Following Mario Maker 2 - The Eurogamer Levels Page 8

• Navi 19 Jul 2019 10:00:28 347 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Level list updated. Nice to see some new ones around, I'll give them a go tonight.

@Nielzor Thanks for the reviews, really glad you enjoyed them. Certainly understand about the blimp levels, those are always an acquired taste (certainly only going to make the one).
  • Nielzor 19 Jul 2019 10:49:53 484 posts
    Seen 11 hours ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Kami I had another go at it last night for the speedrun and it really is so much easier if you use the claw properly. On my first playthrough I was jumping all over the place like a madman. Duh! Absolutely loved it once I knew how to get through all the sections, although I wasn't brave enough to jump through the goomba tower--I just waited for them all to get stuck at the bottom :)
  • Navi 19 Jul 2019 21:33:41 347 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @nielzor Great level. Very much like a classic Mario course.

@bearfishpie Cunning. Really nice idea and cool to work through each of the layers.
  • Toonster 19 Jul 2019 22:02:47 6,918 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    The Great Turnip Rave of 1927

TVQ-01C-CKG

It's 1927 and the turnip economy is booming. Will you conform to society? Will you turn up for turnips? Or will your carve you own path through this dubious era in America's history?

Joking aside, this is an easy-to-intermediate traditional level with a lot of decorative elements. The power-ups are fairly generous and there are a few secrets to find as well. Hope you have fun!
  • Duffking 20 Jul 2019 16:03:52 16,610 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Done a new one - A Prickly Detour. Wanted to do something with a vertical stage and vines. Not too difficult. At least, it shouldn't be. Plenty of coin trails. MCV-M80-YVG.

Video!
  • Navi 20 Jul 2019 22:26:25 347 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Added to the list.

@Toonster - Great theme. Nice mixture of styles with the autoscroll and vertical levels.

@Duffking - Good level of challenge and nice premise. Love that it shows you the end straight away and then you have to go through all that hassle to get at it.
  • TitanWarlord93 20 Jul 2019 22:47:36 465 posts
    Seen 2 weeks ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The physics for the car is terrible. I am avoiding any levels with a koopa car. Not putting up with this.
  • BearFishPie 20 Jul 2019 23:03:18 810 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Toonster That was loads of plain silly fun - I love those secret rainbows!
  • Toonster 21 Jul 2019 02:33:39 6,918 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @BearFishPie

Glad you enjoyed it!
  • AlexErratic 21 Jul 2019 10:20:10 19 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Just finished my second level. I also updated my first (its final form, I tested it on some streamers and I saw them break a couple of sections), so just copy and paste the two codes over my original code, thanks :)

Mint Condition Goombuds:
    P8D-CWM-R0H

Crypt Trip:
    B2G-6XH-R5G
  • Navi 21 Jul 2019 16:46:02 347 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    No problem, level code updated.

I can totally understand the reupload, did much the same myself, redid my Goomba Patrol 3 (W76-HS9-GFG) and Galaxy Treasure Hunt (C74-0QY-YMF) levels after seeing people getting stuck or into places they shouldn't have.
  • AlexErratic 21 Jul 2019 17:38:13 19 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Navi Dopeness, thanks. Talking of dopeness, your short and sweet cat level was dope. I need to get on that 3D World theme for my own level :o!!!
  • Kami 21 Jul 2019 18:50:57 2,711 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Think I've "finished" Thwomp Towers - J73-2WM-RNG (I love I got those last three for this level lol!)

It's been tested and this is ver. 3.1 - With hints, guide arrows and a 'climactic' final chase sequence. Lots of Z-Jumps and a few interesting bits of tech I thought fit in quite nicely.

I've gotten a new appreciation for Thwomp Physics now.
  • KRadiation 21 Jul 2019 21:14:22 1,524 posts
    Seen 14 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Finally completed my own level to be able to upload it. Its not that it's difficult it's just having to do it all in 1 perfect run when I dont have the patience to take my time ha.

RHY-N42-92H Dejavu Ghost House.

Basically had to clone the map over and over so it's as if you're just moving from box to box to your side, whereas really its page 2 page 1 page 2 page 1 over and over. Pain in the bum to keep track of where I was and what needed to be mirrored over as well.
  • DakeyrasUK 21 Jul 2019 21:58:19 4,267 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @KRadiation great job with the ghost House!

I have also made a get lost in the ghost House level too! Also with lots of hidden blocks for platforms! (LPM P48 SXG)

I like the way yours uses both zones as the same design. I at first avoided this as it it is clearly not the same place you just warped from but once you have warped several times it is easy to forget which is which. Instead my warp zone was used as a "garden" to the house. Can you copy and paste from one zone to another? I haven't tried and am feeling foolish for not doing so...
  • the_milkybar_kid 21 Jul 2019 22:26:33 8,274 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    Pretty straightforward one for you. Honestly ran out of ideas and disappointed you cant more space to 1 area.

43N-L5V-58G
  • AlexErratic 21 Jul 2019 22:38:12 19 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Navi heya, I think the level codes didn't update properly on the front page :( it's just the one old one.
  • DakeyrasUK 21 Jul 2019 23:39:46 4,267 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @AlexErratic mint condition nearly killed me! So much to do between checkpoints each felt like a level in themselves! At least my 30 odd death at each made it feel that way.

But 52 mins later I managed it! That was possibly the hardest level I have ever completed of Mario and not hard because of enemy spamming or requiring stupid amounts of precise jumping. Just tricky elements one after the other. Good job!

Here is where everyone else finds it easy...
  • AlexErratic 22 Jul 2019 10:20:15 19 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @DakeyrasUK I think you downloaded the older version of Mint Condition. Not too much was changed, just a couple of flaws and unintended cheese/skips. I'm thrilled you played it regardless of the version and I'm even more thrilled with the details of how you played! I designed it to be forgiving but hard and to not include any advanced techniques - classic platforming, also to not HAVE to die to make progression like many levels I've played that are in the expert category and above (though the first section with the swings is perhaps a little more towards that type of difficulty, though I made sure you have enough time to mess up on the swings a little!)

Dark Souls is a gem and I guess I'm inspired by how fair but rough that can be. I've also optimised the levels for speed running, each enemy and jump is placed in such a way that encourages fast momentum and there's a secret level skip that shortcuts past the survival lift and mole chase sequence. I'm a little obsessed with this game apparently.

If you're interested in both the updated version and my newest course:

Mint Condition Goombuds:
    P8D-CWM-R0H

Crypt Trip:
    B2G-6XH-R5G

Edited by AlexErratic at 10:20:46 22-07-2019
  • Navi 22 Jul 2019 14:03:58 347 posts
    Seen 33 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @AlexErratic List update. Sorry about that, not sure what happened to the other update. Thanks for the nice comment about the catrobatics level. I hadn't even included it in the list here because I though it was pretty average, glad you liked it.

Other levels added as well, looks like I've got plenty to enjoy tonight.
  • AlexErratic 22 Jul 2019 16:00:22 19 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Post deleted
  • AlexErratic 22 Jul 2019 17:31:42 19 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Post deleted
  • DakeyrasUK 22 Jul 2019 18:14:50 4,267 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Post deleted
  • DakeyrasUK 22 Jul 2019 18:15:36 4,267 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    @AlexErratic I did that code as I got it from your post above and not the front page.

I did appreciate the speed run elements, I managed to figure a few out like the saw blades and moving platforms could be done without hesitation leading to the mushroom.

In truth it is part of reason I died so many times, I was trying to do each bit as fast as possible...
  • AlexErratic 22 Jul 2019 18:35:53 19 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @DakeyrasUK Yeah! It's actually best to compose yourself and go a bit slower, I'm watching streamers panic with it a lot and it's more simple than doing it as fast as possible.
  • AlexErratic 22 Jul 2019 20:18:53 19 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Post deleted
  • AlexErratic 22 Jul 2019 21:51:09 19 posts
    Seen 11 months ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Post deleted

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.