Streaming at 10

https://youtu.be/pQ8MkbUXMK0
  • Rusty_M 30 Oct 2019 08:35:28 7,096 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    So much good wrestling these days

and I guess that Jerry Lawler, Rusev, Lana Lashley divorce thing too
    Is that real or are they working a work and working themselves into a shoot, brother?
  • SnackPlissken 30 Oct 2019 10:13:08 1,336 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I skimmed through the Graded video for RAW and thought I'm glad I don't waste my time watching it anymore.
  • richardiox 30 Oct 2019 10:32:38 7,800 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    First women's match confirm for Crown Jewel. Interesting.

Ratty Sidefart Vs Lacey Evans
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Oct 2019 11:10:44 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    I wonder how it'll go down.

Nattie has achieved so much and she'll never end up with the respect she deserves.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Oct 2019 11:11:58 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    simpleexplodingmaybe wrote:
    So much good wrestling these days

and I guess that Jerry Lawler, Rusev, Lana Lashley divorce thing too
    Is that real or are they working a work and working themselves into a shoot, brother?
    Rusev seems awfully upset about cheating for someone who was the father of someone else's unborn baby a month ago
  • RawShark 30 Oct 2019 11:18:06 953 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    I know it's all down to writers and creative, but having her crying in the ring after losing matches or having a pair of sunglasses broken really didn't help get her over.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Oct 2019 11:21:21 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    The glasses made sense in a "fuck your dead dad" story but after everything else (fart gimmick) it doesn't help her look strong
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Oct 2019 11:23:23 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Watching last nights AEW Dark now.

Always good to get a reminder how good Dustin is. If he hadn't been such a mess of addiction he could and should have been involved in the world title picture of every company he's wrestled for.
  • SnackPlissken 30 Oct 2019 11:49:19 1,336 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I'm really hoping for another Golberg vs Taker type match
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Oct 2019 12:51:07 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Just wait til Flair and Hogan get physical
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Oct 2019 12:53:40 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Slightly surprised that Impact full timer Sami Callahan is allowed to be one of the main events of WWE affiliated ICW's biggest show of the year this weekend
  • MiniSchnauz 30 Oct 2019 13:02:39 320 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @SnackPlissken I suspect that will be the Lesnar v Velasquez match to be honest. With Velasquez signing a multi-year deal there's no rush to put the belt on him straight away and he's still very green. I can't see Brock carrying him to a great match and I really doubt it's going to be a squash of the 'Suplex City, Bitch!' type or the shock of Velasquez monstering Brock a la Goldberg.

If anything it'll most likely end in a DQ with Rey and Dominic interfering because WWE are doing *really* well ending main events with DQs lately.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Oct 2019 13:11:00 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Yeah Brock v Cain is a total no decision finish
  • SnackPlissken 30 Oct 2019 13:18:16 1,336 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    Velasquez's in-ring debut received positive reviews by Dave Meltzer and many other professional wrestling journalists, as well as other professional wrestlers and American Kickboxing Academy teammate Daniel Cormier.
    I don't think it can be as bad as Goldberg/Taker.

Edited by SnackPlissken at 13:18:37 30-10-2019
  • RawShark 30 Oct 2019 13:23:50 953 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Kind of liked it back when actual wrestlers did wrestling, and WWE weren't pulling in UFC retirees and boxers to main event stuff.

I'm still annoyed that Eddie Guerrero didn't frog splash Dominic back when he interfered in that ladder match back when he was six years old.

Edited by RawShark at 13:24:04 30-10-2019
  • MiniSchnauz 30 Oct 2019 14:50:16 320 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    Velasquez's in-ring debut received positive reviews by Dave Meltzer and many other professional wrestling journalists, as well as other professional wrestlers and American Kickboxing Academy teammate Daniel Cormier.
    I don't think it can be as bad as Goldberg/Taker.
    Wasn't that a AAA or CMLL multi-man tag though where he just came in and cleaned up with a couple of lariats? World of difference between that and a singles match where it's all going to be on him. I can't imagine him bad as a MMA heavyweight champ but I envision it being a lot of ground and pound/F5 escapes. Hopefully he'll be as pleasant a surprise as Ronda. Fingers crossed.

As for the reliance on adultery angles and celebrities... well, that's just Vince's response to AEW in trying channel the attitude era again without, y'know, having any of the actual talent to carry it through.

Edited by MiniSchnauz at 14:51:02 30-10-2019
  • RawShark 30 Oct 2019 14:53:58 953 posts
    Seen 51 minutes ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    that's just Vince's response to AEW in trying channel the attitude era again without, y'know, having any of the actual talent to carry it through.

Is that what AEW is doing? Where's the boobies?
  • SnackPlissken 30 Oct 2019 15:02:33 1,336 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 2 years ago
    I mean there's definitely an argument. Perhaps not WCW/TNA riding off of ex-WWE guys but certainly Jericho and Swagger but there's always going to be crossovers.
  • Joyless_Man 30 Oct 2019 15:12:44 627 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    I kind of follow wrestling as probably a hangover from my childhood, but I probably only ever watch it via youtube clips after a big event like WM or something. I don't think I've watched a full show since I was about 12 but I have a habit of reading up on things when I'm bored.

WWE looks a shower of shit. That Seth Rollins guy and Roman Reigns have absolutely 0 charisma. Dean Ambrose wasn't much better, but he said he was creatively restricted. Shame Daniel Bryan got injured as he was really over beforehand.

AEW sounds interesting in how they let the wrestlers come up with their ideas. I don't know how long you can do that for though, because WCW did that and after a few years it turned into a mad house.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Oct 2019 15:42:02 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    SnackPlissken wrote:
    I mean there's definitely an argument. Perhaps not WCW/TNA riding off of ex-WWE guys but certainly Jericho and Swagger but there's always going to be crossovers.
    So far AEW is similar to what TNA used to do right - using known names but not putting Hall and Nash on the top of the card. It could tip the wrong way from where they are, too many guys who mainly featured on Main Event or failed to land the jump from NXT will look a bit small time.

Right now though being fresh and exciting is enough as WWE becomes ever more bloated (despite arguably having the most athletically gifted roster it's ever had).

Plus there's always Powerrr for olde time wrasslin now too
  • MiniSchnauz 30 Oct 2019 17:13:09 320 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    @Joyless_Man I should point out Daniel Bryan finally got cleared and has been back wrestling for about 18 months at this point.

He had a great heel run with the 'Planet's Champion' gimmick as well as a great match against Brock Lesnar at last year's Survivor Series.

EDIT: Also rumours that Edge got cleared and is looking for one last run.

Edited by MiniSchnauz at 17:15:43 30-10-2019
  • Joyless_Man 30 Oct 2019 17:18:49 627 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 7 months ago
    @MiniSchnauz Good to hear!

I remember Edge being a mad bastard in the 90s, no wonder he ended up injured.
  • MiniSchnauz 30 Oct 2019 17:22:35 320 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    I think the important thing about AEW is that they're bringing through new talent and offering it as a showcase rather than just relying on the same old names.

True, I don't really think Hangman benefitted that much from being the first challenger for the belt but the build for Darby Allin has been great and really allowed him to shine both in-promo and in-ring. Then there's MJF, the most glorious bastard of a tweener currently, as well as the reinvention of Moxley and PAC and the Lucha Bros/LAX/Jurassic Express really capturing attention on a bigger platform.
  • Rusty_M 30 Oct 2019 17:58:25 7,096 posts
    Seen 3 hours ago
    Registered 13 years ago
    MiniSchnauz wrote:
    @Joyless_Man I should point out Daniel Bryan finally got cleared and has been back wrestling for about 18 months at this point.

He had a great heel run with the 'Planet's Champion' gimmick as well as a great match against Brock Lesnar at last year's Survivor Series.

EDIT: Also rumours that Edge got cleared and is looking for one last run.
    You think you know a guy...
  • MiniSchnauz 30 Oct 2019 18:21:04 320 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Rusty_M wrote:
    You think you know a guy...
    I admit it: I laughed.
  • simpleexplodingmaybe 30 Oct 2019 18:52:56 11,368 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    Wasn't Edge's head about to fall off his spine his neck was so bad?

I hope we're not going to see him get paralysed in ring for the sake of a 9 minute ppv match against Dolph Ziggler
  • MiniSchnauz 30 Oct 2019 19:02:24 320 posts
    Seen 1 minute ago
    Registered 1 year ago
    Yeah, he risked permanent paralysis or death if he took anymore heavy neck bumps but apparently it's all fine now(?) or so the dirtsheets go.

When he came back for the Smackdown anniversary a few months back he talked afterwards about how nervous he was spearing Elias and the rumours have only gotten stronger from there.

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.