Following Mario Maker 2 - The Eurogamer Levels Page 2

• Navi 2 Jul 2019 11:35:10 332 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    @Theticket Thanks. Level added. I'll give it a go tonight.

@atothewest I'm just weak, I gave up after about 50 tries. The bit with 2 saw blades near the start was enough to cause me death after death.
  • ThrowingTuba 2 Jul 2019 11:48:32 155 posts
    Seen 1 week ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thank God for this game, it's fianlly made me kick Tetris 99 which is the only thing I've played for months (having a baby and moving house in that time hasn't helped).

I bought MM on the Wi U but never took it out of the shrink wrap as it was too much of a time investment while at home. This is perfect for the Switch however, particularly as I commute for two hours a day.

Currently tootling through the story mode but tried @DakeyrasUK first level which was WAAAYYY too hard for my very rusty platform skills.

Doubt I'll ever make a level myself, but will be sure to leave feedback for you guys with more creativity than me!
  • Theticket 2 Jul 2019 13:13:21 119 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @ThrowingTuba I'm not sure I have much creativity, to be honest...
  • EvilAspirin 2 Jul 2019 18:24:18 19 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Hey all. Got some levels here if you want to try them:

Maker ID: VP0-CT5-FMG

EvilAspirin's Assault Course: Y18-GDV-J6G

Not overly difficult but you'll need good timing with blinking blocks, spikes and On/Off switches to contend with.

EvilAspirin's On/Off Switch Trap: FMH-7NW-FVG

On/Off switches, guiding bombs through puzzles, platforming and a boss puzzle? Reasonably difficult but nothing too crazy.

The EvilAspirin Express: 1KC-G70-5YF

Stop that train! You'll need good timing, quick reflexes and nerves of steel to make it to the front of the train in this autoscrolling level. Easier end of Super Expert difficulty.

EvilAspirin's Kaizo: The Dream: MNS-LP5-4CG

It's time for bed and I've been dreaming up something down right fiendishly hard, but never unfair. Travel to the land of nod and take on the challenge. Just remember what they say about falling in dreams... (Side note: It took me bloody hours to upload this.)
  • Theticket 2 Jul 2019 19:00:46 119 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Can anyone tell me how to use the P switch? I have tried searching online but can't find anything. I'm okay using the on/off switch, but can't figure out the P one.
  • Duffking 2 Jul 2019 19:26:59 16,304 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Theticket P Switches turn coins into blocks and blocks into coins. Jump on them to trigger.
  • Duffking 2 Jul 2019 19:30:37 16,304 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    New one from me:

A Chill On the Winds
    RLX-196-BBG

Makes use of the new winds in the night desert, and some hopefully creative uses of vines and tornadoes!

Quick Video Clip!
  • Addy__ 2 Jul 2019 19:45:37 1,426 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Quick question. Does completion of story mode unlock any extra tools or is it all unlocked from the start?
  • DakeyrasUK 2 Jul 2019 20:53:11 2,981 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Addy__ I am about 60% through it and have unlocked 1 thitg. An alternative flower power I think.
  • Theticket 2 Jul 2019 22:16:38 119 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Right, I've made my second level - and it's a definite improvement on the first. It's still just a basic bit of platforming, but a bit more challenging, with a few secret areas, too. Please, I beg of you, someone fucking try It! It took me three hours!

Platform Plains

M86-Q46-60G
  • the_milkybar_kid 2 Jul 2019 22:17:45 8,033 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Pirhana Plant Mountain is done! Will finally get round to all you guys' levels tomorrow!

5PS SRT L1H

Edited by the_milkybar_kid at 22:18:15 02-07-2019
  • Kami 2 Jul 2019 22:19:31 2,711 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Gonna be fun seeing some of these!

My addition - Big Bully Mountain Bash
    115-TNV-J2G

It's not difficult (actually I made it for my niece) but y'know... just a bit of silly fun.
  • DakeyrasUK 2 Jul 2019 22:30:42 2,981 posts
    Seen 17 seconds ago
    Registered 6 years ago
    @Theticket nice job, think I found a fair few secret areas. Especially like the hidden block that knocks you down, not to your death but to one such area!

One thing I'd like on it would be if a have a mushroom get the flower power sooner. Not sure if the flower you gave was only a flower for me as I was already mushroomed. If so fair enough.
  • Theticket 2 Jul 2019 22:40:54 119 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Thanks for the feedback, mate - I'll put it into action in my next attempt.
  • Kami 2 Jul 2019 22:53:58 2,711 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Theticket - I like it too. I had a quick blitz through it and now I'm taking my time.

I did have a slight bug landing on the music blocks and slipping right through them but I don't think that's an issue on your side, just a quirk of Mario Maker.
  • Omniabsence 3 Jul 2019 02:15:59 1 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Going to play through the courses listed here when I next play, for sure! Absolutely loving this game, and making courses is a joy.

Here's my first proper bash at making a course. It's a full length course based around the Cat Suit with 10 collectable pink coins, and I've tried to make it as engaging and rewarding as possible. I'll let you folks be the judge of how successful I was!

Cat Mario's Treetop Trip
    T9H-FF7-G6G
  • Theticket 3 Jul 2019 07:53:29 119 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    @Kami Thanks! I'll check out that music block concern.
  • Kami 3 Jul 2019 09:04:18 2,711 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Theticket - As I said, think that's just a Mario Maker quirk. Seen it many times.

(28.693 is my record and I'd quite like to keep it! :p)

edit; also, RL0-C9Q-7YG is my second level, Not So Fast! - it's a little more tricksy with a tighter timer.

Edited by Kami at 09:13:42 03-07-2019
  • Navi 3 Jul 2019 09:09:26 332 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Level list updated, sorry for the delay (my work clearly doesn't appreciate the importance of Mario Maker).

Will be great to plow through these levels tonight.
  • atothewest 3 Jul 2019 09:42:20 1,023 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    So many levels to play! Gonna finish off my second one today and then take a break to enjoy everyone else's fine work.
  • Addy__ 3 Jul 2019 12:20:41 1,426 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Should have mine finished tonight. Not over the moon with it but for a first attempt I've learnt some things moving forward.
  • boxoctosis 3 Jul 2019 12:37:19 146 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    I made a new level - Sounds of the Underground. A heartfelt tribute to the Spice Girls (or, an underground level with lots of sounds added to it.). Play it!

PCH-B8M-XTG

I was quite pleased with the end of the level tbh.
  • boxoctosis 3 Jul 2019 12:45:27 146 posts
    Seen 13 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Kami wrote:
    Gonna be fun seeing some of these!

My addition - Big Bully Mountain Bash
    115-TNV-J2G

It's not difficult (actually I made it for my niece) but y'know... just a bit of silly fun.

I enjoyed this, but couldn't find the first cat power up for ages. Stick a coin at the top of the tree maybe? Otherwise it was fun!
  • Kami 3 Jul 2019 13:03:13 2,711 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @boxoctosis - Yeah, didn't think about that since my instinct is to shake down every tree I find!

I stuck a comment atop the tree as a clue and for future note, you can pause a game and add a comment where your character is (some levels have this disabled).
  • mumtoucher 3 Jul 2019 19:19:12 620 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    had to go to Brussels yesterday for work.. My train was heavily delayed on the journey back. Spent the time making this.

13V-RXT-TJF

My second course.

What a great game
  • EvilAspirin 3 Jul 2019 21:13:14 19 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Played through (and beaten) the list of levels on the first page and there are some brilliant levels in there and some great ideas.
    Some of the levels are, and I'll be polite, not great. Randomly killing a player with something off-screen or forcing blind jumps isn't fun and a couple of these levels I really had to force myself to finish. We all have to start somewhere but try to remember that just because you know where things are in a level because you are making it, doesn't mean the player will. Low clear rates are fine to aim for, but if a player notices unfair random stuff or tons of enemies just designed to kill them then they'll probably skip your level.
  • minky-kong 3 Jul 2019 22:32:20 14,357 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    EvilAspirin wrote:
    EvilAspirin's On/Off Switch Trap: FMH-7NW-FVG

On/Off switches, guiding bombs through puzzles, platforming and a boss puzzle? Reasonably difficult but nothing too crazy.

Am I missing something with the boss puzzle, as I can get bob-ombs down to the pow block but they don't blow it up, they just explode and leave it untouched?
  • EvilAspirin 3 Jul 2019 22:50:34 19 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @minky-kong Yeah, slightly poor design on my part. You'd need to know that the thwomp on the left will trigger if you go to the locked door. Thwomps that drop trigger within 14 blocks vertical (I think) and 2 wide so when the POW is free you can start to make your escape. I tried to show that it had the key and that the POW will get it, but it was a bit obscure I admit.

Edit: Added comment to level that shows location.

Edit 2: Added a few comments to my Kaizo level too.

Edited by EvilAspirin at 23:02:28 03-07-2019

Edited by EvilAspirin at 23:19:41 03-07-2019
  • Addy__ 3 Jul 2019 23:47:04 1,426 posts
    Seen 2 minutes ago
    Registered 5 months ago
    Ok for what it's worth here is my very first attempt. Be gentle please. More of a learning level for me to test the waters.

Pipe down will ya!
    QTS-HV5-0SF
  • Theticket 3 Jul 2019 23:48:33 119 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    This is my third course. I reckon I'm truly learning and getting better with each one, which is a nice feeling that I honestly wasn't expecting. Once again, any feedback is hugely appreciated - no matter how harsh!

Claw Capers

VRD-VL7-40H

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.