Heya :) Just copy and paste over my levels:

QXG-1G6-YXG
    4TF-MJ7-5KG
    J8D-NFX-GLF
  • Navi 15 Aug 2019 12:28:33 337 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @AlexErratic - Done
    @Kami - Sorry for missing your post. I've added "A Slight Burning Sensation..." and will give the other playtest levels a go tonight. Let me know if you'd like any of them added to the list.

And a new one from myself:-
    LR9-9X6-PFG - A Tale of Seasons
  • askew 15 Aug 2019 14:07:59 20,672 posts
    Seen 19 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I bought this at the weekend and have been enjoying your levels!
  • Kami 15 Aug 2019 18:52:37 2,711 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Navi - cheers. If the playtest levels aren't so hot they'll just be deleted, I wasn't very confident in any of them because they feel a bit... like I don't know what else to add to them. It feels like something is missing and I can't figure out what it is, so might as well get some feedback. Maybe someone can see what is missing where I can't...

@askew - Excellent, welcome to the insanity!

Edited by Kami at 18:52:59 15-08-2019
  • Navi 17 Aug 2019 21:28:22 337 posts
    Seen 20 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Kami Hi Kami, played through all your test levels. Enjoyed them all, so you could certainly leave them up as is. If you were thinking about working some more on them, here are some suggestions.

P-Switch Problem - Enjoy this, very creative and certainly not a problem that it was on the easier side as it's a nice showcase for the P-Switch. All I'd change is in a few places the P-Switch trigger wasn't on screen, so stuff just happened. It'd be nice for it to always be visible, but that's all.

Four Little Trails - Enjoyed this too, although wasn't skilled enough to do all four trails in one sitting. I'd suggest maybe giving a fire flower at the start and making the pits a line of spikes instead. That way players have a few goes trying to get through it all (if you're being super generous, add a flower at the end of each trail too). Of all the trails, it's only the on/off one I'd change, only because that sort of challenge I've seen on lots of different levels, so it might be nice to try something else.

Seesaw Space Programme: Good challenge, doesn't need anything else really. If you did want to expand it, you could split it into 3 stages with a checkpoint in between each. The first being a see-saw that flips an already walking bomb into a flame, the second a see-saw with a thwomb and the third being the level you've got, like a level building up to doing it all yourself.

All good levels and certainly nice to try out some different stages. I look forward to seeing more of them.
  • Duffking 17 Aug 2019 23:06:52 16,455 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I really need to get back and finish my last level in this and catch up with the thread. I had a section in the middle I'm really proud of but wasn't sure how best to finish the level off :/
  • EvilAspirin 25 Aug 2019 00:02:04 19 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Back with a level after a fair bit of time away (Dragon Quest Builders 2 and Fire Emblem Three Houses are to blame) but hopefully the wait for my next level has been worth it.

EvilAspirin's Code Break - 670-F5W-L8G

Grab a pen and paper and break 9 codes! (Long level) Diff: 3/5

A really different level from me here. You will need a pen and paper (no, seriously you will). There's some code cyphers to work out, a word association puzzle, an image search, a memory puzzle and some other logic stuff too. Flex that grey matter and clear the level.

Don't worry overly about time as there's an easy access checkpoint loop. You can try and brute force this, but you'll die a LOT of deaths. Also get the coin near the key door last to save yourself a rather embarrassing death...
  • EvilAspirin 26 Aug 2019 21:39:35 19 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Another one already from me. Personally think this might be the best course I've made. Definitely my favourite one to play.

EvilAspirin: Mario To The Future - 424-8H7-FSG

Tell me, Mario, where are we going this time? Difficulty: 4/5

Pure platforming in the SMB style.

Bowser has clearly got the Castle Building Almanac from SMM2 and now his castle in 1985 is seriously well defended. Travel to the future year of 2019 through my patented Time Travel Tubes and find a way to stop him!
  • EvilAspirin 28 Aug 2019 21:21:18 19 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Yet another from me. If you like my levels but find them too hard then I might have the thing for you. For the first in my "BabyAspirin" series I've gone back and painstakingly remade from scratch The EvilAspirin Express (because Nintendo had the bright idea to tie uploads to designs even if you change them) and made it a lot easier. Same thrills, not as many spills.

The BabyAspirin Express - BYJ-XWC-WMF
    Easy Version of The EvilAspirin Express. Some hazards removed. Diff: 2/5
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.