Fire Emblem: Three Houses Page 24

Next Last
  • ChiefGB 31 Aug 2019 11:54:48 11,338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah as I mentioned before there really is too few master class options, seems an obvious addition at this point for dlc, plus may well pull people into a season pass purchase
  • Mola_Ram 31 Aug 2019 16:17:39 21,246 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    While I'm waiting for a harder difficulty, I am considering doing something dumb like making a Grappler-only team, so the game can be like Fist of the North Star. Hanneman in particular looks like prime Grappler material.

(this will probably be done on Normal difficulty, I don't want to die)
  • JoelStinty 31 Aug 2019 17:17:37 8,073 posts
    Seen 20 minutes ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    I've really enjoyed my time with FETH so far, started to get feelings that I want to finish the game now though. Found out who the Flame Emperor is and about to do that months mission afterward.

Playing on classic normal mode, it is really easy though, but I have enjoyed the pacing of the game because of that though. I haven't played any other games in the series, but I know they've changed the combat system and it does feel like they haven't really started to properly think about maps and enemy placement when it comes to the new system. I guess they had 10 or so games to refine the triangle system and if they keep the current system that will become refined over games too.
  • Mola_Ram 11 Sep 2019 16:51:46 21,246 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Harder difficulty should be out now, along with a batch of things for the expansion pass holders. Most of those seem to be cosmetic, but apparently there's some new Auxiliary Battles, which is nice.
  • Dombat 11 Sep 2019 18:28:46 1,635 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I've slowed right down with my progress of this. Getting fairly late into the playthrough now I think but I think I'll need a break for a while before trying another house.

Also the Golden Deer are clearly the best.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 11 Sep 2019 18:28:56 6,369 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Really need to finish NG+ soon. Got distracted by a spate of shooty-thumpy-smacky game releases (Control, Remnant, Gears). Problem is, I'm close enough to having done all possible support rank conversations that my completionism may drive me to finish the set.
  • ChiefGB 12 Sep 2019 07:49:22 11,338 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yeah Iíve stepped away from this the last few weeks, just been a bit too tired to concentrate on it. Iíve been playing a bit more mindless stuff such as 2 of the above games myself, but I need to try to avoid it becoming a backlog game as it will be harder to get back into.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Sep 2019 08:04:57 21,246 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    The new difficulty is pretty tough! Unfortunately it seems to be more of the "give enemies more stats, skills" variety than anything really noteworthy, but I'll give it more of a go when I get stuck into a Golden Deer NG+. Which won't be right now, as I'm into Divinity Original Sin 2 and don't want to juggle.

So many games!
  • Graxlar_v3 12 Sep 2019 08:14:01 7,716 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Mola_Ram wrote:
    The new difficulty is pretty tough! Unfortunately it seems to be more of the "give enemies more stats, skills" variety than anything really noteworthy, but I'll give it more of a go when I get stuck into a Golden Deer NG+. Which won't be right now, as I'm into Divinity Original Sin 2 and don't want to juggle.

So many games!
    I could only imagine how much I would hate the final battle on lunatic
  • Duffking 12 Sep 2019 11:49:16 16,310 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think I prefer that approach over "chuck more enemies at you" to be honest.
  • Mola_Ram 12 Sep 2019 11:56:37 21,246 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I think I would have preferred having more objectives or something like that, or fewer grinding opportunities.

One thing I did notice about the new mode is that your XP gain is massively reduced. So I guess some grinding will be required!
  • Mola_Ram 19 Sep 2019 06:26:18 21,246 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So yeah, not liking the new difficulty. It's difficult (of course), but not in a fun way. Other games gave enemies on Lunatic more skills that you had to pay extra attention to (Conquest was very good in this way), so you really had to think about who to use in which situation.

But here, it's mostly just stats, and nobody can damage anything because they're always like 5 levels behind. The only thing that can reliably damage many units is battalions, and as stated before I find that part of the game a bit underdeveloped.

So... I dunno. Maybe I'll just go back to Hard, and hope for some sort of intelligent difficulty between Hard and Maddening. Or try to impose limitations by myself, like not using Divine Pulses or something.

Edited by Mola_Ram at 07:05:09 19-09-2019
  • THFourteen 19 Sep 2019 07:31:38 52,820 posts
    Seen 13 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I got bored of the general gameplay and stopped playing, unsure i'll ever get back to it. Shame.

Enjoying Divinity OS2 a lot more.

Thankfully I was sensible enough to buy it physical so no harm done if I swap it!

Edited by THFourteen at 07:32:11 19-09-2019
  • Dombat 19 Sep 2019 07:37:33 1,635 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I think the game really needed more of a change of pace after the timeskip. I assumed the second half of the game would be more different than its turning out to be.
  • Duffking 19 Sep 2019 09:57:37 16,310 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I found it way faster after the timeskip, there's not really anything to do in the monastery after it.
  • Mola_Ram 19 Sep 2019 10:01:15 21,246 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    It's a bit weird post-timeskip, in that it's all dark and grim and somehow you're still teaching classes, fishing and having tea parties. It still has the trappings of a school, but in an environment where going to school makes zero sense.
  • Graxlar_v3 19 Sep 2019 10:23:16 7,716 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Once going to the monastery becomes pointless, I found myself unable to decide what to do with myself and ended up resting some weeks.
  • Mola_Ram 19 Sep 2019 10:28:34 21,246 posts
    Seen 44 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I don't think it's "pointless", it just becomes more focused on raising motivation and improving the prof's abilities. I'd still Explore once (usually twice) per cycle, even post timeskip.
  • Duffking 19 Sep 2019 10:40:32 16,310 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Yeah I went once per cycle to do the cooking to get people's motivation up and train Byleth and that's it. One set of side battles usually, then a rest + seminar and onto the next chapter.

Edit: Oh and the gardening too

Edited by Duffking at 10:40:47 19-09-2019
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.