Aynone else slighty concerned about the distinct lack of devs signed up for EGX 2019?

First Previous
  • Sildur 13 Aug 2019 19:00:19 31 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I'm so glad EGX is coming back to London! (Sorry to all the folks who won't be able to make it from Birmingham), but is anyone else slightly concerned about the distinct lack of devs signed up for EGX 2019?

At previous EGX events I played what turned out to be some of my favourite games of those respective years: Far Cary 3, Dishonored, Dying Light, Black Ops 3, Alien Isolation, Super Mario 3D World, etc, etc, etc.

There's a good selection of indie devs coming, but other than that we seem to only have Borderlands 3? With just over two months to go this is not confidence inspiring. No Ninja Theory from Cambridge with the incredible Bleeding Edge? No Nintendo with Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokemon Sword & Shield and Animal Crossing?

What's happening guys? The "What's On" page is looking very sparse!

https://www.egx.net/egx/2019/show-floor
  • Jono62 13 Aug 2019 19:01:13 22,928 posts
    Seen 34 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    It's all I think about. I wake up in cold sweats.
  • THFourteen 13 Aug 2019 19:08:19 53,174 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    They don't like the north anymore than we do.
  • richardiox 13 Aug 2019 19:52:48 7,799 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Sildur wrote:
    I'm so glad EGX is coming back to London! (Sorry to all the folks who won't be able to make it from Birmingham), but is anyone else slightly concerned about the distinct lack of devs signed up for EGX 2019?

At previous EGX events I played what turned out to be some of my favourite games of those respective years: Far Cary 3, Dishonored, Dying Light, Black Ops 3, Alien Isolation, Super Mario 3D World, etc, etc, etc.

There's a good selection of indie devs coming, but other than that we seem to only have Borderlands 3? With just over two months to go this is not confidence inspiring. No Ninja Theory from Cambridge with the incredible Bleeding Edge? No Nintendo with Luigi's Mansion 3, Pokemon Sword & Shield and Animal Crossing?

What's happening guys? The "What's On" page is looking very sparse!

https://www.egx.net/egx/2019/show-floor
    Developers don't have much to flex this year. See E3 for example.

Next year with two next gen machines it'll be a different story.
  • Sildur 13 Aug 2019 22:36:03 31 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Developers don't have much to flex this year. See E3 for example.

Next year with two next gen machines it'll be a different story.
    So... there's basically no draw to come to the event this year at all then?
  • fontgeeksogood 13 Aug 2019 22:38:17 7,427 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Booth babes, Doritos and Mountain Dew
  • kadooosh 13 Aug 2019 22:45:12 3,231 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    EGX has been shit for a while now. I went 3 times. First was back when modern warfare 3 was coming out and we were given one of those stream in live consoles for free, Cs go beta key and some other merch like a battlefield dog tag with your xbox gamer tag engraved. There were loads of devs games on show, got to try out a load of big AAA games.

I went a couple years later in London and it was pretty naff but alright. Then went couple years ago to Birmingham and what a load of trash it was. Queues everywhere, it was more of and indoor market stall for loads of tacky shit.

I reckon it's down to YouTube and the like, so much content to consume at home, devs don't need to bother with the time and effort of these type of things anymore.

Edited by kadooosh at 22:46:59 13-08-2019
  • Sildur 13 Aug 2019 23:17:00 31 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    LMAO - You guys are all sunshine and roses aren't you! :lol:

Two sarcastic responses, one professing disdain for the rest of the UK, one proclaiming gaming in 2019 is dead and one saying EGX is less about games and more about peddling tacky naff vaguely gaming-related merch.

This is not looking good for this year's attendees. For some it costs a lot to get hotels, take time off work, etc... You'd hope they'd put at least a little effort in.
  • fontgeeksogood 13 Aug 2019 23:21:03 7,427 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    You might see some cosplay tiddies
  • richardiox 13 Aug 2019 23:57:03 7,799 posts
    Seen 56 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Sildur wrote:
    LMAO - You guys are all sunshine and roses aren't you! :lol:

Two sarcastic responses, one professing disdain for the rest of the UK, one proclaiming gaming in 2019 is dead and one saying EGX is less about games and more about peddling tacky naff vaguely gaming-related merch.

This is not looking good for this year's attendees. For some it costs a lot to get hotels, take time off work, etc... You'd hope they'd put at least a little effort in.
    You're the one moaning about a shit show being a shitshow.
  • Tomo 14 Aug 2019 00:13:22 16,986 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    The first EG expo was absolutely incredible. Second was pretty good too. And then it swelled into a monster and you could barely get your hands on a controller aside from FIFA. Dread to think what it's like nowadays.
  • mrpon 14 Aug 2019 00:32:53 35,552 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I read about peeps fainting in the queues.

Guess they don't want a lawsuit.
  • neilka 14 Aug 2019 00:35:54 22,780 posts
    Seen 30 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    If "devs" is an abbreviation for "devilled eggs" then yes, very much so.
  • Sildur 14 Aug 2019 03:11:31 31 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Looking through the threads on this forum, it's clear asking any kind of serious question and expecting to get a straight forward answer is entirely pointless. :lol:

You guys waste your lives on this forum with thousands of posts to your name, bouncing around from thread to thread with zero interest in the subject matter, posting sarcastic and/or nonsensical comments. You lot really do have zero desire to do anything constructive with your time, don't you. :lol:

Oh well, at least we can all take solace in the fact that none of you will be at EGX. :lol:
  • DangoTown 14 Aug 2019 03:23:03 1 posts
    Seen 6 days ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Sildur wrote:
    Looking through the threads on this forum, it's clear asking any kind of serious question and expecting to get a straight forward answer is entirely pointless. :lol:

You guys waste your lives on this forum with thousands of posts to your name, bouncing around from thread to thread with zero interest in the subject matter, posting sarcastic and/or nonsensical comments. You lot really do have zero desire to do anything constructive with your time, don't you. :lol:

Oh well, at least we can all take solace in the fact that none of you will be at EGX. :lol:
    This. And never a truer word was spoken. ;)

Most new forum members don't stick around because the regulars are VERY single misanthropes who take great personal schadenfreude from anonymously talking nonsense to strangers on this forum.

fontgeeksogood wrote:
    You might see some cosplay tiddies
    Comments like this perfectly demonstrate how little action the regulars on this forum get.

It's frustrating, because a lot of people want to have genuine conversations about the video games they enjoy. That ain't gonna happen around here though.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Aug 2019 03:29:23 21,707 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    PES gets all the action, I'll have you know.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Aug 2019 03:35:18 21,707 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    As do I, of course. Why just a few minutes ago I was knee deep in a tit.
  • adamasunder12 14 Aug 2019 04:07:51 1,301 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 6 months ago
    I get all the ankles a man could desire.
  • fontgeeksogood 14 Aug 2019 05:36:50 7,427 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    List of people who don't like cosplay tiddies

DangoTown
  • THFourteen 14 Aug 2019 05:45:41 53,174 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Quit with the sarcastic responses and talk about games only please.
  • Load_2.0 14 Aug 2019 05:58:56 30,113 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    If you attend EGX at 11.22.17 you'll see Sam Neil's junk.
  • Mola_Ram 14 Aug 2019 06:08:24 21,707 posts
    Seen 11 minutes ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    All the way from New Zealand!
  • Frogofdoom 14 Aug 2019 06:31:28 14,502 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Plenty of games discussion in the games threads, plenty of shitposting in the other threads. Pretty much the same as any other forum.

Have you considered that you might be the problem.
  • Addy__ 14 Aug 2019 06:57:19 1,912 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @DangoTown

That's not it at all. Most new posters come on and start a nonsensical thread or are spamming some crap. If people want to seriously chat about games, politics, sports etc all the content is here. Of course there's plenty of shit posting but if you're going to be a melt about it, maybe it's best you don't stick around. Plenty of friendly helpful people on here. They just don't suffer idiots.
  • THFourteen 14 Aug 2019 07:00:25 53,174 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Oh we suffer them. Always suffering.
  • Addy__ 14 Aug 2019 07:05:09 1,912 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @THFourteen

Not many about these days though.
    No Vizzini, Mowgli, Spacemonkey, Goodform, Cosmical, null, Randolph. Spartan rears his turtle head now and then. The only real active bell end is ecosse really.
  • fontgeeksogood 14 Aug 2019 07:33:46 7,427 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    We're doing God's work here
  • KnuttinAtoll 14 Aug 2019 07:54:14 7,529 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    So what are you playing then? Apart from director?
  • minky-kong 14 Aug 2019 09:14:58 14,428 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Sildur wrote:
    He's hit the nail on the head there.
  • THFourteen 14 Aug 2019 09:16:58 53,174 posts
    Seen 2 days ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    THFourteen wrote:
    So what are you playing then? Apart from director?
    Fire Emblem Three Houses at the minute. If i was interested in that game, i might look in the Fire Emblem thread where people are discussing it at length.

Otherwise i might moan in an unrelated thread about how nobody discusses Fire Emblem Three Houses on this stupid forum.
  • First Previous

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.