Fire Emblem: Three Houses Page 21

  • Ror 11 Aug 2019 21:34:38 18,702 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Ror wrote:
    Finally made a start on this today, enjoying it so far. But why does Dedue look like a Jojo character?
    Just wait til you meet Raphael
    I'd already met him. Dedue still looks more Jojo-y. It's the face.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Aug 2019 23:30:54 6,159 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    So I think I'm at the part where I'm going to have to start killing the students I wasn't able to recruit before. I think I'll get the professor to do the deed as much as possible, it's only fair.
    Yes, I did the same. And I hummed The Rains of Castamere while I did it.
  • Graxlar_v3 11 Aug 2019 23:40:43 7,311 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I just got to the big where Byleth turns super seiyen
  • Duffking 12 Aug 2019 00:42:20 16,262 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Jesus fuck has anyone done the Petra/Bernadetta paralogue? That was like FE Conquest difficulty with some Awakening recinforcements bullshit thrown in on the side.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Aug 2019 05:13:27 20,831 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    So I think I'm at the part where I'm going to have to start killing the students I wasn't able to recruit before. I think I'll get the professor to do the deed as much as possible, it's only fair.
    Yes, I did the same. And I hummed The Rains of Castamere while I did it.
    Lorenz will be first. I wasted so many fucking presents trying to get him on side, only to be rejected time and time again when my Charisma or whatever the fuck wasn't high enough.

    But I'll show him. I'll show ALL of them. THIS IS WHAT YOU GET FOR REJECTING ME


    Edited by Mola_Ram at 05:14:46 12-08-2019
  • Mola_Ram 12 Aug 2019 05:16:09 20,831 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hang on, why are the police here?
  • ghearoid 12 Aug 2019 08:32:20 3,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I kind of want to do a play through where I don't recruit any of the students just so I can see how they show up in battles in the second half.

    I also want to do a play through where I recruit everyone just to see all the support conversations.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Aug 2019 08:45:58 20,831 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    That was... harder than I was expecting it to be. It's a really cool decision, letting you get personal with the students in the first half before you have to murder them later. Makes it much more interesting than fighting just a bunch of random generals.

    Still, they all must die for crossing me. I will shed exactly one tear for each.
  • Graxlar_v3 12 Aug 2019 09:14:20 7,311 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Hilda is my new favourite... I just killed a beast with her and she started to chant her own name 😂
  • GloatingSwine 12 Aug 2019 20:45:20 3,822 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ror wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Ror wrote:
    Finally made a start on this today, enjoying it so far. But why does Dedue look like a Jojo character?
    Just wait til you meet Raphael
    I'd already met him. Dedue still looks more Jojo-y. It's the face.
    Raphael's more a Go Nagai character. Except nicer.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 12 Aug 2019 22:59:43 6,159 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ok, so, killing Flayn. That hurt.
  • ChiefGB 12 Aug 2019 23:20:16 11,086 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Iíve not been able to get time on this, this week as away on hols and frankly too fucked most of time to focus on it.
    Missing my crew tbh.
  • Mola_Ram 13 Aug 2019 17:52:10 20,831 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Oof, that Gronder Field do-over was pretty rough. I guess the time rewind thing is pretty valuable, when you have reinforcements appearing out of nowhere as a matter of course.

    I also didn't make it very easy on myself by insisting that the professor give all the traitors the "personal touch" (of death). But he managed to do it for most of them, or at least the ones he was most annoyed by. BET YOU WISHED YOU STAYED IN YOUR ROOM, EH BERNADETTA.
  • Ror 13 Aug 2019 18:21:09 18,702 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    So I failed the house mock battle :) I, perhaps rather naively, thought it would be a three way battle, and tried to play the other two off against each other.

    Didn't make that mistake the second time. Enjoying this so far! Now to be less stupid.
  • Mola_Ram 13 Aug 2019 18:29:15 20,831 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    They do actually attack each other. But you get a bonus for getting the most kills, so it's better to do as much as you can yourself.
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Aug 2019 18:29:41 7,311 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Oof, that Gronder Field do-over was pretty rough. I guess the time rewind thing is pretty valuable, when you have reinforcements appearing out of nowhere as a matter of course.

    I also didn't make it very easy on myself by insisting that the professor give all the traitors the "personal touch" (of death). But he managed to do it for most of them, or at least the ones he was most annoyed by. BET YOU WISHED YOU STAYED IN YOUR ROOM, EH BERNADETTA.
    Poor Bernadetta, she had a hard life and by the sounds of it a hard death
  • Graxlar_v3 13 Aug 2019 18:30:10 7,311 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    @Mola_Ram I think Ror means the first battle.
  • Ror 13 Aug 2019 20:56:46 18,702 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Yep, the very first one :) I had the 'smart' idea of moving up the middle, intending to draw them both into the middle too, before retreating a bit and letting them go at each other. Instead, they ignored each other and went at me D:
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 13 Aug 2019 23:01:45 6,159 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Marianne's paralogue is complete and utter bullshit. If there is a platonic form of bullshit, it is that battle.

    Got it done, but even with teleport-cheese, it took me far longer than it should have and my eventual victory came down to RNG falling my way a few times. Fuck knows what they were doing when they designed that mission. Even Fates/Conquest didn't have anything like that.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Aug 2019 03:03:57 20,831 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    @Mola_Ram I think Ror means the first battle.
    And so did I
  • Mola_Ram 14 Aug 2019 03:07:53 20,831 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    Marianne's paralogue is complete and utter bullshit. If there is a platonic form of bullshit, it is that battle.

    Got it done, but even with teleport-cheese, it took me far longer than it should have and my eventual victory came down to RNG falling my way a few times. Fuck knows what they were doing when they designed that mission. Even Fates/Conquest didn't have anything like that.
    I thought it was fine tbh. Not terribly easy, but not the hardest paralogue either. At the start there are only two monsters actually threatening her, and they're easy to break. Then circle back around with torches, baiting the rest out as you go.

    But does it change depending on when in the story you unlock it? Do the enemies scale or something?
  • Graxlar_v3 14 Aug 2019 05:52:01 7,311 posts
    Seen 17 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    @Mola_Ram I think Ror means the first battle.
    And so did I
    The first battle isnít won by how many you killed, thatís the mid-end year battle. The first battle is just kill everyone.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Aug 2019 06:09:15 20,831 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    Graxlar_v3 wrote:
    @Mola_Ram I think Ror means the first battle.
    And so did I
    The first battle isnít won by how many you killed, thatís the mid-end year battle. The first battle is just kill everyone.
    Oh yeah, I forgot there was two of them.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 14 Aug 2019 07:22:44 6,159 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Mola_Ram When I did it, Marianne was 31 and some of my characters were in the 40s. The recommended level was 28. The "boss" monster could hit her for 40 damage per hit (with two hits in an attack), which was a 1-hit kill and would target her relentlessly. Her attacks couldn't really dent it. Other monsters could take off more than half her health and while she could hurt them, she couldn't break them in 1 turn. The boss monster doesn't move until turn 2, but even so, I only got the mission beaten because the boss managed to miss both of its hits on her.

    Dunno if they're using some kind of level scaling mechanics. It's quite possible that they are, as some of the "random" optional battles have obvious level scaling.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Aug 2019 07:48:33 20,831 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Hrm, that's weird. When I did it (main group was 30ish, Marianne was 21), the boss monster didn't move until much later than turn 2. I had fliers and high-movement units (boosted by a Stride gambit) go up and break the shields of the normal monsters near her on turn 1, and she was basically able to go be with the rest of the group. Then we just went around clockwise, clearing monsters as we went. Getting close to the boss triggered more spawns, but we just killed him the next turn anyway.

    I guess the boss is triggered by movement within a certain range, not number of turns taken. I could definitely see the map being super-hard if he's aggroed early on.

    Edited by Mola_Ram at 08:00:05 14-08-2019
  • jack5255 14 Aug 2019 08:10:23 820 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:


    I guess the boss is triggered by movement within a certain range, not number of turns taken. I could definitely see the map being super-hard if he's aggroed early on.

    This could well be the case. I triggered the death knight to attack in his first appearance on my ng+ run because i grabbed the xp tiles near him. First run through he didnt move at all and i did give him a wide berth just to be sure.

    Just coming up to the battle of the eagle and the lion on ng+, this time with Golden Deer instead of Black Eagle. Stole felix and dorothea so got me a mortal savant and dancer in the making. Ignatz has definitely dropped out of the rotation though, poor guy
  • Mola_Ram 14 Aug 2019 08:21:50 20,831 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Well yeah, but in the example we're talking about, the boss starts moving even when you're not in its attack range.

    The Death Knight at least is predictable: killing him mostly just requires Gambits, anti-knight attacks and a bit of luck. But you're not actually supposed to do that - it's just there as a bit of an extra challenge.

    Edited by Mola_Ram at 08:36:04 14-08-2019
  • ghearoid 14 Aug 2019 08:43:09 3,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    jack5255 wrote:
    Stole felix and dorothea so got me a mortal savant and dancer in the making. Ignatz has definitely dropped out of the rotation though, poor guy
    Aw, poor Ignatz. He was one of my best units in my Golden Deer play through. He could one shot anything from range and never miss, plus his speed and avoidance meant he was rarely hit by anything, even mages.

    Edited by ghearoid at 08:45:04 14-08-2019
  • Mola_Ram 14 Aug 2019 08:52:11 20,831 posts
    Seen 24 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't mind Ignatz, but we've already got two great archers and it's difficult to make the case for yet another Sniper or Bow Knight. He might be a decent mage, but we have even more of those.

    Seriously, there are way too many mages in this game.
  • ghearoid 14 Aug 2019 09:12:42 3,225 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Mages are awesome in this game, especially once you build up Lysethia and Marianne who can both nuke a fucker halfway across the map.
Log in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.