Elden Ring Page 3

  • Rogueywon 10 Jun 2019 15:43:40 11,963 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    With every additional drip-feed of information, this is sounding more and more "my sort of thing".
  • Rodderz 10 Jun 2019 16:12:04 4,455 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/elden-ring-will-be-more-dark-souls-than-sekiro-and-way-bigger-than-both/
    Nice one quad. From that article:

    Miyazaki refers to the world of Elden Ring as a "large, open field" with areas hiding "intricately designed, multi-layered castles and such."
    Sounds really intriguing! The journo writing the article mentioned the prospect of a Skyrim style world, but reading that Miyazaki quote I'm kind of thinking more of a dark fantasy Zelda-esque world, with a large open area to explore that then leads to different 'hubs'. Can't wait to see some actual gameplay footage too!

    I wonder if this will also be a cross-gen title with Xbox2.0 and, no doubt, PS5 landing next year.
  • Derblington 10 Jun 2019 16:48:15 35,010 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Reading about this is kind of making me want to play the Dark Souls trilogy finally.
  • Lotos8ter 10 Jun 2019 17:00:37 3,115 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Really looking forward to this. Hope the castles & towns locations is included; a bit like Far Cry where you liberate an area and then use it for travel & resources.
    Would be good to get away from poison swamps & frozen land sort of places too.

    Having said all that, I canít see this releasing before end of 2020, maybe later.
  • Deleted user 10 June 2019 17:04:08
    I don't mind more story but I hope it's not like Fallout or Oblivion or any of these other WRPGs where you talk to a clay faced twat for hours to get fetch quests and the like.
  • Rivuzu 10 Jun 2019 17:10:26 18,420 posts
    Seen 21 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Joyless_Man wrote:
    Is your R Mika still terrible? I don't remember you being very kingly at SFV
    Actually, who is this? A re-reg? I don't recognise the name and don't keep up with the goings on much.

    Joyless Man makes me think of Fuzzy but pretty sure he's still banned for being a big old racist.
  • neilka 10 Jun 2019 17:26:16 23,959 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I can't imagine anyone making it back in through EG's airtight banning system.
  • Scimarad 10 Jun 2019 18:48:57 9,955 posts
    Seen 16 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Well this is starting sound pretty damned enticing!
  • quadfather 10 Jun 2019 19:00:25 38,797 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/elden-ring-will-be-more-dark-souls-than-sekiro-and-way-bigger-than-both/
    Nice one quad. From that article:

    Miyazaki refers to the world of Elden Ring as a "large, open field" with areas hiding "intricately designed, multi-layered castles and such."
    Sounds really intriguing! The journo writing the article mentioned the prospect of a Skyrim style world, but reading that Miyazaki quote I'm kind of thinking more of a dark fantasy Zelda-esque world, with a large open area to explore that then leads to different 'hubs'. Can't wait to see some actual gameplay footage too!

    I wonder if this will also be a cross-gen title with Xbox2.0 and, no doubt, PS5 landing next year.
    And zero mention of lofty heights \o/
  • senso-ji 10 Jun 2019 19:21:43 10,147 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Souls combat/rpg elements mixed with the open world of something like Witcher 3 would be perfect.
  • Deleted user 10 June 2019 19:37:34
    quadfather wrote:
    Rodderz wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    https://www.pcgamer.com/amp/elden-ring-will-be-more-dark-souls-than-sekiro-and-way-bigger-than-both/
    Nice one quad. From that article:

    Miyazaki refers to the world of Elden Ring as a "large, open field" with areas hiding "intricately designed, multi-layered castles and such."
    Sounds really intriguing! The journo writing the article mentioned the prospect of a Skyrim style world, but reading that Miyazaki quote I'm kind of thinking more of a dark fantasy Zelda-esque world, with a large open area to explore that then leads to different 'hubs'. Can't wait to see some actual gameplay footage too!

    I wonder if this will also be a cross-gen title with Xbox2.0 and, no doubt, PS5 landing next year.
    And zero mention of lofty heights \o/
    I'm sure there will be suitable heights for you to plummet from.
  • quadfather 10 Jun 2019 19:52:22 38,797 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Addy__

    Don't be ridiculous. They wouldn't punish me with their 6th game in a row
  • Rodderz 10 Jun 2019 22:01:55 4,455 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    @Addy__

    Don't be ridiculous. They wouldn't punish me with their 6th game in a row
    That quote by Miyazaki does mention "multi-layered" castles, so I guess they've likely got some battelements to plummet from 😁
  • quadfather 10 Jun 2019 22:43:55 38,797 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @Addy__

    Don't be ridiculous. They wouldn't punish me with their 6th game in a row
    That quote by Miyazaki does mention "multi-layered" castles, so I guess they've likely got some battelements to plummet from 😁
    Don't fucking fuel him, you're supposed to be on my side!
  • wuntyate 10 Jun 2019 22:58:56 17,204 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I'm sure this time there will be inflatable armour so you can bounce back up, only to be "pushed" off again...
  • Fonzie 10 Jun 2019 23:25:23 3,476 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Rodderz wrote:
    quadfather wrote:
    @Addy__

    Don't be ridiculous. They wouldn't punish me with their 6th game in a row
    That quote by Miyazaki does mention "multi-layered" castles, so I guess they've likely got some battelements to plummet from 😁
    Or lifts to fall down.
  • damagedinc 11 Jun 2019 09:22:05 3,063 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I hear you automatically start the game with a balder side sword and a parachute
  • Nanocrystal 11 Jun 2019 09:37:46 2,473 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Drop it guys. You're bringing quad down. He's fed up of being the fall guy. My opinion of you all is plummeting to new depths.
  • Rodderz 12 Jun 2019 20:58:48 4,455 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    New article on the front page with a tiny bit more detail. The main part is that the open-world of Elden Ring is big enough that Miyazaki and co have added a horse for your character to be able to travel around on.

    *no word on whether said horse can go over the edge of a cliff with your main character yet. If it's sensible, it'll be designed to throw you off at the last moment and spare itself the embarrassment 😉

    Edited by Rodderz at 21:01:35 12-06-2019
  • ZuluHero 13 Jun 2019 09:31:52 10,220 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    Drop it guys. You're bringing quad down. He's fed up of being the fall guy. My opinion of you all is plummeting to new depths.
    I'd hate for him to go all 'Falling Down' on us...
  • quadfather 13 Jun 2019 10:25:56 38,797 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    https://images.app.goo.gl/DG9RPGDpgzfddV4z7

    /Reloads
  • Rodderz 13 Jun 2019 13:46:26 4,455 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    https://images.app.goo.gl/DG9RPGDpgzfddV4z7

    /Reloads
    Followed by: https://image.shutterstock.com/image-photo/business-man-falling-down-stairs-260nw-133083437.jpg

    😁
  • Nanocrystal 14 Sep 2020 23:43:34 2,473 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Where the fuck is this game??
  • Bichii 14 Sep 2020 23:54:39 4,606 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Ban please
  • Rodderz 15 Sep 2020 10:46:05 4,455 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Nanocrystal wrote:
    Where the fuck is this game??
    They're probably sprucing it up for next-gen systems.
  • wuntyate 15 Sep 2020 10:47:08 17,204 posts
    Seen 57 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    George RR Martin is involved isn't he.

    Says it all really.
  • creepiest-lizard 15 Sep 2020 10:48:42 2,589 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I bet this will still be out before the next bloody game of thrones book.
  • Trafford 15 Sep 2020 11:00:03 9,274 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think he could be an Albatross around From's neck.
  • Samildanach 15 Sep 2020 16:51:17 606 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    I doubt he is the delay (despite his history). He just wrote a bit of background lore for them, and then they are building the game from that.
    I suspect that the delay is to make sure the game is so AWESOME that our minds won't be able to comprehend the brilliance of it.

    Hopefully.
  • Fonzie 15 Sep 2020 19:52:26 3,476 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Considering we've not even seen any in game footage or any gameplay, I would think this is a long way from being released yet. I bet it will be a PS5 game and won't even be released on PS4.

    Edited by Fonzie at 19:52:52 15-09-2020
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.