E3 2019 Page 3

• Fake_Blood 8 Jun 2019 18:38:33 9,653 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    minky-kong wrote:
    Armoured_Bear wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    Rodney wrote:
    I predict lots of trailers with no gameplay footage or release dates, vague announcements
    Youíve seen the Nintendo direct then
    What a stupid post. If anything, Nintendo are one of the very few companies who show gameplay footage rather than a year of CGI or cut scenes.
    He bite like fish!
    Nintendo Direct is more like 30 minutes of wobbling on about smash brothers and then a 2 minute montage where 3 out of the 20 games they show are long awaited gems.
  • Bichii 8 Jun 2019 18:39:44 1,891 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah I'm another that would much rather a linear experience. Way too many fluffed out open world games. I'm playing god of war at the moment and that's a perfect linear game with a few splashes of open world elements.
  • ChiefGB 8 Jun 2019 18:43:02 11,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    ^exactly what Iím getting at, was editing the very same above. But if itís like that why wouldnít they show that? Thatís my worry, this is what they choose to show. It did look like it played well and Iíll buy it. Iím just tempering my asstemps up front.
  • sport 8 Jun 2019 18:45:26 15,168 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I feel betrayed by this new Star Wars. This is not what we wanted.
  • JamboWayOh 8 Jun 2019 18:47:46 14,657 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    ^exactly what Iím getting at, was editing the very same above. But if itís like that why wouldnít they show that? Thatís my worry, this is what they choose to show. It did look like it played well and Iíll buy it. Iím just tempering my asstemps up front.
    Maybe they want a few surprises, keep the powder dry and all that. I don't think there was any pre release info about God of War being a hub based linear game.
  • ChiefGB 8 Jun 2019 18:48:08 11,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Thereís a lot of passion on this battlefield segment, itís a shame itís taken a year for them to get the game to here, itís decent a game but ive fallen away somewhat.
  • Dombat 8 Jun 2019 18:48:42 1,628 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    This host on the BFV segment is fucking awful. Constantly interrupting people with nothing worth saying.
  • Ror 8 Jun 2019 18:50:05 18,808 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So is EA's thing as dire as it usually is? I can't even be arsed to watch it this year.
  • ChiefGB 8 Jun 2019 18:50:38 11,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Maybe they want a few surprises, keep the powder dry and all that. I don't think there was any pre release info about God of War being a hub based linear game.
    Well thereís more to come tomorrow so yeah hereís hoping thereís just a little bit more to come.

Iím just a bit burnt these days, itís hard to get swept away with the hype anymore :(

Maybe I have caught up with fuzzy......is there anyone Irish in here I can pick a fight with??
  • ChiefGB 8 Jun 2019 18:51:55 11,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Dombat wrote:
    This host on the BFV segment is fucking awful. Constantly interrupting people with nothing worth saying.
    She has multiple nose piercings (high level of slutness confirmed). Probably has a tramp stamp too 🤣🤣🤣
  • JamboWayOh 8 Jun 2019 18:52:29 14,657 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Thereís a lot of passion on this battlefield segment, itís a shame itís taken a year for them to get the game to here, itís decent a game but ive fallen away somewhat.
    I still can't get on board with 5. The floaty controls and the meta of being shot by hordes of players lying prone, camping in the shadows killed it for me.
  • ChiefGB 8 Jun 2019 18:53:59 11,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah Iím out now, 90 mins of fifa,madden and sims 4 and Iíll have topped myself 😬
  • JamboWayOh 8 Jun 2019 18:55:41 14,657 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Yeah Iím out now, 90 mins of fifa,madden and sims 4 and Iíll have topped myself 😬
    Did they bring on some 'pro' fifa and madden players on to bring the 'hypez'?
  • ChiefGB 8 Jun 2019 18:55:55 11,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    ChiefGB wrote:
    I still can't get on board with 5. The floaty controls and the meta of being shot by hordes of players lying prone, camping in the shadows killed it for me.
    Yeah Iím probably a million miles away from coming close to competing at this point.

Battlefront 2 gets 5mins lol, thereís a game I just havenít ever felt comfortable playing. Looked lush though, make that less than 3 lol.

Edited by ChiefGB at 18:58:16 08-06-2019
  • ChiefGB 8 Jun 2019 18:57:47 11,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Did they bring on some 'pro' fifa and madden players on to bring the 'hypez'?
    Doubt it, theyíve blown their budget on Greg Miller from the looks of it.

And presumably this self titled ďgolden boyĒ that Iím guessing the kidz may have heard of, surely with such a pretentious nick.
  • THFourteen 8 Jun 2019 18:59:25 52,759 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Legacy FIFA on Switch.

Whateva mingas

Maybe Konami will surprise me with PES. Not fanboy.
  • Dombat 8 Jun 2019 19:00:49 1,628 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Goldenboy is well known within the Twitch and esports communities. He's certainly an acquired taste though...
  • ChiefGB 8 Jun 2019 19:03:35 11,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    And there we have it, Iím too old for that shit.

Or any of this shit from the looks of it 😔
    I do like to bring my ďuniqueĒ form of pessimism to these things though.
  • ChiefGB 8 Jun 2019 19:08:38 11,303 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Letís turn this upside down, what are people must looking forward too?
    And yes duff, we know, gears 5 🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣🤣
  • Dombat 8 Jun 2019 19:09:53 1,628 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I wish I didn't bother watching all this tbh.

The Star Wars game looks good but I'm not particularly hyped for it at this stage. I only play Apex very casually and I'm not interested in the other games here.
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Jun 2019 19:10:57 24,894 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    sport wrote:
    I feel betrayed by this new Star Wars. This is not what we wanted.
    "This is not the game you are looking for, you can go about your business, move along"

...you cross 'em and I will head them in! ;)
  • DUFFMAN5 8 Jun 2019 19:11:40 24,894 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Really, I forgot all about that...;)
  • JamboWayOh 8 Jun 2019 19:16:26 14,657 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    ChiefGB wrote:
    Genuinely excited to see what Microsoft have got to show, 14 1st party games is a big deal.
  • crashVoodoo 8 Jun 2019 19:40:05 6,346 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Do Sony have any presence at all?
  • JamboWayOh 8 Jun 2019 19:45:10 14,657 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    crashVoodoo wrote:
    Do Sony have any presence at all?
    They've skipped it this year.
  • Technoishmatt 8 Jun 2019 19:49:35 3,508 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I thought the star wars footage looked great. After TF1, TF2, and Apex, I have lots of faith in Respawn. I would be happy with a game the same length as TF2, but the internet probably wouldn't as there is no MP.
  • Frogofdoom 8 Jun 2019 19:52:52 13,910 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Definitely needs to be longer than 5 hours considering there is no multiplayer.
  • Phattso 8 Jun 2019 21:13:10 24,816 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Iím surprised anyone is positive about the Star Wars game footage. Looked like a tarted up last gen game to me. Derivative and a bit soulless. Didnít get any of the feels I was expecting.

After TF2 I have a decent amount of faith in Respawn... but that footage has put me right off. :-(

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.