AEW All Elite Wrestling Page 2

• RawShark 26 Oct 2019 20:41:31 953 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Actually, the only wrestling show I never fail to watch is Botchamania.

I AM THE TABLE!!!!
  • RawShark 26 Oct 2019 20:41:31 953 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Post deleted
  • MiniSchnauz 26 Oct 2019 20:48:12 320 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Good lucha things.

That is all.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 26 Oct 2019 23:09:51 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    RawShark wrote:
    Iím just glad PAC got through that excruciating ďman that gravity forgotĒ gimmick in WWE. Iíve never seen so much talent absolutely wasted in the name of getting a semi-famous actor in the ring as that terrible Summerslam match with Cody and Wade Barrett.
    When he was Cruiserweight Champion Neville was the single best champion in any WWE brand. And he got binned off for that mouthy alleged sex pest Enzo.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 26 Oct 2019 23:11:24 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    AEW have been teasing some kind of tie-in with Rick & Morty coming soon.

I enjoy both but if ever a neckbeard Venn diagram was a circle...
  • MiniSchnauz 27 Oct 2019 00:37:02 320 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe It's on Wednesday. Free Rick and Morty masks for everyone at the taping apparently.

Also a Sammy Guevara and Jericho spoof, hopefully.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 27 Oct 2019 08:11:48 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    In other wrestling news

Shorty G has the worst name and fear in WWE
  • richardiox 27 Oct 2019 09:22:45 7,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    In other wrestling news

Shorty G has the worst name and fear in WWE
    He did an interview the other day spinning it as a good thing. Imagine if they buried Kurt Angle like this and made him wear luminous superhero ring gear. American Alpha were so over in NXT and this is what remains, depressing. And don't get me started on what they did to the prizefighter Kevin Owens, jobbing out like a cunt to Braun and Shane. Think back to 4 years ago when he debuted on RAW as NXT champ and dispatched Cena in a classic.

They had a long term main eventer on their hands but blew it as usual, he's lost all credibility. It honestly seems they actively try to ensure that nobody truly rises above upper mid card unless they're legacy stars.

Anyway, back to AEW - anyone else goings to buy the Full Gear ppv? Feels weird paying £18 for a ppv in the WWE network era but I'm going to stump up anyway.
  • Singularity 27 Oct 2019 09:27:00 3,189 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    Absolutely buying Full Gear. The AEW ppvs have all been great fun.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 27 Oct 2019 09:28:28 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Gable was a legit Olympian and Alpha were such a unit.

I don't know why they find it so hard to just let talent shine.
  • richardiox 27 Oct 2019 09:52:44 7,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    Gable was a legit Olympian and Alpha were such a unit.

I don't know why they find it so hard to just let talent shine.
    WWE is the brand and what people pay to see, not the wrestlers. Or something. I think Vince never wants a talent to get bigger than the promotion again. Hence 50/50 booking or world champions dropping down to lower mid carder chumps within months.

It's all well and good relying on Austin, Rock, Flair, Hogan, Taker, Cena, HBK, Goldberg and Lesnar to boost your ratings with appearances and big ppv matches at Mania or Saudi - but what message does that send to your current roster? And what's their plan for ten years time when these legacy stars are no longer available.

AEW has shown if a promotion really wants to get someone over, they can. Just compare the feel of that Cody v Dustin match at Double or Nothing compared to if WWE did that match at Wrestlemania. Golddust Vs Stardust in a joke match second in the show.

Edited by richardiox at 09:53:41 27-10-2019
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 27 Oct 2019 12:51:20 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I think you're right about Vince not wanting any single star to be bigger than the company. Although the aging marque draws he has to keep bringing back suggests it might be wise to at least make a couple more guys.
  • RawShark 27 Oct 2019 22:29:07 953 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Chad Gable was always the star of AA though. Jason Jordan was about as vanilla as you can get. And he was the one who got the push... (albeit in one of the worst angles, pardon the pun, in history).

I think a more charismatic wrestler could have made it work. But Jordan was getting legit X-Pac heat before he got injured and thought better of coming back.

This whole Shorty G thing is depressing frankly and helps no one. Heís not even that short ffs!

Edited by RawShark at 22:29:27 27-10-2019
  • Reacher 28 Oct 2019 09:01:59 2,890 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RawShark wrote:
    Actually, the only wrestling show I never fail to watch is Botchamania.

I AM THE TABLE!!!!
    www.oswreview.com is my go to , every time.
  • richardiox 28 Oct 2019 09:12:15 7,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Love OSW Review and botchamania

Anyone listen to The Lapsed Fan? The only podcast I back on Patreon (3.16 a month, obviously). They deep dive the fuck out of everything - at the moment a 40hour marathon through the wwf steroid trial of the early 90s.

They've done a Wrestlemania journey (30 X 6hr+ on WM 1-30) and a Starrcade tour (same but for NWA/WCW).Plus Clash of the Champions too. Not to mention 20 hour worth each on the likes of Benoit, Montreal, Owen.

It's incredibly well researched drawing from lots of background reading and pretty funny once you get into it. Best opening theme tune too.

Edited by richardiox at 09:15:42 28-10-2019
  • Reacher 28 Oct 2019 09:57:54 2,890 posts
    Seen 7 hours ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    richardiox wrote:
    Love OSW Review and botchamania

Anyone listen to The Lapsed Fan? The only podcast I back on Patreon (3.16 a month, obviously). They deep dive the fuck out of everything - at the moment a 40hour marathon through the wwf steroid trial of the early 90s.

They've done a Wrestlemania journey (30 X 6hr+ on WM 1-30) and a Starrcade tour (same but for NWA/WCW).Plus Clash of the Champions too. Not to mention 20 hour worth each on the likes of Benoit, Montreal, Owen.

It's incredibly well researched drawing from lots of background reading and pretty funny once you get into it. Best opening theme tune too.
    Is it funny? one of the reasons I love OSW is because it's fucking hilarious.
  • richardiox 28 Oct 2019 10:23:16 7,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    An acquired taste but yea it is. Not OSW funny but they're totally different things
  • SnackPlissken 28 Oct 2019 10:49:31 1,336 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Yeah WWE have really failed in getting the next crop of big stars into the main event. You only have to look at the booking of Bray Wyatt to see how they continually drop the ball.
    I honestly thought Finn was onto a mega push if he had beaten Brock this year. It wouldn't have harmed Brock and would have given Finn the stage to go onto the next level.

I'll give The Lapsed Fan a go. I've listened to a lot of 83 Weeks and Pitchard, but there's only so much of their own side of the story you can stomach.
    If you guys haven't picked up the book Nitro I would really give that a go.

https://www.amazon.co.uk/dp/B07FJWS2XF/ref=dp-kindle-redirect?_encoding=UTF8&btkr=1
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 28 Oct 2019 17:50:07 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Braun could've been huge too but now he's taken on the Big Show celebrity role and it's hard to recover from that. Show didn't manage it in 15+ years.
  • SnackPlissken 29 Oct 2019 08:41:22 1,336 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    It's weird when you can't think of one decent Big Show match. All I remember is The Giant vs Hogan in that Monster Truck match.

Edited by SnackPlissken at 08:41:56 29-10-2019
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 29 Oct 2019 08:45:29 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I know he's had them and I know he's one of the best big men of all time but all I think of is Mayweather or dressing as a baby or crying or gimmicks like the ring breaking and monster trucks

The guy was world champion at 25!
  • richardiox 29 Oct 2019 11:00:00 7,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Big Show was guaranteed to never get over the moment Vince gave him the "Big Show" gimmick. It's beyond shit.
  • SnackPlissken 29 Oct 2019 11:55:13 1,336 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I guess it didn't help when he porked up. I always wanted to see his moonsault that he apparently did at a house show in WCW.
  • RawShark 29 Oct 2019 13:03:48 953 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Poor Show. I's never nice to have a crowd screaming at you to retire. But that's what happens when you're forced to endure roughly 39 Big Show / John Cena programmes in a row.

At the moment it feels like no one is getting over in WWE because the top spot is so obviously being kept warm for Roman. And even when someone like Kofi manages to get over all on their own, it's all over in a few months and the focus is still firmly fixed on Roman.

I don't care if I get heat for this, but how bad could his leukaemia scare have been if he just took four months off and filmed a movie in that time? I mean, it took Rollins longer to recover from his knee injury. I'm not saying he didn't have cancer or wasn't sick, but I think elements were engineered to overturn all the hate from the audience.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 29 Oct 2019 14:22:55 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rollins being a grade A prick hasn't helped the "we need another star to get over" thing
  • RawShark 29 Oct 2019 14:27:04 953 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    @simpleexplodingmaybe yeah, he is a bit of a nob.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 29 Oct 2019 19:31:01 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    But what a bank balance!
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 29 Oct 2019 19:31:51 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    NWA Powerrr episode 4 will be streaming live on YouTube tonight

It's the most fun show
  • MiniSchnauz 29 Oct 2019 19:54:35 320 posts
    Seen 14 minutes ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Also have AEW Dark to look forward to.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 29 Oct 2019 20:27:26 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    ICW has lost nearly all its momentum since losing so many top names to WWE, then being tied into the whole NXTUK thing but they've got a show streaming live right now

https://youtu.be/_AFbwf5MWzY

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.