RING. FIT. ADVENTURE. Page 2

Next Last
  • DangerousDave_87 7 Nov 2019 23:12:45 6,533 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    I got a mild telling off this evening for going beyond 15 minutes of exercise. It told me if I felt like I could go on that I likely wasn't pushing myself hard enough.

Ooph.
  • deez 8 Nov 2019 07:51:29 280 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Just unlocked the plank, Holy shit it killed me.
  • deez 9 Nov 2019 13:46:03 280 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    My quads are knackered, this is going to be great for my ski fitness.
  • TitanWarlord93 9 Nov 2019 14:22:47 416 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    Bought this a while back and surprisingly this is really good fun. I could go for hours if I wanted to. It is hard work but not strenuous so got my fair bit of workout there. Alongside with my cycling this could be a good session to end my productive day.
  • Tuffty 13 Nov 2019 13:39:28 4,421 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Got this yesterday after hearing the reviews. I havent exercised in a long time, noninterest in joining a gym, have an office job and most of my free time is just spent playing games. Booting this up I chose the option where I hadn't exercised at all and it didnt give me any shame in it and I enjoyed my 30 min workout, even though I was bucketing with sweat. The calorie count for each estimate I say is a low ball estimate considering how I felt afterwards. The game seems pretty smart in gameifying a solid workout with in game rewards and positive non judgemental reinforcement. Also really like the set routine of exercises, they're all so varied, the one for posture is good to do considering I could do with improving that.

I'm not expecting to turn into Arnie levels of buff in a few weeks or anything, I know that takes a strict diet and an actual gym to do. But if the game.can encourage me to stick to a more active lifestyle then not having one at all and help omprove my cardio and lose some weight in the process then I would say it has done its job.
  • DangerousDave_87 13 Nov 2019 13:48:00 6,533 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    The game actually discourages a body builder physic the further you get. I think Drageux is also meant to represent somebody who had become overly obsessive with fitness and muscle building.

After a few days you might actually feel the game I'd a little simpler, but it begins to own up quite a bit, forcing you to pick your attacks wisely.
  • Tuffty 13 Nov 2019 14:34:38 4,421 posts
    Seen 8 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I'm curious if the game itself would even recommend bumping up the difficulty after a time? Its asking me to do about 10 reps of whatever exercise I pick from my skill list which I feel is set at easy baby tier level which is where I prob deserve to be right now. I could bump up the difficulty but I dont want to stress myself and cause some kind of injury. Guess it's something only I know, maybe after 2 weeks or so I can see how I feel and bump up the difficulty.

Edited by Tuffty at 14:35:07 13-11-2019
  • DangerousDave_87 13 Nov 2019 16:41:55 6,533 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    It'll ask you after each session. You can bump it up slightly, or a lot. From the looks of things the game wants you to feel like 15 minutes exercise is plenty and leaves you in a sweat. If you go over 15 minutes, it recommends putting the difficulty up as you're not pushing yourself hard enough.
  • Next Last

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.