Following Diablo 4

First Previous
  • JamboWayOh 1 Nov 2019 19:02:30 23,052 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    Been announced at BlizzCon, looks less cartoony than 3 and suitably dark, it's even got HORSES. I'm surprised that it's been made for Xbox and ps4, presumably out next year so probably cross gen.

https://www.eurogamer.net/articles/2019-11-01-diablo-4-announced
  • Deleted user 1 November 2019 19:18:01
    Big install base and will no doubt be forwards compatible.

Tone looked great. CGI was very impressive and the sinew cape was ickily lush.
  • JamboWayOh 1 Nov 2019 19:33:59 23,052 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    adamasunder12 wrote:

I didn't see any cgi in that gameplay trailer.
  • crashVoodoo 1 Nov 2019 19:44:36 7,075 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Well, sign me up. On the hours I've poured into 3 alone how can I not.

Was that voice of tyreal?

Gameplay trailer

I missed this when I followed the link, only watched the cinematic. I know it's early but it has the odd aesthetic like path of exile

Edited by crashVoodoo at 19:57:34 01-11-2019
  • Dombat 1 Nov 2019 19:48:08 1,905 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    Wasn't expecting to be interested but they've gone back to the darker tone of the older games which I like a lot.
  • Dombat 1 Nov 2019 19:49:11 1,905 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    adamasunder12 wrote:

Huh? They had a CGI cinematic and a gameplay trailer.
  • Farley2k 1 Nov 2019 19:51:35 255 posts
    Seen 1 day ago
    Registered 4 years ago
    it looks like Diablo....more of the same is fine with the series.
  • Tomo 1 Nov 2019 20:35:14 19,011 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Sounds like its got Finchyyyy from The Office in it too!
  • neilka 1 Nov 2019 21:05:08 23,816 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Throwing a kettle over a pub is one of the less useful abilities in the series.
  • Mola_Ram 1 Nov 2019 23:01:41 25,403 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    God it looks so dark. Literally shaking with excitement.

Hopefully you can still transform into a chicken.
  • Deleted user 1 November 2019 23:15:20
    JamboWayOh wrote:
    adamasunder12 wrote:

Forgive me for having only seen the CGI trailer up to now.
  • Deleted user 1 November 2019 23:18:21
    Tomo wrote:
    Sounds like its got Finchyyyy from The Office in it too!
    Ha! I was getting real VVitch vibes
  • Fonzie 1 Nov 2019 23:53:46 3,450 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    neilka wrote:
    Throwing a kettle over a pub is one of the less useful abilities in the series.
    I wonder if he will "get up to his nuts in guts".
  • TechnoHippy 2 Nov 2019 09:48:11 18,602 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Looks great - looking forward to this. I'm a fan of the darker tone.
  • quadfather 2 Nov 2019 10:39:35 38,168 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    Looks excellent. Much prefer the darker tone of old.
  • Cappy 2 Nov 2019 13:35:00 14,274 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    I don't know, I wish they'd finally rethink the camera, it's a vestige of the series origins that's no longer necessary.

There's all sorts of interesting stuff happening and you're way off up in the sky somewhere viewing things from a similar perspective to Guantlet. Perhaps it's time to leave the 80s behind. Diablo just gives me the impression that I'm watching swarms of insects squirming around rather than witnessing an epic battle.

Edited by Cappy at 13:35:42 02-11-2019
  • quadfather 2 Nov 2019 15:28:04 38,168 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    I don't know how else you'd do the camera though?
  • Phattso 2 Nov 2019 15:59:41 26,783 posts
    Seen 4 hours ago
    Registered 17 years ago
    If you zoomed in, wouldn't it just be Dynasty Warriors at that point? I'm a fan of the viewpoint, if only because the lack of a far horizon means they can spend the vast majority of the rendering budget on fucktonnes of baddies and all the pyrotechnics in the boom closet.

Very much excited for this one - both trailers did the job for me. Like that it'll be spanning the generations, too, because you just know the next-gen version (and PC, one would hope) will have bells 'n' whistles turned up to 11.
  • JamboWayOh 2 Nov 2019 16:38:09 23,052 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    quadfather wrote:
    I don't know how else you'd do the camera though?
    Yeah, me too. The style is synonymous with the series I don't think I'd wanna a different camera style, like a 3rd person or zoomed out one it wouldn't be Diablo then.
  • RobAnybody 2 Nov 2019 17:07:20 2,884 posts
    Seen 3 days ago
    Registered 9 years ago
    "We are not coming anytime soon, not even Blizzard soon" - regarding how close D4 is to release

https://old.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/dq9o65/we_are_not_coming_anytime_soon_not_even_blizzard/

Showing D4 at Blizzcon was obviously a cynical ploy to try and distract from the ongoing shit-show with China.
  • JamboWayOh 2 Nov 2019 17:09:36 23,052 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    RobAnybody wrote:
    "We are not coming anytime soon, not even Blizzard soon" - regarding how close D4 is to release

https://old.reddit.com/r/Diablo/comments/dq9o65/we_are_not_coming_anytime_soon_not_even_blizzard/

Showing D4 at Blizzcon was obviously a cynical ploy to try and distract from the ongoing shit-show with China.
    I'm not sure why they'd even say xbox and ps4 if it's no where being done. It's not as of the new consoles are a secret.
  • Cappy 2 Nov 2019 17:47:05 14,274 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 15 years ago
    Phattso wrote:
    If you zoomed in, wouldn't it just be Dynasty Warriors at that point? I'm a fan of the viewpoint, if only because the lack of a far horizon means they can spend the vast majority of the rendering budget on fucktonnes of baddies and all the pyrotechnics in the boom closet.

Very much excited for this one - both trailers did the job for me. Like that it'll be spanning the generations, too, because you just know the next-gen version (and PC, one would hope) will have bells 'n' whistles turned up to 11.
    Perhaps you should be considering whether you've just been playing a version of Dynasty Warriors with an alternate camera angle all these years.

It's such an archaic camera angle for any game where the player or enemies has ranged attacks, the camera needs to be showing you more of what's in front of you rather than hovering around above you.

Nintenspoogefest Mario Galaxy has exactly that problem due to a camera favouring an overhead view and allowing enemies to attack you from outside the area the player can view using projectiles. Getting hit by enemies you could never see should always be automatic shite game status.
  • Awimbawe 2 Nov 2019 18:43:26 680 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    It's a camera angle that allows you to see all the enemies around you which is kind of critical for an ARPG like this, it's kind of it's own genre at this point surely.
  • TechnoHippy 2 Nov 2019 20:40:11 18,602 posts
    Seen 6 hours ago
    Registered 18 years ago
    Chaosbane tried more cinematic camera angles and they were horrible for this type of game, although it had more wrong with it than just the camera.
  • Gibroon 2 Nov 2019 20:48:13 2,475 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 16 years ago
    It's looking good for sure. I do hope dungeons are a good bit darker. I loved D1 and D2 where you could barely see 10 feet in front of you. Things loomed in the dark with only the shrieks and grunts to feed your way through the unknown. Using a torch or finding an item with increased light to ease the impending doom.
  • Deleted user 3 November 2019 10:11:19
    Ha, boom closet
  • JamboWayOh 3 Nov 2019 12:07:46 23,052 posts
    Seen 1 hour ago
    Registered 8 years ago
    https://kotaku.com/hands-on-with-diablo-iv-dungeon-delving-with-an-open-w-1839568565

Sounds pretty interesting, going for a Destiny like structure.
  • Awimbawe 3 Nov 2019 12:27:19 680 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 12 years ago
    Cheers for posting that, very interesting read, just makes the wait that much harder.
  • crashVoodoo 3 Nov 2019 13:19:27 7,075 posts
    Seen 9 hours ago
    Registered 19 years ago
    Thanks Jambo, I do like the ideas they're laying down.
  • quadfather 4 Nov 2019 16:04:18 38,168 posts
    Seen 2 hours ago
    Registered 11 years ago
    There's an article about it on the front page. However, it mentions forced online. And not only forced online, but there are events where other players will join your game too.

I don't like that for two reasons. 1) sometimes I don't want the immersion broken by some fucking idiot random joining my game and being a turd. 2) It all sounds like they're going to be monitising it.

Ah man, why do they do this. Its such a shit thing to have :(
  • First Previous
Sign in or register to reply

Sometimes posts may contain links to online retail stores. If you click on one and make a purchase we may receive a small commission. For more information, go here.