The 52% Thread Page 2

• monkman76 24 Oct 2019 10:36:03 16,064 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    DamoVotf wrote:
    We have had 2 general elections since the referendum and neither decided the issue. Why do you think a third will be any different?

Its a single issue its time to settle, PMs deal or remain (or if you really want 2 referendums, leave / remain, deal / no deal).

I mean if it is the will of the people it will be simple right?
    It will unite the gammons as long as Bojo comes up with the right one liners, and gets the majority he needs to do whatever he damn fucking well pleases.

Is my guess.
    Agreed.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 24 Oct 2019 10:36:24 19,435 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Also, nice bait thread, TH.

This is a troll post, right? I can't tell these days.
    TH is such a big fan of democracy that he decided to create a thread where only one side would be represented.
  • DamoVotf 24 Oct 2019 10:37:31 1,465 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post deleted
  • KnuttinAtoll 24 Oct 2019 10:37:35 8,107 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    You-can-call-me-kal wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    Also, nice bait thread, TH.

This is a troll post, right? I can't tell these days.
    TH is such a big fan of democracy that he decided to create a thread where only one side would be represented.
    He's a DIRECTOR don't you know and probably not used to being talked back to. So I can understand the move to change meeting rooms from that point of view at least.
  • KnuttinAtoll 24 Oct 2019 10:40:43 8,107 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    DamoVotf wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    DamoVotf wrote:
    We have had 2 general elections since the referendum and neither decided the issue. Why do you think a third will be any different?

Its a single issue its time to settle, PMs deal or remain (or if you really want 2 referendums, leave / remain, deal / no deal).

It will unite the gammons as long as Bojo comes up with the right one liners, and gets the majority he needs to do whatever he damn fucking well pleases.

Is my guess.
    Its better than this fucking retarded shit, if we going to be rail roaded into it by a minority conservative government, at least put it back to the people and then we can rightly say ok, so collective suicide is the will of the people.
    The biggest problem I see is the strange inability in UK politics to find common ground on cross party level.

Everyone seems to be tied to both a my-way-or-the-high-way and own party before all else attitudes.

Being a continental where coalitions are the norm, I struggle to understand why the supposedly level headed Brits aren't able to do the same.
  • SnackPlissken 24 Oct 2019 10:41:48 1,788 posts
    Seen 15 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I don't see an election solving anything and Labour have no chance of winning. It'll just increase Nigel's majority to get what he wants because people are sick of talking about Brexit.
    I might not agree with leaving but everyone has had enough fucking time to sort this out to constantly delay it. And the delays are only because everyone is out for themselves in the end. It's all about power and not the policies.
  • JamboWayOh 24 Oct 2019 10:42:19 18,852 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    THF? Are you going to come back with some alternative views? Anyone else? It's a safe space apparently.
  • nickthegun 24 Oct 2019 10:42:34 81,385 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Ironically, we had a referendum on voting reform that, had it been approved, would have helped this situation enormously.
  • JamboWayOh 24 Oct 2019 10:43:46 18,852 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    There's a lot of irony going on Nick.
  • KnuttinAtoll 24 Oct 2019 10:44:57 8,107 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    Ironically, we had a referendum on voting reform that, had it been approved, would have helped this situation enormously.
    Putting Farage and his ilk into actual power is what the country needs. Let him have a go (and ultimately fail, all far right/left extremists eventually do - Italy most recent example) instead of keeping him barking off from the sidelines by allowing for PR based democracy (FPTP imo can barely be called that).

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 10:45:53 24-10-2019
  • DamoVotf 24 Oct 2019 10:46:49 1,465 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    nickthegun wrote:
    This is the big issues.

@KnuttinAtoll I agree as well.

I actually just read a poll (it was quite in depth) but it had 58% of conservative voters believed Boris should have broken the law and not asked for an extension. I mean really, break the law? How much of a slippery slope are we on.

Edited by DamoVotf at 10:47:27 24-10-2019
  • JamboWayOh 24 Oct 2019 10:48:32 18,852 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    Putting Farage and his ilk into actual power is what the country needs. Let him have a go (and ultimately fail, all far right/left extremists eventually do - Italy most recent example) instead of keeping him barking off from the sidelines by allowing for PR based democracy (FPTP imo can barely be called that).
    I don't think he actually wants to lead. I think he knows what side his bread is buttered on and is happy to be on the sidelines endlessly nipping at government while raking in the cash, once he's in power he has to actually do some work and do more work to cover up where his cash comes from.
  • You-can-call-me-kal 24 Oct 2019 10:49:09 19,435 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    Post deleted
  • KnuttinAtoll 24 Oct 2019 10:54:09 8,107 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    KnuttinAtoll wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    I don't think he actually wants to lead. I think he knows what side his bread is buttered on and is happy to be on the sidelines endlessly nipping at government while raking in the cash, once he's in power he has to actually do some work and do more work to cover up where his cash comes from.
    Which is precisely why he needs to be put in charge. Put his money where his ugly big gob is.

Edit - although there's the risk of ending up like the US with Trump, and if the country doesn't heal it'll just get worse. Then again, the people deserve the leader they voted for. Certainly is a test of the checks and balances of a modern democracy though.

Edited by KnuttinAtoll at 10:56:08 24-10-2019
  • RichDC 24 Oct 2019 11:07:57 8,817 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    DamoVotf wrote:
    nickthegun wrote:
    This is the big issues.

@KnuttinAtoll I agree as well.

I actually just read a poll (it was quite in depth) but it had 58% of conservative voters believed Boris should have broken the law and not asked for an extension. I mean really, break the law? How much of a slippery slope are we on.
    Filthy laws getting in the way of the will of the people! Laws are what those immigrants (who should be grateful to be here) have to follow, not decent hardworking English people.
  • DaM 24 Oct 2019 11:13:13 17,455 posts
    Seen 4 days ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    I'll be encouraging everyone in my area to vote Brexit Party for a clean, peoples' Brexit. Like what they voted for in 2016.

Hopefully would draw enough votes from the Tory incumbent and let the SNP back in.
  • Psychotext 24 Oct 2019 11:27:31 66,688 posts
    Seen 16 minutes ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    DaM wrote:
    I'll be encouraging everyone in my area to vote Brexit Party for a clean, peoples' Brexit. Like what they voted for in 2016.

Hopefully would draw enough votes from the Tory incumbent and let the SNP back in.
    Tories are stone cold dead in Scotland, surely?
  • challenge_hanukkah 24 Oct 2019 11:29:07 12,663 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    DaM wrote:

Part of me wants to.

We deserve to fucked anally as hard as possible.

No lube.
  • arty 24 Oct 2019 11:38:54 709 posts
    Seen 10 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Will of the people my arse

• THFourteen 24 Oct 2019 12:43:38 53,527 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Dammit, have shitloads to do today and haven't been able to participate :-(
  • THFourteen 24 Oct 2019 12:45:43 53,527 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    DamoVotf wrote:

I doubt a second referendum will get you the result you want either.
  • DamoVotf 24 Oct 2019 12:54:09 1,465 posts
    Seen 3 weeks ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    Post deleted
  • THFourteen 24 Oct 2019 13:04:56 53,527 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    @DamoVotf

But i doubt you will get that either. I'm happy to be proven wrong. It'll just be 50/50 again.

I also am not sure that including the deal in any sort of referendum is a good idea because 95% of people will not have read or understood it anyway.
  • TheSaint 24 Oct 2019 13:07:36 19,486 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 14 years ago
    TH14 are you actually a Daily Mail reading Brexiter or is this just a bit of trolling / a character you are trying to create.

I only ask because Brexit is a pretty important issue at the moment and continually posting Mail links is never going to go down well. We've lost a lot of the old regulars over the years and it would be a shame to burn a lot of bridges over an unfunny joke.
  • THFourteen 24 Oct 2019 13:18:45 53,527 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    OK serious face on then just for you.

I am actually a Daily Mail reader, i read it every day, but not because i believe anything in there, i just find it quite amusing.

What i don't like is how people (usually those with left wing views and especially on this forum) treat others with different views in contempt and look down upon them, and cannot even begin to empathise with someone who thinks differently, or in fact they dont even WANT to empathise with those people.

It's like unless you think exactly the same way as i do, then you are beneath me, and i know whats good for you, and whats more i am going to tell you about how much better than you i am.

I dont think those types of people are any better than racists, and yeah posting daily mail links to wind them up actually amuses me.
  • THFourteen 24 Oct 2019 13:20:29 53,527 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    People are treating life like football. If i see someone walking down the street in a Chelsea kit, the first word that pops into my head is "cunt" and its completely unconscious bias and i can't stop it happening.

Life is becoming like that.
  • Decks Best Forumite, 2016 24 Oct 2019 13:20:41 24,444 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 5 years ago
    Is it ok to not give a shit whether you agree with the way I think, but to just think you're a cunt?

Edited by Decks at 13:20:59 24-10-2019
  • THFourteen 24 Oct 2019 13:22:29 53,527 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Decks wrote:
    Is it ok to not give a shit whether you agree with the way I think, but to just think you're a cunt?
    Much more prefereable yeah
  • Graxlar_v3 24 Oct 2019 13:23:42 9,933 posts
    Seen 5 hours ago
    Registered 3 years ago
    THFourteen wrote:
    People are treating life like football. If i see someone walking down the street in a Chelsea kit, the first word that pops into my head is "cunt" and its completely unconscious bias and i can't stop it happening.

Life is becoming like that.
    Life has always been like that.
  • challenge_hanukkah 24 Oct 2019 13:23:59 12,663 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 years ago
    Fuck off Spartan.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.