Breath of the Wild 2 Page 2

• Armoured_Bear 11 Jun 2019 23:02:11 27,324 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    CrispyXUKTurbo wrote:
    Got some majoras vibes from the teaser, maybe because it’s not often there’s a direct sequel.
    Definitely has a darker feel, be very interesting to find out the settings, in the trailer, is the castle taking off somewhere? Or erupting somehow?
    Hopefully it's their big Xmas 2020 game.
  • drhickman1983 11 Jun 2019 23:27:21 6,024 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    I find it a bit odd when people say there were no dungeons in BotW. The Divine Beats were the dungeons. I agree there could have been more, but there absolutely were proper traditional dungeons in the game.
    I get where your coming from, but even the divine beasts didn't feel as, for want of a better term, dugeony as I'd have liked. I can't articulate why very well, but they didnt *feel* the same to me. Fortunately as I'm not a professional writer I don't need to articulate myself better :p
  • DangerousDave_87 11 Jun 2019 23:33:50 6,310 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I'm personally happy they're gone. I wouldn't say no to one, but they're not as fun as the small scale puzzle solving in the shrines. Too much backtracking, which slows the gameplay down. It's what I hate about Ocarina, Wind Waker and Twilight Princess.
  • drhickman1983 11 Jun 2019 23:38:44 6,024 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Different strokes to different folks, and all, but I got bored of shrines quite quickly, to the point where I haven't completed over half of them as I just couldn't be bothered.

Edited by drhickman1983 at 23:39:14 11-06-2019
  • quadfather 11 Jun 2019 23:42:37 34,872 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    Am I the only person who liked the shrines?
    No
  • Tomo 11 Jun 2019 23:55:30 16,701 posts
    Seen 9 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Found the shrines pretty dull. And the dungeons I've done so far weren't that great imo. The weakest aspects of the game for me, and basically why I don't think it's an absolute classic. Pretty much everything else is wonderful though. Apart from the cooking. Fuck combining ingredients over and over.
  • Saul_Iscariot 12 Jun 2019 05:29:26 3,161 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @MartyrSebastian249 I am sure that the little girl in Kakariko village visits a graveyard where her mother is buried.
  • challenge_hanukkah 12 Jun 2019 05:49:30 11,114 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MartyrSebastian249 wrote:
    I felt that BotW, while an amazing game, needed a bit more of a dark undertone to offset the sillier aspects (God I hate the Gorons). Where were the Redeads? Why was there not a single cemetery in all of Hyrule?
    I hope the sequel will add a bit of darkness to the world.
    It's down to all the cultural marxism.

Japan is awash with SJWs.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Jun 2019 06:51:36 21,167 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I felt that BotW, while an amazing game, needed a bit more of a dark undertone to offset the sillier aspects (God I hate the Gorons). Where were the Redeads? Why was there not a single cemetery in all of Hyrule?
    So a game where the bad guy basically won, killed most of the heroes and enveloped the world in a hundred years of terror wasn't dark enough for you?
  • CrispyXUKTurbo 12 Jun 2019 08:31:05 2,024 posts
    Seen 19 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Haha, the world is literally in ruins :)
  • elstoof 12 Jun 2019 08:32:03 23,911 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Suppose I better try and finish the first one before this comes out
  • Load_2.0 12 Jun 2019 08:35:40 29,742 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I really liked the Shrines.

I would hate to be forced into long Dungeon sequences, the Divine Beasts were probably my least favourite part of the game.

Loved the open world with hidden areas/shrines tucked away. It made the world seem so much larger and it was great fun to roam about without an agenda.

The only improvement would be to add a larger population. The world at times felt a little empty. Would love to see one with bigger cities and more interaction.
  • Graxlar_v3 12 Jun 2019 08:37:31 7,617 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I liked the shrines and divine beasts - personally, I would have liked 4/5 proper dungeons instead of the divine beasts but I wouldn’t want a dungeon to replace the shrines.
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Jun 2019 08:39:48 27,324 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    So a game where the bad guy basically won, killed most of the heroes and enveloped the world in a hundred years of terror wasn't dark enough for you?
    Haha
  • Armoured_Bear 12 Jun 2019 08:40:50 27,324 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    elstoof wrote:
    Suppose I better try and finish the first one before this comes out
    You probably have a good 15 months at least.

If I didn't have such a backlog, I'd start another play through, definitely my personal GOAT.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 12 Jun 2019 08:43:08 16,673 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Load_2.0 wrote:
    I really liked the Shrines.

I would hate to be forced into long Dungeon sequences, the Divine Beasts were probably my least favourite part of the game.

Loved the open world with hidden areas/shrines tucked away. It made the world seem so much larger and it was great fun to roam about without an agenda.

The only improvement would be to add a larger population. The world at times felt a little empty. Would love to see one with bigger cities and more interaction.
    Yes it was disappointing to not experience Hyrule City once it came back to life. Bit like Wind Waker when you couldn’t really get to explore it.

Hoping this has Hyrule City in all its pomp and glory.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Jun 2019 10:39:14 21,167 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    CrispyXUKTurbo wrote:
    Haha, the world is literally in ruins :)
    This is not even mentioning the giant blood red moon, or the fact that most of the main characters you talk to are ghosts.

They're ghosts BECAUSE THEY ALL DIED.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Jun 2019 11:01:04 21,167 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Anyway, I liked the shrines. It was nice to have something bite-sized, though I don't think there's really needed to be quite so many of them. A few too many of the test of strength ones, for example.

But I do hope they try something different for the new one. Even though I loved the first game, I don't really want just more of the same.
  • askew 12 Jun 2019 15:00:31 19,730 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You've levelled up!
  • JoelStinty 12 Jun 2019 15:02:49 8,065 posts
    Seen 28 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    MartyrSebastian250 wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Yes, but the overall tone of the game is not just determined by the post apocalyptic setting. That’s the main issue I had: I felt that most of the characters you meet in the game don’t reflect the world they live in, whimsical rather than fearful or distrustful. Visiting a town felt like an intrusion of the titular “wild” rather than an extension of it.
    I actually liked the tone of the game because for large parts of it you could just ignore all the setting and story and just be link and have fun. Most of the games have link losing his childhood as he is sent on a quest, but this just allowed you to piss around with the emergent gameplay and physics and gives him one. A majority of the puzzles, and korok seeds etc feel like a child's own adventure. It really struck a chord with me.

Saying that, i wouldn't be adverse to a darker take on the world.
  • disusedgenius 12 Jun 2019 15:04:44 10,029 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I found it was a nice contrast to have a game set in a world trying to rebuild in something of a positive spirit after an apocalypse. Even if this one is a bit darker I'd like to keep some semblance of that.
  • el_pollo_diablo 13 Jun 2019 10:16:30 2,964 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Loved BOTW but cooking was a bit of a chore. I wish they'd let me pick a recipe rather than have to manually add ingredients. In fact I found dipping in and out of menus pretty dull overall. Would rather weapon selection for example was a long button press / radial menu type system or similar.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 13 Jun 2019 10:22:38 16,673 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    For me the only improvements I’d like to see are :

- something that allows you to prolong or stop weapon degradation, spells or a fairy or whatever
    - batch cooking (for the love of god)
    - proper post completion playability, not just a save before the final boss
    - better horses/modes of transport

Edited by You-can-call-me-kal at 10:22:48 13-06-2019
  • Fake_Blood 13 Jun 2019 12:05:16 9,653 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    And now we play the waiting game.
  • Armoured_Bear 13 Jun 2019 12:30:33 27,324 posts
    Seen 12 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I found BoTW to be a beautiful game but in some places, especially the mountains and rocks, the textures are horrendous so I'm looking forward to it looking quite a bit prettier.
  • JosepmLy 18 Jun 2019 12:27:43 2 posts
    Seen 3 months ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Just can't avoid posting of this

If you are interested, I wrote a text for this meme with help of this website https://edubirdie.com/essay-editing-service. Check it out.

Edited by JosepmLy at 12:34:41 18-06-2019
  • dominalien 18 Jun 2019 12:50:01 9,233 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    el_pollo_diablo wrote:
    Would rather weapon selection for example was a long button press / radial menu type system or similar.
    Huh?
  • Ienjoysquid 18 Jun 2019 23:10:43 339 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Ganon's come back AGAIN?

Edited by Ienjoysquid at 23:10:51 18-06-2019

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.