (I know both of them). Iíve met one of the owners and he definitely seems on board with the idea, but I think there is a bit of a risk they could change their minds and go in a different direction. I think as long as I can build a decent notice period into the contract I should be ok. Itís just that I have the security of 16 years service where I am now in terms of redundancy etc.
  • fontgeeksogood 25 Aug 2019 13:54:23 6,775 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Why are you thinking about redundancy? That's not even necessarily Future robc84's problem.

Stop being such a pussy and go for it
  • KnuttinAtoll 25 Aug 2019 14:01:02 7,407 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Redundancy is a funny one.

I know quite a few people who are stuck in dead end jobs, but hang about because if they'd get a redun it'd be quite substantial.

I never got a redundancy (only got laid off once, and was only there for just over a year so payout was pretty much nada) because I always moved on when I realised things either went sour or boring, or a new opportunity presented itself.

I'd rather live in the knowledge I missed out on a potential but not guaranteed redun payment, rather than the (always positive, certainly experience wise) various career changes I went through. Ultimately, the graph income wise always pointed upwards, and quite decisively so, which wouldn't have happened to the same extent if I had stayed where I was.

So long story short, you'd be silly not to go for it. YOLO and all that.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.