RING. FIT. ADVENTURE. Page 6

Next Last
  • ukaskew37 27 Apr 2020 03:22:47 218 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    Level 28 here, I've had to repeat a couple of boss battles with smoothies as I simply didn't have the hearts even with what seemed like perfect ab guards. Otherwise it's ok, I'm fit from a cardio perspective but I have pathetic upper body strength.
  • Dazimus 27 Apr 2020 07:49:54 1,286 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I think Iím on difficulty level 23 but I probably need to increase it.
  • rare_uk 27 Apr 2020 08:23:23 3,626 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    How easy is this game to adjust the level etc if more than one person wants to play it i.e. does it have separate profiles for each user in the game or is it best to login to the switch as that particular user. TIA
  • AcidSnake 27 Apr 2020 08:25:35 8,319 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You can switch users on the main game menu and each has their own difficulty settings/profile.
    So pretty easily...
  • Nazo 27 Apr 2020 08:30:28 1,367 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Iím on difficulty level 21, which is mostly fine but the thought of increasing the number of plank reps is not a pleasant one.

Do you get a way to upgrade existing moves at any point? There are some Iíd like to keep but compared to the newer ones their damage is too low.
  • glo 27 Apr 2020 09:03:55 3,694 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    @Nazo - yes get level 2 (and presumably 3,4,etc) versions of the earlier exercises that do more damage as you play
  • AceGrace 27 Apr 2020 09:28:37 3,225 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 10 years ago
    Managed to pick up Ring Fit from Currys online over the weekend. Got lucky with a stock alert. I managed to grab one before it went back out of stock.
  • rare_uk 27 Apr 2020 09:38:00 3,626 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    @AceGrace Mate I got one from Argos over the weekend and the poor lady that worked there said she'd been waiting for ages for one and she'd subbed to the stock alert. Yet she didn't get told!!!
  • neilka 27 Apr 2020 10:02:28 23,406 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I hope you at least let her look at your ring before you left the premises.
  • Slint1000 27 Apr 2020 12:15:59 3,576 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    I got a copy of this from Argos over the weekend. Itís actually pretty fun, although Iím aching a fair bit today even though I have it on a pretty low difficulty level.

Even my other half is using it and she usually stays well clear of video games.
  • hedben2013 28 Apr 2020 07:31:01 1,605 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I hit level 14 yesterday, not sure what difficulty level.

There are areas I want to focus on (upper body mainly because I was cycling daily before The Plague and my legs are much stronger than my arms). So it's a bit annoying now the monsters are all colour coded because I *have to* choose the right colour for the right monster. Videogames innit? Haven't checked whether there's a setting to get more red monsters.

Similarly if there are loads of monsters it feels wrong picking an excercise that attacks many at once but doesn't colour match any of them. But also wrong colour matching and only being able to target one of them.

These are minor quibbles though, it's still the best one of these I've tried by a long way (and I put a decent amount of time into Kinect fitness stuff years ago)
  • hedben2013 28 Apr 2020 09:17:01 1,605 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    OMG you can actually lose to Dragaux??

I went through 5 green smoothies and still lost- didn't realise this would be a "grind until you're at the same level as the boss" kind of game
  • ukaskew37 28 Apr 2020 09:20:27 218 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @hedben2013 just pick whatever you want, if anything you'll get a better upper body workout if you're attacking a 'leg baddy' as it will take longer to defeat them.

My 5 year old picks the moves so we never follow the recommendations before starting a level.
  • Nazo 28 Apr 2020 10:00:28 1,367 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    hedben2013 wrote:
    OMG you can actually lose to Dragaux??

I went through 5 green smoothies and still lost- didn't realise this would be a "grind until you're at the same level as the boss" kind of game
    Are you doing the ab guard properly? You have to press it fairly hard to get the full shield effect. I was taking more damage than I needed to at first because I didn't want to put too much pressure on the ring (and I don't really feel any effect from it).
    I've died a couple of times when I didn't take smoothies but if you have 4 that should be more than enough.
  • Tuffty 28 Apr 2020 10:04:25 4,546 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @hedben2013 Nothing really says you have to, you can still damage red enemies with yellow, blue and green skills. I find the colour coded skills come in handier once you're familiar with enemy types. So with the kettle bell enemies you would like to prioritise attacks which match their colour because they have lots of HP. Or enemies which can buff others, you want to being down quickly by using the colour advantage.

You can say that works out in your favour if you dont colour advantage, because it means fights go for longer which means more exercise!

I'm on world 13, difficulty level at 25. Tried it at 30 which appears to be the max, but even that seemed a bit much right now so I brought it back.
  • hedben2013 28 Apr 2020 13:17:17 1,605 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @Nazo pretty sure I'm doing it properly, it was practically touching for most of them. I was under levelled though and the smoothies only restored 1 heart each so maybe that's it

Thanks everyone, good point that the colour matching doesn't really matter. I peeked at all the exercises I can unlock and there are LOADS so hopefully after a few more open up I can swap in the ones that suit my needs rather than trying to min-max a fitness game
  • RawShark 1 May 2020 08:44:43 1,210 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Iím a couple of workouts in (about half an hour a piece). Iíve mixed feelings so far as I was expecting a wider range of exercises. Feels like Iíve done two Workouts with the same ones over and over.

Itís a different monster when compared to something like EA fitness 2 on the PS3, which was based more on a CrossFit workout, while this one is straight up Pilates. Nothing wrong with that but Iím not sure Iím going to get a proper cardio workout from it.
  • hedben2013 1 May 2020 08:53:39 1,605 posts
    Seen 25 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @RawShark You get a lot more excercises as the game progresses. Check out the Custom section from the home screen and you can see them all there.
  • PierrePressure 1 May 2020 14:40:23 1,109 posts
    Seen 25 seconds ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I've just won £60 quid in argos vouchers through work so I think I'm going to pick this up. Aside from walking and football in the back garden I've done sod all excercise during the lockdown. Now all I've got to do is find an Argos with stock.
  • RawShark 1 May 2020 14:44:43 1,210 posts
    Seen 8 minutes ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    hedben2013 wrote:
    @RawShark You get a lot more excercises as the game progresses. Check out the Custom section from the home screen and you can see them all there.
    Yeah, but it takes longer than I'd like to unlock them. Things have picked up a bit since I unlocked the high knee lifts but I'm not convinced I'm getting as full a workout as I ought to be.

It's only day three though. But considering people bore easily I'm surprised there's not more range early on.
  • ukaskew37 24 Jun 2020 05:58:01 218 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    £64.99 and in stock on Amazon at the moment.
  • glo 24 Jun 2020 07:36:03 3,694 posts
    Seen 4 minutes ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    After 60-70 days of this I am nearing the end. About 3/4 of the way through the final world. Playing the last couple of worlds at difficulty level 30 has been hard work but should be done by the end of the week.

Anyone played new game plus? Is there anything new to unlock (new exercises or upgraded versions of existing ones) and do you get to keep everything unlocked in playthrough one?
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.