RING. FIT. ADVENTURE. Page 2

• DangerousDave_87 7 Nov 2019 23:12:45 6,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I got a mild telling off this evening for going beyond 15 minutes of exercise. It told me if I felt like I could go on that I likely wasn't pushing myself hard enough.

Ooph.
  • deez 8 Nov 2019 07:51:29 311 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Just unlocked the plank, Holy shit it killed me.
  • deez 9 Nov 2019 13:46:03 311 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    My quads are knackered, this is going to be great for my ski fitness.
  • TitanWarlord93 9 Nov 2019 14:22:47 466 posts
    Seen 31 minutes ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Bought this a while back and surprisingly this is really good fun. I could go for hours if I wanted to. It is hard work but not strenuous so got my fair bit of workout there. Alongside with my cycling this could be a good session to end my productive day.
  • Tuffty 13 Nov 2019 13:39:28 4,620 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Got this yesterday after hearing the reviews. I havent exercised in a long time, noninterest in joining a gym, have an office job and most of my free time is just spent playing games. Booting this up I chose the option where I hadn't exercised at all and it didnt give me any shame in it and I enjoyed my 30 min workout, even though I was bucketing with sweat. The calorie count for each estimate I say is a low ball estimate considering how I felt afterwards. The game seems pretty smart in gameifying a solid workout with in game rewards and positive non judgemental reinforcement. Also really like the set routine of exercises, they're all so varied, the one for posture is good to do considering I could do with improving that.

I'm not expecting to turn into Arnie levels of buff in a few weeks or anything, I know that takes a strict diet and an actual gym to do. But if the game.can encourage me to stick to a more active lifestyle then not having one at all and help omprove my cardio and lose some weight in the process then I would say it has done its job.
  • DangerousDave_87 13 Nov 2019 13:48:00 6,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The game actually discourages a body builder physic the further you get. I think Drageux is also meant to represent somebody who had become overly obsessive with fitness and muscle building.

After a few days you might actually feel the game I'd a little simpler, but it begins to own up quite a bit, forcing you to pick your attacks wisely.
  • Tuffty 13 Nov 2019 14:34:38 4,620 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I'm curious if the game itself would even recommend bumping up the difficulty after a time? Its asking me to do about 10 reps of whatever exercise I pick from my skill list which I feel is set at easy baby tier level which is where I prob deserve to be right now. I could bump up the difficulty but I dont want to stress myself and cause some kind of injury. Guess it's something only I know, maybe after 2 weeks or so I can see how I feel and bump up the difficulty.

Edited by Tuffty at 14:35:07 13-11-2019
  • DangerousDave_87 13 Nov 2019 16:41:55 6,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    It'll ask you after each session. You can bump it up slightly, or a lot. From the looks of things the game wants you to feel like 15 minutes exercise is plenty and leaves you in a sweat. If you go over 15 minutes, it recommends putting the difficulty up as you're not pushing yourself hard enough.
  • Tuffty 23 Nov 2019 20:08:01 4,620 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Seems that my ring con is now defective for whatever reason. It won't register the right joycon when it's snapped into place. It just stopped working on me mid-level and now because of the issue I can't even boot up the game past the calibration stage. Thought it might have been an issue with the right joycon, but I used my nephew's and it still has the same issue. So now I have a game I can't play and no means of buying a replacement controller or send it away for repair as it's not available through the Nintendo support section. I guess I can still use the controller as a general exercise too and just follow the routine of squats, overhead presses etc in a routine each morning without making progress through the game. I feel motivated to continue with that routine even though I can't play the game so I guess it's done it's job. Sucks that I will have to keep looking for another replacement controller unless anyone else here could help me with finding one?
  • Fake_Blood 23 Nov 2019 20:24:52 10,569 posts
    Seen 27 minutes ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Did you actually contact support?
  • Nazo 23 Nov 2019 20:43:26 1,444 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Or just get a replacement from where you bought it
  • d_h1234 23 Nov 2019 21:03:54 298 posts
    Seen 1 month ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Does Ring Fit need any exercises that involve you getting on the floor? Like laying or kneeling down or something? Is it all standing/sitting in a chair?
  • 46matt 23 Nov 2019 22:39:13 162 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    d_h1234 wrote:
    Does Ring Fit need any exercises that involve you getting on the floor? Like laying or kneeling down or something? Is it all standing/sitting in a chair?
    Yes it does require getting on the floor. You can swap these exercises out as you progress through the main quest though as you earn new exercises.
  • deez 24 Nov 2019 09:40:29 311 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    @Tuffty it's what, a month old? You'll get a replacement no bother if you just ask.
  • Tuffty 24 Nov 2019 09:43:50 4,620 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    @Nazo Amazon don't sell a replacement ring con, I can't see anywhere that does. I did contact Nintendo support in the end, got an automated email back but nothing further. I'm sure it will be fine, I just had a recent customer support experience that didn't go so great so I was just initially hesitant of having to do another one all over again. That's on me, hopefully it will get sorted.

Edited by Tuffty at 09:45:09 24-11-2019
  • DangerousDave_87 24 Nov 2019 10:11:58 6,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Did you buy from Amazon? If so, they'll definitely sort you out. In fact just mentioning the issue will generate a response among the lines of "Another item is on its way to you now. Please return your broken item to us within a month". I did that with my first Switch, just a few weeks shy of its warranty expiring.

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 10:13:03 24-11-2019
  • Tuffty 28 Nov 2019 13:37:14 4,620 posts
    Seen 12 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Nintendo support got back, with a copy paste job about what to do. Eventually worked it out that it was a prob with the ring con but they cant repair it. Amazon sorted me out though, will get a refund and return and just buy another copy.

Anyway, game is very good, eager to play more.
  • Ienjoysquid 1 Dec 2019 22:27:38 374 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    The missus, who has next to no interest in gaming whatsoever, is quite keen on getting this.

After the Wii debacle, where I purchased almost every accessory available, I am feeling quite once bitten twice shy concerning Nintendo's fitness add-ons, or anything that looks remotely like waggle.

I notice the main thing you need to play it is called a "ring con." Are they just being refreshingly honest about the next landfill crisis they intend to cause or is this actually, a worthwhile purchase?
  • DangerousDave_87 1 Dec 2019 23:45:53 6,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You can't buy the game without the Ring Con (as far add I'm aware). It's certainly not playable without it, if that's what your getting at.

As for the game itself, it's genuinely decent and I've stuck with it far longer than I ever did Wii Fit. It's much easier to get into a routine when the game dictates what you're going to do and insists you stick to around 15 minutes of exercise at a time.

After your first session there's no fiddly menu hopping. You just boot up, attach the Joy Con and get on with it. I'm really impressed with it.

It helps that the other half is involved with it too. We tend to egg each other on and share our progress every other day. It's helped keep the momentum going and I'm genuinely starting to feel a little fitter.

Edited by DangerousDave_87 at 23:48:47 01-12-2019
  • Ienjoysquid 26 Dec 2019 10:25:21 374 posts
    Seen 2 months ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    I didn't expect to spend Christmas morning running on the spot and squeezing my ring. I am converted.

Does anyone know if the ring gets weaker over time or does it stay firm?
  • Youthist 26 Dec 2019 10:28:39 14,329 posts
    Seen 5 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Depends how much your ring is being used
  • Jono62 26 Dec 2019 10:30:52 25,557 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Ienjoysquid wrote:
    I didn't expect to spend Christmas morning running on the spot and squeezing my ring. I am converted.

Does anyone know if the ring gets weaker over time or does it stay firm?
    https://www.darrenaltman.com/wp-content/uploads/2018/03/ken.jpg
  • Jono62 7 Feb 2020 13:46:53 25,557 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Bought this yesterday and gave it a go. Made me realise how unfit and inflexible I am.

The game wouldn't register when I doing squats so I had to sit down and stand up to do them.
  • DangerousDave_87 7 Feb 2020 14:16:44 6,811 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    You can try and calibrate the ring through the settings menu. I had something similar on my first try, but managed to fix it.

It is absolutely knackering on the right difficulty though.
  • Dr-Strangelove 7 Feb 2020 14:19:31 2,288 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I got a week ago, works for me ok (^^ with regards to the squats, I'd suggest recalibrating if you can as that's not right and you won't be able to do many of the exercises going forwards)

Quite enjoying it, nice motivation and some strenuous exercise work is being achieved, have even got the wife roped in.

My heart rate monitor shows some intensive work going on (I'm hitting my max heart rate bpm), so really good for cardio, building your core and stretching to keep supple in my short use of it

edit - ninja'd by Dave :)

Edited by Dr-Strangelove at 14:19:59 07-02-2020
  • Slint1000 7 Feb 2020 15:56:54 3,581 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    That’s confusing. We’ve now got two Dr Strangeloves on the forum.
  • jimnastics 7 Feb 2020 16:23:53 1,859 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Started on Monday, had to miss Tues and Weds because my quads were completely fucked from the squats! Brutal! Started again yesterday, quads still a bit sore but feeling good today :) I'm enojoying the game a lot. I'm on difficulty level 15 which seems to be right for me at the moment, proper good workout through level 3 yesterday, was blowing hard at the end of the Drageaux fight.

Aiming to completely one world each session, how are you guys playing it?
  • Dr-Strangelove 7 Feb 2020 16:42:06 2,288 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    Slint1000 wrote:
    That’s confusing. We’ve now got two Dr Strangeloves on the forum.
    I was the original(see join date). But then the mandatory name change came and I had to remove the space from my name, when I came to do it the name had already been taken.

I don't really mind tho, I quite like what the other strangelove posts. Can see the confusion tho, I don't have an avatar tho.

I guess its a bit quaint to ask for name suggestions? I hardly post so it shouldn't be that confusing (hopefully).
  • Dr-Strangelove 7 Feb 2020 16:47:12 2,288 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    I'm on and off with the worlds.

ie doing a world, then mixing up the exercises for a quick(er), more targetted session the next time.

I also feel it, last did it 2 days ago and intended to go again today but will wait till tomorrow.
  • DUFFMAN5 7 Feb 2020 16:47:29 26,163 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    So I have seen some Asian female players play this on Twitch...I am amazed a few of them have not given themselves a Black eye*! Am I suppose to play at home while watching them.

*I checked, I am allowed to use this phrase, one never knows

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.