Mario Maker 2 Page 6

• Derblington 3 Jul 2019 10:31:25 33,438 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @neems Cheers for the confirmation.
    Bit shit. I'll get NSMB to scratch the itch instead.
  • DangerousDave_87 3 Jul 2019 10:47:55 6,811 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    neems wrote:
    So I can confirm there is no online functionality whatsoever without Nintendo Online.
    It certainly sucks for those without an online subscription, but it was a safe bet that this was going to be the case. It would undermine and confuse the purpose of the subscription, otherwise.
  • Duffking 3 Jul 2019 11:01:14 16,610 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Don't forget if you have amazon prime you presumably have twitch prime and can claim a year of NSO for free.
  • Dombat 3 Jul 2019 11:52:52 1,779 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Duffking wrote:
    Don't forget if you have amazon prime you presumably have twitch prime and can claim a year of NSO for free.
    Yeah, this partly convinced me to resubscribe to Amazon/Twitch Prime.
  • neems 3 Jul 2019 13:28:35 4,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Duffking wrote:
    I do as it happens... how many hoops will I have to jump through? I have Amazon Prime, after that it's shrug city.
  • nudistpete 3 Jul 2019 13:36:26 1,218 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    neems wrote:
    I do as it happens... how many hoops will I have to jump through? I have Amazon Prime, after that it's shrug city.
    Two hoops. One sign up and link your amazong account - that gives you three months of NSO. Two: then you need to sign in and claim the remaining 9 months I think just before the 3 months is up. I'm guessing this is to stop triallists/habitual cancellers of Prime getting the full year from the off.
  • Derblington 3 Jul 2019 13:38:32 33,438 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    neems wrote:
    So I can confirm there is no online functionality whatsoever without Nintendo Online.
    It certainly sucks for those without an online subscription, but it was a safe bet that this was going to be the case. It would undermine and confuse the purpose of the subscription, otherwise.
    Problem for me is that all the info before launch, and in the reviews, was that you could play without you just couldn't upload. Look at the first comments in the review here.
  • xandaca 3 Jul 2019 15:14:57 433 posts
    Seen 50 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Haven't been able to get any plays on my latest level, so if somebody would be kind enough to barge through it and give a like if you enjoy it, it would be appreciated. Will happily reciprocate any likes and will try out a few of the levels from this thread this evening.

Switch Smash Tunnels - H05-133-BQF
    Description: Traditional Mario level (as all mine are/will be), not very difficult, uses ON/OFF switches as its main mechanic. A little twist in multiplayer is that if players take separate paths (which are otherwise identical), you can use the switches to mess with each other and send additional obstacles/enemies into the other path.

(First level is T1H-RPY-61G, an 1-1 style course with a focus on exploration and silliness rather than difficulty)

Edited by xandaca at 15:15:12 03-07-2019

Edited by xandaca at 15:15:34 03-07-2019
  • Huggybear 3 Jul 2019 16:04:35 1,740 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Derblington wrote:
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    neems wrote:
    Problem for me is that all the info before launch, and in the reviews, was that you could play without you just couldn't upload. Look at the first comments in the review here.
    This. I ordered the game based on this info. Think I'll have to return it. I have no other need for Nintendo's online service, and I'm trying to limit the number of various subscriptions to a minimum on principle.

Edit: Also, a few reasonable exceptions are never a bad thing. Unless you're really, really easily confused. In which case, Nintendo's solution for voice comms already probably blew your mind permanently.

Edited by Huggybear at 16:09:39 03-07-2019
  • neems 3 Jul 2019 16:14:08 4,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Huggybear wrote:
    Derblington wrote:
    DangerousDave_87 wrote:
    neems wrote:
    This. I ordered the game based on this info. Think I'll have to return it. I have no other need for Nintendo's online service, and I'm trying to limit the number of various subscriptions to a minimum on principle.

Edit: Also, a few reasonable exceptions are never a bad thing. Unless you're really, really easily confused. In which case, Nintendo's solution for voice comms already probably blew your mind permanently.
    It certainly blew mine, I don't have a smartphone.
  • mumtoucher 3 Jul 2019 19:18:35 707 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I had to go to Brussels yesterday for work.. My train was heavily delayed on the journey back. Spent the time making this.

13V-RXT-TJF

My second course.

What a great game.

Edited by mumtoucher at 19:19:41 03-07-2019
  • neems 3 Jul 2019 19:38:15 4,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    nudistpete wrote:
    neems wrote:
    Two hoops. One sign up and link your amazong account - that gives you three months of NSO. Two: then you need to sign in and claim the remaining 9 months I think just before the 3 months is up. I'm guessing this is to stop triallists/habitual cancellers of Prime getting the full year from the off.
    Many thanks, got there in the end. All I had to do was go through account retrieval for Twitch, hook it up to Amazon, then hook it up to Nintendo, then give Nintendo my credit card details for auto renewal before I could claim my 90 day free subscription. Then as soon as it was working I immediately removed my credit card details, because fuck that.
  • neems 3 Jul 2019 20:17:19 4,861 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:
    I had to go to Brussels yesterday for work.. My train was heavily delayed on the journey back. Spent the time making this.

13V-RXT-TJF

My second course.

What a great game.
    Cool level (especially the huge drop at the beginning). I would like to apologise for sucking so much, this is my first 2d Mario and I am finding it extremely hard tbh.
  • mumtoucher 3 Jul 2019 21:19:32 707 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @neems thanks man! I wanted to try and give a sneak peek of what's to come.
  • Toonster 4 Jul 2019 00:41:17 6,918 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    If any of you want some challenging but really well-made levels, check out Matt Thorson's stuff. He created Celeste, so expect some tricky platforming shenanigans. I've managed to complete all of them except one (the piranha creeper puzzle)

His Maker ID is JVY-3W4-11H
  • Murbs 4 Jul 2019 13:40:15 24,815 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    TGC doing the online sub edition for £46.95. Makes the game itself feel a bit cheaper so Iíve indulged. Time to offload a couple of games Iíll never finish to soften the blow...
  • KRadiation 21 Jul 2019 17:52:19 1,524 posts
    Seen 22 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Does anyone know how to control the flight path for winged blocks?

I can only seem to make them go back and forth. But I've seen videos of levels where they will flying right in a continuous motion so you can create a magic carpet effect
  • Ienjoysquid 3 Aug 2019 17:08:53 374 posts
    Seen 5 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    mumtoucher wrote:

13V-RXT-TJF

My second course.

What a great game.
    I am mesmerised by your username. Have you touched many mums? Do you have a blog?
  • yegon 3 Aug 2019 18:36:05 6,511 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    May have been mentioned but this subreddit is dedicated to traditional style Mario levels, enjoyed quite a few from there;

https://reddit.com/r/TraditionalMarioMaker
  • mumtoucher 3 Aug 2019 20:24:10 707 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Ienjoysquid

It happened in a time from way back. I've given it up mate, I'm getting married in 2 months.

Guess I'll be back to touching mums within six - twelve months if she has anything to do with it!

it used to be my tag on xbox live & PSN and used to get so many laughs, then they banned it. Wankers.

Edited by mumtoucher at 20:25:32 03-08-2019
  • yegon 3 Aug 2019 23:08:29 6,511 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Haha.

I had my XBL tag banned for being a rather prolific serial killer in the northwest near me. Even got mentioned in the Official Xbox mag.

I was young and stupid at the time I should add.
  • hedben2013 4 Oct 2019 09:20:38 1,617 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hi all- random question

I've bought my son a Switch for his birthday and I need to wrap it tonight. He's watched a load of Mario maker 2 Youtube videos so I've installed that as his day 1 game.

It's only just occurred to me that it might be nice if I create him a level in the game that says "Happy Birthday (hedben jnr.)!" or something like that. I don't want it to be challenging or clever, just a really simple message waiting for him when he first launches the game.

Question is- how long do i have to play through the game before the creation tools open up? I've got limited time tonight to wrap it after he's in bed so I won't be able to spend hours playing thorugh it to unlock stuff (think maybe that was a criticism of the first game but maybe not the second??)
  • minky-kong 4 Oct 2019 09:27:40 14,598 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Everything* in the level creator is unlocked from the start in this one, you can start creating levels straight away this time with no restrictions.

*other than a couple of super special items
  • hedben2013 4 Oct 2019 09:34:01 1,617 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @minky-kong Brill, thanks
  • hedben2013 4 Oct 2019 11:25:01 1,617 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Okay I apologise in advance for the annoying questions, but I can't find an answer to this on Google or in this thread...

...is it possible to import levels from Mario Maker 1 and play them in Mario Maker 2?

I've found a Happy Birthday level in MM1 that's far superior to anything I'll be able to make by myself this evening, but I don't know if I'll be able to import it.
  • DangerousDave_87 4 Oct 2019 15:22:27 6,811 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I don't think so. Having followed the game up until launch, importing was never mentioned. :(
  • hedben2013 7 Oct 2019 11:44:37 1,617 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Just popping back in to say thanks for the advice above ^^

...I ended up running out of time so I didn't get to create a custom birthday level or download one, but it didn't matter because he was absolutely off his face with excitement at getting a Switch anyway. He spent the afternoon building his own levels and he already knew some tricks he'd seen on youTube that I'd never have guessed at, so he's clearly leagues ahead of me already.
  • rice_sandwich 13 Feb 2020 16:48:48 6,455 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Tempted to pick this up in the sale. Anyone still playing and making levels?
  • TitanWarlord93 13 Feb 2020 17:10:39 465 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I'm still playing but haven't made a new level in a while. Might be tempted to start making some new ones :)
  • rice_sandwich 16 Feb 2020 09:22:03 6,455 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Made a couple of levels:

DH8-7Y5-QKF

RR3-DR4-V0H

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.