Mario Maker 2 Page 3

• nickthegun 28 Jun 2019 21:17:45 82,376 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I know this isnít exactly news but I am fucking sick of the download version being so much more than the physical release.
  • TheSaint 28 Jun 2019 21:20:16 19,706 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    I know this isnít exactly news but I am fucking sick of the download version being so much more than the physical release.
    £40 at cdkeys.
  • DakeyrasUK 28 Jun 2019 21:23:51 4,272 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Also two for 84 quid voucher makes it only 42 quid for digital.

Though I only paid 36 for the physical.
  • gooner77 28 Jun 2019 21:37:17 1,491 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    DakeyrasUK wrote:
    As promised sleep has already been lost to this game!

Spent a good 3 or more hours constructing this level. I'm quite happy with it, think it has replay value to act as a speed run course. Though you can't just pelt it and jump, you need to know what's coming.

Let me know what you think.

Course ID: XFL-L39-DGF
    Good course haven't quite finished yet but gave it a like

Made it as far as the multiple doors with keyholes. I like the way the game shows all the places other players have died

Edited by gooner77 at 21:38:45 28-06-2019
  • DakeyrasUK 28 Jun 2019 21:39:54 4,272 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @gooner77 if you want a hint

There are plenty enough p switches to get through the p switch doors and get through the pipe that is otherwise blocked!
  • minky-kong 28 Jun 2019 21:40:38 14,598 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DakeyrasUK wrote:
    Good feeling to complete it though! Alarmingly my level has a course completion of only a little percentage higher... Mine wasn't supposed to be as hard, I saw it as sort of world 6-boss level, one that would need 5 or 6 lives.

Your one took me more attempts that Duff's course, probably because of the seesaw-saw blades bit after the checkpoint! Another checkpoint a bit later on might smooth the difficulty out. Both good courses though.

I've made my first course. I'm not that happy with the last third of it as I couldn't quite get it to play out how I imagined it, but feedback is welcome.

Code is M8G-NPO-QXF
  • DakeyrasUK 28 Jun 2019 21:45:17 4,272 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @minky-kong haha, you only supposed to use the checkpoint if you mess up and miss the fast route exit pipe.

I though putting the check point before it would be fairer than after, perhaps an option to get through both pipes after the checkpoint by backtracking a little would be better...
  • DakeyrasUK 28 Jun 2019 22:16:34 4,272 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @minky-kong holy cow!

Just completed yours on my 26th attempt...

You now have the same percentage completion as mine... Sorry!

I feel that the final third doesn't really hold up to the challenge of the first two sections. On the second section, is it possible to get up past the three thrwomps without taking damage? That is where I lost the majority of my lives, but I couldn't get through it with the second one hitting me and then using the invulnerable seconds to get up through the pipe.

Enjoyed the challenge though, finding the hidden flower helped me as well!

Edited by DakeyrasUK at 22:16:50 28-06-2019
  • minky-kong 28 Jun 2019 22:46:58 14,598 posts
    Seen 17 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    DakeyrasUK wrote:
    @minky-kong holy cow!

Just completed yours on my 26th attempt...

You now have the same percentage completion as mine... Sorry!

I feel that the final third doesn't really hold up to the challenge of the first two sections. On the second section, is it possible to get up past the three thrwomps without taking damage? That is where I lost the majority of my lives, but I couldn't get through it with the second one hitting me and then using the invulnerable seconds to get up through the pipe.

Enjoyed the challenge though, finding the hidden flower helped me as well!
    Yeah I felt it run out of steam on the third section, I had notions of having a big climb with a busy beetle helmet while a thwomp keeps falling on you but couldn't get it to work.

It's definitely possible to get up that section without getting hit it you're quick, but it helps if your big Mario, which is why I put the mushroom nearby. Perhaps it needs to be closer to that section.
  • TitanWarlord93 29 Jun 2019 13:48:02 465 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think I have played every level posted earlier in this thread. Good job all of yous such great levels and IMO not too challenging but really fair and enjoyable. Can't wait to see what you other guys have made for each other. Got this on vid so I will post this on my YouTube channel soon.

Almost forgot here is my first level if anyone wants to try it out 510-FYR-3MG

Edited by TitanWarlord93 at 14:00:41 29-06-2019
  • TitanWarlord93 29 Jun 2019 14:00:15 465 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Post deleted
  • Duffking 29 Jun 2019 14:13:40 16,610 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Just about to run through the levels in here too before I do my next one's validation. Should be a bit easier than the last. Even if it does look... intimidating.

Fucking hell though my first one is at 900 likes now :eek:
  • TitanWarlord93 29 Jun 2019 14:23:15 465 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah I have seen your level is at the top 3 of the weekly ranking in the UK right now.
  • DakeyrasUK 29 Jun 2019 14:25:40 4,272 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @TitanWarlord93 I have given up on yours for now. Some great design ideas.

Problem near the start is if you lose the cat power up to a piranha pete you cannot progress. Combined with the goombas killing me at the beggining every other go I decided to step back and figure out the rest another time. Really like the idea of taking the bomb from one pipe to another, but in my few attempts I didn't manage to do so...

Basically I'm not as good as you at Mario lol!
  • Deleted user 29 June 2019 14:40:23
    Duffking wrote:
    Just about to run through the levels in here too before I do my next one's validation. Should be a bit easier than the last. Even if it does look... intimidating.

Fucking hell though my first one is at 900 likes now :eek:
    Nice! Congrats
  • boxoctosis 29 Jun 2019 16:42:09 150 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Shameless plug. I made a level, while working out how it all works. It's meant to be a short two player race level.

590-5QR-2NG
  • Duffking 29 Jun 2019 17:20:45 16,610 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Think I've done everyone in this thread's levels just now.

TitanWarlord - Couple of thoughts. The goombas at the start felt a lil RNG, I ended up getting booped by them kind of randomly at the start of the level which was frustrating. You can also lose the cat powerup very easily which means you can't progress - consider having it respawn. I wasn't able to work out how to finish it though I had an idea. I got a little bit frustrated with the first bit with the goombas and the plants unfortunately.

Minky Kong - I really loved the first area of this one, it flowed really nicely and was a nice timing/platforming challenge. Found the second a little frustrating though. Like Dakey I ended up damage boosting through the last Thwomp though I came close to getting through undamaged a couple of times.

DakeyrasUK - Think I cheesed yours a little bit by bringing an extra P block with me through the pipe :p Like the idea of a second exit for going fast, might have to nick that idea...

Heitzu - Really liked this one. No tricks or anything, just a nice tight level. Also maaan does SMW still look good.
  • Deleted user 29 June 2019 17:24:10
    Game is fantastic. You really dont need another 2D Mario ever again. Just wish I had more time to play it. Great levels created already chaps.
  • nickthegun 29 Jun 2019 17:36:02 82,376 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DakeyrasUK wrote:

This was a good shout. It was sold out everywhere I tried this morning, so I grabbed this and smash.
  • Duffking 29 Jun 2019 17:48:51 16,610 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Alright, my second one:

The Infernal Machine
    3XQ-W6L-8JF

SM3 style platformer. Should be a touch less brutal than the last one :D

Lil clip: https://streamable.com/o34gn

Edited by Duffking at 17:53:27 29-06-2019
  • Deleted user 29 June 2019 18:27:44
    @Duffking

How do you make those lil clips matey?
  • Duffking 29 Jun 2019 18:37:54 16,610 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Addy__ I upload to twitter then right click, save the URL of the video and paste it into stremable
  • Deleted user 29 June 2019 19:29:39
    Duffking wrote:
    @Addy__ I upload to twitter then right click, save the URL of the video and paste it into stremable
    Ahh I'd totally forgot about the twitter integration on switch. Good to know cheers.
  • DakeyrasUK 29 Jun 2019 19:44:11 4,272 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @Duffking Great second level! Not easy, but not frustrating either.

Like the way the difficulty ramps up as the level progresses.

And you didn't cheese my level, that is a way to speed run it! I can do it in 60 seconds, the best anyone has managed is 26 seconds more.

If you activate the p switch at the last moment necessary you can make it through the alt pipe and drop down straight to the mini kooper sub boss.
  • Deleted user 29 June 2019 19:49:31
    nickthegun wrote:
    DakeyrasUK wrote:

This was a good shout. It was sold out everywhere I tried this morning, so I grabbed this and smash.
    How much did you get back.off in points?
  • Deleted user 29 June 2019 19:54:33
    I've decided I want this on digital now. Is that voucher thing the best price?

EDIT: £42.49 from cdkeys.

Edited by Addy__ at 19:57:03 29-06-2019
  • nickthegun 29 Jun 2019 20:02:45 82,376 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    CompetitiveDad wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    DakeyrasUK wrote:

How much did you get back.off in points?
    I had eight quid and change in points and I think the voucher gave another 360, whatever that's worth.
  • Deleted user 29 June 2019 20:16:38
    Stupid question alert!

If I buy digital to replace my cart I assume my saved game data is still intact? Same region etc.

Edited by Addy__ at 20:16:50 29-06-2019
  • mangojoe 29 Jun 2019 20:17:14 2,478 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    I think it's like £3.60 . Might be wrong
  • Navi 29 Jun 2019 21:10:14 347 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    First level I'm vaguely proud of. Give K11-FXP-JHF a poke if you have time and let me know what you think.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.