Work-related problem. Advice welcome. Page 3

• Frogofdoom 12 May 2019 15:36:42 13,216 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    A good PI would stash some drugs in the desk of the stalker and then leave an anonymous tip that she was dealing from within the company. Get her fired and solve the problem. Then proceed to destroy every aspect of her life until she either kills herself or gets sent to prison.
  • ZuluHero 12 May 2019 17:39:40 7,396 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    GuybrushFreepwood wrote:
    ZuluHero wrote:
    I imagine Rodimus' life like a detective noir story...

'Light beams cut through the blinds into the smokey office, catching dust motes in the air. As I focus on them, marveling at them dancing in the light, I catch her looking at me. Our eyes lock for a moment, before she looks away, blushing.

"Is that a Mass Effect keyring?" she asks, her words are like silk, like the red, low cut dress that hugs her straining busom... '
    Go on...
    "You know your games" I reply, taken aback. She stands, her leg slipping from the long slit in her red dress. Leaning in close, her eyes obscured by the harsh shadows cast by the blinds, close enough that could result in another warning for sexual harassment. "No more games... " , the dust motes swirl in the eddies caused by her hot breath from her ruby lips, "... what about Nicky?" I look at her, surprised, "Nicky 2.0 is no more... ", I stammer, "I had to... retire her".

"Good", she smiles, "Now, I have to make sure I make something clear before Sarah's replacement arrives and no doubt falls head over heels for you as well." She glances quickly around the office to make sure we're alone. "What?" I just about manage, looking at the door, hoping that Rachel will burst in, catching us, just like the Christmas Party. She leans past me, grabbing the blind cord with her delicate red nail-polished fingers.

"This". She pulls, plunging the office into complete darkness.

Edited by ZuluHero at 17:52:31 12-05-2019
  • SnackPlissken 12 May 2019 17:44:58 970 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    If itís the second time itís happened then I bet youíre overly friendly with the ladies. Maybe cut back on slapping arses in the office.

Edited by SnackPlissken at 17:45:15 12-05-2019
  • JamboWayOh 12 May 2019 18:00:38 13,130 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I'm confused by the amount of people treating this as something true and giving proper advice. Regardless, thread delivered.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 12 May 2019 18:08:55 945 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @ZuluHero :) thanks for the laugh.

And yeah, no way anyone is as much of a pillock as Rod is making himself out to be in real life. Even gamers have limits.

Edited by GuybrushFreepwood at 19:55:30 12-05-2019
  • Frogofdoom 12 May 2019 18:14:18 13,216 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The only unbelievable thing in this whole thing is someone having dragon age 2 as their favourite game.
  • Rodimus-Prime 12 May 2019 18:55:00 313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Risen 2 is my absolute favourite game, but Dragon Age II is in the top five for sure.

And i'm afraid all the rest is true as well. I sent my email, so i'll keep you posted on the outcome. Hopefully Rachel realises that it's a bad idea and i'm just fretting over nothing.
  • dominalien 12 May 2019 19:03:55 9,129 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Surely the last two sentences of the email must be a joke? I donít really see what purpose theyíd serve in an actual work situation.
  • Rodimus-Prime 12 May 2019 19:23:58 313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The bit about Sarah's replacement falling in love with me was a joke, and one I thought better of making so removed from the email before sending.

The bit about catching up though? Rachel says that to me all the time.

Edited by Rodimus-Prime at 19:24:31 12-05-2019
  • fontgeeksogood 12 May 2019 19:27:53 6,042 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Do you ever worry Rachel is falling in love with you
  • Rodimus-Prime 12 May 2019 19:48:15 313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    That wouldn't worry me.
  • fontgeeksogood 12 May 2019 19:56:41 6,042 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    You are inconsistent no wonder the ladies go a bit mental
  • Trafford 12 May 2019 20:23:49 8,347 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There was a John Wagner comic in the early 90s called The Bogie Man.
    He was a mentalist also.
  • Bambot 12 May 2019 21:37:51 1,361 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Been binge-watching The Office and fancy yourself as a bit of a Ryan, if you ask me.
  • lordofthedunce 12 May 2019 21:40:50 546 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Frogofdoom wrote:
    Burn the place down and spend the rest of your life as Rodimus PI. Sailing the world on your sex barge solving the craziest of crimes whilst writing ice cream related fiction based on your capers.
    Would that make him, ahem, Magnum PI?
  • Rodimus-Prime 12 May 2019 22:41:03 313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Bambot wrote:
    Been binge-watching The Office and fancy yourself as a bit of a Ryan, if you ask me.
    I didn't ask you. I have also never sat through a whole episode of The Office. Extras is a much funnier show, and Mackenzie Crook's Detectorists is better still.

Honestly, I find it quite staggering that anyone would find the situation I find myself in to be that unbelievable. Most of the offices I have worked in have been full of people, not automatons who sit there all day emotionlessly processing data.

These things happen. Maybe they happen to me more than the average person, but I'm guessing most of us have had someone like us more than we like them.
  • GuybrushFreepwood 12 May 2019 23:23:42 945 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 months ago
    @Rodimus-Prime you posted a thread in a forum specifically asking for advice, so you actually did ask Bambot and the rest of us.

Obviously some of us will have had people weíre not as keen on be interested in us. However, when in a situation like that with a work mate, I didnít ask a gaming forum what they thought nor did I email my boss. I just made it plain I wasnít interested without hurting her feelings and she got the message. Itís not that hard.

I still donít believe itís genuine given how youíre talking about it and the PI paragon that is you, but if it were, Iíd be advising you to stop to think whether the problem might be you and not these women? Your boss might start thinking that when she reads your email.

On the off chance this is real and your boss does side with you, youíve potentially hurt someoneís career (insinuating sheís potentially bipolar as you see similar personality traits to Nicky was particularly low) because you canít deal with this yourself like most people would.
  • thelzdking 13 May 2019 06:31:07 9,353 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Chadimus PI.

The office Staceys can't resist his investigation of privates.
  • Rodimus-Prime 13 May 2019 06:55:56 313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    The problem definitely is not me. Unless being polite and helpful to new starters is a bad thing. I most certainly haven't led these women on... and almost every other person in the office is female, most of whom I have a platonic friendship with.

As for harming Kelly's career by insinuating she is bipolar - she may well be, but that's not for me to say. She is very up and down, and that has been noted by the management anyway. Part of the reason no one else wants to work with her is her tendency to drastically alter the mood of the office with a little outburst.

And Fussy Duck, that didn't happen. I remember speaking about how bad of a game Transformers Devestation was, but didn't you have a different name then?

Did you just get tired, or are you another of those people who 'lose their shit' on this forum and delete their account?

I may have spoken about G1 with the kind of passion that the office dames hear in their dreams, but if you think I got even a little angry you are very sorely mistaken.
  • challenge_hanukkah 13 May 2019 07:16:43 10,711 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Fuzzy done a racism and Craigy make go bye bye.
  • Frogofdoom 13 May 2019 07:20:04 13,216 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    He got banned as he gets very angry about Irish people in caravans.
  • Rodimus-Prime 13 May 2019 07:41:27 313 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Oh right.

Well, I'm not racist scum, so haven't had my profile banned or deleted. My entire comment history is there for all to see, so Fussy Duck's false allegations are easily disproven.

Ordinarily I wouldn't bother, but as some people are using it as a reason to think I'm making this all up... but you do know the paragon stuff was just a Mass Effect reference. It was intended as a sort of 'joke' after Decks' comment about my N7 keyring.

Don't get me wrong, I do walk on the side of virtue, but I don't consider myself some kind of saviour figure. Those comments were just added for colour.
  • Salaman 13 May 2019 08:15:20 23,614 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Rodimus-Prime wrote:
    Decks, you wouldn't joke about that if you saw the key to my flat.

Chicks. Go. Wild.

Who am i kidding, i am the Fonze.
    I won't lie, that's a cool keyring.

/wants

As for your situation. If other people are vocal and you fear you being more passive will get you fucked, then be vocal.

I sort of thought it was half plausible until you showed your draft email.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 May 2019 08:32:37 6,715 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Does anyone else find it worrying that (I can only assume) the government is paying Roddy to catch benefit cheats?
  • ChiefGB 13 May 2019 08:54:26 10,685 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ďOf all the insurance joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mineĒ

/smokes tab
  • X201 13 May 2019 09:05:52 19,210 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    ďOf all the insurance joints in all the towns in all the world, she walks into mineĒ

/smokes tab
    /needs more saxophone

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=PEI2zet48Uc
  • minky-kong 13 May 2019 09:12:08 14,232 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I hope Rodimus and Decks resolve their differences so a comic can be made of this utter fantasy situation. It would be a huge success!
  • fontgeeksogood 13 May 2019 09:14:28 6,042 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Problem is, Decks went on to international fame continuing his artistic vision integrity and Rod is left as a bitter data input clerk

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.