Luigi's Mansion 3 Page 4

Next Last
  • DangerousDave_87 23 Feb 2020 19:58:58 6,811 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The kitten thing may have worked better in a more open level structure, but considering how linear the game is for the most part, it was pretty annoying chasing it back through floors you'd previously cleared.

Still, that film floor was brilliant as its own little thing.
  • ukaskew37 3 Mar 2020 08:25:32 218 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Completed this with my 5 year old at the weekend, 12.5 hours (him as Luigi, me as Gooigi), I fear we've peaked in terms of manageable games! Mario Odyssey next.

Given the story conclusion it makes sense that you can't go back and 100% the game unless you return to an old save, but it's frustrating all the same. Interestingly as completion goes this is so, so much easier than Yoshi's Crafted World (some of those sunflowers are pure evil), we're going back and getting Boos and gems with no real difficulties.
  • DangerousDave_87 3 Mar 2020 10:30:44 6,811 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Cheers for the heads up on completion there. I've got all but 4 gems so far. Was going to come back at the the end, but will have to get it all done the floor before.
  • askew 3 Mar 2020 12:29:29 21,552 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    The kitten thing may have worked better in a more open level structure, but considering how linear the game is for the most part, it was pretty annoying chasing it back through floors you'd previously cleared.

Still, that film floor was brilliant as its own little thing.
    Oh yes, this pissed me off. Just as I reached the top floor, having to chase the cat for the nth time felt cheap.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 3 Mar 2020 13:07:56 8,979 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I'm on floor 11 now. Found the Egyptian floor a bit tiresome, the boss in particular (colision detection seemed fucked at times). Mostly enjoyed this, but starting to hope I'm near the end.
  • crashVoodoo 9 Mar 2020 09:36:03 6,680 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    I've just completed the same floor as RW quoted above, in general I enjoyed it but the boss was crap and didn't really telegraph that you were affecting her. Also the laser/chain puzzle was stupid.

I know it's a general gaming trait so I can't level it solely at this game but I do find it annoying how they sometimes leave you confused as what to do. After trying everything you then realise tactic required is not sensible but a result of them arbitrarily decided that this is the 'win' button.

I was pushing sand trying to create walls to block the lasers, using gooigi try and block them, sucking, blowing thinking they'd spin. Nope. Blast jump was the solution!

Edited by crashVoodoo at 09:37:07 09-03-2020
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 9 Mar 2020 10:06:55 8,979 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @crashVoodoo Yeah, that annoyed me. They barely make you use that move up to that point, then suddenly it's essential for beating a time-limited puzzle.
  • Armoured_Bear 9 Mar 2020 10:25:55 28,862 posts
    Seen 54 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I started this last night and I'm well impressed with the visuals, it's bloody gorgeous.
    Made me think how much Nintendo games like this could benefit from HDR, hope the Switch Pro has it whenever it arrives.
  • crashVoodoo 11 Mar 2020 13:13:08 6,680 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Game is dragging now. Twisted suites was crap and the doors jumping around rooms on the map can do one.

Clever idea for the boss fight but quite hard to follow when they spun and punishing if you get hit.

3 more floors left, I'm ready for it to end now
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Mar 2020 15:37:50 8,979 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @crashVoodoo I quite liked that floor. The warp-door maze was an old gameplay idea, but I thought it was done quite well. But I was definitely ready for the game to be wrapping up by that point. Bad news is that you do have a bit longer to go than the strict floor-count might imply.
  • crashVoodoo 11 Mar 2020 17:34:15 6,680 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @Rogueywon you completed it? How much further?
    I've just finished off the B2 and off back to B1 with my power up

Edited by crashVoodoo at 17:35:10 11-03-2020
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Mar 2020 19:02:42 8,979 posts
    Seen 23 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @crashVoodoo Ah, if you've done the basement detour, then you're getting closer. I found that detour really, really annoying. Another trek through B2 was not on my wishlist, to put it mildly.

The remaining three floors are pretty short, albeit there are some major bosses. 13 and 14 are barely more than an antechamber and a boss room. Unfortunately, you do have another run-in with that fucking cat still to come and it's even more annoying than the first one.

I'd say 2-3 hours left, depending on how quickly you can figure out the boss mechanics. Obviously more if you want to get all completionist on the collectibles, but I'm guessing you don't.
  • crashVoodoo 16 Mar 2020 11:14:35 6,680 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Helen Gravely was a crap fight because it took a few attempts to work out the mechanics and each retry you're subjected to the unskippable cutscene with talking.

Then there was the King Boo boss fight and that was a pain in the arse as you can only hit him with one item. Item only appears in 1 of four cycles and he doesn't really give you a window to hit him before he recycles onto the next attack pattern.

Still it's done and I enjoyed it but it does labour towards the end

Edited by crashVoodoo at 11:15:28 16-03-2020
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.