Following Skateboarding Page 2

• Psiloc 13 Oct 2019 09:30:59 5,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    I skateboarded for a few years in my teens. Stood on one for the first time in ages a few years ago and had no muscle memory whatsoever, it was like I'd never done it before.

Yeah not to put you off but it's a difficult fucking sport. You'll need to do it every day to get anywhere
  • Deleted user 13 October 2019 11:17:38
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    Deep fried avocado in rice crispy marmite coating is so unashamedly meta hipster it kinda deserves some respect imo.

Genuinely want to try their fruity pebble fried chicken.
    Definitely fat then.
  • Rogueywon Most Generous Forumite, 2016 13 Oct 2019 11:27:05 8,979 posts
    Seen 15 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    The only good thing about adult skateboarders is the joy they spread to the world at large when one of them falls off and faceplants in public.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 13 Oct 2019 11:30:03 20,038 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    68kgs at 170cm is maybe a smidge overweight at 40, and thereís a definite dad spread emerging round the waste, but I doubt anyone would describe me as fat.

So what do you do for a living thatís so admirable forum adonis Joyless_Man?
  • fontgeeksogood 13 Oct 2019 11:31:55 9,960 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    He's Fabian Delph's agent
  • Deleted user 13 October 2019 11:36:17
    @You-can-call-me-kal very similar to you actually. I don't feel the need to dribble on about it for internet points on Eurogamer though.
  • Tonka 13 Oct 2019 11:36:26 30,893 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Deep fried avocado in rice crispy marmite coating is so unashamedly meta hipster it kinda deserves some respect imo.
    Is this a real thing? Where can I try it?
  • Tonka 13 Oct 2019 11:37:24 30,893 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    @Joyless_Man you've found your own thing to dribble about.
  • Deleted user 13 October 2019 11:38:00
    fontgeeksogood wrote:
    He's Fabian Delph's agent
    Ever more desperate and try hard with every post.

Are you trying to get your little 'most funnierest' 2019 gold star or something?
  • elstoof 13 Oct 2019 11:44:30 25,863 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Tonka wrote:
    Is this a real thing? Where can I try it?
    https://www.cerealkillercafe.co.uk/
  • You-can-call-me-kal 13 Oct 2019 11:52:50 20,038 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    I do regret that one time I put whoever it was in their place for talking bollocks about brand tracking by waving my considerable willy around. It was a little gauche.

Just so you know, randomly sniping in completely unrelated threads making jibes about my presumed style and weight also doesnít win internet points. Nor does flouncing off an Internet forum because someone disagreed with your terrible evaluation of a football player and holding a grudge about it for literal months.

Edited by You-can-call-me-kal at 11:53:24 13-10-2019
  • elstoof 13 Oct 2019 11:57:24 25,863 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    This Joyless Man is really putting the forum in its place though with his sick burns, I know Iím certainly taking stock of myself and Iím sure PES and kal are too
  • Deleted user 13 October 2019 12:04:16
    @You-can-call-me-kal I made a flippant comment about transfer fees going a bit mad and you, as usual, took it Uber seriously.

I just think you're generally an odious, pedantic, cocky twat and that was the proverbial straw. All makes sense now though. Definite small man complex going on with you. Bet you're nice as pie IRL you're just projecting.

I would genuinely delete my account but I can't remember the email I used to sign up for it. So if a mod can ban me pls that would be great for one and all.

Otherwise it's going to be too tempting to come a sniping.
  • magicpanda 13 Oct 2019 12:05:24 15,035 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    There was a time I could do nearly everything Matt Hensley does in the opening scene of Shackle me not. We would consider ourselves semi pro because the local skate shop would give us stickers.

Nowadays I would probably die so I stick to watching people on Instagram and lust after deck artwork. I'll get my boy on a board soon and use it as an excuse to buy my ideal skate setup I could never afford.

The song from the black and white section of public domain still gets me pumped up.
  • Tonka 13 Oct 2019 12:19:30 30,893 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    I've got some time to kill this Wednesday.
    Meetup over some meets hipster snacks?

I hope they serve PBR
  • You-can-call-me-kal 13 Oct 2019 12:20:49 20,038 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Joyless_Man wrote:
    @You-can-call-me-kal I made a flippant comment about transfer fees going a bit mad and you, as usual, took it Uber seriously.

I just think you're generally an odious, pedantic, cocky twat and that was the proverbial straw. All makes sense now though. Definite small man complex going on with you. Bet you're nice as pie IRL you're just projecting.

I would genuinely delete my account but I can't remember the email I used to sign up for it. So if a mod can ban me pls that would be great for one and all.

Otherwise it's going to be too tempting to come a sniping.
    Cool. You seem like a top bloke. Iím sure youíd be missed.
  • Deleted user 13 October 2019 12:24:17
    *Passive aggressive thumbs up emoji*
  • Psiloc 13 Oct 2019 12:29:14 5,532 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    So here I am, doing everything I can
    Holding on to what I am
    Pretending I'm a superman
    I'm trying to keep, the ground on my feet
    Seems the world is falling down around me
    The night's are long, I'm singing this song
    Trying to make the answer's more a maybe
    And I'm so confused, about what to do
    Sometimes I want to throw it all away
    So here I am, growing older all the time,
    Looking older all the time,
    Feeling younger in my mind
    So here I am, doing everything I can
    Holding on to what I have
    I'm trying to sleep,
    I lost count of sheep,
    My mind is racing faster every minute
    What could I do more,
    Yeah, I'm really not sure
    I don't want to run in circles but I can't quit
    And I'm so confused
    I've got a lot to do
    Sometimes I want to throw it all away
    Controlling everything inside
    Feeling weak I don't feel right
    Telling me I have to change
    Telling me to act my age
    But if all that I can do
    Is to sit and watch time go
    Then I'll have to say goodbye
    And I'll be sure to watch time fly, to watch it fly-hy-hy
    So here I am,
    Growing older all the time,
    Looking older all the time,
    Feeling younger in my mind
    Here I am, doing everything I can
    Holding on to what I am,

Edited by Psiloc at 12:29:25 13-10-2019
  • fontgeeksogood 13 Oct 2019 12:34:08 9,960 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I don't want this guy to leave, he reminds me of my dad
  • MrFlay 13 Oct 2019 12:43:08 4,505 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Psiloc wrote:
    I skateboarded for a few years in my teens. Stood on one for the first time in ages a few years ago and had no muscle memory whatsoever, it was like I'd never done it before.

Yeah not to put you off but it's a difficult fucking sport. You'll need to do it every day to get anywhere
    I don't want to get anywhere. Why is everyone so absurdly serious about fun stuff? Oh right, I forgot, dead inside. No achievement points, no point.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 13 Oct 2019 12:57:54 25,562 posts
    Seen 42 minutes ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Yeah not sure why everyone is trying to ruin your dream here Flay. You go to that skatepark and you do that skateboarding.
  • Deleted user 13 October 2019 13:43:44
    MrFlay wrote:
    Psiloc wrote:

I don't want to get anywhere. Why is everyone so absurdly serious about fun stuff? Oh right, I forgot, dead inside. No achievement points, no point.
    I think people more mean just be careful. I bet it's super fun once you get going but Christ i know i'd seriously injure myself within an hour.

Edited by Addy__ at 13:44:12 13-10-2019
  • You-can-call-me-kal 13 Oct 2019 14:13:40 20,038 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    You did kind of ask for perspective, but if you want to skateboard then knock yourself out (probably literally).
  • elstoof 13 Oct 2019 14:48:50 25,863 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Like any hobby itíll only start to be fun once you can actually do it reasonably well, so if you donít plan on ďgetting anywhereĒ with it then I canít see much point. Like buying a guitar to play 3 chords badly
  • mothercruncher 13 Oct 2019 15:43:43 17,828 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    magicpanda wrote:
    There was a time I could do nearly everything Matt Hensley does in the opening scene of Shackle me not. We would consider ourselves semi pro because the local skate shop would give us stickers.

Nowadays I would probably die so I stick to watching people on Instagram and lust after deck artwork. I'll get my boy on a board soon and use it as an excuse to buy my ideal skate setup I could never afford.

The song from the black and white section of public domain still gets me pumped up.
    Exactly my era- a well off friend cobbled together two VHSís and pirated all the Bones Brigade videos for me and I watched those fuzzy wobbly videos to death.
  • minky-kong 13 Oct 2019 15:53:18 14,594 posts
    Seen 47 minutes ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Rogueywon wrote:
    The only good thing about adult skateboarders is the joy they spread to the world at large when one of them falls off and faceplants in public.
    Came into the thread just to post this! One of life's little treats.
  • KD 13 Oct 2019 16:56:43 2,755 posts
    Seen 18 minutes ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I know a few skaters who used to be sponsored and none of them have knees in a good shape, it's just like the downhill mountain biking that risks are there but part of that is the appeal. Last time I dropped in on a half pipe was the late 90's and I was more into rugby and later motorcross but those have dangers as well.

Just don't be a hipster or hippy skater.
  • askew 13 Oct 2019 17:02:06 21,552 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Older dudes are supposed to transition to longboards.
  • Load_2.0 13 Oct 2019 17:07:36 31,884 posts
    Seen 7 minutes ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Skating is probably the most difficult hobby I could think of taking up as a hobby as an adult.

As a kid you can shake off the various bumps, bruises and scrapes. As an adult that elasticity and flexibility of youth is no longer there.

To get past the point of tentatively pushing yourself about to being comfortable riding a board about is going involve a lot of pain.
  • mrpon 13 Oct 2019 17:09:51 36,268 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Doesn't the blobicity take over?

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.