Following Mario Maker 2 - The Eurogamer Levels Page 6

• EvilAspirin 8 Jul 2019 18:59:13 16 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Kami That was a pretty fun stage to be honest. I suck at controlling the ice physics and I made it through OK. If it had no checkpoints (like when you uploaded it) then it'd be frustrating but overall I didn't find it too bad. Expert, borderline Super Expert is where I'd rate it.
  • Kami 8 Jul 2019 19:15:00 2,700 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @EvilAspirin - That was the roughest part, the first playthrough where each attempt sends you right back to the start (especially since it's that last little see-saw contraption trap that I was hoping to catch people out with and I fell for it myself several times... XD).

But I certainly didn't want to be responsible for anyone slamming their Switch/Pro Controller into someones eye sockets so I thought checkpointing was for the best on this one. It is longer than anything I've made so far.
  • Wavey 8 Jul 2019 20:10:28 839 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Can you guys stop making levels i've not even got half way through yet :D
  • neems 8 Jul 2019 21:42:30 4,579 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Wahey, made my first level. Decided to stop messing around and go simple. Very short, very easy.

BW2 GDP JFF
  • Steifybobbins 8 Jul 2019 22:38:12 557 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I've got one almost done hoping it's better than my last and people enjoy it.
  • Nielzor 8 Jul 2019 23:09:54 481 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    My first one that's worth playing. Fairly easy one, tried to make it fun:

2TR-2MD-LRG

Gonna check out all yours now!
  • Nielzor 8 Jul 2019 23:13:13 481 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    @neems That was fun, wasn't brave enough to go for the 1-up shroom though!
  • Nielzor 8 Jul 2019 23:19:49 481 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Poorandugly wrote:
    My effort, classic winter level Mario: GC1-ST2-8GF
    Great use of coins, really helpful. The winged goomba at the start next to mushroom box killed me a couple of times, but that may just be me being a moron. Enjoyed it a lot.
  • neems 9 Jul 2019 00:15:36 4,579 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Nielzor wrote:
    @neems That was fun, wasn't brave enough to go for the 1-up shroom though!
    Cheers man, just played your level, really nice. I had to play it a few times until I could get the world record :) Not sure how it compares to your time though.
  • Navi 9 Jul 2019 10:09:46 313 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Level list updated.

I look forward to giving the new levels a go tonight.
  • Addy__ 9 Jul 2019 11:08:09 913 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    Holy shit there is a lot of EG content now.
  • escobarrr 9 Jul 2019 11:10:11 8 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    The game is really good, the aspect is community and well pronounced with the sharing of creations, scoring, the ability to do advanced research and mods coop and versus online
    Unfortunately the game lacks creative level content
    I would have liked more enemies, the possibility of having 3 biomes per creation and especially the addition of bosses or at least to fix a number of hp to the enemies
    It's repetitive and there is not this end confrontation that I would have liked,
  • Murbs 9 Jul 2019 11:21:17 24,282 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Can't wait to try some of these. Still haven't started the game even though it came a few days ago.

Need to tear myself away from StS...
  • Poorandugly 9 Jul 2019 14:33:36 602 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Nielzor Thankyou! My daughter really enjoyed that cat level you made, very nicely done!
  • neems 9 Jul 2019 14:34:09 4,579 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Addy__ wrote:
    Holy shit there is a lot of EG content now.
    Yeah it's a bit mental, I keep meaning to try all these levels but...
  • Kami 9 Jul 2019 17:29:02 2,700 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @neems - Trying to get through them myself, finished and liked plenty of them so far. It's great to see what people are doing though.
  • Duffking 9 Jul 2019 21:58:48 16,187 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    New level from me! Should be a fair bit easier than the others, just wanted to make a traditional level. It's a little long but evenly checkpointed.

Beep Block Bop
    XD6-S56-S8G

Time to get catching up on everyone else's levels!

Video clip!
  • Addy__ 9 Jul 2019 22:10:35 913 posts
    Seen 53 minutes ago
    Registered 3 months ago
    @Duffking

Will give it a whirl now matey.
  • Duffking 10 Jul 2019 02:01:41 16,187 posts
    Seen 45 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    TitanWarlord93 wrote:
    Second level finished and uploaded.

Through The Forest We Go

B5Y-TBG-K0H
    I tried for a while on this one but couldn't get through it. I gave up at the bit where I have to jump from the conveyor belt to the platform. It seems it needs a very specific jumping arc? Holding jump kills you, a tap kills you... I tried a few times and couldn't figure it out.

Nielzor wrote:
    My first one that's worth playing. Fairly easy one, tried to make it fun:

2TR-2MD-LRG

Gonna check out all yours now!
    Liked this, did it a few times to get the speed run. Didn't actually know how the different creepers worked before this so that's handy.

neems wrote:
    Wahey, made my first level. Decided to stop messing around and go simple. Very short, very easy.

BW2 GDP JFF
    I find the big slide killing a million goombas a little played out but on the other hand I did spend like 30 minutes getting the speedrun record, it's a very speedrunnable stage this. Not too long and just needs perfect execution on the jumps. Quite addictive!

Poorandugly wrote:
    My effort, classic winter level Mario: GC1-ST2-8GF
    Liked this one, like a nice traditional level!

Gonna catch up with some more tomorrow.
  • EvilAspirin 10 Jul 2019 02:49:15 16 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    New level from me. It's not easy but hopefully not insane either. It's got fairly forgiving checkpoints.

EvilAspirin Makes You Go Fast! - GPJ-MSX-W0G

Clear each room as fast as you can! (Red coins optional.) Difficulty: 3/5

It's a 3D World level designed to autoscroll when a bomb explodes, moving you to the next room. You have about 5 seconds or so in each room. It's a platforming stage with very little in the way of gimmicks. First third is horizontal, second and third parts are vertical. The timing is tight in most rooms, but early on there's a fair bit of leeway. By the last third you've got to be going flat out or the screen will get you. That section is in the cat suit so climbing and clawing will need to be pretty good. (Tip: Just because you're off-screen doesn't necessarily mean you're dead. There's a little leeway with the death trigger so keep going if you've fallen behind!)
    The red coins are just a bonus that if you get them will allow you to access the "True Ending" room. If you've got that far the goal is in the next room. Don't die trying to get the coins!
  • neems 10 Jul 2019 07:55:37 4,579 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    @Duffking

Thank you Mr Duffking :)

I'm completely new to Mario (other than Odyssey) and I'll be honest, I thought I was being clever with the big slide.

I need to go check the world record now.

17 SECONDS! Wtf, is that even possible?

Well done.

Edited by neems at 08:36:52 10-07-2019
  • BearFishPie 10 Jul 2019 12:11:23 688 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Duffking That had a classic Mario feel, absolutely. Nice touch ensuring the red and blue blocks are always visible somewhere to keep the timing clear, too! If only my platforming skills were anywhere near on point rather than bloody awful Id be merrily rinsing it for coins/speed.
  • Kami 10 Jul 2019 13:08:57 2,700 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @neems - Tell me about it. Took me almost an hour to clear my Mario Maker Mythologies course for upload.

Mr. Ando! has cleared it in 1'16"299

... this guy legit scares me.
  • EvilAspirin 10 Jul 2019 16:01:05 16 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Kami It flows really well though. I definitely could have gone a lot faster, but hey ho first clear and all that.

Played and beaten your other levels now. Surprised I didn't really die to your trolls very often, might be due to having watched a fair number of videos of troll levels so I could be a bit more wary than the average player. What actually really got me was in the "Not So Fast!" level - THAT coin trail at the end. You SOB.
    I managed to one-shot your "hot garbage" level, but barely. Milliseconds on the clock and a YOLO jump at the end got me to the axe.
    All in all I liked your levels quite a lot. I was laughing rather than raging which is much better than the alternative.
  • BearFishPie 10 Jul 2019 16:02:06 688 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    A fairly easy quick level, but I think still pretty fun to tackle:

QRC-TJS-1JF
  • Kami 10 Jul 2019 16:06:30 2,700 posts
    Seen 49 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @EvilAspirin - I find people are easily distracted by shiny things... XD

Edit; Also glad they're enjoyable in a funny sense. As much as I joke about the "hot garbage", being 100% trash doesn't lend to any sense of fun or loyalty. I am trying to make stages that aren't so unfair - I still want people to beat them!

I was particularly proud of that switch troll though.

Edited by Kami at 16:17:35 10-07-2019
  • Waffleaber 10 Jul 2019 20:10:08 742 posts
    Seen 48 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @EvilAspirin

First to beat your Kaizo level! Took quite a while, probably the toughest course I've personally beaten.
  • EvilAspirin 10 Jul 2019 21:03:28 16 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Waffleaber Nice! So glad someone finally beat it. I was a little worried that nobody ever would, but well done on persevering and taking that first clear!
  • Navi 11 Jul 2019 10:22:59 313 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Levels updated.

@Poorandugly - Nice classic mario level
    @Nielzor - Cool creeper level
    @neems - I did the genoslide......and kept getting killed by the giant koomba!
    @Addy___ Great kart level, nice level of challenge
  • Steifybobbins 11 Jul 2019 15:28:06 557 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    New stage from me

4JB-J2S-WVG

Bob-om Blast

It's a standard stage with some light puzzles and a shooting stage to finish

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.